Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 200

Thread: How did Kenpachi get beat?

  1. #46
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,525
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Royd could've been trained by Juha Bach himself just for that, if he does only copy personality and such, guess it means that the guy is pretty darn strong, I don't see what would stop Juha Bach from teaching him a lot of stuff just to fool Yama and SS

  2. #47
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nieuwsgierig View Post
    I believe Tite has stated that he wanted to confirm Kenpacihi's power from the book later in the manga and that he was surprised nobody found it out yet.
    Well until then "Spirits are Forever with You" is nothing more than a glorified fanfiction written by a famous author. Kubo was just giving his praise. At best the only canon thing from it is they Kenpachi's ability right but thats still not enough to argue about it. We still don't know the specifics of it. We don't know what its limits are, if its a Zanpakuto ability or his own, how long it takes to "kick in", why he has it, or any other thing that we might need to know to incorporate it into a canon discussion. Until it is shown/explained in the manga it is not canon.

  3. #48
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Norio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    São Paulo
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Kenpachi likes to feel the heat of the battle, he keeps fighting in the same level of the opponent to have fun.
    I think he underestimated, and the ST one shoted him with his strongest attack.

  4. #49
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    918
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    It's obvious how Kenpachi lost. The name 'Royd' obviously means he's on 'roids, and Kenpachi is all natural baby.



    Nah but if Kenpachi truly is as strong as he is made out to be in that novel, then holy crap. Twenty times the reiatsu? So what this guy is on Yamamoto's level now? Come oooon....
    If so, maybe he was just beaten due to his lack of good shunpo, a zanpakuto, kido, and brains.

    Even Yama could not survive without his zan.

    Royd probably fought Kenpachi in a way that he couldn't fight, something more tactical/intellectual.
    Again, Yama is a good example of tactics being very effective against a powerhouse.
    Last edited by Notak; December 02, 2012 at 11:39 PM.

  5. #50
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    P.Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Country
    Kenya
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    339
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    I highly doubt Royd used any trickery...from the first attack of Kenpachi on Royd it was clear his Blut Vene was not breached, given he was unharmed after the whole fight, it is increasingly clear that Kenpachi at full power then (without eyepatch) still could not breach it...lets be honest this guy took Ryujin Jaka to the arm and got a small cut for it, most people turn to ash from just that (Driscoll anyone?)...despite our love for Kenpachi, the honest truth is that he was pummeled to the point of losing consciousness. Royd was a beast
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo


  6. #51
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    714
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    IMO Kenpachi was beaten that way for plot reasons and nothing more.

  7. #52
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    I highly doubt Royd used any trickery...from the first attack of Kenpachi on Royd it was clear his Blut Vene was not breached, given he was unharmed after the whole fight, it is increasingly clear that Kenpachi at full power then (without eyepatch) still could not breach it...lets be honest this guy took Ryujin Jaka to the arm and got a small cut for it, most people turn to ash from just that (Driscoll anyone?)...despite our love for Kenpachi, the honest truth is that he was pummeled to the point of losing consciousness. Royd was a beast
    Agreed. Royd was stronger and there's nothing more to it. It's not that farfetched at all. Even Nnoitra brought Kenpachi somewhat close to death, through sheer brute force. There's no reason Royd, who possessed Bach's knowledge and skills, and none of Nnoitra's recklessness, shouldn't be able to do the same. Whether the power he faced Kenpachi and Yama with was naturally his own, or Bach personally enhanced his Blut specifically so he could hold his own against Yama, he was stronger at the time than Kenpachi.

    ---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    It's obvious how Kenpachi lost. The name 'Royd' obviously means he's on 'roids, and Kenpachi is all natural baby.



    Nah but if Kenpachi truly is as strong as he is made out to be in that novel, then holy crap. Twenty times the reiatsu? So what this guy is on Yamamoto's level now? Come oooon....
    If so, maybe he was just beaten due to his lack of good shunpo, a zanpakuto, kido, and brains.

    Even Yama could not survive without his zan.

    Royd probably fought Kenpachi in a way that he couldn't fight, something more tactical/intellectual.
    Again, Yama is a good example of tactics being very effective against a powerhouse.
    I'd take the stuff in that novel with a grain of salt. It wasn't written by Kubo, and I don't think Kubo had that much to do with the creative process, other than character designs. Maybe Kenpachi has experienced a strength boost since the timeskip, but 20 times? Nah, it's just not credible. But again, Royd had Bach's thousand years of battle experience, and Quincy seem to have a lot of tricks up their sleeves, with all their techniques and equipment. Still, I don't think Royd even had to resort to using those against Kenpachi. He was completely unscathed, whilst Kenpachi, a guy who can take deep cuts and laugh them off, is now comatose. The battle seems to have been one sided from the start.

  8. #53
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,490
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    honestly i am kinda ticked that this fight was off-page, much like kenpachi's fight against the vandenrich that he took out, both fights should have been on-page, especially with the manga ending after this arc

    i will never understand the concept of off-screen or -off page fights especially with this much on the line and in this epic of a moment in the story

  9. #54
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    36
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Zaraki's problem is his enjoyment of the fight, if someone who can hurt him goes full out instantly at the start they can seriously do alot of damage to him before he can maybe realise he needs to stop pissing about and go eyepatch-off.

  10. #55
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Kenpachi got beat because he faced a superior opponent (like I said before). What is there to argue about?

  11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #56
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    If they argue about him losing, imagine their reaction in other topic where people say Kenpachi's weak. XD

  13. #57
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    istanbul
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    kenpachi was busy questioning himself, so he could not fight properly

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #58
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Kenpachi got beat because he faced a superior opponent (like I said before). What is there to argue about?
    Aww, don't kill the thread! What about some details about the fight, or the reason for Royd being superior when Loyd was not?
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  16. #59
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    North Pole
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    My interpretation of it is this:

    It's not clear whether Juha Bach took out Kenpachi and then went to talk to Aizen, or if Royd copied Juha Bach's powers and then beat up Kenpachi. I'm leaning towards the first option, because when Bach was holding Kenpachi up, he commented that maybe he shouldn't have considered him a War Potential, talking as if he was actually Bach. Kenpachi was out cold, and Haschwald was the only other guy there, so it wouldn't make sense for him to pretend to be Bach then, unless it was just to fool the readers. Who knows?

    It seems to me that Royd was more formidable than his brother Lloyd due to the fact that he copied Juha Bach, who is monstrously powerful.

    ---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    I'm sure Royd received a powerup from Bach - either purely by mimicking him, or because Bach personally increased the strength of his Blut (Quilge makes a comment about advising Bach to strengthen the Stern Ritter's Blut). But to be honest, given that we can have some captains being trashed by SR, whilst we have Kenpachi taking 3 of them out with ease, isn't it at all possible that there are similar differences in power between the Stern Ritter? Some of them could just be that much stronger than captains. I'm not saying that's necessarily the reason Royd won, but if it were, is it really that unfeasible?
    The thing is, if the Sternritter knew Kenpachi was a War Potential (which was included in the Daten they all got), then I highly doubt the weaker ones would try and face him. We can certainly postulate vast differences in power between some of the Sternritters, but why would the weaker ones try to fight a War Potential? Who knows, though.

  17. #60
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,339
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Aww, don't kill the thread! What about some details about the fight, or the reason for Royd being superior when Loyd was not?
    Would be nice, but there isn't any detail to play with. It was off-paneled.

    Let's have a shot, though.
    Loyd imitated Kenpachi, and the end, he ended up losing, which is plausible. Maybe Royd not only copied Bach's appearance, but also attributes of his body, too, so, he was physically a lot stonger than Kenpachi. That would explain him tanking Ryuujin Jakka, as well. And without gaining access to Bach's special skills, perhaps he was able to possess a Blut Vene of the same degree.

    ---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    My interpretation of it is this:

    It's not clear whether Juha Bach took out Kenpachi and then went to talk to Aizen, or if Royd copied Juha Bach's powers and then beat up Kenpachi. I'm leaning towards the first option, because when Bach was holding Kenpachi up, he commented that maybe he shouldn't have considered him a War Potential, talking as if he was actually Bach. Kenpachi was out cold, and Haschwald was the only other guy there, so it wouldn't make sense for him to pretend to be Bach then, unless it was just to fool the readers. Who knows?
    Right after those words, Captain-Commander arrived at the scene, so, a possibility of a switch is non-existent at that point. Apparently, it was Royd who thought that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    The thing is, if the Sternritter knew Kenpachi was a War Potential (which was included in the Daten they all got), then I highly doubt the weaker ones would try and face him. We can certainly postulate vast differences in power between some of the Sternritters, but why would the weaker ones try to fight a War Potential? Who knows, though.
    The only solid option is SR being an arrogant bunch of soldiers, who don't know when to stop.
    Remember the guy Ichigo annihilated right after he arrived at SS. He was so full of himself and got one-shot.

New Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts