Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: The Ape Titan is...

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...human-based.

64 58.18%
  • ...a pure titan.

46 41.82%
New Reply
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ape Titan (aka Big Foot)

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ape Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorpops View Post
    Evidence 1

Bert first attacked the wall when he was 11. This is because the time Eren fought the colossal titan, it wS the second time it appeared, the last time being 5 years ago. Bert's age is 16. 16 - 5 equals 11. It is highly unlikely an 11 year old would have a vendetta against humanity. So it must be that someone/something had to have made him attack the city.
    Well, RBA have all made clear that they're "Warriors on a mission" and that mission is apparently to wipe out the humans inside of the Wall. It is hard to say whether the Ape Titan is behind this mission of theirs though - it's implied that it does have something to do with it though, and it seems to be the one who transformed R & B into titans as well...

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ape Titan (aka Big Foot)

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    I get the impression he's either conducting some kind of testing on them (the human "farm" theory as was mentioned by others above), or he's got some means to travel the world and check on different isolated societies of human beings that we don't know about. (I used to think there were no other societies but now I'm convinced those were just lies told to people within the walls.)
    Well, since it's strongly implied that R & B are searching for him and that finding him would allow them to return home, it would seem that the Ape Titan indeed is in possession of some means of travelling the world (or worlds, even). It's also implied that he might only stay in the vincity of an "isolated comminity" (assuming there's others too) for a limited amount of time (hence why R & B are in such a hurry to find him)...

If so, then if R & B fails to capture Eren this time around, it might be a while before the Ape Titan passes by the Walls again, giving Mankind time to plan a counterattack...

As for there being isolated communities - I defintively think there is - the existence of the Titan Shifter community seems to prove that the humans who live within the Walls aren't th eonly ones in this world. My guess is that these other isolated communities would be incredibly difficult to find though - the distance between these communities would be vast (I doubt the Scouting Legion goes all that far away when they leave the Walls) and some of these communities might be hidden since they might not have the luxury of Titan-refinforced walls...
    Last edited by DarkLordOfKichiku; October 02, 2013 at 07:22 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Huesoman's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikasaaa View Post
    Or I could be wrong and the Ape Titan is climbing the protruding part only because it's easier to grab onto.
    Exactly,
    "Do you really think...this world has a future?"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hectorpops's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea good point, I wonder how exactly it transformed them into titans too....

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Franklyn D. Kieran's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I am unsure whether or not this has been pointed out prior to this, but something about the "Ape Titan" or rather Beast Titan, is reminiscent of a werewolf.

Look at the last panel on this page: http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/39/45

It looks to me like a full moon. Also the cry "OOOOO" doesn't seem like something a monkey would say but to me reading it sounds more like a wolf howling away at the moon. Besides that, his power to be able to change humans into titans reminds me of the way when a werewolf bites a human they can also turn them into a werewolf.

This leads me to ask the question, does the Beast Titan always look like this? Or does it only take this form so that it can move at night as we know that barring the titans that were created by the Beast Titan, titans are immobile at night. It could well be that the Beast Titan actually looks like a regular titan but transforms into that state for some unknown reason? Well seeing as the whole feeling I get from it is werewolf like, maybe it can only do this on the day of a full moon?

These are just my thoughts and feelings on the Beast titan that I thought I'd share with you guys. It may seem kind of messy because I pretty much thought of it just now; hopefully you guys may have some input on this anyway!
    Last edited by Franklyn D. Kieran; October 03, 2013 at 05:37 PM.

This must be how Anti-Obito Theorists felt when Kishimoto revealed Tobi as Obito.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hectorpops's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, can't wait for chapter 50, does it come out in the middle of the month or the beginning?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Candeloro's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorpops View Post
    Yea, can't wait for chapter 50, does it come out in the middle of the month or the beginning?
    In beginning of month, so I would expect RAW's to come out in weekend.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, after watching the 50 episode in manga, I guess all of us will agree (or most of us xD)

Don't read if you haven't seen the last episode in the manga.

Spoiler show

PS: sorry for the english...

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franklyn D. Kieran View Post
    I am unsure whether or not this has been pointed out prior to this, but something about the "Ape Titan" or rather Beast Titan, is reminiscent of a werewolf.

Look at the last panel on this page: http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/39/45

It looks to me like a full moon. Also the cry "OOOOO" doesn't seem like something a monkey would say but to me reading it sounds more like a wolf howling away at the moon. Besides that, his power to be able to change humans into titans reminds me of the way when a werewolf bites a human they can also turn them into a werewolf.

This leads me to ask the question, does the Beast Titan always look like this? Or does it only take this form so that it can move at night as we know that barring the titans that were created by the Beast Titan, titans are immobile at night. It could well be that the Beast Titan actually looks like a regular titan but transforms into that state for some unknown reason? Well seeing as the whole feeling I get from it is werewolf like, maybe it can only do this on the day of a full moon?

These are just my thoughts and feelings on the Beast titan that I thought I'd share with you guys. It may seem kind of messy because I pretty much thought of it just now; hopefully you guys may have some input on this anyway!
    Norse (Main Inspiration of this series) had a Beast Giant called Gudmundr who was Theriomorphic.
    Theriomorphic refers to the metamorphosis of human to animal.
    The Werewolf is the most famous example.
    Just like you said, Werewolves turn their victims into one as well.

Anyway what is more important is that Gudmundr was the king of the land referred to as Warriors Paradise, Glaesisvellir.

See this allegorical.
    Warriors could equate to the paradise for BAR as we know, they simply want to return to their home seeing that by dictionary paradise can be a place where one find absolute delight.
    So perhaps:
    Warriors Paradise - BAR's Home.

And the father of Gudmundr was the god of a Cult.
    Reminds me of how the Church Cult keep talking about Walls gifted by God.

Isayama likes to go poetic.
    Like how in the Norse = Ymirs Flesh and Blood make up the Walls that surround the Human World.
    Flesh and Blood being an Idiom for "Ones own Kin", relatives.
    Translating to - Ymirs own Kin.
    Translating to - Titans in the Wall.

Ymir was the very first titan in the Norse.
    Last edited by Beatrice; October 05, 2013 at 02:00 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner eton's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

You bring the Norse myth knowledge my friend!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Franklyn D. Kieran's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Norse (Main Inspiration of this series) had a Beast Giant called Gudmundr who was Theriomorphic.
    Theriomorphic refers to the metamorphosis of human to animal.
    The Werewolf is the most famous example.
    Just like you said, Werewolves turn their victims into one as well.

Anyway what is more important is that Gudmundr was the king of the land referred to as Warriors Paradise, Glaesisvellir.

See this allegorical.
    Warriors could equate to the paradise for BAR as we know, they simply want to return to their home seeing that by dictionary paradise can be a place where one find absolute delight.
    So perhaps:
    Warriors Paradise - BAR's Home.

And the father of Gudmundr was the god of a Cult.
    Reminds me of how the Church Cult keep talking about Walls gifted by God.

Isayama likes to go poetic.
    Like how in the Norse = Ymirs Flesh and Blood make up the Walls that surround the Human World.
    Flesh and Blood being an Idiom for "Ones own Kin", relatives.
    Translating to - Ymirs own Kin.
    Translating to - Titans in the Wall.

Ymir was the very first titan in the Norse.
    Interesting, I'll have to check that out! I knew the story had some Norse elements too it, but I'd like to know a lot more about it. Would you be kind enough to point me to any sources I could look at to learn more about Norse mythology in relation to this series?

Thanks for that!

This must be how Anti-Obito Theorists felt when Kishimoto revealed Tobi as Obito.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner quoux's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm fairly sure he wasn't an ape. It looks like one but why the hell would they make it an ape. Like let's look at this reasonably; seeing how humanity is in a waste and apparently it's not a good thing to be turned into a Titan, I highly doubt they would need to "test" if the thing worked at all; it doesn't quite seem like they are all to worried about possible inhumane side affects. (Not to mention becoming a Titan is fundamentally inhumane in and of itself).

Btw when I say ape, I mean like a regular ape, not gudmundir from Norse mythology. That's a pretty cool theory, right there.
    Last edited by quoux; October 10, 2013 at 01:22 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The ape titan is grisha

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Besides Eren, Ymir and Ape, someone see Elf Titans?
    So, i found one:
    http://www.mangastream.to/shingeki-n...2-page-10.html

And plus:http://www.mangastream.to/shingeki-n...3-page-10.html
    Right bottom giant, e saw it i think, this is 100 yrs ago, so...

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Ariel (if I didn't say so already).

That's interesting, though I'm not quite seeing pointy ears on the second link?

It's uncanny how much that one titan looks like Eren. Could be a random one-off thing like the weird-eyed titan and some of the titans having shrivelled limbs though. Pointy ears on Ymir didn't seem to matter to Reiner and Bert, but it is a fact the ape and Eren both have them too.

Have you seen this thread (compilation of history/facts about titans), btw? Your post kind of relates to both this thread and that one.

New Reply
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast