Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will live up to the eye-patch and be awesome

9 52.94%
  • He will still be CC by the end of the arc (alive)

2 11.76%
  • Everybody is a dropoff after Shigekuni Yamamoto

1 5.88%
  • He will get defeated by Bach

2 11.76%
  • He will team up with Ukitake to face Bach

1 5.88%
  • He will face the professor SR again and win

1 5.88%
  • Other (Mention)

1 5.88%
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the next Captain Commander?

From the current list of captains, Unohana and Shunsui would be the obvious choices, with Unohana being the preferred choice. However I suspect she would choose Shunsui over herself, believing him to be the better option. What I believe is going to happen is that word of SS's downfall will reach the Royal Family and the Zero Division and they will send a temporary replacement for the 1st Division until SS get's back on track and a reliable leader can be found for them.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

If people think that Shunsui is unfittable to be a Captain, than obviously Hitsugaya can't be a Captain as he is too hot-tempered and rushes in without thinking mostly. He was toyed by Aizen way too easily. Also he doesn't seem to be there in terms of strength. Shunsui is way stronger.

We might as well see Zero Squad coming in some time with some sort of replacement for Captain Commander's position. Though the guy should at least be more or less around Yama's level.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Unohana is an obvious choice. While Yamamoto represents war and fire, she represents peace and balance. She's also the oldest shinigami in SS as for now, as well as somebody even Kyoraku and Ukitake are afraid of. Of course, it would all depend on how things go from now on; anything is possible. But for now, she's perfect.

If not, maybe Hirako is a good choice. He's an hybrid, and therefore he could become a symbol of peace between Shinigami and Hollows. Ukitake doesn't seem half bad, but I doubt it'd be Kyoraku. Too unfitting.

It's a shame it won't be Komamura. Only being in SS who is worth calling a true captain of his men.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, some more arguments after mine have been noted down, so, may I humbly make a comment on those, too?

I cannot see Urahara as a Captain-Commander. Not even if he was already a captain. That's because Urahara, in the first hand, was never suited to be a leader of a squad, let alone be the leader of Gotei 13. It's not that he lacked the strength or intellect, but it's because he was / is way too care-free even under tough conditions. It doesn't actually hurt his status as a powerful Shinigami, in fact, his laid-back attitude allows him to be a lot more comfortable on his own than he was as part of a squad.
    Urahara was banished from SS around a century ago. When Aizen's plans were revealed, it also made it evident that accusations for Urahara, Tessai, and of course, Yoruichi were to be dropped. It must be exactly like that or else Vaizard captains wouldn't make their ways back to SS. So, why didn't Urahara opt to make a return, too? Just before his position was filled with Mayuri? To some extent, yes, because he already thinks that he isn't really needed there as a researcher in the first hand, and also, no, because if he was that willing to go back to being a regular Shinigami, he would still choose to do so.

Let's assume that Aizen wasn't imprisoned at this point. Even so, his personal traits and his arrogant way of Shinigami often traps his intellect inside and this isn't really fitting to be a Captain-Commander.

I'm willing to stick to this personality thing over strength at this point. Let's face it. However as strong as senior captains are, they are light years behind Captain-Commander's strength.
    I have already said something on senior captains, so, let me wrap it up by mentioning other captains for this matter.

Soifon would be a really wrong selection even if she had more strength because she isn't really caring about his subordinates (okay, a bold assumption, but if she's treating his VC like trash, I cannot imagine her being any better with her unseated subordinates, really) and that's a terrible trait to have.
    Out of three Vaizard captains, Kensei's manner looks like the most appropriate one, but I doubt any of the trio has enough temperance to deal with chaotic situations.
    It may sound funny for some of you in this forum, but from what I have seen and understood from the entire story, Komamura would be a good choice. Remember that I have already bypassed the strength qualification for the entirety of this post, so, it's just about his personality. Though, much of his resistance and stance was a symbol of his loyalty to Captain-Commander himself, so, his character may suffer a depression in a way or another.
    Hitsugaya is a genius, and his status as a genius is approved by his fellow captains, too. But he needs at least another century of experience to calm down. For the record, he's still way too sensitive about being addressed properly, probably because he feels a bit weird about becoming a captain at such a young age. But time will definitely hone the sharp points of his personality, too.
    Kenpachi. Oh, well. If Kenpachi was the Captain-Commander, the term "negotiation" would definitely be left out of the dictionaries in Seireitei. I'd clearly make sure that none of that 11th Squad guys' names would ever be thrown into the hat for such a matter.
    Mayuri has great intellect, in fact, he's on par with Urahara. But just like Urahara, his personality would cause huge trouble. No, it would be even worse. Too many cases with death sentence desired would fall on the way of Central 46.

Byakuya, provided he's somehow alive, would make somewhat of a fitting replacement. A barely speaking noble figure with a scary attitude is as good as it can get. Then again, being a noble himself, Byakuya would probably reject the task even if he was offered and ask for a senior as the replacement. This is not limited to only Byakuya's noble blood, however. It'd probably be the case with most of the other captains, too, so that they'll be unwilling to go out of order and take the task.

All in all, not only just for their experience and strength, but also for their personal traits, too, the senior captains are the best options to go with at the moment.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Sky Render
    I seriously doubt Hirako can become Captain Commander even in his thoughts. Even that he was able to return to being a Captain was already a big gift, cause SS seems to dislike Hollows and Hybrids, so the reestablished Central 46 should not be pleased with this and I seriously doubt that Zero Squad will be too pleased as well about such a fact, so no.
    Also he is considerably weaker than Shunsui. And he is considerably younger and doesn't have that much impact on others in SS and he was of for 100 years, so I doubt he has any chances.

The only three who currently have chances are Shunsui, Unohana and Ukitake (in this order). As they are the oldest and the most experienced and have the most impact on Captains, Leutanants and the entire SS and have the most power aside from Kenpachi.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

@Hakuteiken: I personally think that Aizen's personality is pretty much the same as Yama, except for that he is much calmer, which makes him even a better candidate of being CC (they are both arrogant...). I'm just saying that he fits the role of CC, of course the other char would never let him be one.

Same for Urahara, he doesn't want to be CC but he has the quality of one. It is not an assumption that he is strong. He excels in all area of combat. He was a member of the omnitsukido, which makes him very good at Hakuda and shunpo. We've seen his kido in action, he've also created unique kido to seal Aizen and he can also do kido combos too. His swordsmanship is also notable, he was able to negate attacks, which require extremely god observation, precision, and judgement. None other char other than Aizen and Yamamoto has shown to be excels in all 4 of the area of combat like him.

Like I said, the CC's position is not just about strength, it is being the symbol of SS it self. The one who is the CC must be omniscient of SS's history and have a strong attachment to it. To put it simply, he must be the first one to pop in everybody's mind when the word SS is spoken of. At this point, only the senior captains are likely to have that effect. That is also what Aizen and Urahara lack.
    Last edited by River_Capulet; October 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

If I have forgotten someone worthy of the seat, please mention here and I will add to the opening post.

I will shortlist the candidates in my view:

Retsu Unohana - 4th Division

She is very composed and always looks a motherly figure to me. We also know from the databooks that she is immensely strong.

Shinji Hirako - 5th Division

One of the oldest captains, matured and always felt like a leader to me. I will admit, he has a very slim chance but its worth mentioning.

Shunsui Kyoraku - 8th Division

I am one of those person who believe people change with responsibilities. Shunsui as carefree as he seems, looks to me a suitable candidate for this spot. Believed to be very very strong.

Jushiro Ukitake - 13th Division

One of the most powerful captains, mature and calm. His sickness imposes a doubt though.

Urahara Kisuke

He is one of the guys I really want to see as a captain. Intellectual of highest calibre, very powerful and a strategist. He always seems to be in control of what he is doing.

Kurosaki Isshin

Another one of those person, who can be a CC. I think he posses all the skills and has all the tools to be a CC. As someone pointed out earlier, he will not accept the position because he has two girls to look after. If Vandenreich is able defeat Zero Division and dethrones SS King, the balance will be interrupted. There is no guarantee for the safety of KT or any other place, not be invaded by Vandenreich. So, the implications are far more dire and seeing the bigger picture, he should not turn down the position.

Yoruichi Shihoin

From one of the house of nobles, she has strength, experience and leadership qualities.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess my primary pick would be Isshin. We know he's immensely powerful and I believe he's as old as the senior captains. He has two daughters but they're old enough to take care of themselves and Ichigo will be with them. Inoue lives alone after all, doesn't she? If not, my second pick is Unohana. She's the oldest captain now, she's respected by other captains and she was hinted to be powerful. Being CC doesn't prevent her from healing other people when necessary, I think she's ideally suited to the job.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd probably go for Unohana. She has the seniority, experience, skill, and standing to become CC. Her primary competitors are Ukitake and Kyoraku. Ukitake is eternally ill, it seems, and Kyoraku would probably be rather uninterested in the post. Unohana also seems to put forth that aura of power without actually trying, which is particularly helpful for a post such as CC.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Ukitake
    2) Shunsui
    3) Unohana

These are my three. I would prefer an unknown if not one of them. Shunsui would be a good candidate because the way I see it, while all learned something, and probably sparred with Yama-ji, Shunsui and Ukitake were more or less his first students and we see in the last chapter that Shunsui knew Yama-ji on a personal level not just a superior/subordinate level. That being said it's safe to assume that Yama-ji's will and ideals will definitely be carried on by Shunsui. Only thing is he's lazy LOL.

Unohana is a good choice because i like the way she treats her subordinates. However, she hasn't been in any battles for me to guess if in the future she can make the hard decisions.

Ukitake IMO is the best candidate. Despite his illness he's still strong. He may not be as strong as Shunsui or even Unohana due to his illness but leaders aren't chosen for just strength. I mean yeah I doubt soldiers would follow a weak leader into battle, but illness or not he has good character. I mean take the Rukia rescue, he did not hesitate to go save his subordinate and that goes a loooonnngggg way for loyalty and morale. Sun Tzu said, "Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons and they will follow you into the deepest valley." So i think his soldiers would compensate for whatever ability his illness impairs.
    Last edited by Bajan4eva1; October 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Strength alone is not enough to become a Commanding General, it also requires intelligence, discipline, leadership, and responsibility. Yamamoto had all these, so he was the best suited for the position, but since he retired with a 3/4th pay just recently, the position must be taken by the second best leader.

Possible candidates:
    Soifon: Just like Yamamoto, she has an unfaltering sense of order and justice, and for 100 she worked to become what could be considered a staple of professionalism.
    Rose: ? Apparently he was accepted very quickly by his squad, and he was responsible for an inside tradition that was mentioned in an omake.
    Unohana: Over a millennium of experience as captain and a disturbing sense of order. Feared and respected by everybody else.
    Byakuya: Disciplined and responsible. He's from royalty so his presence would be welcomed. Should be a suitable candidate as soon as he returns from his vacation.
    Komamura: He's a taller version of Yamamoto. Excellent leader and very responsible. His subordinates would kill themselves and then raise from the dead if he commanded them to.
    Hitsugaya: Although he's young, he's been doing his job as a captain really well. He's always seen working and was for the most part disciplined.
    Tessai: He takes his job at the candy store very seriously. As the CC he would lead Soul Society to an unprecedented era of prosperity.

But that's where it ends.
    Shinji is a no because he wasn't very careful or disciplined as a captain. The reason why the whole Aizen ordeal happened was because he wasn't very good at his job as a leader.
    Not enough knowledge regarding Kensei to decide. He seemed to be competent, but his role during TBtP was short.
    Shunsui is strong but irresponsible. He spends most of his time sleeping or harassing his vice captain.
    Kenpachi: Pffft.
    Mayuri is very responsible but not much of a leader. He would decline the spot in favor of his experiments anyway.
    Ukitake is much more of a leader than Shunsui, but he's always sick and has to spend most of the day sleeping, and ofter he can't even attend official meetings.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for making this forum, Thornofcarrion. much appreciation.

I had much time to think about this and I selected a few current captains with great potential for being the next Captain Commander of the Gotei 13. Before I list them, I think that this position alone has to gain all 13 members's respect and you have to be someone that shows true potential in leadership. Basically, if Kenpachi respects you, then you have a good start. lol.

1. Captain Unohana Retsu.

Besides being the second oldest member of the Gotei 13 and head of the 4th division that deals in medicine and reiatsu, this alone makes her a very important candidate. I think she definitely has Shunsui and Ukitake's respect as well as the others. Plus, her resolve is unknown, but I think she has a fear over most that comes from great respect of her dedication to the organization for so many years. Unohana's full potential has been kept a mystery by Kubo and most people do not know what she's capable of in a real fight. Especially if, she's forced to put her own life on the line for Soul Society as did the Captain Commander. Unohana would have my vote.

2. Captain Hitsugaya Toushirou

Many of you will disagree, but just hear me out. Hitsugaya is the youngest of the Gotei 13 and I believe that, when he reaches the same level of experience and strength that Yamamoto did, he'll be a perfect leader. Hitsugaya has complete control of water and all forms that go with it and there is many, many possibilities for his power to evolve and grow. To me, Hitsugaya's power is established, but does has much room for improvement like Ichigo's own. When new members join the Gotei 13 and others retire, die or get promoted or whatever, I think, Hitsugaya will become the next General Commander.

3. Ichigo Kurosaki

Okay, let's face it. As of right now, Ichigo could be the next General Commander, but I don't think it can be allowed because of his bloodline being half human. All members of the Gotei 13 have no traces of human heritage and I believe there is a reason for that specific law. Maybe Kubo, will dwell on this a little in the long run. Ichigo has great potential much like Hitsugaya to lead a new generation of Gotei 13 members for the next 100 plus years. However, I could be wrong about the human thing, I mean, Rose, Kensei and Shinji are Vaizards and are members of the Gotei 13. So maybe, the rules will change depending on the gravity of SS's situation.

-Shunsui and Ukitake are equally skilled and share a long history with one another. I just however, cannot see either one of them wanting to take over Yama-ji's position out of respect for him as their former students. Plus, Shunsui is just too laid back and lacks the discipline to a degree to be in charge of the 1st division and Commanding the Gotei 13. Ukitake is currently still struggling with his illness and most likely, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the next major character to die, fighting the Quincy. Hell, he nearly died fighting the Arrancars and they are nothing compared to the Quincies.

That's my thoughts on this so far.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    2. Captain Hitsugaya Toushirou

Many of you will disagree, but just hear me out. Hitsugaya is the youngest of the Gotei 13 and I believe that, when he reaches the same level of experience and strength that Yamamoto did, he'll be a perfect leader. Hitsugaya has complete control of water and all forms that go with it and there is many, many possibilities for his power to evolve and grow. To me, Hitsugaya's power is established, but does has much room for improvement like Ichigo's own. When new members join the Gotei 13 and others retire, die or get promoted or whatever, I think, Hitsugaya will become the next General Commander.
    "when he reaches the same level of experience and strength", there is no doubt he would be very qualified. but CC is already needed. they can't afford to wait another hundred years to choose the next CC.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

The three possibilities I see are:

1) Yamamoto eventually comes back somehow
    2) Shunsui
    3) Unohana

I think it will be Toshiro eventually, but based on what Shunsui was saying about him during the fight with Stark, I'm not sure Toshiro is first in line here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toran
    Kenpachi: Pffft.
    LOVE THAT !

The most obvious choice would be Unohana.And her only competitors would be Shunsui and Ukitake.Anyhow,even if they are senior captains,they are still miles away from Yama-jii's power,so my guess is that Squad 0 will drop someone as old as Yama-jii and possibly from the old Gotei 13 as the CC.

New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast