Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: How did Kenpachi get beat?

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

How did Kenpachi get beat?
    -He was holding back like what Unohana explained.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

What I don't quite understand is, isn't there a chance that Zaraki might put shackles on himself again? He's going to lose eventually, and he's going to be even more bored now than before.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The manga will likely end at a point when we will never find out is he happens to shackle himself again or not. He fullfiller his dream at last, so he might change his behaviour too. I'm waiting for his and Yachirus interaction after he get's out of there to see how she reacts to his change.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I wondered. It's not like the shackles were a deliberate thing, it was subconscious. So what's to stop him falling into the same pit again? I guess he's not a child any more, so his current level of ...'maturity' (because he's not really that mature) could stop him. Also, he's already defeated Unohana. Keeping her around was the reason his young self started holding back. Now she's gone, he has no reason to, on a psychological level.

But he's going to be even more bored than ever now, I think, now that he's tasted 'true battle' for the first time.

Maybe he'll resort to wearing two eyepatches, one on each eye, lol. Or a reiatsu-draining gimp mask . There's an image.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, perhaps being able to communicate with his zampakuto will make a difference in regards to kenpachi shackling himself again. Perhaps ichigo is no longer a good point of reference as to how shinigami powers work however it is worth noting that the amount of power ichigo could release and control did depend on ichigo's connection and relation to zangetsu. If other shinigami are even vaguely similar then perhaps just being able to communicate with his zampakuto will be a more effective way to control his own power. Kenpachi's zampakuto is arguably powerful so perhaps kenpachi can keep himself in top shape by fighting him though...

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14