Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Kai Yuujirou

The results are hidden 0%
  • Akutagawa Jirou

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Wait, but if Kai keeps spamming the Viking Horn, sooner or later Jirou would get used to it, as if it was a regular shot.

I don't see how Kai would seal the MVs though...

Edit: no, Jirou doesn't have great coverage, he's just 1,60 mts tall
    Would he? Jirou doesn't really show great ability to adept to techniques he just met, at all. Thus he get 6-1 by Fuji. Fuji techniques is most likely a stronger tech than Viking Horn, but if Jirou doesn't show an ability to adept to new techniques before, I don't see how he should be assume to be able to adept to new techniques here.

I also don't see how Kai can't just "get used to" magic volley too. This argument is kind of dull.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Would he? Jirou doesn't really show great ability to adept to techniques he just met, at all. Thus he get 6-1 by Fuji. Fuji techniques is most likely a stronger tech than Viking Horn, but if Jirou doesn't show an ability to adept to new techniques before, I don't see how he should be assume to be able to adept to new techniques here.

I also don't see how Kai can't just "get used to" magic volley too. This argument is kind of dull.
    Well, I think we haven't seen a magic volley returned, not even 1, it's a tech that needs to be sealed. Viking Horn is just a delayed shot, if he keeps spamming it, then by the 4th or 5th game it'll look like a regular shot.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Well, I think we haven't seen a magic volley returned, not even 1, it's a tech that needs to be sealed. Viking Horn is just a delayed shot, if he keeps spamming it, then by the 4th or 5th game it'll look like a regular shot.
    Thank you. First of all, what good is shukuchiho, if Jirou can hit MV's to the side.
    Since Shukuchiho is vertical teleportation, a shot to the side is an instant point.

Secondly, nobody has returned MV. It has to be sealed by a player with a great technique or good skill.

Lastly, we know that VH isn't something that Kai can hit as freely as Jirou volleys since Kikumaru continued to get points even whilst Kai was using VH.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Lastly, we know that VH isn't something that Kai can hit as freely as Jirou volleys since Kikumaru continued to get points even whilst Kai was using VH.
    Kikumaru lost 4 straight games and only started winning points again after he used his one man doubles. Kai can hit VH from every place on the court, Jirou has to get to the net first.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Kikumaru lost 4 straight games and only started winning points again after he used his one man doubles. Kai can hit VH from every place on the court, Jirou has to get to the net first.
    Ah, my memory faileld me then.
    So Jirou can only hit MV when Kai serves. So this could go into tie-break...
    I'm unsure with Jirou now...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Ah, my memory faileld me then.
    So Jirou can only hit MV when Kai serves. So this could go into tie-break...
    I'm unsure with Jirou now...
    But MV isn't that hard to return f you think about it. Players like Hirakoba who are stronger than Kai would eventually reutrn hit and spam Habu, Jirou won't return it. Kite with his All-directions Sukuchihou would return it easily. It's a really good move MV, but against mid-high tier players, it's useless.

This could go into a tie-break, yes. Jirou will take some games and return VH at last in the last points.

Jirou can hit MV when Kai serves? How? what if he does VH and Jirou can't volley it?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kai Yuujirou: 4 votes
    Akutagawa Jirou: 9 votes

Winner: Akutagawa Jirou

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3