Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Berserk 331 Chapter Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 331 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post
    aaaaahhhhh

Isma staying.......excellent (...)
    Yeah, the orphanage grows yet again, awesome . We now have Isidoro, Puck, this other elf, Shierke, Isma, Casca's kid and Casca herself. Real dark fantasy here...

Berserk has become shit. Even Claymore, which has also become much worse than during it's best times isn't as bad. I wouldn't be surprised if that elf king would give him some magic sword (he has a magic armour already so all he needs now is a weapon that would use it's full potential). Heck, it may even combine with an armour we would have Guttsan Wing. Shierke would be the final combo being on his back and create a special hump-cabin from where she would control this bio-mecha. Mark my words.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Catalonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Yeah, the orphanage grows yet again, awesome . We now have Isidoro, Puck, this other elf, Shierke, Isma, Casca's kid and Casca herself. Real dark fantasy here...

Berserk has become shit. Even Claymore, which has also become much worse than during it's best times isn't as bad. I wouldn't be surprised if that elf king would give him some magic sword (he has a magic armour already so all he needs now is a weapon that would use it's full potential). Heck, it may even combine with an armour we would have Guttsan Wing. Shierke would be the final combo being on his back and create a special hump-cabin from where she would control this bio-mecha. Mark my words.
    Yes and no, the great of Berserk is that is capable to show chibi-kawaii-elfs watching how a troll rapes women while the protagonist is covered in blood and body parts. Is just all the spectre of light and dark, also with a lot of greys in the middle.

A complete universe.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 331 Chapter Discussion

Why are they going to elf island?

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judau Ashta View Post
    Why are they going to elf island?
    To cure Caska, since she was mentally hurt after the incidents of the Eclipse. The Elf King might be able to cure her.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post

Behelit, Behelit.
    Look, if Guts didn't have that Behelit with him, I would say : yeah
    But, he still have it, which means what ? It means that the group that is with him now is DEAR to him, which lead to what ? A possible sacrifice maybe or something along the lines... And also, I like Berserk the moment Isidro and others joined, why ? It gives diversity : The focus is on Guts yes, but we got other interesting characters too, if it was Guts just repeating the same cycle (aka killing and killing and killing), the story would be boring, because we already learned everything there's to learn about Guts, nothing is left, we know his backstory, Caska's backstory, Rickert, Griffith etc

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Behelit, Behelit.
    Look, if Guts didn't have that Behelit with him, I would say : yeah
    But, he still have it, which means what ? It means that the group that is with him now is DEAR to him, which lead to what ? A possible sacrifice maybe or something along the lines... And also, I like Berserk the moment Isidro and others joined, why ? It gives diversity : The focus is on Guts yes, but we got other interesting characters too, if it was Guts just repeating the same cycle (aka killing and killing and killing), the story would be boring, because we already learned everything there's to learn about Guts, nothing is left, we know his backstory, Caska's backstory, Rickert, Griffith etc
    Agreed, it was shown a long time ago how his new comrades reminded him of his old comrades that had been sacrificed by Griffith. Even though he was reluctant to obtain a new group of comrades to rely on he's been able to get past that however he still is fearful of something bad happening to them. However the other reality of the situation is Guts would have died long ago if he did not begin to rely on others again, if he never met the young witch, allied himself with other people he would have never obtained the Berserk armor nor would he have ever managed to find a boat to make their journey to the elf island.

Also have to consider that if it was just him and Caska he would have died even earlier if he was always having to keep an eye on her, or killed himself had she died, or submitted to the berserk armor if it was given to him, or attempted to attack Griffith head on not caring whether he would win or lose. The path the manga is taking is very interesting, cause right now a number of things can happen, she could regain her memory, Guts could sacrifice all his comrades, she could continue to repress them, causing Guts to fall into a hopeless situation since he's unable to get what he really wants, which could cause him to have the armor consume him and attack Griffith head on.

Though even attacking Griffith head-on is careless since based on the current actions he's seen more as a savior of the people, which would only further depict Guts as an antagonist towards the "god" Griffith. Hopefully they do reach Elf Island soon though it would appear something may occur ith the moon first before the elf island appears, or perhaps the vine of the moon itself is involved with the location of elf island if Shierke's hypothesis that the black hair childed is from elf island is true, though as readers we do believe it's just the child of Guts/Caska, it's still interesting to see how she adds in a hypothesis like that.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member verseatyle's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcnmanga View Post
    Online manga reader for this chapter: http://www.mangareader.net/berserk/331

As a side note, now Guts CAN SEE THE CHANNELS of the moon, and I think that nor Shierke nor Farneze can!! Is this the result of endure a battle with a god? Has trascended another layer?

PD: Has Nosferatu Zodd (silhouette of Zodd?: http://www.mangareader.net/96-1148-4...hapter-28.html ) some kind of knowledge/spy mission about all this? Sure Griffith suspects something.
    I like these points cause I thought the same thing... but could the fact that he can see the channels just a product of worlds merging? I'm not sure but just a thought. That link which showed the panel above Shierke talk about the Fairy King is something since part of the cliff resembles Zodd's horn. Wonder if a spy mission is in effect since Griffith pretty much rules the world now, losing Zodd's presence is not a big deal. Miura is a genius.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Maybe its because he is the only human who has been between the Interstice every night, I think Skull Knight she that is a power for him and curse. Or maybe it could be cause he could sense his child's energy without realizing it, after all his child followed him around alot.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Friday's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcnmanga View Post
    As a side note, now Guts CAN SEE THE CHANNELS of the moon, and I think that nor Shierke nor Farneze can!! Is this the result of endure a battle with a god? Has trascended another layer?
    Quote Originally Posted by verseatyle View Post
    but could the fact that he can see the channels just a product of worlds merging?
    if you two are talking about on page 19 and Guts say "This is worrying, Im seeing branches reaching across the moon"

and we see in the next 2 pages, I call it: Wind Currents

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I think those are the hidden roads where the space-time elfs travel through.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If this kid is not one and the same with the deformed child that appeared previously in the series we can still assume that the deformed one IS Guts/Caska/Griffiths child, or whatever it is. But for that to be true we have to see the deformed again, to note that this new one is not his advanced state or something, as it was theorized.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3