Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Yukimura Seiichi

The results are hidden 0%
  • Fuji Shuusuke

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 1] Yukimura vs Fuji

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

[Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 1] Yukimura vs Fuji

Singles 1Yukimura SeiichiFuji Shuusuke
    TitleChild of GodProdigy
    SchoolRikkai Dai Fuzoku 3rd YearSeishun Gakuen 3rd Year
    Height175 cm167 cm
    Weight61 kg53 kg
    Dominant HandRightRight
    PlaystyleAll RounderTechnical Counter Puncher
    TechniquesYipsHouou Gaeshi
    Kirin Otoshi
    Hakuryuu
    Kagero Zutsumi
    Hecatoncheires no Monban
    Hoshi Hanabi
    Closed Eyes

Serve order: Yukimura -> Fuji

This round ends on Friday, October 12th 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 1] Yukimura vs Fuji

Yukimura crush this. Fuji just didn't have his upgrade yet. Yukimura would have beat Fuji harder than he beat Sanada at the beginning of this new series.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

child of god vs genius fuji?

i think there's an obvious winner. Unless fuji has trained to play unconsciously , there by having his mind play for his body and not physically controlling his own body there by NOT having to be effected by yips. or if he wears some superstitous japanese charm/talisman that protects him (super long shot).

I like fuji but, even a genius has his limits.

EDIT: unless fuji has a newcounter move that can injure the player in 1 shot or 1 serve like BJK, i think yuki wins. OR make a counter that doesn't allow yuki to serve over the net anymore ( as ridiculous ) as it sounds . its yukimura's win.
    Last edited by ashore; October 09, 2012 at 04:09 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Fuji will have surpassed Yuki by the end of SPoT, but Fuji hasn't even played in SPoT, and Yuki even gained Dream, so this isn't close. We already know that CE doesn't stop the onset of Yips, just prevent the blindness part, but once you lose the other senses, you're fully yipped like how Echizen was.

Avoiding speculation about how Dream works, based on what we know, Yuki gets a KO.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awwwwwwwwwww man... Fuji's out too? Urghhhhhhh

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see Fuji beating Yukimura (I hate the "I'm unbeatable" guys / teams ,etc). I see him taking some points thanks to Closed Eyes... And then Complete Yips appears and Yuki wins :/
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuji matches are always fun to watch... I'd like to see Yukimura losing a point to Hoshi Hanabi and seeing his eyes widen with the "shock" pose... before Fuji gets Yipped.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is actually an interesting one and I saw it discussed in detail elsewhere already. Basically Fuji is least susceptible to yips. Out of the 5 senses:

sight - He doesn't need it
    hearing - He doesn't need it (Kirihara tried to distract him with sounds, but had no effect)
    touch - need it
    smell - presumably irrelevent
    taste - presumably irrelevent, and he probably doesn't have it to begin with (immunity to Inui drinks)

So Fuji would lose his sense of touch, but as we see in the game against Ryoma, top players can adjust as long as they have one of the 3 major senses (Ryoma says all he needs is hearing to continue playing). Under Closed Eyes Fuji will always have sight + hearing so he is not vulnerable to the usual effects of yips. He might miss a few shots early on due to a lack of touch but he's the genius, he's got to be able to figure out how to do without one of his senses given he's managed to do with a lot less than down one sense.

But then it's not clear if Fuji can score any points off Yukimura, and immunity to yips doesn't mean he won't lose points in regular rally, so Yukimura would still win based on their record in rallying in POT. I feel Yukimura's record in rallying is a bit overrated since everyone he rallies eventually becomes unable to play tennis in normal capacity so of course he looks unstoppable from a rallying point of view, but since nobody has ever rallied him normally without TnK I guess we have to accept he's supposed to be a top rally guy.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Why do people assume yips has any effect on Fuji? He pretty much will always have vision under Closed Eyes and possibly hearing too. Ryoma only needs hearing to play tennis. Yes Fuji will lose his sense of touch but it'd just be he miss a few shots by hitting too hard, and then he'd be hitting cord balls again and people will be like:

A: "How can he possibly hit a cord ball without touch?"
    B: "That's why he's Fuji!"

Of course at that point Yukimura will pull his 'I can return anything' card so he'd still win, though I think it's a bit cheap since Yukimura's ability to return everything seems to depend on his enemy's inability to play tennis eventually, but for now he gets the win for having a reputation as someone who can return anything.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    TUnder Closed Eyes Fuji will always have sight + hearing so he is not vulnerable to the usual effects of yips.
    Uhm, no. He's just so good that he doesn't need to open his eyes to know were the ball will be, but that doesn't mean he still has his sight.

Although I have to admit, I like your "Fuji is least susceptible to yips" theory, and I agree with it...

I'm gonna change my vote now, just because Yukimura is a boring character, Fuji deserves this win.
    fapfapfap

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Uhm, no. He's just so good that he doesn't need to open his eyes to know were the ball will be, but that doesn't mean he still has his sight.

Although I have to admit, I like your "Fuji is least susceptible to yips" theory, and I agree with it...

I'm gonna change my vote now, just because Yukimura is a boring character, Fuji deserves this win.
    Fuji physically cannot see in the game against Kirihara after Kirihara hit him in the head which caused momentary blindness. He was literally blind at that point which is why it's supposed to be amazing that he can still play tennis while blind. Kirihara theorized that Fuji was using his hearing to compensate and started making loud noises, but had no effect on Fuji.

So from this we can see that Fuji does not need vision nor hearing to play tennis. Given his genius reputation it's pretty much trivial to compensate for a lack of touch. It wouldn't matter because Yukimura will just say, "Good thing I can return anything!" and Fuji has nothing to beat that.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuji physically cannot see in the game against Kirihara after Kirihara hit him in the head which caused momentary blindness. He was literally blind at that point which is why it's supposed to be amazing that he can still play tennis while blind. Kirihara theorized that Fuji was using his hearing to compensate and started making loud noises, but had no effect on Fuji.

So from this we can see that Fuji does not need vision nor hearing to play tennis. Given his genius reputation it's pretty much trivial to compensate for a lack of touch. It wouldn't matter because Yukimura will just say, "Good thing I can return anything!" and Fuji has nothing to beat that.
    Well, Shiraishi was something like that, he was inmune to counters. Then 6th counter came and Fuji was able to beat Niou! Shiraishi.

I imagine Fuji doing a new counter( I don't know, 野生のミーアキャット lol) or realising how to Yip Yukimura. He's Super Fuji.
    Last edited by Hardy; October 09, 2012 at 10:48 PM.
    fapfapfap

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Well, Shiraishi was something like that, he was inmune to counters. Then 6th counter came and Fuji was able to beat Niou! Shiraishi.

I imagine Fuji doing a new counter( I don't know, Yasei no mīakyatto lol) or realising how to Yip Yukimura. He's Super Fuji.
    I think Yukimura's 'return anything' reputation is a bit overrated since it's implied even the standard Hyakuren + Tezuka Zone was enough to give him trouble, since he says Ryoma cannot use Tezuka Zone which left Hyakuren vulnerable, and we can see that he does have difficulty returning the Hyakuren shots (ended up lobbing the ball over which set up for a smash for Ryoma). Still, his 'final boss' status gives him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to reputation.

Yukimura's ability to counter move almost seems like a joke. I imagine if faced with Duke Homerun he'd just be saying: "Tennis ball can't do that kind of damage!" and hit it back, even though in POT tennis balls clearly CAN do that kind of damage. I can see a scene like this plays out:

Fuji: "Krono's Lament!"
    Inui: "Fuji used the wind and the Force to warp the fabrics of space and time and make the ball travel to the future!"
    Random guy: "There's no way you can return that shot!"
    Yukimura: "There is no such thing as time travel because I said so!" (returns the ball)
    Fuji: "But I just invented time travel???"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*backhands Fuji and throws him out the window*

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Yukimura's 'return anything' reputation is a bit overrated since it's implied even the standard Hyakuren + Tezuka Zone was enough to give him trouble, since he says Ryoma cannot use Tezuka Zone which left Hyakuren vulnerable, and we can see that he does have difficulty returning the Hyakuren shots (ended up lobbing the ball over which set up for a smash for Ryoma). Still, his 'final boss' status gives him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to reputation.

Yukimura's ability to counter move almost seems like a joke. I imagine if faced with Duke Homerun he'd just be saying: "Tennis ball can't do that kind of damage!" and hit it back, even though in POT tennis balls clearly CAN do that kind of damage. I can see a scene like this plays out:

Fuji: "Krono's Lament!"
    Inui: "Fuji used the wind and the Force to warp the fabrics of space and time and make the ball travel to the future!"
    Random guy: "There's no way you can return that shot!"
    Yukimura: "There is no such thing as time travel because I said so!" (returns the ball)
    Fuji: "But I just invented time travel???"
    i just think yukimura has enough intelligence and technique to "SEE THROUGH" almost all special technique.

as far as not returning hyarkuren shots, yuki is fast, but no one can be at any part of the court at every instant. maybe a few.
    the point is to beat yuki, you have to have better well rounded tennis skills. incidentally hyakuren helps echizens (regular tennis skills) and his shots execute at double the speed so that yuki cant catch up to initially. but would probably eventually.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    i just think yukimura has enough intelligence and technique to "SEE THROUGH" almost all special technique.

as far as not returning hyarkuren shots, yuki is fast, but no one can be at any part of the court at every instant. maybe a few.
    the point is to beat yuki, you have to have better well rounded tennis skills. incidentally hyakuren helps echizens (regular tennis skills) and his shots execute at double the speed so that yuki cant catch up to initially. but would probably eventually.
    Well Yukimura obviously has the 'boss' status sort of like how Atobe/Sanada can hit through most lesser techs Ryoma used while in Muga as if they're nothing. At least relative to original POT it seems like he can just arbitarily see thorugh any tech so that leaves Fuji pretty screwed since Fuji is incredibly dependent on techs. In NPOT we can see that Yukimura can't just get rid of certain things like Black Aura (Sanada scored with Black Aura even with yips so the aura obviously affects Yukimura). I guess you can say Yukumura can see through all POT techs but not necessarily all NPOT techs. Problem is Fuji has no new tech in NPOT yet.

While Yukimura is one of the top rally guys there's no reason to believe he's the top, since his rally against other top rally guys ends up with his enemy getting knocked out by yips. For example in the rally against Sanada it looks pretty back and forth until yips kicked in. Ryoma had the upper hand with moveable Hyakuren aura until he got yips, even though moveable Hyakuren aura is pretty hacks too. It's implied Tezuka with just Tezuka Zone + Hyakuren aura will give Yukimura some trouble, since Yukimura said something along the lines of: "If you can't hit the ball then Hyakuren is no threat... only Tezuka can create the perfect Tezuka Zone to cover for the lack of speed". That implies Tezuka would be a threat, though Tezuka's Hyakuren is likely weaker than Ryoma's moveable version (since he can't move it), but it'd at least give Yukimura trouble. The Ryoma vs Yukimura shows that Yukimura cannot return double powered shots perfectly.

That said Fuji doesn't strike me as that great at rally due to his overdependence on techs. In the game against Shiraishi, even after he improved you can see he still depends on upgraded moves to score off Shiraishi. That is, Fuji isn't going to fight Shiraishi's Bible Tennis (which seems to be strictly rallies) head on and win without any techs.

In some sense it's a bad matchup for both because for Yukimura this is probably the only middle schooler he can't knock out with yips not counting TnK hack-like powers but for Fuji this is also a bad matchup because this is only guy all of his techs are likely to have no effect on.
    Last edited by Phantron; October 10, 2012 at 12:35 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast