Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Toriko and his possible growth

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko and his possible growth

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    Talking about Toriko's growth, I find it funny that Toriko only started getting strong after he met Komatsu. In the first chapter, a capture level 5 Galala Croc already seems hard for him. Wasn't he supposed to be strong already because he was trained by the strongest man in the world?
    Nah, Toriko wasn't showing his full power and The Galala Croc didn't harm him. It was the beginning couldn't have showed him being too strong. Toriko I would say at the beginning was in Beast lv terms around 25 and along the way he grew off screen until he reached the Jewel Meat arc where he powered up on screen

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    Nah, Toriko wasn't showing his full power and The Galala Croc didn't harm him. It was the beginning couldn't have showed him being too strong. Toriko I would say at the beginning was in Beast lv terms around 25 and along the way he grew off screen until he reached the Jewel Meat arc where he powered up on screen
    But he said it's impossible to capture it alive. That means it's a hard hunt for him. He was trained by Ichiryuu since he was a kid. He should be able to handle that without a sweat. I think the Gourmet Knights who doesn't even have gourmet cells could have handled it better.
    From having difficulty handling a level 5 monster to beating an over 100 in just a few years with Komatsu.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it seems that it also depends on what you eat.
    During the last years he was constantly eating damn delicious ingridients, thus his Gourmet Cells got way stronger in a short period of time. Also he underwent training in extreme environments like Ice Hell or Gourmet Desert.
    But I agree that it was strange that being a quite famous Bishokuya he only managed to take 5 Level Beast in the begining of the manga.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Galala gator wasn't a problem for Toriko. Once he got fairly serious he one-shot it with fork and knife. The thing is that before meeting Komatsu Toriko was living a carefree life, not bothered by anything.

In the fight he stated clearly: "How long has it been since I've seen a pray that dares to fight me?"

After that came the threat of the Bishokukai and Ichiryu's training list, which prompted Toriko to step up his game and improve rapidly.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it would also be interesting to see Toriko combining more of his techs. For example, when he fought Chiyo in Shokurin Temple he combined his Twin Kugi Punch with his Fork Tech, thus he made possible to fight against a strong cook and knife expert without getting his arms damaged and also increasing attacking power.
    Hope he will do more of such combos. Especially now with developed Food Honour and Food Immerssion he doesn't have stamina problems with complicated attacks.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

well the thing toriko has and others dont have :

1. torikos ability to adapt and evolve has been mentioned again and again...in puffer whale arc he learns just by seeing coco...coco even thinks about his potential that time...with sani during death falls arc he used 36 nail punch just by listening about instinct from sani...even sani says that time that he is jealous of toriko...

2. his gourmet cells awesomness have been recognized and mentioned by people again and again...starjun,grinpatch,yosaku are few of the examples

3. his attitude towards food and ingredients is totally different from others and unique in a way

4. he has a awesome guy as his partner

the whole getting strong concept in toriko not just revolves around strength but many other factors... the other heavenly kings maybe strong at one thing but they all lack what toriko has... apart from that he is easy going and takes his time to enjoy every single ingredient he comes across...

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, yes his strength seems to be his ability to adapt to anything way faster than any other character has. I believe Ichiryu is like this as well.
    Also Toriko's Gourmet Cells seem to have the most tenacity among Heavenly Kings. Maybe rivaled only by Zebra's Toriko's regeneration ability developed insanely, when he was regenerating his arm just because his Cells wanted to it that delicious Century Soup.
    And I agree about his attitude. As he said for him there are no bad ingridients, that he will enjoy every one of them. That's the big differense between him and the most of the characters. Zebra also eats practically everything, but he doesn't enjoy it in Toriko's way.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

So what's everybody's Opinion on this 50 Ren Nail Gun Punch?? IMO i'm not a big fan yet. We knew that Toriko previously had 3 different variations to this Nail Punch (Kugi Punch) A concentrated version where the damage would simply blow a hole through something repeatedly. A Wider Version to that which is what he normally uses I believe because it takes less stress and the damage is spread out which results in the items obliteration not just a concentrated hole. And His Icepick which isn't very impressive cause he can easily damage his fingers repeatedly attacking like that......Now we have Nail Gun (Kugi Gun) which IMO is just a faster version of his concentrated version so why is this really a new move? Or is He simply striking 50times of power in 1 hit?? I get it how it works sorta but Feel like it's not a move.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the principle is different, because he explained that normal Kugi Punch no matter how strong it is can be countered by a Wild Beast and a strong opponent, the way Four Beast managed to do it. While this Nail Gun doesn't strike 50 times, but makes 50 as 1 blow, thus you rapidly get a massive blow that can destroy a mountain. Of course it's a difficult move to perform for now, but if Toriko masters it and would be able to perform it with two hands as well, then he might get one of the strongest attacking moves for now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

even if toriko has a new move still it won't be much of a big deal...from now on people who face toriko are gourmet world level...so their tanking capacity and damaging potential is way too high... toriko will get much stronger attacks than nail gun in future to damage gourmet world beasts and other big guns...we already saw a glimpse of capture lvl 350 beast...all 4 kings were fodder for him if facing him alone...and its already been hinted that capture levels go beyond 1000... at this point ichiru , jirou and midora must be more than capture level 1000 strong or at least close enough (when midora told his all of his subordinates that they all together cant defeat ichiruu...and those subordinates included topmost of bishokukais...so we can guess the level of top 3 big guns)

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Toriko obviously has a damn long way to go.
    And he will have both to eat greater ingridients to develop his Gourmet Cells and also invent some better attacks.
    Still, I believe his Nail Gun can be enough to the guys belong Staajun level. For example for the likes of Tommy or Centaur (I forgot his name)) ). Still, he also has to practise it in a real battle, cause it's also avadable if a person is fast enough. And I can clearly see the same Staajun being fast enough to evade it. At least for now.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2