Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: The Ape Titan is...

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...human-based.

64 58.18%
  • ...a pure titan.

46 41.82%
New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ape Titan (aka Big Foot)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ape Titan (aka Big Foot)

That Ape Titan...I need some music to think about this./BGM-Endless Nine

Climbing or crossing over the wall....
    At first it makes one wonder why it does so, if I see him for what he is it makes sense being an Ape.
    But that's way too easy and lacks an actual explanation.

Flipping over the chessboard:
    By climbing over, there is no breach in the wall, yet Titans got in.Humanity is in uproar cause they believe the wall is breached sending the Stationary Guards.
    Upon investigation, no breach was noted.
    In other words, if word got out Titans got in, Humanity would of course believe there is a breach and it's only natural people are sent out.

Yet at the same time, if there is no breach, then that means the Titans haven't gotten in from the outside but from within the walls.
    I flip the board again.
    That Titan is one of high intelligence, it should know it can't do much alone even without knowledge of the gear, so climbing over by itself makes no sense unless it actually knows it has a chance.

So that Ape must have come up with a plan to be able to take on Humanity.

The Titans came from within the walls and the Ape acts like their boss.

Ok something like this:

The Ape Titan climbed the walls for the reason of there being no breach, he somehow managed to turn Humans into Titans to attack from within and make Humanity believe there is a breach.
    This sends out stationary guard, afterall they guard the walls, at the same time, those Titans as we saw are taking the soldiers apart.
    If it wasn't for Ymir, they'd all be dead.I daresay a half-titan is something the Ape didn't calculate.
    The stationary guards need their time to arrive, we saw what happened, Nanaba,Mike,Rene all died.
    If it wasn't for Ymir, the majority of the Titans would still be on the loose and could have picked apart the Stationary Guards weakening Humanity cause as said, the Ape climbs over Walls, Stationary Guards guard the Walls.
    Mikasa,Hanji and Eren came in, yet that really was by chance timing.

Just my two cents on this.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well...i like your post...but annie also climb the walls...this is not a trait that the ape titan only possesses...
    (ex.eren in recent chaps)

my point of bring up the walled in titans was...how did humans manage it and who were these colossal titans from 100yrs ago.

i'm thinking the walled titans are apetype titans and humans managed to build/manufacture/create titan suits from the ape titans to fight the ape titans..

annie seemed like she was in control of the titans also...but in reality she was only making the herd stampede the humans...i feel the ape titan did the same thing in this castle invasion.
    in the instance were he talked to the titan before killing it doesn't exactly show or say that it understood him...that may be why it continued to attack...idk

to me...it seems as if this ape titan is on a whole other level than eren and annie

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    well...i like your post...but annie also climb the walls...this is not a trait that the ape titan only possesses...
    I'm not saying it is, I'm saying the reason why it did.
    Last edited by Beatrice; May 07, 2013 at 04:20 AM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on his behavior he definitely is not like eren or the others.... My first thought was that animals were being transformed into versions of titans however that stopped making sense when he did not actually look entirely deformed or mutated as normal titans. More so, he was able to speak although he didn't seem entirely sure of doing it right which indicates he is not very familiar with humans as a whole. Perhaps this guy is the origin of titans? Maybe the manga just takes place in a distopic future and monsters from legends of the past are simply early titans which were too few to be properly documented. Slenderman could easily be a titan lol.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Slenderman?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Google search the word slenderman and you will see what I am talking about.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha.
    I missed your LOL than you were simply joking sorry

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At first I thought the Titan King was Eren's dad, but now I don't think it is human, because it asked Mike what the 3D maneuver gear was, implying it didn't already know. Not only that, but the titans did not try to eat him. If it was a human, it would have known the basics and would have been attacked by other titans. I also think the Reiner clan is actually a rebel group with different intentions than the Titan king and the other fodder titans, because Armin pointed out the titans go after them too. So really, this creature may in fact be the first titan.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really concerned about the fact the Ape Titan can leap in logic when it links the "design of the sword" with "humans have an idea what's inside the nape of their neck." That's quite a lot of steps of thinking in between. Later on, it also heads straight for a high point and launches bits of the wall at Historia and co. from such a long distance. These are certainly at least human level of intelligence and maybe even above the average human.

During its first appearance, it is also seen attempting to communicate with the tiny titan in human language (and later squash because it wasn't obeying him.) Though the command doesn't get through, I expect most titans know human language because I presume the lot of them are former humans. Especially when Connie gets greeted with "Welcome back" from the disabled titan. But with this, if the Ape Titan really weren't human to begin with, I don't doubt a certain human faction is cooperating with 'pure' titans for mutual gains. After all, there's bound to be somebody tampering with human-titan experiments, and the Ape is seen being a 'boss' character giving commands to the resulted species. As for its lack of knowledge for current technology, I won't go too deep into it for now because there are many excuses that can fix this loophole.

Edit: The bit where Ape Titan mentions "humans knowing what's in the nape of the neck," if anyone has the original Japanese dialogue I'd love to see it. The translation I read currently says "the nape of our neck," but I'm not too sure if the word "our" was used in the first place (a lot of times the Japanese omit possessive nouns.) Just want to see if there are any evidence showing whether the Ape Titan considers himself the same as the average Titan we've seen up til now.
    Last edited by Utsune; May 24, 2013 at 09:28 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

been talking evangelion with some guys...kinda reminds me of this....

maybe the apetitan is like angels in evangelion...original/s.where titans like eren,ymir,bert and reiner are like the eva units....living breathings mechs.but in this case....they can regenerate...

the apetitan may not have this ability...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The ape titan is a human from outside the walls which is why he did not know what the 3D gear was and is also the reason he asked if they were speaking the same language to that guy.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

He seems a bit retarded to be a common human from outside the walls. Especially since one of the most notable human feeling is FEAR while he actually move quietly into unknown enemy battleground like an idiot and try to ask strangers stupid things like the one about 3d gear nope?

Reiner & Co., humans from outside the walls, were a LOT cautious and they have infiltrated for a long time before reveal their true nature. This is as a normal intelligent human act.

Imo Ape Titan is a "pure titan" or an ape titan-shifter, nothing "ordinary" as Reiner & Co.
    Last edited by teioh; May 28, 2013 at 09:34 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would he be scared when there's only one human?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teioh View Post
    He seems a bit retarded to be a common human from outside the walls. Especially since one of the most notable human feeling is FEAR while he actually move quietly into unknown enemy battleground like an idiot and try to ask strangers stupid things like the one about 3d gear nope?

Reiner & Co., humans from outside the walls, were a LOT cautious and they have infiltrated for a long time before reveal their true nature. This is as a normal intelligent human act.

Imo Ape Titan is a "pure titan" or an ape titan-shifter, nothing "ordinary" as Reiner & Co.
    If he is a ape titan-shifter, it would be weird because he can speak. I am starting to think that he is a prehistoric man who became titan-shifter and learned human language....
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ape/Prehistoric man more or less is the same thing for what i meant. And it's not a problem for an ape to speak WHILE he's the result of an experiment gone wrong.
    Quote Quote:
    Why would he be scared when there's only one human?
    If he's a human with shifter powers that move above the walls to scout the inner side he would act more cautiously instead he was acting like he couldn't care less about all. For example if Eren and Ymir had joined the forces and shift into titan form to attack him it would have been a dangerous situation for the ape titan.

For me he's an animal/not too much intelligent being and he's not from a human environment or civilized place.

New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast