Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: The Ape Titan is...

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...human-based.

64 58.18%
  • ...a pure titan.

46 41.82%
New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ape Titan (aka Big Foot)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ape Titan (aka Big Foot)

One thing is for certain: If this ape titan is a shifter, this is no ordinary person. From a literary perspective, the emphasis is on a couple of things...

1) Advanced ability to speak human language
    2) Advanced ability to climb walls
    3) Advanced ability to become an authority figure among the titans

No matter how you look at it, this thing is advanced.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Georgie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ape Titan and Other Titan Stats:
    I Find it hilarious and ridiculous that there is a “sexy” stat for the Female Titan and a “machismo” stat for the Armored Titan. Is this fo’ rill?
    Spoiler show

Source

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I laughed at the ridiculous "Machismo" and "Feral." There's no way those are legit lol

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hairy Titan: Intelligence 11/10. The smartest character in the manga...

Some stats are pretty funny: Christa's heavenliness, Mike's nose. Christa is a goddess, it's canon now. It means Titans are demons I understand the preacher now.

I am dead serious.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; May 31, 2013 at 08:08 AM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Berthold's self esteem?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible that Titan can be a viral based infection as well as a injected one. Maybe the scenes where his father was injecting him with a serum was not because he was aiming to turn him into a Titan but rather give him the means to control it and revert back to his original form if needed.

It's possible that the scientist made a mistake seeing as if I'm not mistaken apes are only 95-98% similar in DNA to humans, so that difference in DNA is what caused such a drastic change in the outcome of the experiment. I still say titans were a means to get rid of poverty and allow for eternal life, since Titans don't have to eat, but they eat other humans because of what they became as if to yearn back for that humanity, thinking that by consuming humans they would be able to regain their humanity.

The ape on the otherhand can speak and he is in control of his transformation and who he is, so for him he has no reason to have any malice and in a sense does lead a normal life. For the ape, he may just want to know the truth behind why he was changed into the form he is now, if he is the only ape to have gone through this, it would cause him heartbreak because he lost his family, he has no one to relate to. it's possible that the ape's main objective is to find the same serum used on him that changed him into what he is now, so that he can bring his species onto the same plane of existence as him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok but don't drive this to The Planet of Apes SnK version please... Just joking! Poor ape! Well... To my eyes he seems quietly indifferent, not sad or eager to find a cure to his mutation.

And as I said in another thread today's anime episode showed Eren's dad clearly say he injected Eren with a serum to permit him to transform into a titan to protect his friends and reach the basement.

Probably this ape titan is really an ape with the same serum injected... A smarty ape than cuz by author declaration his best skill is the intelligence.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

is this not an ape titan in the wall....
    Spoiler show

makes me think mr.ape titan got free/was released 5yrs ago when the wall was breached....

another thing,why would he want to take back 3Dgear if he is not capable of wearing it....so either he can transform to a smaller version of himself....or there has to be someone/something capable of using it.he is not alone....
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is that an ape titan if he has no hair?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe they are that different looking......

Spoiler show

But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe if you remove the fact that one of those creatures do not have skin and is a lot taller than the other, they'll look the same. The titan in the wall is more like the Colossal titan, in that it doesn't have developed skin. You can clearly see the absence of lips and developed cheek skin.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner anime1007's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello to all

First of all about the look,

I think that the Ape Titan is a anthropoid specifically a chimpanzee(chimp) so that he is a raw giant but with the effect of Evolution so that he can talk.

kinda like "Planet of the Apes"

I think that the Ape Titan is someone very Special because he can talk and is kinda like a leader.
    Also I think that he might be the origin of all Titans and the other Titans were descended from him.
    I think that the other titans are kind of dumb or kind of baby or little child, because they cannot control theirselves(just a few).
    In Chapter 35 page 34 I think the ape titan said to the little titan that he should hold(Mike Zakarius) but he ignored it or he not mentioned it and has wanted to eat him, this titan would be like a baby and the titan I mean which would be like a child on page 37 because he hasn´t done something until the Ape Titan told him that now he can...so this type of titan must understood what the ape titan said.

Also I think that the Ape Titan is dangerous because not on the first look/read but on the second you can see that on chapter 38 on page 37 Ymir,Bertholdt and Reiner are VERY shoked of seeing the Ape Titan also I think they have something to do with him or at least Bertholdt and Reiner because all of you know they can turn into a titan and they know as well what´s going on.

So I hope I haven´t forgot anything just my theory
    Last edited by anime1007; June 06, 2013 at 07:39 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner King Sinbad's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know enough to forum any kind of solid opinion, but I think he may have something to do with the origins of the titans, but only time will tell.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic180153_1.gif

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anime1007 View Post
    Hello to all

First of all about the look,

I think that the Ape Titan is a anthropoid specifically a chimpanzee(chimp) so that he is a raw giant but with the effect of Evolution so that he can talk.

kinda like "Planet of the Apes"

I think that the Ape Titan is someone very Special because he can talk and is kinda like a leader.
    Also I think that he might be the origin of all Titans and the other Titans were descended from him.
    I think that the other titans are kind of dumb or kind of baby or little child, because they cannot control theirselves(just a few).
    In Chapter 35 page 34 I think the ape titan said to the little titan that he should hold(Mike Zakarius) but he ignored it or he not mentioned it and has wanted to eat him, this titan would be like a baby and the titan I mean which would be like a child on page 37 because he hasn´t done something until the Ape Titan told him that now he can...so this type of titan must understood what the ape titan said.

Also I think that the Ape Titan is dangerous because not on the first look/read but on the second you can see that on chapter 38 on page 37 Ymir,Bertholdt and Reiner are VERY shoked of seeing the Ape Titan also I think they have something to do with him or at least Bertholdt and Reiner because all of you know they can turn into a titan and they know as well what´s going on.

So I hope I haven´t forgot anything just my theory

Welcome.

My post contains chapter 46 material, so beware! (it's out already by the way if you haven't seen it yet)

I think it's an interesting point you've picked up on, about that type of Titan understanding the Ape's speech.

I notice R & B are very surprised when they first hear that Wall Rose could have been destroyed:
    http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/35/3

Since they are the only two "wall destroyers" that we know of, there must be a ton of things running through their mind, like "wait, but we're here lol? who did that?"

That Ape then appears to them just like you've said, and again they look very very surprise, as if they know who the Ape is.

Reiner then suggests to Ymir, that she should know certain Titans can move at night, and some can't. This is after seeing the Ape around.

Ymir says the Ape is the culprit to the appearance of Titans this time round. It could be gauging their strength. I don't think the author would give a dialogue too off the board for Ymir to speak. My bold assumption is, there has to be some truth to what she says here. Also, let's assume the Titans really are originally the people from Connie's village, then the Ape has connection/ability/method to turning people into Titans (that can move about at night.)

R & B are after the Ape. If it's found, R & B can go home. R & B don't deny it. (Reiner asks Eren to go home with them after seeing the Ape, having not the need to continue with the mission.) And Ymir is definitely in the know, because when she's about to tell Eren who the real enemy is, Reiner stops her (meaning her views are probably correct.)

If killing R & B cannot end things, then that Ape is likely to be a deciding factor in the 'war' that could be going on currently.

Ymir's safety is not guaranteed. Does that mean the side she's on is the opposing side to R&B's? If this 'world' doesn't have a future, are they talking about humanity? Then why did they mention saving Christa? and how? Assuming humanity doesn't have a future, does saving her mean turning her into a Titan? if so, who can do that? The Ape???

Sorry for being incoherent in my ideas, just random points that could be interesting and be answered if anyone felt like it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Ape titan is simply ape transformed, why the hell would it speak human?
    I think that his appereance it's just the author telling us something, for example, that he is the the primeval, true, original titan, very much unlike the titan shifters and mindless titans.

It's also interesting to notice how author didn't want to give away the importance of this character right away, in his physical appereance.
    For comparisom:
    http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/35/43
    And in the latest chapter(46) after his importance was revealed..
    http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapte...ter_46/page_36

Hmm, and that first picture, he said "what an interesting thing they invented". They as in, humans? Which would again support the idea that he is a race of its own, a true titan.

New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast