Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Yukimura Seiichi

The results are hidden 0%
  • Fuji Shuusuke

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 1] Yukimura vs Fuji

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 1] Yukimura vs Fuji

its not about seeing through npot or pot techs. the black aura is speculated to give sanada a stat boost, and yips immunity. its not a technique used with a shot, like twist serve or bjk, that is used to over power the opponent or make them not return the shot.

its only speculation. also i fogot if the black aura was constant while fighting yuki, or it just turned on then off.

in short , yuki, usually sees through special moves that make it across the net with the ball

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Of course at that point Yukimura will pull his 'I can return anything' card so he'd still win, though I think it's a bit cheap since Yukimura's ability to return everything seems to depend on his enemy's inability to play tennis eventually, but for now he gets the win for having a reputation as someone who can return anything.
    BS.
    Yuki returned everything Sanada had until BA. That is an un yipped Sanada as well.
    He returned almost everything Ryoma had too.
    Yuki doesn't depend on his opponent not playing tennis. It just gives a massive advantage. Base Yuki is strong anyway.
    It's not like Sanada was ever close to taking a point off of him without BA.

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    its only speculation. also i fogot if the black aura was constant while fighting yuki, or it just turned on then off.
    It lasted for one shot. Like Ryoma VS Kintaro.

---------- Post added at 05:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I believe that Fuji will have surpassed Yuki by the end of SPoT, but Fuji hasn't even played in SPoT, a.
    Same. I see Fuji surpassing everybody until he becomes completely even with Tezuka.
    I see Tezuka and Fuji being the top at the end. (Excluding Sanada).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what a scary thought. yuki being far above sanada. his level is much higher.

also i wonder how the yuki vs tezuka match played out way back in teh memories.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Yukimura return Fifth Counter cleanly? And can he anticipate and catch Fuji's cord balls? Can he return Sixth Counter?

Just because Yukimura can see through a technique, doesn't mean that he can actually return it.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post

also i wonder how the yuki vs tezuka match played out way back in teh memories.
    Yukimura might not have Yips yet. Otherwise, we know Tezuka Zone + Hyakuren is something that can earn a point against Yukimura, so Yips might not kick in. Yips effect might be weaker back then. Who knows, really.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Yukimura might not have Yips yet. Otherwise, we know Tezuka Zone + Hyakuren is something that can earn a point against Yukimura, so Yips might not kick in. Yips effect might be weaker back then. Who knows, really.
    Why?
    TZ isn't too hard to break down for top tier players.
    Its TP that is beast.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Why?
    TZ isn't too hard to break down for top tier players.
    Its TP that is beast.
    When is TZ broken down? It's only break by Atobe's insight and Sanada special tech. Yukimura doesn't have a tech like that. Yukimura handle special shot. Tezuka Zone isn't really a special shot. And we're talking about back then. Otherwise, Hyakuren+Saiki would have beat Yukimura based on what we've seen and Yips most likely wouldn't kick in at all.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Really good match, but Fuji won't get a single game here. Yukimura will return all of Fuji's counters easily, including Hoshi Hanabi after dropping one point. Even if Fuji plays with CE, it's pretty much the same as with Fuwa, he'll get yipped quickly and Yukimura gets a really comfortable 6-0

Yukimura's base tennis>>>>>>>Fuji

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    When is TZ broken down? It's only break by Atobe's insight and Sanada special tech. Yukimura doesn't have a tech like that. Yukimura handle special shot. Tezuka Zone isn't really a special shot. And we're talking about back then. Otherwise, Hyakuren+Saiki would have beat Yukimura based on what we've seen and Yips most likely wouldn't kick in at all.
    That's only what Sanada used. He did it from the first point easily.

Really and truly Sanada just changed between drop shots and hitting it hard all over the place.

You really think Top tier players can't hit drop shots or hit it hard all over the place?
    Many top guys won't be cornered by TZ.
    TPhantom is another story.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Tezuka Zone is based off hitting special shots with sidespin actually.
    It isn't as fearful as TPhantom since the ball has to go back to Tezuka and he has to return it.
    TPhantom is scarier.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Really good match, but Fuji won't get a single game here. Yukimura will return all of Fuji's counters easily, including Hoshi Hanabi after dropping one point. Even if Fuji plays with CE, it's pretty much the same as with Fuwa, he'll get yipped quickly and Yukimura gets a really comfortable 6-0

Yukimura's base tennis>>>>>>>Fuji
    I don't think anyone can return Hoshi Hanabi yet to be honest. Like anyone.

However 5th Counter was easily returned perfectly by Niou back in PoT.
    Here in SPoT, the Top tier guys will surely handle it cleanly.

@Fuji Shusuke, returning 5th Counter perfectly shouldn't be hard with someone who has superior technique.
    This means Fuji won't get the chance to hit Hoshi Hanabi since it requires a Cord Ball.
    Cord Balls barely occur in matches anyway.

And I doubt anybody is returning Hoshi Hanabi right now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there's a difference between Kirihara distracting with noise and somebody completely taking your sight and hearing...

Needless to say, I don't think Fuji will win in this situation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think anyone can return Hoshi Hanabi yet to be honest. Like anyone.

However 5th Counter was easily returned perfectly by Niou back in PoT.
    Here in SPoT, the Top tier guys will surely handle it cleanly.

@Fuji Shusuke, returning 5th Counter perfectly shouldn't be hard with someone who has superior technique.
    This means Fuji won't get the chance to hit Hoshi Hanabi since it requires a Cord Ball.
    Cord Balls barely occur in matches anyway.

And I doubt anybody is returning Hoshi Hanabi right now.
    Why not? Hoshi Hanabi isn't invincible. For example, players like Atobe could go ahead and use his evolved insight to see where the ball is and run to the baseline and return it comfortably. Since Tezuka!Niou returned 5th counter without forcing a cord ball, Yukimura who is miles ahead would do the same and then cord ball is sealed. And even if Fuji uses it, Yukimura is fast enough to run to the baseline and return it.

God's sake, Yuki returned FuuRinKaInZanRai without dropping a sweat. Fuji won't do that never. Fuji is not on Yuki's level, I think he'll be by the end of Shin, but right now, Yukimura is levels above.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    While Yukimura is one of the top rally guys there's no reason to believe he's the top, since his rally against other top rally guys ends up with his enemy getting knocked out by yips. For example in the rally against Sanada it looks pretty back and forth until yips kicked in.
    Hey, this isn't true.
    After Sanada broke out of Yips, Yuki still took points off of him.
    So nothing says that Yuki isn't near the top in terms of rallying if you're going to go by that.

Ryoma only could take a point off of Yuki with Hyakkuren that moves around the body. Something which Tezuka couldn't do. So we can assume this appears in extremely rare cases since only the main character pulled it off.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Why not? Hoshi Hanabi isn't invincible. For example, players like Atobe could go ahead and use his evolved insight to see where the ball is and run to the baseline and return it comfortably. Since Tezuka!Niou returned 5th counter without forcing a cord ball, Yukimura who is miles ahead would do the same and then cord ball is sealed. And even if Fuji uses it, Yukimura is fast enough to run to the baseline and return it.
    Sure, but maybe the anime's exaggeration has made me think this, but... Dat crash from the sky... the way it flew into the seats of the audience... instantly...
    It was just amazing.

It's true it isn't impossible and sooner or later, the top tier guys will have to be able to return it, but it looked so amazing in the OVA's.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Can Yukimura return Fifth Counter cleanly? And can he anticipate and catch Fuji's cord balls? Can he return Sixth Counter?

Just because Yukimura can see through a technique, doesn't mean that he can actually return it.
    Based on POT? Easily, because all he has to do say is "There's no such thing as (whatever)" to return it, based on his POT appearance.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Hey, this isn't true.
    After Sanada broke out of Yips, Yuki still took points off of him.
    So nothing says that Yuki isn't near the top in terms of rallying if you're going to go by that.

Ryoma only could take a point off of Yuki with Hyakkuren that moves around the body. Something which Tezuka couldn't do. So we can assume this appears in extremely rare cases since only the main character pulled it off.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

It's not clear if Sanada scored a point when he first got the black aura or did it happen later but the score is either 3-1 or 4-1 after Sanada used Black Aura.

That said at that point Sanada clearly hasn't quite figured out how the aura works so you can't expect him to fully break out of yips. All the aura proves is that something can break out of yips (otherwise he wouldn't score a point), and that there are things Yukimura do not understand (he fears the aura). In his POT final boss status he'd just say: "That aura is useless!" and counter it, but in NPOT it shows there are techniques/buffs/whatever that Yukimura cannot just counter at will.

Prior to yips, Sanada and Yukimura are still on the first point until Sanada finally failed to return a point due to yips. Now, this shows Yukimura is one of the top rally guys but this doesn't mean he is THE top. There's no indication that, in the absence of yips, why Sanada can't keep the rally going forever. Looking at the physique presumably Sanada even has better endurance, and we also got guys who can rally for 40 minutes at once (Ryoma/Kintarou). Atobe is another classic endurance player. While there's no indication they can score a point off Yukimura, there's alos no indication Yukimura can score a point off these guys without yips. So you'd just get into an endurance match and one would have to assume that can't possibly be his strong point since he just had a major surgery and all that at least compared to the mega endurance guys.

Yukimura can't flat out hit through Tezuka Zone. Otherwise, he'd simply say: "Hyakuren aura is useless" and skip the whole Tezuka part. If he can hit through Tezuka Zone effortlessly, it'd make no difference whether it was Ryoma or Tezuka that's using the Hyakuren aura. We know from his description that the Hyakuren aura's weakness is that it slows you down since you're concentrating all your aura on your hand. If he's immune to Tezuka Zone, then you'd expect the exact same outcome if he played Tezuka compared to Ryoma. Yet Yukimura specifically said that Ryoma is not yet at the level of Tezuka, implying that the outcome would be different against Tezuka.

Now of course Yukimura as is isn't going to lose to Tezuka (national finals level) either, but Hyakuren aura + TZone = threat to him. We can see when Ryoma overcome the speed issue Hyakuren aura was giving him problem.
    Last edited by Phantron; October 10, 2012 at 08:05 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    While Yukimura is one of the top rally guys there's no reason to believe he's the top, since his rally against other top rally guys ends up with his enemy getting knocked out by yips. For example in the rally against Sanada it looks pretty back and forth until yips kicked in.
    that's what I kind of hate about yukimura.

some players he cant beat with regular rallies becuase they keep returning the ball back to him........ so he activates yips to stop them. i mean in long dragged out match yuki will probably win, but he says fck it. YIPS TIME.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, here are my thoughts to what has been said.

Black Aura is NOT A TECHNIQUE. Every single Aura/State in the entire series simply has a boost in base stats which may or may not in effect grant someone the ability to do something (ex: Saiki's boost in Mental grants them enough mind power to accurately predict shots / Hyakuren's boost in power and technique grants the ability to return shots and send them back at twice the power, etc)

Selfless State - Boost in speed and technique, decrease in stamina.
    Devil State - Boost in speed, power, and technique
    Hyakuren Aura - Boost in power and technique
    Saiki Aura - Boost in mental
    Perfection Aura - Boost in speed, power, mental, stamina, and technique
    Black Aura - Probably the same ^

As for Tezuka Zone, I do not believe just because Sanada was able to break it that Yukimura could do the same. Sanada is a tank when it comes to power. Yukimura is a full-blooded technician. Yuki does not have the power that comes out of Sanada, so I don't believe he is physically strong enough to be effective with the same method Sanada used. In fact, I think T-Zone is the one technique that would actually give Tezuka the upper hand against Yukimura. Reason being, it is deadly when paired together with Hyakuren and Saiki at the same time (excluding that whole PoP thing Tezuka has now..)

Quote Originally Posted by ashore
    Not even Airgrimes would agree with this.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast