Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ixion Saga DT

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ixion Saga DT

Episode 9 was pretty bizarre, even by Ixion Saga standards. Enjoyable but bizarre.

It's not every day you see an anime episode where 80% is a drunken bragging contest.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Episode 9 was pretty bizarre, even by Ixion Saga standards. Enjoyable but bizarre.
    Really? I didn’t find it bizarre at all. Maybe I’m getting too used to the hilarity and craziness that is this series. ^^

Quote Quote:
    It's not every day you see an anime episode where 80% is a drunken bragging contest.
    True, true. But since there was character development ( I mean, we did get to learn a few things about the guys so …it can be taken as character development, right?) I didn’t really mind that their conversation/reunion took most of the ep.

---------- Post added December 09, 2012 at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was December 04, 2012 at 10:41 PM ----------

Episode 10

- It was another good episode.

- The volleyball game was funny and Kon’s homesickness was hilarious.

- I will never see soda, hamburger and French fries in the same way again. <_<

- I liked how everyone tried to help Kon, they do care about him. ^_^ And it was so funny the way in which they tried to help him overcome his homesickness.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

This anime is awesome. I know I said I'd drop it by the fifth episode, but I kept on watching it anyway, and after knowing that the anime staffs let the cast sing the whole OP and ED as an alternative version of the actual ones (OP one is OK. Egu did a good job working up there since I think he's the only one actually singing while the other two (Nakapon and Junjun) slide themselves in just like the actual OP. ED is pure win though. We got two actual singers in the cast (Suzu and Saiga) and one "I don't give a damn and just want to sing it my own way" (Sugita...you...>.>") so <3 ), my motivation for this soars...Right now, I think it's racing with Psycho-Pass or K for me, with K being my favorite anime in this season, which is just awesome. If I drop this, I'd be dropping almost all this season anime. XD

Episode 9 was awesome though, but now I'm curious. Is KT a manly girl or a bishounen, really? I know Saiga can pull either. She's a female seiyuu who can make her voice much deeper than many of the male seiyuu who doesn't main in the deep zone. (Junjun said it before that even when he made his voice as deep as he could already, he still lose to Saiga...and I know a lot of you know how deep the voice Junjun can make. His deepest tone is probably a little deeper than Lelouch's Zero's voice, I think) I see that Cruchyroll's t/l said he's a guy, but I'm just curious...after repeatedly watching the ending and think her arm looks much more like a girl's arm than a guy's.

*on my way to start watching episode 10*

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    This anime is awesome. I know I said I'd drop it by the fifth episode, but I kept on watching it anyway, and after knowing that the anime staffs let the cast sing the whole OP and ED as an alternative version of the actual ones (OP one is OK. Egu did a good job working up there since I think he's the only one actually singing while the other two (Nakapon and Junjun) slide themselves in just like the actual OP. ED is pure win though. We got two actual singers in the cast (Suzu and Saiga) and one "I don't give a damn and just want to sing it my own way" (Sugita...you...>.>") so <3 ), my motivation for this soars...
    Welcome back to this thread, Ju-da-su! Glad to read you haven’t dropped this anime. And I agree, the ED is pure win!

Quote Quote:
    Episode 9 was awesome though, but now I'm curious. Is KT a manly girl or a bishounen, really? I know Saiga can pull either. She's a female seiyuu who can make her voice much deeper than many of the male seiyuu who doesn't main in the deep zone. (Junjun said it before that even when he made his voice as deep as he could already, he still lose to Saiga...and I know a lot of you know how deep the voice Junjun can make. His deepest tone is probably a little deeper than Lelouch's Zero's voice, I think) I see that Cruchyroll's t/l said he's a guy, but I'm just curious...after repeatedly watching the ending and think her arm looks much more like a girl's arm than a guy's.
    This is what I wrote about the same topic:

Quote Quote:
    Episode 9

It was a very good episode!

- The best part of the episode for me was the conversation between Erec’s subordinates, those stories were hilarious. And KT is a girl!!! I thought he was a very feminine man but it seems she is a woman disguising herself as a man so she can be Erec’s subordinate and be by his side. All the guys admire ED but KT has quite the crush on him.
    I was debating whether KT was a girl or not, but after reading some comments from other fellow fans I decided to be part of the camp who thinks KT is a girl. ^^ Although…the fact that "KT" could stand for "kintama," which is slang for "testicles" really makes me wonder if I’m part of the right camp.

Quote Quote:
    *on my way to start watching episode 10*
    Episode 10 was very good as well. Looking forward to your comments about that ep.

---------- Post added December 16, 2012 at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was December 12, 2012 at 09:39 PM ----------

Episode 11

It was a very funny episode, I laughed many times during this ep…but the ending…the ending of the episode was unexpected. I wasn’t expecting for Erec to kill DT and the princess; moreover, with exception of the ending, this episode was so hilariously crazy and goofy that the part of Erec killing DT and the princess felt a bit out of place, IMHO. Mmm...I don’t think DT and the princess are really dead… they can’t be dead, right?

---------- Post added December 27, 2012 at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was December 16, 2012 at 05:11 PM ----------

Episode 12

Ep 12 was hilarious, Gustav stole the episode for me, he was so incredibly funny. However, I couldn’t fully enjoy this episode because it seems Kon and the princess really died last episode. I still have a bit of hope that they are not dead…I really hope they are alive.

---------- Post added January 06, 2013 at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was December 27, 2012 at 08:50 PM ----------

Episode 13

I love this week’s episode, it was awesomely hilarious!!

Kon and the princess are alive!! It was all a plan designed by Kon so that ED and his men would leave Kon and his group alone. His plan was pretty good, it fooled ED and his men and for a moment there I also thought they were dead. Thankfully, the gang is now complete and they’re back to their adventures.

Part of the reason why I enjoyed ep 13 so much has to do with Miranda, a new character that was introduced in this episode. She took being a tsundere to a whole new level!!! She was hilarious. Miranda is a pretty girl who appears to be all sweet and kind but her true self is very different, so much that even her family and neighbors feared her. Her daydreaming was so funny. It was hilarious how she twisted reality to fit her romantic dreams; for instance, in her dreams Kon was very shoujo-ish – a total bishonen- and completely in love with Miranda.

Miranda sure was crazy and delusional but she made me laugh so hard.

Looking forward to the next episode!!

P.S. The OP and the ED songs were priceless!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; January 06, 2013 at 03:20 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved this Miranda episode too. Probably my favorite episodes of the season so far actually.

At the begging when she was hugging her mother and her mother tried to tap out I knew it was going to be a good one and it was.
    Last edited by Jammin; January 06, 2013 at 07:23 PM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved this Miranda episode too. Probably my favorite episodes of the season so far actually.
    Ixion Saga has been pretty good lately so it is hard for me to pick a favorite episode. XS is like a rollercoaster, there have been lousy moments but when XS gets right, it really does! Miranda helped XS return with a bang!

Quote Quote:
    At the begging when she was hugging her mother and her mother tried to tap out I knew tt was going to be a good one and it was.
    That scene was funny but I started laughing when she began to greet everything outside that window.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Ixion Saga has been pretty good lately so it is hard for me to pick a favorite episode. XS is like a rollercoaster, there have been lousy moments but when XS gets right, it really does! Miranda helped XS return with a bang!
    I couldn't agree and I hope Miranda shows up again.

I'm feeling really glad this series was longer than I expected. I just assumed it would be 12 episodes but I guess it's going to be a full 24 episode season. There are so many things in rpg's to poke fun at and more often than not i think Ixion Saga has done it well. The number voice actors from Gintama and Daily Lives of High School Boys makes me pretty happy too.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    That scene was funny but I started laughing when she began to greet everything outside that window.
    That was hilarious!
    Last edited by Jammin; January 06, 2013 at 07:36 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't agree and I hope Miranda shows up again.
    Since she is now in love with Slaingren (? I don’t remember his name but he’s the big guy from the group) it would be hilarious if she were to appear in the next episode as well. ^^

Quote Quote:
    I'm feeling really glad this series was longer than I expected. I just assumed it would be 12 episodes but I guess it's going to be a full 24 episode season.
    I agree. I was expecting for this episode to be the last one, especially because ED hinted at something like that in the last episode, so I was happily surprised to find out I was wrong and that there is still more XS for us to enjoy.

Quote Quote:
    There are so many things in rpg's to poke fun at and more often than not i think Ixion Saga has done it well.
    XS is making fun of everything, from games to manga to anime to otakus, but it is doing it in a good way.

Quote Quote:
    The number voice actors from Gintama and Daily Lives of High School Boys makes me pretty happy too.
    The seiyuu in this series are all great. And awwww, DLHS, I wonder why we didn’t have a second season of that series.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...Yet another hilarious episode indeed. Poor Kon...seriously...just...poor Kon...and good job, Egu...>_<"

But I LOL'd so hard at the opening and ending. I saw some torrent track that said Ixion Sega DT OP2 and ED2, so I was like "Oh, they already got another OP and ED?", checked it out and was confused at first...since nothing had changed...until I notice that they actually made Kumi Ver + Erec Ver as OP and ED. Well...I can't really help it, since to me, those two versions are even more familiar than the old OP/ED...since those are the one I've been listening to all the time that I already saw them as the true OP/ED rather than the normal one (I did become unfamiliar with the old OP/ED immediately after I start listening to full versions of both Part B versions, after all. Had been feeling weird about them for the last couple of episodes...). No wonder why I find it to be perfectly normal. .___."

Too bad they didn't add Sugita's part though...since he ruins the crew for good...XD

PS. Seiyuus are the main reason why I start watching this in the first place, since I just can't ward my eyes off an anime that have such a great casting...and I don't think I regret over it at all as well right now, since this series is really a great seiyuu anime...XD
    Last edited by Ju-da-su; January 08, 2013 at 12:35 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 14

Another great episode!

-Pet can talk!!! I don’t know who the seiyuu behind Pet is but he/she is incredible!

-Pet and Kon’s interactions were hilarious!

- I have a feeling that the fact that Kon and the princess are alive will be find out very soon by ED and his men.

- I liked Pet before because it was all cute and cuddly but now I like it even more. Pet’s personality is priceless!

- ED’s appearance in this episode was brief but awesome, he was so funny.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; January 13, 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...IMO, ALL the seiyuus in this show are all awesome though...Like I said, they're the ones who get me into this in the first place, and even now, I think I no longer regret it, more like, I can give it the second place in comedy easily (after Gintama)

I mean, I've been saying that Egu (Kon's seiyuu) is simply amazing. I know it's something in the script, but I simply love how he always refers to otaku stuff all the time. Junjun (Marian's seiyuu) is...well, always amazing to begin with. I'm glad I finally get to see him doing female voice...Of course, Hosoyan (Pet's seiyuu) is already amazing to begin with with his squeaking sound, since I think his speaking voice in this episode is actually his usual tone. (But his Kansai-ben...XD )

Anyway, onto the episode...true, priceless down to every little detail of it. XD

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you, all the seiyuus in this series are fantastic and all of them are doing an amazing job. About Pet’s seiyuu, I have a soft spot for Kansai-ben (and also for Osaka-ben) so that made me like Pet’s voice even more!

---------- Post added February 12, 2013 at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was January 14, 2013 at 09:24 PM ----------

Episode 18

- It was a very good episode; it was incredibly hilarious and we also had a bit of plot!!!

- The rituals were so funny and Incognito’s plans to mess them up were priceless.

- I don’t know how or when it happened but…I’m beginning to like the idea of a pairing/couple involving Kon and the princess.

- And last but not least…judging by how they blushed when they were in each other’s arms…Erec x Mariandel….could be something not that impossible….although; I still don’t know how I feel about that potential pairing…

---------- Post added February 20, 2013 at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was February 12, 2013 at 08:26 PM ----------

Episode 19

Episodes like this one make me so glad that I didn’t drop this series. This episode was one of the funniest, it was awesomely hilarious!

Those karaoke scenes were priceless! And I was so glad that Erec was able to do some karaoking in the end.

All the seiyuu did a great job during this episode, but the one that caught my attention the most was Variation’s seiyuu, I didn’t know he could sing that well! I wonder what other series he has been part of…

P.S. I finally listened to the full version of the OP and now I can’t wait to read the translation of the lyrics of that song! I’m very curious about the lyrics of that song…^^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I fell behind a bit there but I'm back up to date now. I still like the show a good bit but these wedding ritual episodes have all had a hard time living up to the pure greatness of the Miranda episode. That is a tough act to follow.

I really want her to show up again.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I fell behind a bit there but I'm back up to date now.
    Glad to hear you’re all caught up now.

Quote Quote:
    I still like the show a good bit but these wedding ritual episodes have all had a hard time living up to the pure greatness of the Miranda episode. That is a tough act to follow.
    Well…the Miranda episode was priceless! It was pure hilarity! However, episode 19 was very, very good IMHO. In fact, I think it was one of the funniest episodes of this series.

Quote Quote:
    I really want her to show up again.
    While I would love for her to show up again, I have zero hope of her appearing again.

Episode 20
    That was a very peculiar and unique wedding night. ^^ That prince…well…he is crazy, hilarious but crazy.

And I’ve officially become a Kon x Escarlate fan. I know Kon is like 6 years older than her and she is like 10 but the way Kon got all jealous and protective of her was so cute. Now even though I’ve said that I’m now a Kon x Escarlate fan, I don’t want them to get together right now, I don’t ship them as a couple at the moment. What I’m saying is that I don’t dislike the idea of a possible Kon x Escarlate pairing but when Escarlate is a few years older.

A new ED appeared in this episode; one that was adorable (those chibi were so cute!!), very suggestive and very funny.

BTW after watching the preview, I can’t wait to watch the next episode!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; February 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha, that was a crazy and fun episode. Jaggruback's "hobby" was absolutely hilarious. But the funniest was the princesses reaction at the end.

Your probably right about Miranda but, I can't help but hope...

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast