Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner StarPirate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

Hmmm too bad we don't know just how many #1 there's been, we cant even be for sure sure a top 8 #1 killed her. All i know is that Roxy would have fixated on anyone half way interesting, and she dint awakened before, so im sure she dint see it coming, so she either croaked on accident... or there's a bigger deceptive girl out there.

I hope octavia killed her, shes pretty and i like her AB look.

And im sure she'd make one evil witch to deal with.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StarPirate View Post
    Hmmm too bad we don't know just how many #1 there's been, we cant even be for sure sure a top 8 #1 killed her. All i know is that Roxy would have fixated on anyone half way interesting, and she dint awakened before, so im sure she dint see it coming, so she either croaked on accident... or there's a bigger deceptive girl out there.

I hope octavia killed her, shes pretty and i like her AB look.

And im sure she'd make one evil witch to deal with.
    I thought Octavia was older than Roxanne... and I can´t see why that would happen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    I thought Octavia was older than Roxanne... and I can´t see why that would happen.
    yeah i always thought Octavia was from one of the early generations like around Rifuls era or around it.

but then again we dont even know how long ago Roxanne was alive(had to be long enough that the island was filled with Awakened beings already)

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

judging by the way the Org referred to her "who was troublesome/hard to handle" makes me think she did not go out so nicely.
    but then again for all we know Roxanne could have gave herself up to be killed when she was getting close to her limit.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG I just have to write this or I will explode.. Roxanne has to live!!!!!!!! Now I can calm in peace...

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Number A's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

@littleangel. I can help with that. Go sing this song as loudly as you can (with particular emphasis on the chorus) until you feel better.

Are any of you familiar with Godwin's law? Go follow the link and read about it and when you get back you'll notice that there's a Mangahelpers-Claymore-forum variant which holds that every thread will eventually end up discussing Roxanne. A character who got less than half the screentime in the nine chapters she was around for has kept the fandom in thrall for the best part of two years. That's AMAZING. Mad props to Yagi for his phenomenal character creation skills.

The thing that gets me though is the focus on Roxanne coming back. I wouldn't mind if she did (she is very interesting) but I just can't see why it would happen. Don't confuse 'how' and 'why'. I've been lurking for a while and seen plenty of theories as to how she might have survived her battle with Cassandra. Thus far, no one has shown why her return would make narrative sense.

To me, it doesn't. If you look at what we know about her story, it's very tidy as-is. We had someone who started low but who, thanks to an ability to leech off people she's obsessed with, was able to parasitise/manipulate/seduce her way to the top. We don't know how she first died, but her second death happened when Cassandra was able to exploit this tendency such that Roxanne completely lost her shit and couldn't fight in a way that would have brought her victory. Pure poetic justice. It works well from the Cassandra perspective as well: Roxanne lured her to destruction by gruesomely murdering her most precious person; she kills Roxanne by attacking her hatred of 'ugly' things and desire to climb the ranks. It's tidy, it's complete, it doesn't need anything else to happen.

As for why Cassandra is still around, my impression is that it's because they need a huge amount of extra power to throw at Priscilla. I'd be surprised if she survives the next chapter.

Of course, all of this is pure speculation. Yagi is a damn fine storyteller and if he does bring Roxanne back I'm sure he'll do it in a way that adds some interesting extra level to her that I've failed to pick up on. Until that happens, I will remain convinced she's dead.
    Last edited by Number A; January 30, 2014 at 07:47 AM.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

She could be brought back to stop the Ghosts from perusing prissy if she really dose flee.

Hard to go after her when you are fighting an abyssal who is psychotic and un able to be reasoned with.

on top of that Roxannes past is a mystery for all we know she has some unknown connection to someone in the story.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Number A@
    :A "Why?"
    Well, depending on the outcome off the next chapter, I might have a reason why to the return of Roxanne...
    I have to wait though...
    But one could be that she let´s Cassandra be eaten by Priscilla, hi-jacks Priscilla´s mind and making her body sluggish in the power struggle between the two wills and slowing the One-Horned down enough for the killing strike to be made and exhaust her energy... and that struggle might end in that Priscilla, in a attempt of depraving herself from this yoki invader, forces the infected parts of her in the swordarm, chops it off and destroys it while she gets forced to fight without her trustworthy sword against whoever is left...

Oh, by the way, how big are the odds that we will see Claire´s sword break from one of Priscilla´s attacks?
    I think we will see that in this fight.
    Once Priscilla is using her true full potential, she will catch Claire´s sword before a killing blow, and splinter it in her hand.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    yeah i always thought Octavia was from one of the early generations like around Rifuls era or around it.

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------
    for all we know Roxanne could have gave herself up to be killed when she was getting close to her limit.
    Man i would love to know who was 2 when Rifful was #1.

About Roxanne giving herself up... It reminded me of that scene of TDWP where Andy was talking to Nigel and she was like "yes, and then she explained every detail about her decision making process and then we gabbed about American idol..." Id sooner see Roxanne in Rifulls "Fun-geon" with facepaint and saying "Why soooo SEeee-rious?"

Roxanne was the old gens version of clare, and Clare's oddly is similar to her: Both leach others powers in different ways, and are very different people who can control yoki, and are kinda selfish in different ways. Roxanne today is like "Facebook?" and clare already has 6 friends there, so we already have that position filled, thanks, we'll call, you dont call us.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Number A View Post
    Are any of you familiar with Godwin's law? Go follow the link and read about it and when you get back you'll notice that there's a Mangahelpers-Claymore-forum variant which holds that every thread will eventually end up discussing Roxanne.
    It used to be like that for Teresa vs Priscilla.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

For how she died first time.. My theory is that she committed suicide.. That would be a crazy plot twist.. We never heard of such a thing especially that if she never was close to awaken she just killed herself for her own crazy thoughts.. Maybe this will explain why she never fought full power vs Cassandra and why she was so accepting to her death.. Like she never screamed like Agatha or had regrets like Isley and Riful(true death before infection)..

About Teresa vs Priscilla.. We still have this even now.. But at least we all now agree that Teresa is stronger..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Number A's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

@number12michael. They've already got one abyssal who can't be reasoned with (incidentally, that scene suggests that even Yagi himself is not exempt from the Roxanne Regulation). Why would they need another? I suppose past could be a thing but that would be introducing a whole new thread at a time when it looks like the story is wrapping up.

@StarPirate. It isn't particularly exciting, I know, but I see no reason why Roxanne, who is very pragmatic when her buttons aren't being pushed, wouldn't turn herself in if she felt she was nearing her limit. Warriors in general seem to take not awakening very seriously (a responsibility which weighs more heavily on the very powerful) and I don't think she's the kind of crazy which would break that.

@leroid. Well, if when they fought as warriors is anything to go by, Priscilla has more yoki but Teresa is better at the head game so I guess it would depend on external factors. . . O_O OMG this could go on forever.

@littleangel. DUDE! That's my theory too! There's nothing really to support it, but I could see Roxanne harbouring a great deal of self-loathing. Once she made number one there wouldn't be anything (or anyone) to distract her from it and suicide (or at least the reckless, self-destructive fighting which for warriors counts as suicide) isn't a stretch. Alternatively she just died during a hunt in a really anticlimactic and boring way.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Number A View Post
    @number12michael. They've already got one abyssal who can't be reasoned with (incidentally, that scene suggests that even Yagi himself is not exempt from the Roxanne Regulation). Why would they need another? I suppose past could be a thing but that would be introducing a whole new thread at a time when it looks like the story is wrapping up.

@StarPirate. It isn't particularly exciting, I know, but I see no reason why Roxanne, who is very pragmatic when her buttons aren't being pushed, wouldn't turn herself in if she felt she was nearing her limit. Warriors in general seem to take not awakening very seriously (a responsibility which weighs more heavily on the very powerful) and I don't think she's the kind of crazy which would break that.

@leroid. Well, if when they fought as warriors is anything to go by, Priscilla has more yoki but Teresa is better at the head game so I guess it would depend on external factors. . . O_O OMG this could go on forever.

@littleangel. DUDE! That's my theory too! There's nothing really to support it, but I could see Roxanne harbouring a great deal of self-loathing. Once she made number one there wouldn't be anything (or anyone) to distract her from it and suicide (or at least the reckless, self-destructive fighting which for warriors counts as suicide) isn't a stretch. Alternatively she just died during a hunt in a really anticlimactic and boring way.
    YA, i agree i got no Idea what Roxanne would do one way or another, but have you seen A Single Withe Female? here's a wiki link to the plot, sounds kinda like Roxannes mental disorder, or so i think, what do you think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_White_Female

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7