Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: The Ape Titan is...

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...human-based.

64 58.18%
  • ...a pure titan.

46 41.82%
New Reply
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ape Titan (aka Big Foot)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ape Titan (aka Big Foot)

OK Guys, this is about the Ape Titan not about Races, Color or anything like that.Keep it on Topic and save that discussion for PM.

Just gonna drop this here:
    Quote Quote:
    Ingemar Nordgren regards the first Guðmundr as "a cult-god" and his son, the Guðmundr of the sagas, as portraying him in theriomorphic form,
    Quote Quote:
    Therianthropy refers to the metamorphosis of humans into animals Therianthropes are said to change forms via shapeshifting.
    Most popular example:
    Werewolves who can cause others to become one as well per curse or affliction.
    Highly implied the Ape Titan is turning Humans to Titans.

Furthermore, a Werewolf?

Last edited by Beatrice; September 14, 2013 at 09:22 AM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

So back to topic.

How does the Ape turn people into Titans?

I mean it´s not like he´s walking around with a two meter tall syringe full of God-knows-what and inject people. and I don´t think it´s gas either since that would spread to the rest.

Maybe he is licking people like stamps and they turn from his saliva?

Or maybe he goes humanoid first, sneak in to their houses like a burglar and infect them that way?

Or maybe he was the one that smashed the houses to get the people out and infect them.

Or maybe his mere existence is enough to make you into a titan? kind of like a force field.
    I mean he was never close to any character except for Mike and his titan got killed by Ymir in the latest chapter.

Maybe he is a contagion?

Maybe the air he breaths out is the transmitter? He just lurk down next to a window, breathe and moves on to the next while the thing takes effect?

(going random here.)

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Beatrice's comment makes me wonder if he just took a good bite out of each of them and that turned them under the full moon, werewolf style.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    So back to topic.

I mean it´s not like he´s walking around with a two meter tall syringe full of God-knows-what and inject people. and I don´t think it´s gas either since that would spread to the rest.
    I think he probably emits the agent via steam from his body. Seeing how everyone in Connie's village turned titan at the same time, it has to be transmitted through air.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    So back to topic.

Maybe he is licking people like stamps and they turn from his saliva?

Or maybe he goes humanoid first, sneak in to their houses like a burglar and infect them that way?

Or maybe he was the one that smashed the houses to get the people out and infect them.

Or maybe his mere existence is enough to make you into a titan? kind of like a force field.
    I mean he was never close to any character except for Mike and his titan got killed by Ymir in the latest chapter.

Maybe he is a contagion?

Maybe the air he breaths out is the transmitter? He just lurk down next to a window, breathe and moves on to the next while the thing takes effect?

(going random here.)
    another possiblity is it might be able to regurgitate some substance onto a victim. howver the reaction is unstable, as some titans are create far too deformed to function.

actually i have a theory on what those titans were. i think they might be Titan Shifters, or some primitive variant. by what has been revealed it seems that a titan shifter goes insane and is mentally no different than a titan for a time after their transformation, based on ymir's story and the other titan shifter's reaction. maybe whatever turned the three foregin shifters into titans was devised from the ape titan's method.and they are more refined variant.
    look at ymir's titan form. she is at least sixty years old chronologically, and she physically is smaller and more malformed, though in a way that gives her an incredible advantage. could simply be that the thing she stole was something like a early stage development, more powerful and deadly than normal titans yet still unstable.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

.....i think that it could simply be possible that the ape titan is able to force himself to move at night. most titans stop moving because they are powered by the sun, and their animals minds would not allow them to move through exhaustion. the ape titan himself might have the will to force himself to move despite it, and is aware that he can move more easily at night.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Mangahelpers That's my first post and it's bugging me from a while, so let's begin

Do you not think that Ape Titan might be a Titan Shifter?
    Why do I ask that question, it's because of this, here:
    As you can see ape titan can speak, right?

here as well:
    as you can see the dialogue boxes are directed in Reiner side so it means he is also able to speak through his titan form.

here is another prove:
    Ymir able to speak through her titan form.
    What do you think about that?

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spayk View Post
    Hello Mangahelpers That's my first post and it's bugging me from a while, so let's begin
    Hey welcome to the forum dude

To be honest when I first read the manga, I thought the titans were aliens who couldn't speak human languages. So being able to communicate with humans really suggests to me they have a very strong relation to humans e.g. they're humans themselves... There are two other instances when Titans speak in human tongue but are not "shifters" as we know it (the Ilse incident and Connie's mom-look-alike.)

Although I very much like to say (in accordance with what you've said) Titans become more and more capable at speech over time (with experience,) the Connie's mom-look-alike incident really throws me off. But ignoring that, the Ape Titan could be a very very old shifter, and it hasn't returned to human form for many many decades. But there could be more to it. It seems like it treats its titan body as its real body (evident when it was disgusted by the blood on its hand, and that it scratched it head...... I can't imagine Eren titan scratching his head. I can't imagine any of the shifters we currently know would be disgusted by getting blood on their titan hands... The Ape definitely seems like something different. I do insist it is human-based though.) Who knows?

I'm not too sure about Reiner speaking though, those look like thought bubbles to me than speech bubbles

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spayk View Post

Do you not think that Ape Titan might be a Titan Shifter?
    Why do I ask that question, it's because of this, here:

As you can see ape titan can speak, right?

here as well:

as you can see the dialogue boxes are directed in Reiner side so it means he is also able to speak through his titan form.

here is another prove:

Ymir able to speak through her titan form.
    What do you think about that?
    I have a feeling that the ape-titan is some kind of old shifter who hasn't been human for decades. Or a specifically made one like the armored and colossal. How he commands other titans in the first place will be interesting to know.
    What also creeped me out was the "humans? Watch me" when he attacked the castle assuming that was him saying it. http://mangafox.me/manga/shingeki_no...039/3.html :// Along with the fact that his attack on the castle just felt like he was doing it for the lulz with no real objective makes me think he's something high-up/powerful.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the 1st guide book he is cruel so it doesn't surprise me. I think he is a old titan who was inactive(hibernation?) for years or he is amnesiac. I think there is a method to tame titans or something, he spoke the same language to them after all. Maybe titans can evolve too, even if Eren and co can transform they are not able to speak. And the fact it's an ape makes it more intriguing since their DNA is similar to ours.

EDIT: What if there was something like hierarchy among the titans?
    Last edited by Demonspeed; September 23, 2013 at 04:42 AM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member mikasaaa's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

So... should we relate these facts

1. RBA decided to kidnap Eren at all costs after seeing him transform
    2. Reiner and Bertholdt apparently fanboyed over the Ape Titan when they saw him
    3. The Ape Titan is somehow the key to RBA returning to their hometown

to the fact that Titan!Eren and the Ape Titan are the only two titans with pointy ears we've seen so far? So Eren is in the same league with as Ape Titan - Pointy-eared-class titans? What did Grisha Jaeger do to his son and how is he related to the Ape Titan?
    Last edited by mikasaaa; September 23, 2013 at 02:31 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ymir also has the pointy ears and they didn't care about her (except for the fact her titan ate Berik). ^_^

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member mikasaaa's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Ymir also has the pointy ears and they didn't care about her (except for the fact her titan ate Berik). ^_^
    You're right! Still, she confessed she 'stole' the titan power from the Warriors... and I get the feeling that Grisha did the same giving it to Eren. Maybe their powers come from the same 'source'? These pointy ears still bug me, haha.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikasaaa View Post
    So... should we relate these facts

1. RBA decided to kidnap Eren at all costs after seeing him transform
    2. Reiner and Bertholdt apparently fanboyed over the Ape Titan when they saw him
    3. The Ape Titan is somehow the key to RBA returning to their hometown

to the fact that Titan!Eren and the Ape Titan are the only two titans with pointy ears we've seen so far? So Eren is in the same league with as Ape Titan - Pointy-eared-class titans? What did Grisha Jaeger do to his son and how is he related to the Ape Titan?
    R/B only revealed themselves to Eren after they no longer needed to destroy the walls (and after they saw Ape boy). I have a feeling that them wanting Eren is the key to their mission, and them not needing to destroy the walls was because of Ape-titan appearing.

Ymir also has pointy ears and she "stole" the Titan power, I think this means that shifters that got their power from the serum are like that. We know Eren did, what other way can you physically "steal" Titan power.

I think Ape-Titan showed up to give a sign to R/B to return or something. My theory that he was in the forest after Eren fought Annie would support that.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikasaaa View Post
    You're right! Still, she confessed she 'stole' the titan power from the Warriors... and I get the feeling that Grisha did the same giving it to Eren. Maybe their powers come from the same 'source'? These pointy ears still bug me, haha.
    I think you're perfectly within reason to pick up the pointy ears observation, I agree with you very very much. I would relate it more to Ymir though. Not only pointy ears, Ymir and Ape (1) obviously don't look too human-like (not as much as others at least, Ymir is the only one with sharp claws, Ape is the only one with body hair,) (2) have canine/shark teeth, (2) can speak. This is really really bugging me. Perhaps they're the same class (a special kind of Titan? the older form of Titan? Have been Titan for a long time?) or have the same origin. Remember, Ymir's form is at least 60 years old.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

EDIT: Also, this makes Eren possibly a special one as well, especially since RBA have decided he is important......

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member lasso's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Other Difference between RBA titan forms and Eren titan form (also Ymir and Ape), No skin. they bulid up a titan form but no skin, Maybe that adds to the fact they're not as pure as Eren, Ape and Ymir titans.

What if RBA are modified Titans, to do specific things, Bert 50m class to break the wall, Annie the ability to gather titans, Reiner the ability to engage the enemy.

What if grisha was responsible for creating those specific titans, we saw him after the first invasion of the walls riding a cart, maybe it contains the bodys of RBA after they finished their missions, we all know they were young and can't possibly withstand the transformation side-effects like what's happening now.

My own speculation is the Ape titan and Grisha are connected somehow. And the Ape titan is originally a human.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast