Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Synopsis
    The school romantic comedy revolves around a second-year high school student named Sorata Kanda who lives in Sakurasou, the dormitory for problem children at Sorata's school. One day, Mashiro Shiina - a cute girl who happens to be also a cosmopolitan, brilliant artist - moves into Sakurasou.

Sorata thinks to himself that he should protect Mashiro from the weirdos at Sakurasou, but Mashiro has a surprising secret: she has no idea how to take care of herself. She gets lost if she goes out, and her room is a complete mess. Sorata's dorm mates designate him as the "master" of Mashiro, and thus, an ordinary boy and a brilliant girl must live like "a master and his pet."

(Source: ANN)

Information
    Type: TV
    Episodes: 24
    Aired: Oct 9, 2012 to ?
    Producers: J.C. Staff
    Genres: Comedy, Romance, School
    Duration: Unknown
    Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Japanese staff
    Spoiler show

Japanese cast
    Spoiler show

Japanese companies
    Spoiler show
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Episode 1

I had mixed feelings about the first episode of this anime. On the one hand, I felt a bit sad since it seems, at least so far, like J.C. Staff has invested more in this anime’s animation than on LB’s; but on the other hand, I had fun watching the first ep of this romcom.

The first episode wasn’t an extraordinary ep, but it was fun enough for me to want to check out the second episode. All the characters are likable and have their own talents and quirks. However, the character that stole the spotlight in this episode, at least for me, was Misaki. She is hilarious! It was really funny seeing her tease Kanda every chance she could. The teacher is pretty funny as well. Kanda is kind and sweet and Mashiro…it was interesting seeing a girl as pure as her, as “white” as her.

I do foresee a love triangle coming our way…mmm... I’m curious to see how it will unfold during this series.

Looking forward to the next ep.

---------- Post added October 21, 2012 at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was October 10, 2012 at 10:10 PM ----------

Episode 2

Episode 2 convinced that this series is a keeper. Why? Because amidst the hilarity and craziness of this episode there was character development and plot progression. There is more than meets the eye in Sakura no Pet and that is why I’ve decided to continue watching this series.

- Toradora and Sakura no Pet are not very similar series but there are some elements in Sakura no Pet that remind of Toradora a lot!

- Aoyama. I like her, she is nice and kind and it is extremely obvious by now that she likes Sorata. However, if she doesn’t act on her feelings soon, she is going to lose any chance she could have with Sorata…

- Misaki. She is hilarious!! I like her as well. And just like Aoyama, it is very obvious that she has strong
    feelings for Jin, I would even say that she is in love with him. Yes, she loves to tease him but behind all that teasing there are real feelings.

- Jin. The womanizer…this episode revealed a little more about him. He has an inferiority complex. Underneath all that cool-guy exterior there is a guy who feels inferior to the most important girl in his life. There were subtle hints but I do think Jin likes Misaki and maybe even loves her, but he feels he doesn’t deserve her, he feels he is not good enough for her. I think this inferiority complex is the reason why he keeps rejecting Misaki and hooking up with other women.

- Shiina. She is adorable! I like how…honest, straightforward and white (in the pure sense), she is. I also like how despite her being so amazing at painting she is trying her hardest at something she is not great (drawing manga).

- Sorata. He is a kind boy. He also has an inferiority complex. He feels he is not great at anything that he can’t excel at anything and has just accepted that as his reality but thanks to Shiina I have a feeling things will begin to change and that Sorata will realize that he is capable of great things as well.

I can’t wait to watch episode 3!

---------- Post added October 23, 2012 at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was October 21, 2012 at 04:04 PM ----------

Episode 3

Unexpectedly, this anime is rapidly becoming my favorite anime series of this current anime season. I didn’t even plan on watching this series, it wasn’t part of my list for this fall anime season, but oh…how glad I am that I decided to give this series a try!!

After watching 3 episodes, and each one getting better and better than the previous one, I’m ready to recommend this series! It is a series that has been sadly underestimated and that has all the potential to become one of the best anime series of this season.

Now getting back to the actual episode…so much happened in this episode that I don’t know where to begin, let’s begin with my favorite girl, Misaki.

Misaki: We got to see another side of her in this episode, her vulnerable side. She is the genki girl of this series; she is energetic, enthusiastic, lively, funny, so it was very hard seeing her cry and seeing her getting her heart broken like that. She is deeply in love with her childhood friend (Jin), and I have a feeling she has been in love with him for quite a while. She has done everything she could possibly do to make her feelings very clear to Jin and to win his heart, she desperately wants to be the girl standing next to him… so there is no wonder why seeing Jin and Mashiro on a “date” and then seeing them standing together in front of the hotel broke her heart into little pieces. Seeing Misaki crying and with her heart broken was so sad!!

Jin: I have no doubt that he loves Misaki, that Misaki is the most important girl in his life; so even though it wasn’t a nice thing, I do understand why he hurt Misaki on purpose. He feels he is not worthy of her, he feels he doesn’t deserve her and that she would be better off with someone who is as talented as she is. I wonder what would it take for Jin to overcome his insecurities and realize that the best thing he can do for Misaki is not push her way but open his heart to her? What would it take for Jin to finally allow himself to love Misaki?

Aoyama: Shyness and fear of rejection…I think those two are the reasons why Aoyama has lost her chance with Sorata. Now she will never know what could have happened if she had confessed her feelings to Sorata before Mashiro became part of Sorata’s life. She is a very nice girl…so I’m not looking forward to the scene where she realizes she has lost Sorata.

Sorata: Even though he is not aware of it yet, it is clear he is developing feelings for Mashiro. Mashiro is slowly but surely becoming an important part of Sorata’s life. She is the one who has helped him opened up his eyes and has pushed him (along with Jin) to face his reality, they have forced him to be brave enough to make those hard but very important decisions about his life. Among those decisions, decide whether to stay at Sakurasou or leave that place; he needs to figure out where he belongs before he can make other decisions. Btw, regardless of whether he stays at Sakurasou or not (I hope he stays!) I have a feeling Mashiro’s influence in Sorata’s life will be what helps him pursue his dream of becoming a game designer.

Mashiro: She is very focused in achieving her goal of drawing manga; what she lacks in social skills and common sense she makes up for in drive, talent and tenacity to achieve her goal. But just like her influence has been strong on Sorata’s life, I think Sorata will have a strong impact on Mashiro’s life as well. Focusing on your goals is a good thing…but that is not all there is to life…and Mashiro will gradually find that out with Sorata’s help.

I know it is a long post but this was such a good episode that I felt a short post would not do it justice. Plus, the fact that I enjoyed this series a lot inspired me to write a long post. ^_^

I can’t wait to watch the next episode!!

---------- Post added October 30, 2012 at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was October 23, 2012 at 01:15 PM ----------

Episode 4

Amazing, amazing, amazing episode!! The more I watch this series the more I like it.

So many interesting, sweet, cool, and deep things happened in this episode that I don’t know where to begin from. I guess I’m going to begin with the star of this episode, Sorata.

Sorata: I’m so glad that he decided to stay at Sakurasou. He finally realized that Sakurasou is the place where he belongs. One of the highlights of this episode was seeing Sorata overcoming his fears and deciding to work hard- to give it his very best- in order to achieve his dream of becoming a game designer. Thanks to Mashiro, Sorata’s life is no longer dark, his life is colorful now. Thanks to Mashiro, he has faced his fears, he has overcome them and now he is not afraid of fighting for his dream.

Jin: He is a playboy but I like him. Seeing Jin getting all jealous when the children were getting closer to Misaki’s breast made me smile because it was a subtle confirmation of what I already knew, that he was in love with Misaki. So you can imagine how happy I was when I heard him say that he will work hard until he is good enough (worth enough) to be standing next to Misaki. Just like Sorata, I thought that Jin's words were an obvious confession of his feelings for Misaki. I also liked how Jin played the role of an older brother to Sorata in this episode, a wiser older brother that knows when to talk (and what to say) and when to keep quiet (something that Misaki doesn’t know and that was why he had to prevent her from talking two times in this episode).

Misaki: “That one day he’ll look my way.” Oh, Misaki, don’t give up! Your wish will come true ( I hope her wish comes true very soon!!). Misaki is very child-like in many aspects, but she is very deep in other ones.

Mashiro: She is very awkward with words and actions, but boy can she express herself through her art!! Her manga conveyed all of the feelings that she couldn’t express with her words, especially her desire for Sorata to stay at Sakurasou. Her manga, the ending of her manga and her tanabata wish were very sweet and endearing, and they revealed that even though she is now aware of it yet, she is falling for Sorata. Btw, the gender bender in Mashiro’s manga was priceless!

Jin x Misaki: I’m so rooting for this pairing and I can’t wait for it to become canon!

Sorata x Mashiro: I like Aoyama, she is a very, very nice girl and she truly likes/loves Sorata, but this episode sold me on the Sorata x Mashiro pairing.

Aoyama: She really likes/loves Sorata. She was able to notice that what Sorata was saying wasn’t what he really wanted; she was saying that she wanted to leave Sakurasou but that wasn’t what he really wanted. She was able to notice it because she has been watching Sorata closely, and she has been doing it for quite some time. I like her so I really don’t want her to get her heart broken, but that is something inevitable I guess…

Ryūnosuke: I haven’t even seem him but I already like him! The advise he gave to Sorata and the way in which he helped Sorata realize that you first need to try and give it your all before giving up was great. I’m so looking forward to the episode in which we finally get to see his face.

Can Monday come sooner? I so can’t wait to watch the next episode!

---------- Post added November 06, 2012 at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was October 30, 2012 at 09:41 PM ----------

Episode 5

It was a good episode, not as funny as the others but it did a great job revealing more about Nanami as a character. Before this episode she was a kind and hardworking girl but that was it, I’m glad we got to learn more about her in this episode.

Welcome Nanami, the newest resident at Sakurasou! I think she is a nice addition to the gang and I’m looking forward to the impact she will have on Mashiro and Sorata’s relationship, I could already feel that Mashiro wasn’t all that happy about having to spend less time with Sorata because now Nanami is the one taking care of her.

Now…some of the interactions between Nanami and Sorata actually made me want to jump ships and move into the Nanami x Sorata camp, they were so adorable together. However, I still think that Nanami has already lost her chance and that Sorata won’t see her in a romatic light. Yes, Sorata does care about Nanami but I have my doubts about him caring about her as more than a dear friend.

I’m looking forward to Sorata making Nanami realize that it is not a bad thing to depend on others and that it is okay to accept help from the people that care about you.

---------- Post added November 16, 2012 at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was November 06, 2012 at 07:42 PM ----------

Episode 6

Another great episode! This episode made me like Mashiro even more!!! She is wonderful~ Mashiro and Misaki are my favorite girls in this series.

Mashiro is socially awkward in a lot of aspects but it is amazing how well and how deep she can understand a person; she was the one who really understood Nanami, she understood her better than the others members of the gang.

It was painful to see Nanami pushing herself to the limit and finally collapsing but it was very nice to see that she finally understood that it is okay to depend on others, that is okay to rely on others and that there are people who care about her.

Sorata , he is so awesome!!! It is very clear why Nanami and Mashiro have fallen in love with him.

Jin is going to go to a different college…he won’t be attending the same college as Misaki…while I’m not looking forward to Misaki’s crying face once she learns about Jin going away; I’m looking forward to see if this development will be the detonator that will help Jin x Misaki become canon.

Torajirou and Nanami’s conversation was priceless!!

I can’t wait to watch the next episode!!

---------- Post added November 21, 2012 at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was November 16, 2012 at 09:46 PM ----------

Episode 7

Episode 7 was great! I really enjoyed watching it.

The star of the episode was Nanami for me, she was so, so adorable!! While I still like Mashiro and I still root for Mashiro x Sorata, this episode finally managed to make me a fan of Nanami x Sorata. The interactions between Nanami and Sorata were so sweet and cute during this episode that I found myself rooting for this pairing and fangirling every one of their moments. This doesn’t happen to me very often, but Sakurasou has managed to make me part of two rival shipping camps.

About Sorata’s little sister, his mom and his dad…Sorata’s family is hilarious! I’m looking forward to Yuuko’s next visit to Sakurasou and to know more about Sorata’s family.

---------- Post added November 29, 2012 at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was November 21, 2012 at 09:25 PM ----------

Episode 8

Another great episode!

- Sorata’s presentation was very painful to watch ; however, I liked how Sorata became stronger after his failure at the presentation. He chose to get something good out of that experience and allowed for failure to become his teacher.

- Mashiro, she doesn’t know it yet but she has fallen in love with Sorata. It was cute to see her getting jealous. I also liked how Mashiro encouraged Sorata before his presentation and comforted Sorata after his presentation. It is so amazing how Mashiro naturally knows what to say and what to do, simple but very meaningful things, her understanding of other is incredible.

- Nanami, I was really expecting for her to do or say something to comfort Sorata but…I understand why she was hesitant about it. She was afraid of doing the wrong thing or saying the wrong thing and making things worse. About Nanami’s feelings for Sorata, before she had a crush on him but now that she is getting to know him better her crush is turning into love. Just like Mashiro, she is also falling in love with Sorata.

- The drama in this episode was great but I also loved all the hilarity that took place in this episode. Sakurasou is awesome at combining drama and comedy, awesome indeed.

---------- Post added December 06, 2012 at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was November 29, 2012 at 09:53 PM ----------

Episode 9

Another good episode!

- It seems Nanami-chan has an admirer. It was very obvious that Miyahara likes Nanami.

- Akasaka has finally shown his face!! He is very cute! But besides his looks, I like how straightforward he is. He is a cool guy.

- About Rita…I still don’t know how I feel about her…but one thing is sure she is very envious of Mashiro’s talent.

- I’m looking forward to the project/video game that the guys will be working on for the school festival.

- I really hope Mashiro stays at Sakurasou and that Sorata realizes that the only person who can make a decision about what to do with her life is Mashiro herself.

---------- Post added December 15, 2012 at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was December 06, 2012 at 10:21 PM ----------

Episode 10

- It is really sad how unappreciated this series is, such an amazing series does deserve more love from the fans.

- Another great episode! I loved how everyone was working together and doing their very best, especially Sorata. Despite not being as amazingly talented as the other members of the team, I liked how Sorata became inspired by their talent rather than being turned off by it.

- Rita. I wasn’t sure how I felt about her in the previous episodes but after this episode I can say that I don’t dislike her. Rita’s emotional break down allowed for the mask she was wearing to come off and we were finally able to see the real Rita. The break down scenes were really touching, especially the scenes of Rita and Mashiro hugging in the rain.

- Akasaka…I like how straightforward he is, although his honesty can be quite harsh. And it seems Rita has fallen for our little dragon.

Can’t wait to watch the next episode!!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; December 06, 2012 at 10:21 PM.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Got myself the first episodes... The drawing style has drawn me in.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Got myself the first episodes... The drawing style has drawn me in.
    Skyguardian!!! Seeing you in this thread makes me very happy , I’m so glad you decided to give Sakurasou a try. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have been enjoying it.

P.S. It is my favorite series of this fall season. ^_^

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Episode 11

It was another great episode.

My favorite part was Misaki’s reaction about Jin going to a different college. I thought she was going to be devastated by the news but to my surprise and relief she was encouraged by said news. After seeing how Jin turned down Fuku-chan, Misaki biggest worry was gone, so the news of Jin moving to another town didn’t affect her at all. Misaki is the best! I don’t like Jin as a guy but I like him as a character and since Misaki is so great I can’t help but ship Misaki x Jin.

Now…I know I foresaw Nanami losing to Mashiro, I know I foresaw that Sorata would fall in love with Mashiro and that the canon pairing would be Sorata x Mashiro; moreover, I don’t dislike Sorata x Mashiro but it was so hard for me to enjoy the Sorata x Mashiro moments in this episode. All the time my heart was with Nanami, she is such a great girl and I really like her so it is impossible for me not to root for her as well, but it was painfully obvious in this episode which girl Sorata’s heart belongs to.

Looking forward to the next episode!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; December 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Skyguardian!!! Seeing you in this thread makes me very happy , I’m so glad you decided to give Sakurasou a try. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have been enjoying it.
    Always nice if I can make someone happy.
    I'll start an Anime marathon because it's vacation time. x3 I'll share my thoughts as soon as I get an idea.

---------- Post added December 23, 2012 at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was December 22, 2012 at 05:55 AM ----------

Yeah I sense a Love triangle too. But I'd directly know who I would choose. Mashiro is just too cute because of her innocence.
    But really she is awesome... Asking intimate questions without hesitation... Soratas reactions are just priceless. X'D
    Furthermore her simply repeating things with that straight face... Oh the pain from laughing... X'D
    I wonder why the male lead always sees the girls naked... Magical powers?

Well Kanda is nothing compared to Yuuki Rito yet...

I'm interested to see where this is going. The style of Art is amazing.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

7 more to go.

I don't really like Aoyama... She is more like comic relief but a real love interest? N'ah... For me she wants to stand between Mashiro and Sorata but is standing far away in reality. I'm rooting for Sorata x Mashiro. It's not like other romcoms where you know how it's gonna end but you feel sorry for other girls or are rooting for another outcome.
    (I wonder whats with me though? I'm watching a lot of romcoms lately... XD)

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Yeah... the bathhouse scene... I leave that uncommented... XD
    Yuuko is a little cutie too. x3 And Misakis driving skills... Terrifying XD

---------- Post added December 24, 2012 at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was December 23, 2012 at 09:49 PM ----------

Episode 11:

Finally up to date.
    First: Akasaka in that maidoutfit... Oh god why... X'D

Jeez, Sometimes I can't decide whether this Anime is supposed to be cute or to be mature.
    And Misaki really is something else... I wish I had her spirit.

Big lol at the end... Sorata rushing to the pc and letting Mashiro fall... Priceless... XD
    But with this Nanami has lost. She never had a chance to begin with. I feel really sorry for her now, after knowning what kind of person she is.
    (Well after the last scene I lost too... No way I could ever win against her cuteness... Furthermore... Her eyes... )

Can't wait for the next episode... Mashiro has to stay!

---------- Post added December 25, 2012 at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was December 24, 2012 at 12:54 AM ----------

Episode 12:

Damn you Mashiro... Way are you so over the top adorable?
    *passes out from her cuteness*

... ...
    ... ... ...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway...

Is it just me or does any spark of hope growing inside Nanami really hurt? Because you kinda know its useless and she'll be hurt badly later on? =/
    She was plain awesome in her role though... (Even if I still can't take the produced game seriously... Well... it is kinda ridiculous... XD)
    Don't get me wrong, it is a cool project itself... But why fighting mecha-cats...?

For a second I thought Mashiro would confess... Good that Misaki jumped in and did it... Way to go. x3
    I kinda expected something like that to happen but it was still nice.

I would never want to get in a car while Miskai is driving... It would scare everything out of me... O___O

Second to last... Nanamis admirer was pushed away rather quick... Poor guy... But well Nanami will feel his pain... =/
    I wonder if she already knows Mashiro is falling for Sorata and vice versa? (Even though he may see Mashiro as a very important sisterlike friend at this moment.)

Last but of course not least... That hug ...
    But Rita you little vixen... Very well played I give you that... *g*
    And on top of that... beating the Shut-In on every single level. I'll miss her. :'(

But well... In the end Mashiro noticed she fell in love...
    Well lets see what happens next.
    A heartwarming and really awesome episode.

PS: I LOVE that ending-song...

Oh but for now you have to excuse me... Mashiros Sugar-attack landed a critical hit again... x__X
    *faints*
    Last edited by Skyguardian; December 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes me so very happy to see that you are enjoying Sakurasou as much as I’m enjoying it, Skyguardian!

Yeah I sense a Love triangle too. But I'd directly know who I would choose. Mashiro is just too cute because of her innocence.
    Just like you at the beginning of the series I was totally rooting for Mashiro, but then the more I learned about Nanami the more I liked her so I ended up rooting for both girls, which as you can guessed is pretty complicated. However, as of now my favorite girl is Nanami, that is why she is my avy. ^_^

Quote Quote:
    But really she is awesome... Asking intimate questions without hesitation... Soratas reactions are just priceless. X'D
    I agree. Sorata’s reactions is one of sources of hilarity in this series.

Quote Quote:
    I wonder why the male lead always sees the girls naked... Magical powers?
    I think it’s more like echii powers.

Quote Quote:
    Well Kanda is nothing compared to Yuuki Rito yet...
    Yuuki Rito?

Quote Quote:
    The style of Art is amazing.
    ITA. Even better than LB, that is why I agree with the fellow fans that think that JC Staff has put more effort in Sakurasou than in LB.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Quote Quote:
    I don't really like Aoyama... She is more like comic relief but a real love interest? N'ah... For me she wants to stand between Mashiro and Sorata but is standing far away in reality.
    For me is the opposite, I really like Nanami. She is a great girl and I can relate to her so that makes me like her even more. But I do agree that she won’t be the one to end up with Sorata in the end. As I said it here:

- Aoyama. I like her, she is nice and kind and it is extremely obvious by now that she likes Sorata. However, if she doesn’t act on her feelings soon, she is going to lose any chance she could have with Sorata…

Aoyama: Shyness and fear of rejection…I think those two are the reasons why Aoyama has lost her chance with Sorata. Now she will never know what could have happened if she had confessed her feelings to Sorata before Mashiro became part of Sorata’s life. She is a very nice girl…so I’m not looking forward to the scene where she realizes she has lost Sorata.
    She already lost her chance with Sorata. Sorata does care about Nanami but the one he loves is Mashiro.

Quote Quote:
    I'm rooting for Sorata x Mashiro. It's not like other romcoms where you know how it's gonna end but you feel sorry for other girls or are rooting for another outcome.
    I don’t dislike Sorata x Mashiro but since I also like Sorata x Nanami, I do feel bad knowing that Nanami will have her heart broken in the end.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Quote:
    Yeah... the bathhouse scene... I leave that uncommented... XD
    Yuuko is a little cutie too. x3 And Misakis driving skills... Terrifying XD
    The bathhouse scene was hilarious! Yuuko is very cute and she is a big brocon. ^^ About Misaki…I have no clue how she got her license.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote Quote:
    Episode 11:

Finally up to date.
    First: Akasaka in that maidoutfit... Oh god why... X'D
    Akasaka is such a bishie , and he rocks the maid costume. Btw, I really like the Rita x Akasaka pairing, they are so funny and adorable together.

Quote Quote:
    Jeez, Sometimes I can't decide whether this Anime is supposed to be cute or to be mature.
    It is supposed to be both; it is supposed to be cute, funny but dramatic, mature and insightful as well. That is why this anime reminds me of Honey and Clover, another amazing anime btw.

Quote Quote:
    And Misaki really is something else... I wish I had her spirit.
    Misaki is awesome. Jin is a very, very lucky guy.

Quote Quote:
    But with this Nanami has lost. She never had a chance to begin with. I feel really sorry for her now, after knowning what kind of person she is.
    Well...I don’t think she never had a chance…it’s more like she lost her chance. Kana has always cared for Nanami so if she would have confessed to him before Mashiro’s arrival, she might have had a chance with him. But since she didn’t confess to him, she has totally lost her chance now. And I feel really sorry for her as well, she is such an amazing girl…I’m not looking forward to the day when Kanda breaks her heart.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Episode 12 was incredible!! Episodes like this one confirms why this is my favorite series of this anime season.

Quote Quote:
    Is it just me or does any spark of hope growing inside Nanami really hurt? Because you kinda know its useless and she'll be hurt badly later on? =/
    No, it is not just you. I felt that as well. She was so glad that Kanda finally told her she looked cute (and she did! ). She was expecting those words last episode but she didn’t get them so she was very happy to receive them in this episode. And I know Sorata didn’t mean to hurt Nanami by saying those words but…as you said the fact that those words gave Nanami a glint of hope…words like that will inevitably hurt Nanami in the end.

Quote Quote:
    She was plain awesome in her role though...
    She was magnificent! She was the narrator, the main female lead and the game guide and she was wonderful in all of those roles. She will be an amazing seiyuu.

Quote Quote:
    (Even if I still can't take the produced game seriously... Well... it is kinda ridiculous... XD)
    As for me, I was totally immersed in those scenes. In fact, watching those scenes made me want to participate in an even like that. It kind of reminded me of those interactive games in Disney and Universal. ^_^

Quote Quote:
    Don't get me wrong, it is a cool project itself... But why fighting mecha-cats...?
    Well…there are some pretty weird and crazy games/anime series out there so I guess they wanted to make a bit fun of them. ^^

And did you notice that Sorata’s idol (that game designer) and the teacher had been classmates and residents of Sakurasou?

Quote Quote:
    For a second I thought Mashiro would confess... Good that Misaki jumped in and did it... Way to go. x3
    I was waiting for someone to shout something and nothing was happening so when Mashiro did it I was relieved and it was a scene that showed us how brave and wonderful Mashiro is. And tbh, I was expecting for Sorata to shout something when there wasn’t a response from the aundience, since he was the director but he is still unconfident and shy…so I do understand why Mashiro was the one the break the ice. Good job, Mashiron!

And Misaki…what a confession! Jin blushing was so cute! I’m glad Jin didn’t ignore her confession; instead of that he reassured Misaki and let her know that he wasn’t romantically interested in Fuku-chan anymore. He also gave her the necklace, although he lied a bit about it but Misaki knew the truth. And Jin putting the necklace on Misaki was so cute!! I can’t wait for these two to become canon!

Quote Quote:
    I would never want to get in a car while Miskai is driving... It would scare everything out of me... O___O
    Misaki’s driving skills are crazy…but she is awesome if you are in a hurry since she is insanely fast.

Quote Quote:
    Second to last... Nanamis admirer was pushed away rather quick... Poor guy... But well Nanami will feel his pain... =/
    I like Miyahara-kun (he seems like a good guy) and I thought he was better for Nanami than Sorata. Don’t get me wrong, Sorata is an awesome guy (I like him very much ), but he doesn’t love Nanami. On the other hand, since day one it was hinted that Miyahara-kun really liked/loved Nanami. And since Nanami and Miyahara called each other by their first name, I think they are childhood friends so Miyahara-kun has loved Nanami since a long time ago. Poor Miyahara-kun! I hope he doesn’t give up on Nanami because Nanami truly deserves a guy who loves her and Kanda isn’t that guy.

I know Nanami turning Miyahara-kun down was painful but she did was you must do in those kind of situations. If you don’t like/love that person turn him/her down right that moment instead of prolonging their agony but giving them false rays of hope.

Quote Quote:
    I wonder if she already knows Mashiro is falling for Sorata and vice versa?
    I think she knows how important they are for each other, especially how important Mashiro is to Sorata. However, her love for Sorata won’t allow her to see the truth in front of her. Btw, I thought it was very commendable how Nanami, Mashiro’s love rival, was the one who encouraged Kanda to tell Mashiro how he truly felt and try to stop Mashiro from leaving. Nanami is such an amazing girl and she truly loves Kanda…poor Nanami!!

Quote Quote:
    (Even though he may see Mashiro as a very important sisterlike friend at this moment.)
    Kanda sees Mashiro as more than a sister/friend, it’s just he is a bit slow and hasn’t realized it yet. Now Mashiro…her heart eyes have been opened and she has fully realized that she is in love with Kanda.

Quote Quote:
    Last but of course not least... That hug ...
    Since I don’t dislike Mashiro x Kanda (I don’t ship it as before but I still like it) I do agree that that hug was very adorable. Kanda poured all of his feelings for Mashiro into that hug. It was his silent confession.

Quote Quote:
    But Rita you little vixen... Very well played I give you that... *g*
    And on top of that... beating the Shut-In on every single level. I'll miss her. :'(
    Rita…I like her now and I’m sure going to miss her. I hope we see her again soon.

Quote Quote:
    PS: I LOVE that ending-song...
    I second this ^

Quote Quote:
    Oh but for now you have to excuse me... Mashiros Sugar-attack landed a critical hit again... x__X
    *faints*
    First Kudo and now Mashiro, poor Sky, you have suffered sugar overload. ^^

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes me so very happy to see that you are enjoying Sakurasou as much as I’m enjoying it, Skyguardian!
    I really do. So many likable characters. I really have to thank you for pointing it out.

Quote Quote:
    Just like you at the beginning of the series I was totally rooting for Mashiro, but then the more I learned about Nanami the more I liked her so I ended up rooting for both girls, which as you can guessed is pretty complicated. However, as of now my favorite girl is Nanami, that is why she is my avy. ^_^
    Yes may opinion about her changed rather quickly. I really like her now but I can only look at her with a sad smile everytime she blushed because of Sorata.
    She is very determined and is willed to do everything to reach her goals even if it means breaking her own body. I'd never let her go to the examination because it was irresponsible regarding her health.
    Even though I like her now, Mashiro has bewitched me at the very first minute.
    Must be because of her eyes.

Quote Quote:
    I think it’s more like echii powers.
    Quote Quote:
    Yuuki Rito?
    Echii powers... Yeah lets call it that. Especially with the guy named here. He is the male lead of To Love Ru and I contend he has the highest level of ecchi powers ever created.

Quote Quote:
    Even better than LB, that is why I agree with the fellow fans that think that JC Staff has put more effort in Sakurasou than in LB.
    Yes. The quality of animation is as great as it was with Index and Shana but I still think LB looks as it does because they wanted to stay as close as possible to the original game.

Quote Quote:
    She already lost her chance with Sorata. Sorata does care about Nanami but the one he loves is Mashiro.
    Thats what I meant with no chance to begin with. If Sorata and Mashiro never met or met later and Nanami had confessed... maybe she had succeeded in winning his heart.

Quote Quote:
    About Misaki…I have no clue how she got her license.
    I wonder about that too... o___O

Quote Quote:
    Akasaka is such a bishie , and he rocks the maid costume. Btw, I really like the Rita x Akasaka pairing, they are so funny and adorable together.
    Akasaka is a very adorable neet. He knows his stuff but is just bad with girls. I doubt he hates them... He just can't talk with them very well I suppose... He is is really like someone who I know. :O

Quote Quote:
    Misaki is awesome. Jin is a very, very lucky guy.
    On the other hand... He is a big jerk too... He loves Misaki but fails to act appropriate to his feelings. He wants her to remain pure (well I think this boat left the harbor a long time ago but oh well...) but is a big player which hurts her even more? I don't know...

Quote Quote:
    Episode 12 was incredible!! Episodes like this one confirms why this is my favorite series of this anime season.
    I agree with heart and soul.

Quote Quote:
    No, it is not just you. I felt that as well. She was so glad that Kanda finally told her she looked cute (and she did! ). She was expecting those words last episode but she didn’t get them so she was very happy to receive them in this episode.
    Well I cut Sorata some slack. He was totally tired here and it was understandable Sorata hasn't really noticed her in that maid outfit.
    But yeah she looked gorgeous as a Catgirl.

Quote Quote:
    She was magnificent! She was the narrator, the main female lead and the game guide and she was wonderful in all of those roles. She will be an amazing seiyuu.
    She could be an idol if you ask me. But I'm certain she'll reach her goal. She has everything you need.

Quote Quote:
    As for me, I was totally immersed in those scenes. In fact, watching those scenes made me want to participate in an even like that. It kind of reminded me of those interactive games in Disney and Universal. ^_^
    The concept itself is awesome, but a fighting mecha cat wasn't really something I would like.

Quote Quote:
    And did you notice that Sorata’s idol (that game designer) and the teacher had been classmates and residents of Sakurasou?
    Yes I did. I even remembered Soratas presentation in front of him which kinda showed me he wasn't really sure if this was what Sorata wanted at that point because he wasn't able to answer the question.

Quote Quote:
    I was waiting for someone to shout something and nothing was happening so when Mashiro did it I was relieved and it was a scene that showed us how brave and wonderful Mashiro is. And tbh, I was expecting for Sorata to shout something when there wasn’t a response from the aundience, since he was the director but he is still unconfident and shy…so I do understand why Mashiro was the one the break the ice. Good job, Mashiron!
    Mashiro is a great person who lacks common sense but hits the nail on the spot whenever it has to be done.

Quote Quote:
    Misaki’s driving skills are crazy…but she is awesome if you are in a hurry since she is insanely fast.
    On the other hand she leaves a path of devastation behind.

Quote Quote:
    I like Miyahara-kun (he seems like a good guy) and I thought he was better for Nanami than Sorata. Don’t get me wrong, Sorata is an awesome guy (I like him very much ), but he doesn’t love Nanami. On the other hand, since day one it was hinted that Miyahara-kun really liked/loved Nanami. And since Nanami and Miyahara called each other by their first name, I think they are childhood friends so Miyahara-kun has loved Nanami since a long time ago. Poor Miyahara-kun!
    I feel even more sorry for Miyahara because I can relate to him almost too well. ILl root for him because I really, really want him to be happy!

Quote Quote:
    I know Nanami turning Miyahara-kun down was painful but she did was you must do in those kind of situations. If you don’t like/love that person turn him/her down right that moment instead of prolonging their agony but giving them false rays of hope.
    True... But it still hurts and leaves a great hole in your heart.

Quote Quote:
    I think she knows how important they are for each other, especially how important Mashiro is to Sorata. However, her love for Sorata won’t allow her to see the truth in front of her. Btw, I thought it was very commendable how Nanami, Mashiro’s love rival, was the one who encouraged Kanda to tell Mashiro how he truly felt and try to stop Mashiro from leaving. Nanami is such an amazing girl and she truly loves Kanda…poor Nanami!!
    I wonder. Has Nanami really seen her as a love rival until now?

Quote Quote:
    Kanda sees Mashiro as more than a sister/friend, it’s just he is a bit slow and hasn’t realized it yet. Now Mashiro…her heart eyes have been opened and she has fully realized that she is in love with Kanda.
    The typical male lead so to say.
    It was so adorable to see how Mashiro realized she fell in love with Sorata.

Quote Quote:
    Rita…I like her now and I’m sure going to miss her. I hope we see her again soon.
    At first she seemed annoying but is a great girl in reality. It is mostly thanks to Akasaka she was able to open up I guess.

Quote Quote:
    First Kudo and now Mashiro, poor Sky, you have suffered sugar overload.^^
    This season really could give me diabetes.
    Thanks you very much for your sympathy Destiny.^^
    Kud-chan is really cute but more in type of a little airheaded sister.
    Mashiro on the other hand is the type of girl which really makes my heart beat faster. If only a girl like her existed... *faints again*

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really do. So many likable characters. I really have to thank you for pointing it out.
    You’re very welcome!
    Quote Quote:
    Yes may opinion about her changed rather quickly. I really like her now but I can only look at her with a sad smile everytime she blushed because of Sorata.
    Yes, I know what you mean. So now you can see what it is very complicated to root for two rival ships at the same time! But to be honest, I just want for Nanami to be happy so I wouldn’t be against a Nanami x *insert the name of a good boy other than Sorata* pairing.
    Quote Quote:
    She is very determined and is willed to do everything to reach her goals even if it means breaking her own body. I'd never let her go to the examination because it was irresponsible regarding her health.
    She is very passionate about her dream and she works very hard to achieve it…well all Sakurasou residents have this in common. ^_^
    Quote Quote:
    Even though I like her now
    Mashiro has bewitched me at the very first minute.
    Must be because of her eyes.
    Mashiro is beautiful so I do understand why she has bewitched you. And I do agree, she was enchanting eyes and sparkling Mashiro is something wonderful~
    Quote Quote:
    Echii powers... Yeah lets call it that. Especially with the guy named here. He is the male lead of To Love Ru and I contend he has the highest level of ecchi powers ever created.
    Thank you for answering my question!
    Quote Quote:
    Yes. The quality of animation is as great as it was with Index and Shana but I still think LB looks as it does because they wanted to stay as close as possible to the original game.
    I still think they could have done better with LB.
    Quote Quote:
    Thats what I meant with no chance to begin with. If Sorata and Mashiro never met or met later and Nanami had confessed... maybe she had succeeded in winning his heart.
    Ahh…I see your point now and I agree. That what makes thing even more painful because Nanami will forever wonder what could have been if she had confessed to Kanda before Mashiro entered his life.

Quote Quote:
    Akasaka is a very adorable neet. He knows his stuff but is just bad with girls. I doubt he hates them... He just can't talk with them very well I suppose... He is is really like someone who I know. :O
    Neet? Not in employment, education, or training? That kind of neet?
    Well, Akasaka’s problem is not only with girls, he is very awkward with everyone except Maid-chan. And I like how Rita is slowly but surely breaking his shell.
    Quote Quote:
    On the other hand... He is a big jerk too... He loves Misaki but fails to act appropriate to his feelings. He wants her to remain pure (well I think this boat left the harbor a long time ago but oh well...) but is a big player which hurts her even more? I don't know...
    As I said it before, I like Jin as a character not as boy. He is a bad boy but…despite all of his flaws one thing is sure…he does love Misaki. Now he loves her but he has huge problem overcoming his inferiority complex and expressing his love in a non-destructive way.
    And Misaki… left the harbor? Misaki is still a virgin…
    Quote Quote:
    Well I cut Sorata some slack. He was totally tired here and it was understandable Sorata hasn't really noticed her in that maid outfit.
    Sorata was tired but he still imagined Mashiro in that sexy cat outfit. So for me it wasn’t a matter of being tired or not, it was a matter of where Sorata’s feelings truly were.
    Quote Quote:
    But yeah she looked gorgeous as a Catgirl.
    And she looked better than in the main costume.
    Quote Quote:
    She could be an idol if you ask me. But I'm certain she'll reach her goal. She has everything you need.
    I agree, she could be an idol…but sometimes seiyuu are idols as well so I guess she is on the right path.
    Quote Quote:
    The concept itself is awesome, but a fighting mecha cat wasn't really something I would like.
    Ahh…I see your point now and yeah, fighting cats is not my things either.
    Quote Quote:
    Yes I did. I even remembered Soratas presentation in front of him which kinda showed me he wasn't really sure if this was what Sorata wanted at that point because he wasn't able to answer the question.
    I’m glad Kanda had a chance to make a better impression on his idol. I can’t wait for Sorata’s idol to visit Sakurasou!

Quote Quote:
    Mashiro is a great person who lacks common sense but hits the nail on the spot whenever it has to be done.
    I couldn’t have said it better!
    Quote Quote:
    On the other hand she leaves a path of devastation behind.
    I wonder if Misaki has car insurance? ^^
    Quote Quote:
    I feel even more sorry for Miyahara because I can relate to him almost too well. ILl root for him because I really, really want him to be happy!
    I can relate to Nanami and I want her to be happy as well…so I guess we are both rooting for Nanami x Miyahara-kun .
    Quote Quote:
    True... But it still hurts and leaves a great hole in your heart.
    True…but in hindsight, it is better for that other person to be brutally honest because by doing that they won’t make your pain bigger and break your heart even more.
    Quote Quote:
    I wonder. Has Nanami really seen her as a love rival until now?
    A little bit, just like Mashiro, Nanami has also being jealous…but Nanami is too kind and she really likes Mashiro so these factors won’t allow her to see Mashiro as a love rival.
    Quote Quote:
    It was so adorable to see how Mashiro realized she fell in love with Sorata.
    It was!
    Quote Quote:
    At first she seemed annoying but is a great girl in reality. It is mostly thanks to Akasaka she was able to open up I guess.
    Akasaka’s tough love helped Rita become a better person…another reason why I like this pairing.
    Quote Quote:
    This season really could give me diabetes.
    LOL!
    Quote Quote:
    Thanks you very much for your sympathy Destiny.^^
    You’re welcome! ^^
    Quote Quote:
    Mashiro on the other hand is the type of girl which really makes my heart beat faster. If only a girl like her existed... *faints again*
    So you are officially a Mashiro fan. ^^

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    She is very passionate about her dream and she works very hard to achieve it…well all Sakurasou residents have this in common. ^_^
    Indeed!

Quote Quote:
    Thank you for answering my question!
    You're very welcome.

Quote Quote:
    I still think they could have done better with LB.
    I do agree. After watching all of Sakurasou I had to rub my eyes while watching LB. Something felt weird.

Quote Quote:
    Ahh…I see your point now and I agree. That what makes thing even more painful because Nanami will forever wonder what could have been if she had confessed to Kanda before Mashiro entered his life.
    True true. This will be very heartbreaking... =/

Quote Quote:
    Well, Akasaka’s problem is not only with girls, he is very awkward with everyone except Maid-chan. And I like how Rita is slowly but surely breaking his shell.
    Though one of his most impressive qualities is it not to talk around stuff but tell others his opinion face to face.

Quote Quote:
    And Misaki… left the harbor? Misaki is still a virgin…
    No, no, no.
    You misunterstood me.^^I meant it regarding her actions. For example Jins birthday present... XD

Quote Quote:
    I’m glad Kanda had a chance to make a better impression on his idol. I can’t wait for Sorata’s idol to visit Sakurasou!
    This time he aced it. So I'll wonder what he'll say to Sorata.

Quote Quote:
    I wonder if Misaki has car insurance? ^^
    She should have... On the other hand... Her insurance policy should cost her a fortune... XD

Quote Quote:
    I can relate to Nanami and I want her to be happy as well…so I guess we are both rooting for Nanami x Miyahara-kun .
    Yes we do.
    Fight Miyahara-kun!

Quote Quote:
    True…but in hindsight, it is better for that other person to be brutally honest because by doing that they won’t make your pain bigger and break your heart even more.
    True.

Quote Quote:
    So you are officially a Mashiro fan. ^^
    You're very right about that.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do agree. After watching all of Sakurasou I had to rub my eyes while watching LB. Something felt weird.
    So now you understand why I think J.C. Staff is better at animating LN than VN. ^^

Quote Quote:
    Though one of his most impressive qualities is it not to talk around stuff but tell others his opinion face to face.
    He can be cruel, rude and hurtful but I do like how honest and straightforward he is. Truth can hurt sometimes but it is always the best thing, especially if it is coming from a friend.

Quote Quote:
    You misunterstood me.^^I meant it regarding her actions. For example Jins birthday present... XD
    Well…Misaki is naughtily pure. But even though she acts like that I think she is shy in other aspects…I can’t wait to see Jin confessing to her and kissing her, I can’t wait to see her reaction.

Quote Quote:
    This time he aced it. So I'll wonder what he'll say to Sorata.
    I think he’ll say something like: “Good job, Sorata! Keep working hard to make your dream come true.”

Quote Quote:

She should have... On the other hand... Her insurance policy should cost her a fortune... XD
    Yep!

Quote Quote:
    Fight Miyahara-kun!
    ITA! I really hope Miyahara-kun doesn’t give up on Nanami.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So now you understand why I think J.C. Staff is better at animating LN than VN. ^^
    It really seems that way. J.C. Staff's art is normally amazing. Sakurasou proves that yet again. Because of that I'm looking forward too the Index-movie. *.*

Quote Quote:
    He can be cruel, rude and hurtful but I do like how honest and straightforward he is. Truth can hurt sometimes but it is always the best thing, especially if it is coming from a friend.
    Indeed. I like humans like him the most because they show you the hard truth without colorful wrapping.

Quote Quote:
    Well…Misaki is naughtily pure. But even though she acts like that I think she is shy in other aspects…I can’t wait to see Jin confessing to her and kissing her, I can’t wait to see her reaction.
    She is very, very sweet but dangerous while driving...
    Jin has to make up his mind and accept that Misaki doesn't feel superior to him or rather he isn't inferior to her. They have to get together.

Quote Quote:
    I think he’ll say something like: “Good job, Sorata! Keep working hard to make your dream come true.”
    I would like it if he would ask the same question again, only this time with a straight answer from Sorata.

Quote Quote:
    ITA! I really hope Miyahara-kun doesn’t give up on Nanami.
    I agree. Otherwise Nanami would end up to be the only one at Sakurasou who is alone. :O

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jin has to make up his mind and accept that Misaki doesn't feel superior to him or rather he isn't inferior to her. They have to get together.
    Well said, Sky! ITA!
    Btw, I so want to see more of Jin’s jealous side . He is so cute when he gets jealous.

Quote Quote:
    I would like it if he would ask the same question again, only this time with a straight answer from Sorata.
    That would be nice too.

Quote Quote:
    I agree. Otherwise Nanami would end up to be the only one at Sakurasou who is alone. :O
    Sad and lonely Nanami…noooooooo, I don’t want to see that.

---------- Post added January 06, 2013 at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was December 30, 2012 at 05:05 PM ----------

Episode 13 preview is here! ^_^

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This was adorable... How I missed Mashiro-chan :3
    Seems like she wants to make a Bento for Sorata.

25. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This was adorable... How I missed Mashiro-chan :3
    Seems like she wants to make a Bento for Sorata.
    Yes, it seems she does. Maybe since she already figured out her feelings for Sorata she now wants to confess to him ASAP.

27. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it seems she does. Maybe since she already figured out her feelings for Sorata she now wants to confess to him ASAP.
    That would be beautiful.
    I really can't wait for the next episode. :3
    I need my weekly dose of sugar... aka Sakurasou.

29. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast