Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 177 Discussion

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Beelzebub Chapter 177 Discussion

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Beelzebub.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member •Sasuke•'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 177 Spoiler Thread

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay.. i had my doubts after seeing Chapter 176 .. but after seeing the this weeks spoiler pics.. is baby Beel's nose is detachable.. i always thought that his nose is big & round (hahahhaaa.. looks lke Buggy will be pissed if he hears this ..) ??

EDIT : Aoi is cutee in glasses.. another thing i noticed is the author is portraying the characters long & very thin like anorexic.. especialy noticed in the spread 2 chapters back..
    Last edited by phoenixmarco; October 17, 2012 at 03:54 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing that looked like his nose was actually his pacifier/dummy.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is the first time I actually predicted the first half of the chapter.

Except for the color page, that's really cute, actually! I like how all the demons have the same cape thing. Aoi's outfit is kind of quirky, but I really like Yuka. She totally fits being a mummy.

Well, these are just the Chinese scans, but from what I gather, there is some kind of Christmas show? OR, its a Secret Santa, which is also really popular thing to do. Maybe Aoi will get Oga for a SS and won't know what to give him? And hey, because its my prediction, maybe she'll end up getting a gift from Oga, because she was his Secret Santa.

Its funny how Aoi's hair is completely different, but all she has to do is put on those glasses and she's Aoi Kunie. And Amnesiac!Hilda believes her! I'm guessing its quite convincing, just like Clark Kent and Superman.

The one thing I really didn't like about this chapter (and again, I'm not able to read how funny/nonfunny it was) was the total lack of Furuichi. I think its quite a bit of whiplash to go from the previous arc to this one without him being it. And we didn't even have a panel (or it looks like we didn't) why Furuichi isn't at school in the last pages. I guess the fight with Oga was too much for him to come back straight away? I know, there have been other chapters when Furuichi isn't around. Chapter 156, 139, 111, the Hecadoth fight, Oga training in the mountains, Oga training with Ikaruga Suiten, all that is fine. But in this case, I'm not sure how much I can enjoy the chapter when it feels a bit contradictory compared to the last arc. Its not like Furuichi has disappeared or been put on the bus, I know he'll probably show up in the next chapter. But it really did feel the chapter was missing something with him not in it. Its like he's not needed for the arc (then again, we went from having an arc about Himekawa to Himekawa being totally sidelined by Furuichi, so its not like the author hasn't done this before).

However, I can understand why Tamura didn't draw him in. For this mini arc to be about the Hilda-Oga-Kunieda love triangle, Furuichi really can't have a place in that, because it actually shouldn't concern him anyway. Unless this was a love rectangle and we didn't know about it! But still, I've always thought that if Furuichi wasn't around, maybe we would get more love-triangle shenanigans because without him, Oga IS closest to Kunieda and Hilda. If you were invited to a party where you're best friend shows up, how inclined would you be to meet new people? Its actually really plausible for the story. Its unsatisfing to me, but if that's what Tamura wanted to go for, so be it. Like I said in the previous chapter discussion thread, Christmas is actually quite a romantic holiday in Japan, so Tamura probably wanted to draw a romantic story.

I've remembered something else as well, but I'll save that for when the chapter is out.
    Last edited by Teeba; October 17, 2012 at 07:39 PM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps Furuichi is attempting to get a Christmas date that doesn't end in Oga crashing it, whereupon the surrounding area becomes a battlefield. This has been shown to have happened at least for three years in one of the Christmas Shounen Jump issues (Red pages?) It's a shame I can't find it again.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Oh wow really? There's an omake about that?! Oh man, you are going to have to tell me what its about because the chances of us getting that omake is close to zero.

And well, yeah, Lamia is probably still at Furuichi's place, nursing him back to health. Good for Furuichi to not get involved in Oga's mess, if he can land a date then that's a big step! But it would have been better to say that in the story, for me personally.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member oddlucks's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

That has totally been mislabeled. That is the raw for Cross Manage, not Beelzebub.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the chapter is out.

Spoiler show

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kanzaki is a glorious troll.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waveblade View Post
    Kanzaki is a glorious troll.
    it amazes me how simple things like these can make me lose my shit to the point I need to stuff my face in a pillow to keep quiet. but I think in the end the greater troll may be tojo cluase.

Ah Aoi Kuni long time no see! I'm glad Ryuhei sensei didn't forget about that it can acctually lead to some funny shit and here it did.

I pretty much loved this chapter, a great step up and continuation from last week, and I was (sort of) right, ANOTHER COMEDY DRIVEN ARC HAS APPEARED! I love it when the jokes drive the story for us, it makes it so much more fun and unpredicable, and thats the major thing I love about Beelzebub.

Tojo x Shizuka FTW
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm normally not a huge fan for Christmas-y stuff but this is so awesome.

I loved how it continued the using one hilarious scene just lead your right smack into the next one. And there are so many great ingredients in play here. Enraged Futaba, Santa Tojo, Adorable Hilda, jealous Aoi, and the icing on the cake is the couples battle to meet the real Santa Claus. And we all know Furuichi is going to get somehow involved.

When this all comes together it's going to amazing!
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 177 Discussion/178 Predictions

MH Community Awards 2012 are back with Voting Round 1 . In this round, you get to vote for the nominations from the first phase. Being a part of this wonderful community, we expect maximum participation from your end.

Thanks.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 177 Discussion/178 Predictions

So who do you think will enter together? And what do you think the couple will have to do to win?

Possible contestants: Oga & Hilda, Oga & Kunieda, Kanzaki & Yuuka, Furuichi & Lamia, Furuichi & Nene (if that comment last chapter is anything to go by), Kazuya & Azusa, and finally, Himekawa & Kugeyama. I left out Shizuka and Toujou because she said she couldn't participate (I think?).

However, I'm not entirely sure if Lamia and Kugeyama will be allowed to participate, since they aren't St. Ishiyama students (yet).

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast