Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Kai Yuujirou

    The results are hidden 0%
  • Akutagawa Jirou

    The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I view them as:

    Kai - Gimp Kite
    Tanishi - Gimp Kite at 300 lbs
    Chinen - Gimp Kite at 90 lbs and mentally disabled
    Rin - Kite with Giant Habu

    So really, Rin is the closest one to being less Kite than the rest because he has his own technique.
    The entire team is just a joke except for Kite and Hirakoba.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

    Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    He doesn't have anything, Habu's Kite technique too lol.

    Kai= Viking Horn, southpow, cap.
    Tanishi= Carioca Step, Big Bang Serve, Fat.
    Chinen= lol, Chinen.
    Hikaroba= Tachibana's fanboy, Habu, dyed Hair.

    Kite= Everything except Carioca Step, glasses, jerk.
    Hirakoba has the Ohabu though.
    And after Chinen bt Tanishi, you can't prove Chinen is weaker than either Kai nor Tanishi.
    So the latter three are all Incomplete!Kite's lol.

    ---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    The entire team is just a joke except for Kite and Hirakoba.
    Still a better team than Fudomine, Rokkaku and Yamabuki lol.

  4. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post

    Still a better team than Fudomine, Rokkaku and Yamabuki lol.
    Oh god... I hope Saeki will have some more screentime. He's my fav characters from Rokkaku. Too bad about him, really. Saeki+Fuji would be pretty fun team to watch, strength exclude.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  5. #19
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Oh god... I hope Saeki will have some more screentime. He's my fav characters from Rokkaku. Too bad about him, really. Saeki+Fuji would be pretty fun team to watch, strength exclude.
    Loved Saeki. Would have thrown in him in my fav characters had he not been weaker than Fuji Yuuta in Singles.
    Which is why I can't complain about him not coming to the camp. He wasn't even Top two in Rokkaku. Amane and Kurobane were even ahead of him.
    Such a shame that such a cool guy could suck so bad.

  6. #20
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,047
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

    While this talk about side characters is nice and all, remember that this is Kai vs Akutagawa, so something slightly more on-topic would be appreciated.

  7. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    While this talk about side characters is nice and all, remember that this is Kai vs Akutagawa, so something slightly more on-topic would be appreciated.
    Kaoz, you think Jirou could seal Viking Horn?

  8. #22
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    you think Jirou could seal Viking Horn?
    I don't think he could seal it, Kikumaru couldn't.
    But Viking Horn won't stop Jirou from taking points with MV at a slightly faster rate.

  9. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I don't think he could seal it, Kikumaru couldn't.
    But Viking Horn won't stop Jirou from taking points with MV at a slightly faster rate.
    Also, Kai's Sukuchihou won't work if Jirou aims at the corners, so then he would have to run all the way up to the net and waste stamina, that might lower the speed of Viking Horn at some point, then Jirou would be able to return it eventually.

  10. #24
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,047
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Kaoz, you think Jirou could seal Viking Horn?
    No. In fact, it might prevent him from advancing completely.

  11. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    No. In fact, it might prevent him from advancing completely.
    Then Kai could just hit Viking Horn over and over and 6-0 Jirou

  12. #26
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

    Someone please explain me what's so great in Viking Horn. I didn't understand why Kikumaru wasn't able to seal it (I thought it was just Konomi trying to make an even match).

  13. #27
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,047
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

    Viking Horn delays the time the ball is hit, so it forces the other person to take an action first. Unless they have very good court coverage, it's hard to catch up. It's kind of like Akutsu's shots, just that Kai isn't as flexible and thus more limited.

  14. #28
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Viking Horn delays the time the ball is hit, so it forces the other person to take an action first. Unless they have very good court coverage, it's hard to catch up. It's kind of like Akutsu's shots, just that Kai isn't as flexible and thus more limited.
    Can't you just wait till the ball is hit? lol

    I mean: the more time to reach the net, the better for Jirou. Delaying the hit wouldn't be so useful :/

    It's not like Akutsu shots, he was able to return almost anything and attack at the same time, he's not that limited.

  15. #29
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,047
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

    Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Can't you just wait till the ball is hit? lol

    I mean: the more time to reach the net, the better for Jirou. Delaying the hit wouldn't be so useful :/

    It's not like Akutsu shots, he was able to return almost anything and attack at the same time, he's not that limited.
    Depends on how fast you can move towards either side. If you are fast enough to catch up to the ball, you can just wait (see Kamio vs Sengoku), but if not, the ball will just go past you. Jirou doesn't have great coverage to the sides from what we know, so he'd have to decide for a side before Kai hits, leaving an opening on the other side.

    Akutsu hits after you move. Kai hits after you move. That's the similarity I was referring to. Of course Akutsu has other abilities on top of that that Kai is lacking.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #30
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Depends on how fast you can move towards either side. If you are fast enough to catch up to the ball, you can just wait (see Kamio vs Sengoku), but if not, the ball will just go past you. Jirou doesn't have great coverage to the sides from what we know, so he'd have to decide for a side before Kai hits, leaving an opening on the other side.

    Akutsu hits after you move. Kai hits after you move. That's the similarity I was referring to. Of course Akutsu has other abilities on top of that that Kai is lacking.
    Wait, but if Kai keeps spamming the Viking Horn, sooner or later Jirou would get used to it, as if it was a regular shot.

    I don't see how Kai would seal the MVs though...

    Edit: no, Jirou doesn't have great coverage, he's just 1,60 mts tall

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts