Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Shiraishi Kuranosuke/Kirihara Akaya

    The results are hidden 0%
  • Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri

    The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

  1. #16
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    It is implied without the score. Tezuka is in singles 3 and Fuji in singles 2. Sanada is in singles 3 and Niou is in singles 2. So Niou/Fuji> Sanada/Tezuka? Nope.
    Konomi was sort of forced to switch them around. He makes it 2 Losses 2 Wins to build up suspense to the Singles 1 match. Fuji wasn't allowed to lose again because his Semi match against Shiraishi pushed him to new heights (CE, Hoshi Hanabi) The Golden Pair also cannot lose because this is the match they've been working towards since they formed- the match that makes them the #1 Doubles Pair in Japan. (If you dont get where I'm going, that means they play Singles 2 and Doubles 1) Obvious Echizen match is obvious- Singles 1.

    Where does that leave Tezuka? Singles 3. Honestly, I think Tezuka VS Sanada right from the start was exciting and a great way to set the stage for the Finals.

    Getting back on topic, Shiraishi/Akaya pair had an easier opponent than WoK. I don't think Shiraishi/Akaya would have had gotten a close score like 7-6. So the argument of Shiraishi/Akaya being better than WoK based on their 3rd court match is (in my opinion) stupid.
    Last edited by TheShiraishi; October 10, 2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Shiraishi/Akaya WoK

  2. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Well, Shiraishi and AM!Kirihara would return Abare Dama eventually. Shiraishi has enough power to return the shot, no doubt about AM!Kirihara. Chitose without Saiki only has Kamikakushi which should be returned easily by Shiraishi and Kirihara. Wild beast Synchro might give them the upper hand but Shiraishi/Kirihara might go Synchro. Also, Shiraishi>Tachibana but in singles, Shiraishi<Chitose and AM!Akaya>Tachibana but not sure about Chitose.

    This match is a tough one to decide, altough each team has enough chances and weapons to win. It all depends if Shiraishi and Kirihara get used to Mojuu No Synchro and start a counterattack , and end up winning in the end.

    Also, Tachibana was defeated by REM!l Kirihara but didn't have Wild Aura. Kirihara dramatically improved since that time and with AM! shouldn't have any problems against Tachibana. On the other hand, the same with Chitose, since he can't use Muga, AM!Kirihara is above him. If it was singles, Chitose wins for sure, against both Shiraishi and Kirihara, Chitose is the strongest of them all in singles.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; October 10, 2012 at 02:55 PM.

  3. #18
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    So you think that Wild Aura is better than Muga (which is probably the most normal Aura in PoT)?
    I don't see how I implied this.
    I don't think that. But yeah, I didn't mention this at all lol.

  4. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,361
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by TheShiraishi View Post
    Konomi was sort of forced to switch them around. He makes it 2 Losses 2 Wins to build up suspense to the Singles 1 match. Fuji wasn't allowed to lose again because his Semi match against Shiraishi pushed him to new heights (CE, Hoshi Hanabi) The Golden Pair also cannot lose because this is the match they've been working towards since they formed- the match that makes them the #1 Doubles Pair in Japan. (If you dont get where I'm going, that means they play Singles 2 and Doubles 1) Obvious Echizen match is obvious- Singles 1.

    Where does that leave Tezuka? Singles 3. Honestly, I think Tezuka VS Sanada right from the start was exciting and a great way to set the stage for the Finals.

    Getting back on topic, Shiraishi/Akaya pair had an easier opponent than WoK. I don't think Shiraishi/Akaya would have had gotten a close score like 7-6. So the argument of Shiraishi/Akaya being better than WoK based on their 3rd court match is (in my opinion) stupid.
    Is it stupid? I don't think so. It looks like Doubles 2 score would have been 6-0 for court 3 if Shiraishi/Kirihara didn't get their upgrade. And I'm pretty sure people's comment (Shiraishi >Tachibana/Chitose> Kirihara) is based on PoT1. In the other word, WoK would have also get 6-0 by 3rd court doubles 2 without wild beast syncho.

    It's like saying Atobe>Tezuka because of their position in that match. It doesn't make sense to me.

    To me, their opponents in doubles 1 IS indeed stronger than doubles 2, but ONLY with syncho.

    Here's how it look to me

    3rd court 6-0 Kirihara/Shiraishi without upgrade
    Kirihara/Shiraishi 6-0 3rd court with upgrade

    3rd court 7/6 or 6/7 WoK without beast syncho or syncho
    3rd court 6-0 WoK with syncho
    3rd court 7-6 WoK with syncho and beast syncho

    Look at first two line. I'll put evidence too, since I don't want to reply with evidence later.

    3rd court 6-0 Kirihara/Shiraishi without upgrade
    (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...03/c032/4.html)
    3rd court 7/6 or 6/7 WoK without beast syncho or syncho
    (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...04/c038/3.html)

    That implies that doubles 2>>>>doubles 1 without syncho. I don't doubt that doubles 1 is stronger than doubles 2 with syncho. But even then, I'm not too sure about the gap.
    Last edited by -Ken-; October 10, 2012 at 05:35 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  5. #20
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    In the other word, WoK would have also get 6-0 by 3rd court doubles 2 without wild beast syncho.
    Extreme exaggeration. Shiraishi/Akaya are a new pair, since WoK are specialists it wouldn't have been one sided. In fact, WoK would have won.
    Since with Wild Beast Synchro, it could have only lasted a few points, going by the last time we saw natural synchro activated for the first time.
    To support this theory, when we see WoK lose, the two of them are not in Synchro.
    And apparently it appeared right at the end. (Synchro appears in pinces, and GP's synchro appeared at the end too).


    It's like saying Atobe>Tezuka because of their position in that match. It doesn't make sense to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    3rd court 7/6 or 6/7 WoK without beast syncho or syncho
    3rd court 6-0 WoK with syncho
    3rd court 7-6 WoK with syncho and beast syncho
    WoK couldn't have used SYnchro for long so how can you make such a theory. It appeared at the end, and we never even saw it.

  6. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,361
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    WoK couldn't have used SYnchro for long so how can you make such a theory. It appeared at the end, and we never even saw it.
    So Ryoma had PoW and PoHW and he control it perfectly during his last match that he need to use it and people were saying that he probably can't use it anymore.

    WoK use beast syncho and most likely can't even control it if what you say is true and people are assuming that they can use it for this match? That's really really bull.

    Potential in next match? WoK is probably higher. But seeing how Echizen lost his match, I'm guessing that people aren't taking future match that Echizen is going to have against a position higher than 5th for sure into account. So I don't see why WoK should get this either.
    Last edited by -Ken-; October 10, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  7. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Shirahi/Tachibana/Chitose are all roughly equal. Kirihara is weaker than all 3 but he has more room to grow. But since Tachibana/Chitose potentially can do synchro, that'd mean Kirihara probably need something like Devil + Angel form at the same time to overcome that. That said it'd not surprise me in any way if he can do both forms at the same time, so I'm not going to vote on this. It basically boils down to how much potentialy you think Kirihara has. I don't see just Devil or Angel form being enough, but he's clearly capable of even more transformations.

  8. #23
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

    good thing kirihara dont got muga, not sure if it would make a difference? RAI?

  9. #24
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I don't see how I implied this.
    I don't think that. But yeah, I didn't mention this at all lol.
    That just because it has "wild" in front of it doesn't mean it's better. It could be worse than regular synchro, and we don't know if they can use it whenever they want.

    WoK lost to a 3rd court doubles pair that only had Synchro. ONLY THAT, not even good stats. GP at least has formations, Moon Volley, Seal Step, etc... That means GP>>> that pair.
    So, if Kirihara/Shiraishi WON AGAINST GP (at least in this tournament) how in hell is WoK supossed to win this?

    Yes, WoK was Doubles 1 and Shiraishi/Kirihara were doubles 2... SO? WoK was already a pair, of course they were going to be doubles 1, no one knew if Kirihara/Shiraishi was a good pair (but it was).

    Quote Originally Posted by TheShiraishi View Post
    Getting back on topic, Shiraishi/Akaya pair had an easier opponent than WoK. I don't think Shiraishi/Akaya would have had gotten a close score like 7-6. So the argument of Shiraishi/Akaya being better than WoK based on their 3rd court match is (in my opinion) stupid.
    Come on man, you are TheShiraishi, you have to defend your character even with stupid arguments lol
    Last edited by Hardy; October 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM.

  10. #25
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

    I still think WoK wins because their base stats are pretty high and they have Synchro as well.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  11. #26
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    good thing kirihara dont got muga, not sure if it would make a difference? RAI?
    It's implied Devil Form > Muga since he's got all the supposed experts on Muga on his team, but they still convinced to go the Devil Form instead. It's not clear to me why this is true, but presumably Yukimura and Sanada both thought it was a good idea.

  12. #27
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    But since Tachibana/Chitose potentially can do synchro, that'd mean Kirihara probably need something like Devil + Angel form at the same time to overcome that.
    Kirihara's final form in the team shuffle was Sane Devil Mode, which is basically Devil Mode without him going insane. I think that's what you're referring to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    WoK lost to a 3rd court doubles pair that only had Synchro. ONLY THAT, not even good stats.
    We didn't see their sheets, so you have nothing to base this statement on.

  13. #28
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    So Ryoma had PoW and PoHW and he control it perfectly during his last match that he need to use it and people were saying that he probably can't use it anymore.
    Difference is, nobody else has done what he did. Getting everything in one match.
    At the same time, I wanted to count Ryoma's Muga abilities and I was one of the guys who said Ryoma would bt Oni. Since he would.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    WoK use beast syncho and most likely can't even control it if what you say is true and people are assuming that they can use it for this match? That's really really bull.
    Well, my reasoning is different from others. Going by the last Natural Synchro users being GP, who got Synchro for a few points right towards the end of the match but couldn't control it, were able to control it like... 5 days later in the Finals.

    So with about 7days since the Team Shuffle, where WoK just like GP got Wild Synchro towards the end for what had to have been for only a few points since when we see them at the end, they were not in Synchro, I don't think its impossible that they could use this Synchro.
    However I haven't seen anybody else say what I have said so I don't know what they are going by.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Potential in next match? WoK is probably higher. But seeing how Echizen lost his match, I'm guessing that people aren't taking future match that Echizen is going to have against a position higher than 5th for sure into account. So I don't see why WoK should get this either.
    This I do agree with.
    It was total bs that people suddenly said Ryoma can lose again, but for WoK they are saying they won't lose again.

  14. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Kirihara's final form in the team shuffle was Sane Devil Mode, which is basically Devil Mode without him going insane. I think that's what you're referring to?



    We didn't see their sheets, so you have nothing to base this statement on.
    Nah I mean like he might have yet another upgrade like "He can be Devil + Angel at the same time!"

    Based on his displayed abilities I don't see how Kirihara can be a match for the base stats of WoK and since WoK also has synchro, he'd be the weak link in this match, but even Fuji is impressed by his transformation so I think it's pretty likely he invents another new random transformation in the middle of a game.

  15. #30
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Shiriaishi Kuranosuke/Kirihara Akaya: 2 votes
    Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri: 8 votes

    Winner: Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts