Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 102

Thread: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

  1. #46
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Quaria
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Maybe he was the one to told her to kill them ?
    Implying that Rubel ordered or manipulated Roxanne to kill her friends, huh???. Honestly, I can't see his motives; unless all of Roxy's "friends" have partially awakened in the past and he figured it will be a good idea to get rid of them. In other words, he would have employed the same tactic as he did to get rid of Claire and the others. However, this time he would have used a mentally unstable Claymore rather than an awakened being to help him carry out his plan.

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    you never know they could have been snooping around...who knows.....but what i want to know is why would the n5 still hang around with Roxanne even tho she was know as creepy and her friends die around her
    Maybe for the same reason Cassy befriended nr 35....She knew Cassy's technique was creepy, grotesque or whatever you want to call it. Yet, she became Cassy's best friend~
    Last edited by Ancy; October 24, 2012 at 03:24 AM.
    "I've always believed you were meant to stay!
    I guess I was wrong!
    "

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #47
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hueco Mundo
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    you never know they could have been snooping around...who knows.....but what i want to know is why would the n5 still hang around with Roxanne even tho she was know as creepy and her friends die around her
    She Might have been lonely. And Elizabeth might have thought that Roxanne wasnt as bad as she thought, becasue didnt Roxanne already meet Elizabeth before befrineding her and i dont really think Roxanne was as insane back then, so mayve Elizabeth thought Roxanne was jsut troubled.

    Or there could be aother reason. Elizabeth may not have had anything to do with Roxanne, because it did say in Chp.117 that Elizabeth died shortly after Roxanne stole her technique. And what i find weird about that is unlike Neideen adn Uranus where it shows Roxanne fihgting together with them it shows nothing about Roxanne and Elizabeth. And in that same chapter it explains Roxanne's ability to hide er Yoki from a single target and it says "And that is connected to her effective acquisition of other peoples every technique" and when it says that it shows her stalking Cassandra lol. So whos to say she didnt do the same for Elizabeth? Maybe she saw the technique ad decided to copy it without the help of the original Creator?

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #48
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

    Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    She Might have been lonely. And Elizabeth might have thought that Roxanne wasnt as bad as she thought, becasue didnt Roxanne already meet Elizabeth before befrineding her and i dont really think Roxanne was as insane back then, so mayve Elizabeth thought Roxanne was jsut troubled.

    Or there could be aother reason. Elizabeth may not have had anything to do with Roxanne, because it did say in Chp.117 that Elizabeth died shortly after Roxanne stole her technique. And what i find weird about that is unlike Neideen adn Uranus where it shows Roxanne fihgting together with them it shows nothing about Roxanne and Elizabeth. And in that same chapter it explains Roxanne's ability to hide er Yoki from a single target and it says "And that is connected to her effective acquisition of other peoples every technique" and when it says that it shows her stalking Cassandra lol. So whos to say she didnt do the same for Elizabeth? Maybe she saw the technique ad decided to copy it without the help of the original Creator?
    hmm would make sense that she could copy the tech in secret....maybe thats what she was planning on doing to cassandra until she seen the Dust Eater ... because cassandra said "Even the warrior who admired me....called me dust eater and left" so that means right after Roxanne seen the DE she let cassandra know that she knew of the DE , named her "dust eater cassandra" and then never talked to her again lol....until she let her friend die ...lol and we all know how well that turned out for cassy
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  6. #49
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hueco Mundo
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    hmm would make sense that she could copy the tech in secret....maybe thats what she was planning on doing to cassandra until she seen the Dust Eater ... because cassandra said "Even the warrior who admired me....called me dust eater and left" so that means right after Roxanne seen the DE she let cassandra know that she knew of the DE , named her "dust eater cassandra" and then never talked to her again lol....until she let her friend die ...lol and we all know how well that turned out for cassy
    Maybe Elizabeth was just an Experiment for Roxanne to see if she could copy a technique without the help of the Original Owner. Because the chap said that Elizabeth died shortly after Roxanne took her Beautiful Sword. So maybe she personally killed Elizabeth ? Because i highly doubt one of the top 5's would be too happy to find out one of their technique was stolen by Roxanne.

    And when it came to Cassandra i think Roxanne learning the technique herself would have been the only way for her to get it because of Cassandra's reluctance t show it in front of others and i dont think Cassandra would let another Warrior learn the technique.

    I think out of all the warriors whove had friends and lost Cassandra's had it the worst, she had Roxanne who only wanted her for her technique and once she saw it she nicknamed her "Dust Eater" which would have been humiliating. And when Cassandra made a true frined in Warrior 35 Roxanne orchestrated her death causing Cass to be killed by her fellow warriors :/

  7. #50
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Quaria
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

    To be honest, I can't help but wonder what the heck made Roxanne to become mentally unstable??? We all know that most Claymores had traumatic pasts...yet, only Prissy and Ophelia snapped because of it. Any suggestions?
    "I've always believed you were meant to stay!
    I guess I was wrong!
    "

  8. #51
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hueco Mundo
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancy View Post
    To be honest, I can't help but wonder what the heck made Roxanne to become mentally unstable??? We all know that most Claymores had traumatic pasts...yet, only Prissy and Ophelia snapped because of it. Any suggestions?
    Ive got no clue either. I dont think she was insane when we first saw her in her flashback. But the higher she got in the ranks she started looking mor unhinged, i think she went nuts because of her rise in power (although im probably wrong XD). I think an extra scene with Rox would efinitely clear things up about her. At least with Ophelia we knew the reasons she was insane aswell as Priscilla, but with Roxanne there are so many things unanswered. ^^

  9. #52
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

    I think that she was a sociopath this whole time and what we've seen was either her true nature or a mask that she put on in front of others. It's not like only sane people become Claymores. It's possible that Roxanne would have become a serial killer even if she was human.

    As for the starting post, I doubt that Roxanne is still alive or present in some way, although it would be an interesting plot-twist. But I just don't see how Roxanne could manipulate Cassandra while her body has rotted away. Transfer of souls would be too much and her piece that Cassie ate having ability to take control would be even more ridiculous. I'm afraid that the answer is as simple as it gets and Roxanne is dead.

    As for the question why she was the only one who remembered everything clearly, she probably had a mental stat as high as Irene's or Jean's and it was harder to wipe her memory out.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #53
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    I think that she was a sociopath this whole time and what we've seen was either her true nature or a mask that she put on in front of others. It's not like only sane people become Claymores. It's possible that Roxanne would have become a serial killer even if she was human.

    As for the starting post, I doubt that Roxanne is still alive or present in some way, although it would be an interesting plot-twist. But I just don't see how Roxanne could manipulate Cassandra while her body has rotted away. Transfer of souls would be too much and her piece that Cassie ate having ability to take control would be even more ridiculous. I'm afraid that the answer is as simple as it gets and Roxanne is dead.


    As for the question why she was the only one who remembered everything clearly, she probably had a mental stat as high as Irene's or Jean's and it was harder to wipe her memory out.
    Well if Cassandra ate all of Roxanne what if those pieces just rejoined/Regenerated inside cassandras belly...and Roxanne is hiding her Yoki from Cassandra and the others cants sense her because of Cassandras large Aura could be? but she could be just dead

    She also could be at the Org headquarters , i have a theory that she ejected her "real self" in one of those final claws/blades and what Cassy ate was nothing but a shell (and maybe her awakening has improved her yoki hiding ability to the point she can hide it completely(and for an AO its not that hard to believe)

    regarding her Memory i think your right she must have had a strong will/her human part was strong

    And to Roxanne being a killer if she was not a claymore...i can see it she was crazy even when she was n35...she just got worse as time went by
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  12. #54
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hueco Mundo
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    I think that she was a sociopath this whole time and what we've seen was either her true nature or a mask that she put on in front of others. It's not like only sane people become Claymores. It's possible that Roxanne would have become a serial killer even if she was human.

    As for the starting post, I doubt that Roxanne is still alive or present in some way, although it would be an interesting plot-twist. But I just don't see how Roxanne could manipulate Cassandra while her body has rotted away. Transfer of souls would be too much and her piece that Cassie ate having ability to take control would be even more ridiculous. I'm afraid that the answer is as simple as it gets and Roxanne is dead.

    As for the question why she was the only one who remembered everything clearly, she probably had a mental stat as high as Irene's or Jean's and it was harder to wipe her memory out.
    Thats what i was thinking. Her personality and mind were probably too strong, and i bet Cassandra probably triggered some memories in Roxanne. To be honest Cassandra was all Roanne talked about, maybe she just rmeebered stuff about Cassandra nd nothing else?

  13. #55
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member littleangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Jordan
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore Vol:21 Page 111 Translation

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    If she really did remove it herself, then like you said that shows she is willing to do extreme things and even "hurt" herself to get what she wants.
    thats why i think she let herself get eaten by Cassandra, maybe she is slowly absorbing her power/yoki?.

    Could anyone get a translation for the line helen said "Ate all of the other one she was fighting" is that a good translation, why would we be told "All"
    OMG your post just gives me hope that she is still alive and kicking and will show up to mess things up when everything is driven into chaos! My Roxanne will be back.. A dream that I wish Yagi would make it true.. After all if he does is, it will show that she mastered her previous techniques to beyond imagination after awakening tricking not one as she previously did but this time everyone.. If then holds true, then she can become the ultimate assassin that even Galatea cant sense!

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #56
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore Vol:21 Page 111 Translation

    Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    OMG your post just gives me hope that she is still alive and kicking and will show up to mess things up when everything is driven into chaos! My Roxanne will be back.. A dream that I wish Yagi would make it true.. After all if he does is, it will show that she mastered her previous techniques to beyond imagination after awakening tricking not one as she previously did but this time everyone.. If then holds true, then she can become the ultimate assassin that even Galatea cant sense!
    I know! she never showed her ability in her awakened form thats just to odd when the other 2's bodys were based/heavily influenced by there ability as warriors.

    I really think she tricked Cassandra into eating her, we know that in order to steal an ability she has to "get close" to the person/being she wants to steal from(as with the N5 its implied that she stalked her, without her fully knowing) so she dose not have to be "friends" with them just be close to them, we also know that once her power gets above theirs, they mysteriously die.
    What better way to get close to cassandra then by being inside of her. Roxannes true strength was her cunning nature.
    So i am still hopeful , and think it is a real possibility that she will return
    Cassandra will be killed and once she is dead Roxanne will come out of her corpse OR Cassandra will die/start dieing out of no where and Roxanne will rip/burst out of Cassandra fatally wounding her.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #57
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member littleangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Jordan
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

    Quote Quote:
    they mysteriously die.
    This part I always thought of, but think it is because of Roxanne's ability! I will explain more: when you are in a battle you position yourself based on your allies and enemies and so you move according to that, but I think what Roxanne did is that when they moved in a certain way that puts them in danger, but this danger can be dealt with if a comrade helps. Here Roxanne hides herself when she is that comrade and this will confuse them and let them act wrongly and leads to their death or so I believe.

  18. #58
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

    Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    This part I always thought of, but think it is because of Roxanne's ability! I will explain more: when you are in a battle you position yourself based on your allies and enemies and so you move according to that, but I think what Roxanne did is that when they moved in a certain way that puts them in danger, but this danger can be dealt with if a comrade helps. Here Roxanne hides herself when she is that comrade and this will confuse them and let them act wrongly and leads to their death or so I believe.
    That could be it, i also think she "leeches" there power taking it makeing herself stronger and them weaker.
    Remember the N9 who died she was killed by a weak Awakened being, everyone was shocked that she would fall to such an weak awakened being.- so i think it might have something to do with over all power as well

    maybe she "leeches" there power making it her own(while they are unaware of there own drop in power/strength) and then like you said , she puts them into a position where they need her help(they think they are still "close" to her) and she lets them get killed.

    but the only thing that makes me question that is the Number 5- it said "she died shortly after Roxanne had stolen all of her beautiful sword techniques" and by that time Roxanne was number 11 and people thought she was creepy and kept there distance(as several of her "friends" had already died mysteriously). so it seems she might kill them herself or her ability to steal techniques has an effect on the person that causes them to die-maybe they run out of yoki?
    for example , the N9 was in battle and then suddenly she found herself unable to use/make yoki? thus she was no better then a human and was killed by a "weak awakened being" ?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #59
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member littleangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Jordan
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

    Just one word.. Roxanne! She is amazing, like super amazing. The more I want to discuss her the more I like her.. Much potential and too bad Yagi wasted it. Yes he brought her back in a picture today but we want her back for real this time.. So much questions unanswered about her and I really want them answered like what trouble did she cause the Origination that they mentioned her in particular with that not any of the rest, and not to forget that Hysteria killed half the warriors at the time so how bad did she go? Teresa rebelled and got 1-4 killed and Cassandra did terrible stuff too so why her with that?? And not to forget that Dae said that all three were close to awakening at their death so this makes it unique for Roxanne, as why did she need that?

    To me what makes her death more likely fake is that we got the final moment of all the three ZAOs except Roxanne, so I think she is not finished yet or at least we are not done with her yet as she will be at least mentioned in the future, because Yagi tries to be as fair and realistic as possible. All I want is to see that smile one more time because it's the most evil of all we have seen far in Claymore.

    ---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

    BTW I like the idea of her being a leech and she absorbs the powers of other literary not only the way of the ability but also their powers.. But is that even possible?? Like we have seen the destroyer do that and the victim died in sense of self so maybe that's how she does it so great way of thinking Micheal.. This maybe a key to her ability and this makes it even more possible that she survived inside Cassandra, as after awakening she got her ability upgraded and with her sensory masking ability she can do anything.. She can emerge as an entity stronger than the current Cassandra something like Riful doll?

  21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  22. #60
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hueco Mundo
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is it really the end for Love and Hate

    At least we might have got a hint at why Roxanne didn't lose her memories: Her mind couldn't be erased by Yoki Synching.

    ---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    maybe she "leeches" there power making it her own(while they are unaware of there own drop in power/strength) and then like you said , she puts them into a position where they need her help(they think they are still "close" to her) and she lets them get killed.
    I actually think she worked in a similar way to that aswell. I always found it odd how she use to mimic the Warriors she was obsessing over. She removed her eye to be like Nadine, and even changed her sword hand for Cassandra. It was like she was trying to become them. And, like you say, once she has drained them of what they have she'll let them die.

    I also think the way she copies techniques might be used by Synching her Yoki with a fellow Warrior, allowing her to perfectly mirror the way they fight. Or somehow imprint the way they fight into her mind, considering she had to watch Cassandra from afar; aswell as the latest Chapter showing Clarice messing with Miatas mind and erasing her memories. And she "stole" Elizabeth's ability, making it seem even more likely she literally memorizes their fighting abilities. God she needs her own mini series or something haha

    ---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

    I've also had a thought about her Awakening that I really like (although some may not lol). We all saw that with Cassandra and Hysteria, they both practically became their techniques after Awakening. Cassandra mimicked the Dust Eater while Hysteria gained the ability to "soar through the sky". And yet we have Roxanne who seemed so...normal, boring even.

    And here's where my little thought begins: What if Roxanne wanted it that way ?

    We know a Claymore awakens depending on her abilities and personality, but Roxanne had such an array of techniques that no doubt would have been able to easily allow her to crush any opposition in Awakened form (The Blade of Evil for example) but all she got was blades ? After all a new Warrior with no techniques to her name only has a blade to defend herself after all. And what I'm trying to say is: Is it possible Roxanne wanted to die at some point in her life ? Because really, how on earth do you kill a person like Roxanne ?

    There are just so many things we don't know about her. Maybe, after gaining the Rank of No.1 she had became lonely ? Or maybe she had a split personality ? One wanted friends while the other wanted power, thus she gained power by using those friends ? I think that after Roxanne became No.1 she may have actually had some sort of "realization" of what she had done and maybe allowed herself to die or be executed ? Hey, maybe that's another reason she didn't lose her memories? Because her death wasn't by the Organization and wouldn't cause her to go crazy once she remembered..

    I might just be saying things out of the blue, but I don't like thinking that she was all evil. And her face when she died against Cass.. she looked truly defeated, as if she'd given up. If she was coming back I think she would have had that sh*t eating grin on her face. And out of all the things she could have said to Cassandra she says "Keep eating shit for the rest of your life." She could've easily said something more witty or insulting to her but that was what she said ? I think she knew she was in her last moments so she thought "to hell with it I don't care" and just said anything a final act of defiance before the end.

    Unfortunately, as much as I want her back, I think she's dead ;n;

  23. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts