Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 39 Discussion / 40 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Shingeki no Kyojin 39 Discussion / 40 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Shingeki no Kyojin~

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    -

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oberon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 39 Spoiler Thread

Chapter #39Verification: Confirmed
    Source: JJT - Juin Jutsu Team
    Credits: JJT - Juin Jutsu Team

Raw Here: JJT - Juin Jutsu Team

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter is out.

Assuming what is happening in pages 20-22 is a flashback to when the titans attacked his village and their attempts to escape as it appears, this chapter should put to rest the Reiner/Bertholdt as the titans that attacked the wall speculation as it fills in the biggest question mark in their story.
    Last edited by Reclaimer; November 10, 2012 at 08:09 PM.

5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter is focused on the guys at uthgar castle. From what is being shown the theory on ymir and the 2 guys being giants themselves are looking pretty wobbly. But why are they so fixed on getting back to their hometown? It brings the possibility that they are not the people of inside the wall. probably from outside and the outside and inside wall faction are the ones at war. Maybe the royalties and the nobles are really the bad guys and those outside are trying to get in to confront them. But even tho reiner and ymir and co might not be titans themselves they might know a lot more than they're willing to tell

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 39 Discussion / 40 Predictions

I don't think this chapter has done anything in regards to any Ymir theories. There is no inherent requirement for her to be able to transform into a titan to have some connection to the titans (depending on the source of these titans, there are a number of explanations as to why they are attacking her), nor has this chapter really done anything to say she cannot turn into a titan. If she can and wants to hide it, she'll wait until she does not have any options left and she isn't there yet. (You could also possibly question her super-human strength on page 33)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

"Just marry me already" Best line in this chapter ! XD
    I hope we see more of the talking ape the next chapter.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

There's too much inconsistency on the consipracy theory that Reiner is the armored titan.
    I think it makes sense only if Reiner doesn't aware of his power.
    He really thought he's going to die when the titan broke in,
    this should be enough to show that Reiner is not aware of his power,if any,otherwise i think we can just end.of.topic and blame the author.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I don't think this chapter has done anything in regards to any Ymir theories. There is no inherent requirement for her to be able to transform into a titan to have some connection to the titans (depending on the source of these titans, there are a number of explanations as to why they are attacking her), nor has this chapter really done anything to say she cannot turn into a titan. If she can and wants to hide it, she'll wait until she does not have any options left and she isn't there yet. (You could also possibly question her super-human strength on page 33)
    i think it's pretty clear that the ape titan toys not only the Scouting Legion but also those regular titans
    but it's indeed interesting to think that the ape titan wasn't just pass by and he came here for Christa,Ymir or any other purpose.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lolnameless View Post
    There's too much inconsistency on the consipracy theory that Reiner is the armored titan.
    I think it makes sense only if Reiner doesn't aware of his power.
    He really thought he's going to die when the titan broke in,
    this should be enough to show that Reiner is not aware of his power,if any,otherwise i think we can just end.of.topic and blame the author.
    Oh, you could come up with some explanations that allow him to be a human/titan that are consistent with his actions in the chapter. (As I mentioned, the flashback is the deathblow) If he was told that he has to maintain his cover and cannot transform under any circumstances, his thoughts that he was going to die are reasonable. Hell, you could explain his desire to jump out of the building as an attempt to give him the space to at least partially transform without others seeing him.

Now, I'm not sure that I would be happy with those as explanations, but they are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by lolnameless View Post
    ---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------
    i think it's pretty clear that the ape titan toys not only the Scouting Legion but also those regular titans
    but it's indeed interesting to think that the ape titan wasn't just pass by and he came here for Christa,Ymir or any other purpose.
    That would require the Ape Titan to have knowledge that the trainees were going to be detained on suspicion that one of them was an ally of Annie, him cross the wall and bring/create titans to cause a ruckus and somehow know that unequipped trainees would be dragged with the rest of the scouting legion to find the hole, then find them. That seems unreasonable.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Ape titan could be trying to find out about something or trying to goad the other titan party so that something might happen. If not i cant understand what hes doing out there. Why throw rocks? he could climb that tower and smash them. Clearly hes trying to provoke some kind of response.

Tho 1 thing that annoys me is that we have to wait a month for the next chapter revelation and this chapter tho action packed but i dont know if its weekly publish then its okay but its monthly i feel like its punishing @_@
    Last edited by nyamonyamo; November 11, 2012 at 05:04 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuck, i really like that theory. haha. But still has a chance, i think...
    Those guys from scouting legion dying, was so coward. They were fighting so well and suddenly a giant piece of rock come flying and hit them, with no chance of scape, it'so unfair D:.
    The scene of Ryner putting the titan on his back was awesome.
    Next chapter, Eren and the team must arrive at the castle, otherwise...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner YujiroPain's Avatar
    Country
    Mozambique
    Post Thanks / Like

all this inconsistencies are making the story boring and uninteresting. if the author doesn't shed some light in the next issues I'm gonna stop reading it.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YujiroPain View Post
    all this inconsistencies are making the story boring and uninteresting. if the author doesn't shed some light in the next issues I'm gonna stop reading it.
    Excuse me, sir, what inconsistencies?

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only one I can think of is that the author's desire to slowly dole out info and clues is inconsistent with my desire to know everything now.
    Last edited by Reclaimer; November 29, 2012 at 11:19 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Post Thanks / Like

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a discussion about that in another thread. I'm sorry, I don't remember which one though. Some people thought maybe one of those titans was made from a small child and that it might also affect the ability of the titan to follow the Beast Titan's orders.

New Reply