Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 200

Thread: How did Kenpachi get beat?

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Its simple. He lost because he wasn't strong enough to contend with that level of power.

  2. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Really,it doesn't get more simple than that.Another question still remains though : who was it that kicked Ken-chan's ass ? Juha or Royd ?
    Last edited by g0dzax; October 16, 2012 at 02:03 PM.

  3. #33
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ryuzaki786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Doesn't Royd copy a person through and through?

  4. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    Really,it doesn't get more simple than that.Another question still remains though : who was it that kicked Ken-chan's ass ? Juha or Royd ?
    Does it matter? In either case it wasn't Bach.

    I honestly don't know why this thread was made, do people think kenpachi is that powerful that he got trolled somehow? Its clear that kenpachi just isn't strong enough at the moment but because he is one of the 5 war potentials he will likely get stronger and redeem himself later on. I mean Bleach is supposed to go on at least another 5 years so...

  5. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar
    Does it matter? In either case it wasn't Bach.
    For me it does matter,because it would mean the power-charts with the SR are off-balance.I mean,just look at the manga,Kenpachi kills 3 SR without a scar on him,yet when Yama-jii roasts 3 SR with his Shikai they live ?(seeing as Buzzbee was alive and roasted,I suppose the other 2 SR lived too).Power-balance seems kind of hectic right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar
    I honestly don't know why this thread was made, do people think kenpachi is that powerful that he got trolled somehow? Its clear that kenpachi just isn't strong enough at the moment but because he is one of the 5 war potentials he will likely get stronger and redeem himself later on. I mean Bleach is supposed to go on at least another 5 years so...
    Kubo overhyped Ken-chan in interviews and in the novel "Spirits are forever with you".Supposedly,he is insanely strong now,and his seal absorbs 20x times the reiatsu than the other one.And now for example,take a look at the other captains,who can barely hold their ground against 1 SR (Byakuya is proof enough,I just wonder if he is truly dead).Ken-chan sealed killed 3 SR with his seal on,suggesting that his power is that much greater than any of current captains,so it still doesn't make sense that Royd(the one who copyes MEMORIES and MENTALITY ,unlike Loyd who copyes power and strength)was the one who beat him,since that would suggest Royd is extremely close to Juha as power,yet it isn't that way.


    So I think it was actually Juha blocking Ken-chan's sword in that panel(can't remember the chapter),and after beating him he procceded towards Aizen,leaving Royd to take care of Ken-chan further.


    Though,I wonder why Ken-chan didn't releases his seal lol.

  6. #36
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member JutsuJuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    If you check out the panel of Juha holding Kenpachi up by the neck, you'll see that his seal was indeed off.

  7. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Yeah,you're right,sorry about that.So,Ken-chan was unsealed already...

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    And still beaten, which supports the version in which real Bach beat Kenpachi and left only after that.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    For me it does matter,because it would mean the power-charts with the SR are off-balance.I mean,just look at the manga,Kenpachi kills 3 SR without a scar on him,yet when Yama-jii roasts 3 SR with his Shikai they live ?(seeing as Buzzbee was alive and roasted,I suppose the other 2 SR lived too).Power-balance seems kind of hectic right now.



    Kubo overhyped Ken-chan in interviews and in the novel "Spirits are forever with you".Supposedly,he is insanely strong now,and his seal absorbs 20x times the reiatsu than the other one.And now for example,take a look at the other captains,who can barely hold their ground against 1 SR (Byakuya is proof enough,I just wonder if he is truly dead).Ken-chan sealed killed 3 SR with his seal on,suggesting that his power is that much greater than any of current captains,so it still doesn't make sense that Royd(the one who copyes MEMORIES and MENTALITY ,unlike Loyd who copyes power and strength)was the one who beat him,since that would suggest Royd is extremely close to Juha as power,yet it isn't that way.


    So I think it was actually Juha blocking Ken-chan's sword in that panel(can't remember the chapter),and after beating him he procceded towards Aizen,leaving Royd to take care of Ken-chan further.


    Though,I wonder why Ken-chan didn't releases his seal lol.
    Kubo is terrible when it comes to being consistent with power levels but that aside kenpachi is(was) doing so well for a few reasons:

    1) Kenpachi is custom made for these fights. He doesn't need a bankai to achieve his full power. IMO Byakuya and Kenpachi are relatively even(pre time skip) and yet Byakuya was trashed. Thats because Byakuya using his Bankai is equal to a unsealed kenpachi. Byakuya was denied his full power and thus at a disadvantage. Same thing for the other captains.

    2) The people Kenpachi fought might have just been fodder. Yama roasted that "Overkill" Quincy and yet couldn't kill the other 3 that tried to jump him. So it would seem that the Quincy vary in power. Obviously the one that Byakuya fought was of a higher level seeing as how he not only raped Byakuya but later survived Yama's BBQ. Same with the one Shunsui is fighting. Not only does he seem to be a higher ranking quincy but the fact that he keeps using his holly mode means he is going all out. None of the Quincy Kenpachi fought used it to my knowledge.

    3) Kenpachi is full of PlotKai. Look at how he beat the SR that could copy him. He didn't reveal some sort of new tech, he didn't come up with some sort of clever strategy, and he didn't receive help from his Zanpakuto or anybody else for that matter.. All he did was become stronger than he was before...How much damn sense does that make? If that was the case why can't everybody just decide that i want to get stronger right now? Why do people even train? Why didn't the SR just get stronger too? Thats the stupidest possible way to EVER win a fight. EVER.

    4) Kenpachi is one of the few people that probably actually got stronger over the TS and still has a lot of potential. All the senior captains have probably been done improving for decades now, Soifon could have improved her Shunko but he hates her bankai so thats not improving, the other capains(save for Komamarua) probably improved, and while Byakuya might have improved his overall skill we know he didn't improve his Bankai.

    So all in all i would say that Kenpachi did what he was supposed to do. Beat some fodder but get raped by some guy that was much more powerful. It wasn't Bach but it was still somebody much stronger than him. I don't understand why its so hard to believe that kenpachi was beat by somebody that wasn't the head of the quincy. If you think about it Kenpachi is powerful but he is really kinda limited in overall skill, so if his opponent isn't a hack and slash fighter he is at a disadvantage.

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #40
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    I'm pretty sure he just forgot to fight with two hands again.

  14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #41
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Why can't people realize that copying memories and personality is much better than copying strength? Royd copied Bach memories, which basically make him has access to all of Bach's techniques as well as his 1000 years battle experience. Of course his techniques will be much weaker than Bach because even though he has mentally train them, his body is not used to it (unless he had time to train his body). Copying strength without knowing how to use them is useless, but copying a person's memory basically means that copying the brain. From biology 101, we all know that the brain controls every part of the body.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    Why can't people realize that copying memories and personality is much better than copying strength? Royd copied Bach memories, which basically make him has access to all of Bach's techniques as well as his 1000 years battle experience. Of course his techniques will be much weaker than Bach because even though he has mentally train them, his body is not used to it (unless he had time to train his body). Copying strength without knowing how to use them is useless, but copying a person's memory basically means that copying the brain. From biology 101, we all know that the brain controls every part of the body.
    Well im not here to argue about which of the two(memory or strength) is "better" but the reason Royd lost was because he wasn't "strong" enough. He wasn't powerful enough to steal Yama's Bankai, something only somebody of Bach's power level could do. If Royd had the ability to copy Bachs power he would have beaten Yama. As it stands just copying abilities/memories isn't good enough

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #43
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    It is a mere assumption that if Bach strength is copied, royd/loyd would beat Yama. Like I said, copying the strength without knowing how to use it is pointless (loyd vs kenny not even a scratch). Anyone can steal yama's bankai, but the problem is controlling it. If royd/loyd copied Bach's strength and steal yama's bankai, will they be able to use it without knowing its power? Back to kenpachi, if royd faced him and copied his memories, sure he wont be able to match kenny's reiatsu, but does he need Kenny's strength at all? Since quincies gave never been using raw power to battle (maybe not the gorilla guy), having kenny's strength is pretty much irrelevant if he preferred long range attacks like most quincies do. Furthurmore, he will know all about kenny's flaws and weaknesses. Combining that knowledge with his quincy powers, he stands a pretty good chance of scratching him.

  20. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    It is a mere assumption that if Bach strength is copied, royd/loyd would beat Yama. Like I said, copying the strength without knowing how to use it is pointless (loyd vs kenny not even a scratch). Anyone can steal yama's bankai, but the problem is controlling it. If royd/loyd copied Bach's strength and steal yama's bankai, will they be able to use it without knowing its power? Back to kenpachi, if royd faced him and copied his memories, sure he wont be able to match kenny's reiatsu, but does he need Kenny's strength at all? Since quincies gave never been using raw power to battle (maybe not the gorilla guy), having kenny's strength is pretty much irrelevant if he preferred long range attacks like most quincies do. Furthurmore, he will know all about kenny's flaws and weaknesses. Combining that knowledge with his quincy powers, he stands a pretty good chance of scratching him.
    If Lyod(power copier) had been the one to fight Yama he would have won. The only requirements to stealing a bankai is that you are powerful enough. Lyod having the same amount of power as Bach would have allowed him to steal Yama's bankai. I don't see any reason as to why he wouldn't be able to control it. The guy that stole Byakuya's Bankai used it like a pro and from what i can tell Hitsugaya's opponent didn't have any problems either. Whether it be because of Intel or a plot hole SR seem to have no problem wielding them. Now do you get what im saying? Royd might have had all the experience, memories, and abilities of Bach but because he wasn't as powerful he wasn't able to steal yama's Bankai(the thing that beat Royd). If Loyd had stolen his bankai(which he could because he would be as powerful as bach, just lacking experience, memories, and abilities) he would have just activated it and killed Yama.

    As for Kenpachi, im not sure if i follow what you are saying, but you shouldn't dwell too much on it. Kenpachi is mega wanked by Kubo. His power flucates almost as much as Ichigo's and if "spirits are forever with you" is ever confirmed to be canon then it makes sense. Oh and the belief that quincy only, or at the very lesat prefer, is basically done with. You shouldn't generalize quincy like that. Maybe fighting at long range was true for the teachings of the "old ways" by Ishida's grandfather but as you can clearly see it varies with these new quincy. After Kirge's arrows were proven to be useless he almost fought exclusively with his sword. Bach also preferred to fight with his sword. It just depends.

  21. #45
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Alderney
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    480
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar View Post
    As for Kenpachi, im not sure if i follow what you are saying, but you shouldn't dwell too much on it. Kenpachi is mega wanked by Kubo. His power flucates almost as much as Ichigo's and if "spirits are forever with you" is ever confirmed to be canon then it makes sense
    I believe Tite has stated that he wanted to confirm Kenpacihi's power from the book later in the manga and that he was surprised nobody found it out yet.

New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts