Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Busters!

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Little Busters!

Little Busters!

Plot Summary:
    Little Busters is an adaptation of Key's romance adventure visual novel of the same name. Riki Naoe was orphaned when his parents died, but his depression is slowly lifted when he befriends a group of kids calling themselves the Little Busters. The series takes place during his second year of high school.

Riki was a child when his parents died, leaving him hopeless and depressed. What saved him was a group of four kids calling themselves the Little Busters. They took Riki out and played with him during his time of need. He really enjoyed being together with them, and his grief gradually faded away. Now in his second year of high school they still hang out, fight and live together, and enjoy their school life.

(Source: VNdb)

Opening Theme:
    "Little Busters!" by Rita

Ending Theme:
    "Alicemagic" by Rita

Japanese staff
    Director: Yoshiki Yamakawa

Spoiler: staff show

Japanese cast
    Hikaru Midorikawa as Kyōsuke Natsume
    Tomoe Tamiyasu as Rin Natsume
    Yui Horie as Riki Naoe
    Keiko Suzuki as Haruka Saigusa
    Naomi Wakabayashi as Kudryavka Noumi
    Natsumi Yanase as Komari Kamikita
    Nobutoshi Canna as Masato Inohara
    Ryouko Tanaka as Yuiko Kurugaya
    Sora Tokui as Sasami Sasasegawa
    Yuiko Tatsumi as Mio Nishizono
    Yusei Oda as Kengo Miyazawa
    Yuu Kamonomiya as Kyōsuke Natsume (young)
    Ai Nonaka as Sakiko Watanabe
    Akemi Kanda as Rei Kawagoe
    Ryou Hirohashi as Yukari Nakamura

Japanese companies
    Animation Production: J.C. Staff

Original Creator: Visual Art's/Key

Production:
    Kadokawa Shoten
    Team Little Busters!
    Visual Art's/Key
    Warner Bros.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 08, 2012 at 02:58 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Little Busters!

Episode 1

One of the most anticipated series of this anime season is finally here!

I watched a fanmade video of this VN some time ago and after watching that video I immediately thought that it would be an amazing idea to produce an LB anime. So I was thrilled when an LB anime was announced. Now…I have to admit that I wanted for KyoAni to produce this anime so I wasn’t exactly overjoyed when I found out that J.C. Staff was going to be the one behind this series. KyoAni has done such a wonderful job adapting Key novels so I was a bit iffy about J.C. adapting LB.

I watched the first episode and it was pretty good, it reminded me of Clannad quite a bit and of Toradora in some parts of the ep.

I’m not going to lie, I would have loved for KyoAni to adapt LB, but after watching the first episode I have high hopes that J.C. will do a good job adapting LB.

Now about the episode itself, I found it pretty funny; in fact I LOLed various times during the ep. About the characters…they were all okay but if I have to pick favs…then I would have to pick Riki (he is so cute! ) and Kyousuke (he is very cool! ).
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 08, 2012 at 11:03 PM.

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts are basically the same as yours destiny, it was a funny episode. Not much to talk about since it was basically a collection of gags, but I do like all the characters so far.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2

- This episode wasn’t as funny as the first one, but it enjoyed it nonetheless.

- Kamikita is so adorable!! She is very cute and funny, her comment about not being able to get a wife was hilarious!

- So Kamikita is the fifth member of the team and she is Rin’s first female friend. From the moment Rin was introduced it was very obvious that she was a tsudere, but I wasn’t expecting her to be that shy around girls. Her shy side is cute. ^_^

- Being familiar with Key novels, I was waiting for the drama to appear at some point during this episode and it did. This episode gave us a hint of where the drama will come from, it will come from Riki’s narcolepsy. I think the drama for this first arc, and who knows maybe for the whole series, will involve Riki and his sleeping disorder.

- Looking forward to the next episode!

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I was waiting for you to post, because I didn't want to double post, I watched it a while ago, so my memories are not fresh. At first I was put off by komari character but she grew on me as the episode went by especially the scene at the baseball field. As for the narcolepsy I don't think it works like that because I seen a documentary about it and it's probably gonna bug me through the whole series.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    At first I was put off by komari character but she grew on me as the episode went by especially the scene at the baseball field.
    She won me over in an instant! She is so cute!

Quote Quote:
    As for the narcolepsy I don't think it works like that because I seen a documentary about it and it's probably gonna bug me through the whole series.
    Well… maybe narcolepsy won’t be the source of drama in this series but I still think the drama will come from Riki’s side.

Btw, since you’re watching LB, I thought I would recommend you “Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo”. It’s another anime I’m currently watching and so far I like it. Just like LB, it is about a group of High School friends. A bit more crazy than LB but just as funny as LB. ^_^

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Episode 3

It wasn’t a great episode but it wasn’t bad either, it was okay.

- The only interesting thing in this episode for me was the introduction of Kurugaya, the newest member of the team.

- After Riki, Masato is my favorite male character in this series. He is silly and funny and I have a feeling he has the biggest heart of the group.

- It was a good thing to see Riki recovering pretty smoothly from his long slumber, so I guess the narcolepsy issue won’t be the source of drama in this series but I still think the source of drama will come from Riki’s side...

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the first few episodes are to introduce the characters this show has a big cast!

Kurugaya is the one character I am not liking so far, she is too smug, and how many times are they going to use that weapon joke?? it ws funny the first 2 episodes but it was dragged out this one.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the first few episodes are to introduce the characters this show has a big cast!
    Yeah, the first episodes will be like that. They will introduce new characters but they will also let us know a bit more about the rest of the characters and about the story. Key novels are usually like that.

Quote Quote:
    Kurugaya is the one character I am not liking so far, she is too smug,
    I don’t like her but I don’t dislike her either. I think it has to do with the fact that I’m waiting for her weak/dere/sensitive side to appear.
    Quote Quote:
    and how many times are they going to use that weapon joke?? it ws funny the first 2 episodes but it was dragged out this one.
    I agree. Recycled jokes lose their charm and are not funny anymore. I hope the next episodes will deliver some new funny stuff.

---------- Post added October 28, 2012 at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was October 22, 2012 at 09:15 PM ----------

Episode 4

Episodes like this one is the reason why I was so excited about LB getting animated. Loved this episode!

We were introduced to a new character in this episode, Kud. She is so, so, so adorable!!! Her English while not perfect is so cute. Kawaii would be the word I’d use to describe Kud. She reminds me of Fuko-chan from Clannad a great deal.

Komari, another adorable and sweet character. I like her very much. She is so positive, so cheerful, so kind…so I wasn’t expecting for the drama to come from her direction, it was a nice surprise and I’m so looking forward to her arc.

I like Komari’s theory: “Making someone else happy will make you happy”. To a certain degree, I do agree with her theory and this episode showed us Komari’s theory in action. The LB gang brought happiness to a nursing home, and in the end, everyone had a great time.

Now…the last part of the episode…Kojirou, he can’t be Komari’s older brother, I guess he is her granpa but doesn’t want to see Komari because he is afraid of reminding her of her older brother and of what happened to him…I have a feeling that Komari’s bother is dead and that he died when she was still very little…

Btw, I know this is crazy but for some strange reason… I foresee a possible Kurugaya x Masato pairing.

Looking forward to episode 5!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha. Yeah she was very cute, and the English was pretty good for an anime. I have heard some pretty terrible engrish in some series(chrome shelled regios!).

As for Komari that was the first bit of real drama we had, apart from the narcolepsy ofcourse, but when rin jumped out and went meow meow meow, it made me cringe to be honest.

I agree with your theory that her brother died when he was small. This is why they wouldn't tell her she had a brother, but would they really continue lying even when she is in high school? There is probably more to this story!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha. Yeah she was very cute, and the English was pretty good for an anime. I have heard some pretty terrible engrish in some series(chrome shelled regios!).
    True, true. In comparison, Kud’s English was very cute. You could understand what she was saying.

Quote Quote:
    but when rin jumped out and went meow meow meow, it made me cringe to be honest.
    Really? I thought it was kind of cute and also sweet because those “meows” represented the words Rin could say because of her shyness.

Quote Quote:
    but would they really continue lying even when she is in high school?
    Maybe it is one of those cases where the lie got so big that it is impossible to straight things out without causing a lot of pain when the truth is revealed? Or maybe Komari involuntarily made something that caused her brother’s death?

Quote Quote:
    There is probably more to this story!
    I agree! Another thing that I’m curious about is why that grandpa has the same name as Komari’s brother…

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Komari-chan.
    I want to see her smile, not crying in despair. x'(
    I hope Riki can cheer her up somehow.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to this thread, Skyguardian!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Poor Komari-chan.
    I want to see her smile, not crying in despair. x'(
    I agree, poor Komari-chan, seeing her cry like that broke my heart.

Quote Quote:
    I hope Riki can cheer her up somehow.
    I have a feeling that Riki and the rest of the LB gang will help bring back Komari-chan’s smile.

Episode 5

It is that perfect mixture of comedy and drama that I love in Key novels that was shown in this episode. Another great episode!

Quote Quote:
    I have a feeling that Komari’s brother is dead and that he died when she was still very little…
    My theory was right, Komari’s brother is dead and he died when Komari-chan was a little girl.

Judging from what has presented in this episode, it seems that Komari’s bother was very ill and that is why he spent a lot of time in the hospital. Maybe he had a heart condition?

I guess Komari’s brother knew that he was going to die and that was why he drew that storybook for his little sister and told her that all was a dream. Komari’s brother didn’t want for her to remember him because he knew it would be painful but at the same time he wanted her to remember him and that is why he gave him that storybook.

The most painful part of this week’s episode was Komari’s breakdown. That was so hard to watch! I still don’t know why her parents concealed the truth from her; as Riki said: "it couldn’t have been just because they didn’t want her to be sad", there must be something more…a secret, a painful secret. One thing is certain though, Komari-chan found her lost memories and now she remembers everything.

I’m enjoying the Komari arc a lot and I can’t wait to see the rest of it...although I know it’ll involve tears and sad moments.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; November 04, 2012 at 10:25 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Welcome to this thread, Skyguardian!

Thank you very much.

Finally watched episode 6 and I must say I'm still heartbroken after seeing Komari-chans empty eyes... x(
    Lots of manly tears were shad but it all went well. x)
    Really great to see how much they care for each other and even more happy to see Komari-chan finally accepted the truth and can live on.

I wonder what'll happen next? A new girl wants to join... I hope it'll be fun

One thing though... As much as I like the show I'm really annoyed by those overly colored hairstyles. I was okay with them when I was a child but now...

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Thank you very much.
    You’re very welcome! I’m looking forward to your posts in this thread!

Quote Quote:
    Finally watched episode 6 and I must say I'm still heartbroken after seeing Komari-chans empty eyes... x(
    It was a sad episode…but I was expecting it to be sadder and to last longer…

The resolution of Komari’s arc felt rushed and as a result it lost some of its impact. I was expecting for Komari-chan’s arc to be similar to Fuku-chan’s arc or Kotomi’s arc in Clannad…those arcs were very powerful, especially Kotomi’s, at least for me it was.

While on the one hand, I was glad that Komari’s problem was solved and that she was finally able to face reality, don’t run away from it and move on with a happy smile while remembering her brother with love…I don’t know, the resolution felt so rushed that the arc didn’t touch my heart as much as it could have. In fact, this episode made me wonder how KyoAni would have handled this episode.

Quote Quote:
    Lots of manly tears were shad but it all went well. x)
    Have you watched Clannad? If you haven’t then I totally recommend it to you. It is kind of similar to LB; it is hilarious and touching at the same time.

Quote Quote:
    Really great to see how much they care for each other and even more happy to see Komari-chan finally accepted the truth and can live on.
    It was very nice seeing the LB members bonding like that, especially Rin, Riki and Komari. That trio was so sweet. And I know this won’t be the canon pairing but I couldn’t help but ship Riki and Komari in this episode.

Quote Quote:
    I wonder what'll happen next? A new girl wants to join... I hope it'll be fun
    I hope for that as well.

Quote Quote:
    One thing though... As much as I like the show I'm really annoyed by those overly colored hairstyles. I was okay with them when I was a child but now...
    Tbh, they don’t bother me at all. Maybe because I’m used to weirder hairstyles. ^^

P.S. : In the end we didn’t find out what the relationship between the old man and Komari was and why he had the same name as Komari’s brother.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; November 15, 2012 at 08:12 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    It was a sad episode…but I was expecting it to be sadder and to last longer…

While on the one hand, I was glad that Komari’s problem was solved and that she was finally able to face reality, don’t run away from it and move on with a happy smile while remembering her brother with love…I don’t know, the resolution felt so rushed that the arc didn’t touch my heart as much as it could have. In fact, this episode made me wonder how KyoAni would have handled this episode.

I thought it kinda happened fast too. On the other hand I would've needed more tissues because of a sad Komari-chan. :O

Quote Quote:
    Have you watched Clannad? If you haven’t then I totally recommend it to you. It is kind of similar to LB; it is hilarious and touching at the same time.

I watched the first episode two years ago I think. It's on my PC but I watch so many weeklys I kinda never found time to do so. I'll check it out if I find some time.

Quote Quote:
    It was very nice seeing the LB members bonding like that, especially Rin, Riki and Komari. That trio was so sweet. And I know this won’t be the canon pairing but I couldn’t help but ship Riki and Komari in this episode.
    I agree. I hoped some romance would occure but oh well... There are to many girls and this show is anything but a harem story.
    What will be the canon pairing? Riki x Rin? At least it seems so to me because they share the tightest bond I guess. And he is the one who tries to help her to overcome her shyness.

Quote Quote:
    Tbh, they don’t bother me at all. Maybe because I’m used to weirder hairstyles. ^^
    You would guess after watching C³, or ZeXal for example I'd get used to it but oh well... What's most important is the story. ;D

Quote Quote:
    P.S. : In the end we didn’t find out what the relationship between the old man and Komari was and why he had the same name as Komari’s brother.
    I'd guessed he was Komaris grandfather. Did I interpret to much in it?

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast