Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

7 6.67%
  • 2] Average

10 9.52%
  • 3] Good

23 21.90%
  • 4] Great

44 41.90%
  • 5] Epic

20 19.05%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

1 0.95%
New Reply
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 685 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 685 Discussion / 686 Prediction

Hum I don't think it is flamingo face but just Luffy's one deformed by hallucination. That's a relief cause it is a part of the spoiler I didn't understand.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

completely just lost it, epic!
    even though vego seems to be getting beat on pretty bad, his eyes are still open, this dude is crazy tough for sure. Why the effort by oda to draw momo in the flash back all black?
    I agree with the 'momo wants to rebel and become a pirate' theory!
    after law being so hax earlier at the start of this arc, he's lookin kinda worse for ware.
    MOMO AND KINEMON for NN!(package deal, kinemon would never let his boy travel with pirates alone, so he would join too out of completely backwards parental reasoning) also I think there's just something about kinemon joining-his attitude/interaction with the SHs, his 2 sword style(brook uses 1 and Zoro uses 3 so why not complete the set with a 2 sword style?) o and his ability to cut fire!
    How bad*ss would it be if they joined, "strawhat luffy, pirate hunter zoro, black leg sanji, cat burglar nami, worrior of the sea usopp, cotton candy chopper, cyborg franky, devil's child robin, soul king brook, fire fox kinemon, and 'dragon boy' momonosuke".
    I was also thinking about kinemons dislike for dragons-what if dragon's have killed everyone in Wano and kinemon and momo are the last samurai left?
    S.A.D.- S???? Artificial Devil fruit, maybe?
    sorry about the rant, the chapter was just too epic!!

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

So... Monet does have a Logia hmmmn guess it would be good for Zoro to beat her, but then again won't show the fight anyway...
    Nothing to see in this chapter, well, except that " Man Made DF ", now that's some interesting stuff, makes me want to see Vegapunk even sooner than I wanted really

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

"I... Have no name!" Momonosuke is awesome just like his father, but it's so much more endearing, because he's this tiny stubborn as all hell kid being stubborn with other kids! His dragon face has so much expression! Imagine these 2 at a dinner table decrying seconds because that's what warriors do! I do wonder what happened to his sword? Also what sort of boat would be allowed to dock at Wano? I'm guessing Doflamingo pays off some Wano Shogun equivalent to ignore him picking out strong kids.

I also noticed Momonosuke 'flies' by grabbing onto clouds, I think he produces the clouds as well because the garbage room didn't have any of them, before his Doflamingo freakout.

Why does everyone think more swords = more power? Monet really shouldn't use double rapiers, i'm sure a double piercing attack would leave you open.

Nami's pumpkin dress, scratch, Nami's entire outfit needs to exist in our world, too much flavour.

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

I Wish Zoro would cut Monet in half and move on to subdue the kids, but I get the feeling Sanji will interrupt the fight and start with his Chivalry bullshit...Frankly given the number of people they've killed, I think poetic justice dictates Ceasar, Monet and Vergo be exposed to Shinokuni and be left to die in Punk Hazard. I started out loving this arc, but it keeps dragging on....and ....on. Ceasar should have been handled by now, the whole heart exchange bit with Law and Ceasar was weak and why Monet is giving anyone problems let alone Luffy and Zoro, beats me...its beginning to feel like a bit of a stretch...I want the arc to end
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad chapter. However I will admit that I'm quite pissed that Robin's chance for a serious one-on-one fight with Monet is dead due to Monet being a Logia user. Ugh! -_-

Well on the bright side, we got to see CoA haki in action again and I think we are about to get a lot more of it in the next chapter!
    **THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT**
    Project
    and Thread (UPDATE 10/6/14)
    **THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT**
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    Robin: The Rokushiki Demon (first two pages are up!)

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shojin View Post
    Not a bad chapter. However I will admit that I'm quite pissed that Robin's chance for a serious one-on-one fight with Monet is dead due to Monet being a Logia user. Ugh! -_-

Well on the bright side, we got to see CoA haki in action again and I think we are about to get a lot more of it in the next chapter!
    If you expect a serious fight between Zoro and Monet, don't dream... Oda didn't even bother to completely show us Smoker vs Vergo...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, do you think that`s Dofla`s aura? He said he would sent people but he never stated that he would show himself, maybe Momo has an exceptional observation haki? (yet he was smuggled XD) I`m confused about that panel.

About the man-made DF, will It be better than a "natural" DF? will it have temporal effects?

This chap was interesting, but I wanted to see more vice-admiral action.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 685 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Monet a logia????? Wow!!!

Vegapunk made devil fruits????? Double Wow!!!

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

artifitial devil fruits??? of course, natural ones grow in Raftel!
    where in this chapter does it say that devil comes from the island raftel

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    So I was wrong once again :-)
    But yeah I wonder why it is failed fruit. Is it related to the hallucinations ? I'm surprised momonosuke knows Flamingo, I thought kidnapping the children was a lieutenants job.
    where did it say that monosuke knows flamingo

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jamjosef's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Sanji View Post
    Ha, told you so, she's not a zoan type she's a logia and a snow-woman, brilliant.

Also, the difference between snow and ice is not the same as fire and magma, it doesn't have to do with temperature at all. Oda said that the Logias are forces of nature, climate-related. Snow and ice are the same thing frozen water, the difference is that when it falls in tiny examples it's snow, when bigger we call it hail and last when it's directly on ground level and not linked to precipitation we call it ice. Obviously, Oda has seen a difference in snow and ice, as in the polar regions and thus they are different logias. Fire and Magma are different in the fact that the former is a form of energy whereas the latter is heated materia of the ground.

Anyway, the chapter was very good, Momonosuke is an awesome character and Sanji kicking people is always a blast. I'm very interested in the Zoro vs Monet fight. Could he have done a Luffy and learned from his surroundings and achieved the ability to not only cut fire but to cut with fire? That could be a defining moment of the fight, but still though, who through the paper at Chopper?
    Fire is not a form of Energy, Heat is a form of energy. Fire is the burning of gases whereas, magma is the superheating of a solid(hot rocks) it is by nature hotter due to the required enthalpy of the rock in comparison to the gas. Similarly Ice is considered Colder than snow in the sense that ice is considered a large mass of frozen liquid which has A lower surface area in comparison to snow so it takes longer to gain heat, whereas snow has a very large surface area and due to that it melts much faster. so in a comparison it should be possible for aokiji to freeze monet just based on the difference in temperature similar to how akainu burned ace due to the difference in temperature
    Last edited by jamjosef; October 17, 2012 at 08:01 AM.

hes gonna open a can of whoop ass fox style

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well alright...something new...a little bit of progress if you will. First I'll say that even though it never really said Vegapunk made his own devil fruits, we knew he could do a lot with the fruits already. So that doesn't surprise me too much.

But Momo not eating the devil fruit until recently removes one of my theories and makes me think the other one will more than likely come true. At first I thought Kinemon didn't like dragons because the fruit turned his son into one. Now I think the whole Wano country has something against dragons and when Kinemon and Momo go back with the SH's, they may be shunned which allows them to be the new crew members...OR Wano country could be the next arc and Kinemon and Momo help save the country from something and they are allowed to stay.

But I wonder if a man made devil fruit is just as potent as a real devil fruit? Will it be harder for Momo to turn back? And that's a perfect set up for him to be examined by chopper and given some type of meds or new rumble ball.
    My One Piece Predictions:
    Spoiler show

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Those logia are really troublesome.
    We know that Luffy and Zoro can fight them (most likely Sanji too), but every other strawhats can't...

I'm thinking that, before the end of this manga, everyone will have some Haki abilities.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 685 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Quote:
    where did it say that monosuke knows flamingo
    It was in the spoiler. Someone mistook Luffy's difformed face with Don flamingo

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

well kudoos to every1 who actually guessed yuki-yuki no mi for monet. thou logia is a shock i guess. her true nature is got out. and fight with zoro will be good i hope. smoker seems to be doing well with his own haki against vergo. sanji cracked me up by kicking every G5 thou the real deal is vegapunk and the man-made devil fruit. i am salivating about that revelation. luffy is getting pumped about his fight with CC since he found a reason for him to fight and we might have some very interesting plot coming from the Wano kuni as momonosuke's pirate description is noteworthy. after 2 so-so chapters oda made real progress with the story arc. about the only mystery left is SAD. why did robin asked for kairoseki handcuffs and what is law trying to do is still pretty much out in the open cant wait to read the next chapter.

the halloween special spread was good 2.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, Momo is soo cool!
    I never wanted someone to join Strawhats more than now!

I always wanted a kid to join the strawhat.
    And Momo is the coolest kid we've seen so far.

Plus, he's a freaking dragon!!

But, let's be honest, his chance of joining the strawhats are pretty slim...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

New Reply
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast