Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will live up to the eye-patch and be awesome

9 52.94%
  • He will still be CC by the end of the arc (alive)

2 11.76%
  • Everybody is a dropoff after Shigekuni Yamamoto

1 5.88%
  • He will get defeated by Bach

2 11.76%
  • He will team up with Ukitake to face Bach

1 5.88%
  • He will face the professor SR again and win

1 5.88%
  • Other (Mention)

1 5.88%
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the next Captain Commander?

I don't think we'd get anyone for the position yet(not until the War is over atleast) but hey, lets look at the list of characters who may become the new CC.

Sui-Feng - 2nd Division: Forgive me if this is too blunt but there is no way she's getting the spot. She lacks the power, reiatsu, charisma & age to get the position. Plus she already has a responsibility as the queen of the stealth force & etc.

Rojuro Otoribashi - 3rd Division: I'd imagine he won't be interested(AT ALL), plus I don't think he's strong enough to command SS.

Retsu Unohana - 4th Division: The best person for the post IMO. Ever since she was first introduced, I thought if Yamamoto died, she would take over. She has the power, intellect, experence & charisma.

Shinji Hirako - 5th Division: The leader of the vizards right? I just don't see such a guy as leader of SS though ^_^ .

Sajin Komamura - 7th Division: He would have been, simply put the PERFECT MAN FOR THE JOB but his lack of power, reiatsu & abilities is what really prevents him.

Shunsui Kyoraku - 8th Division: Another candidate for the Job. He doesn't seem interested in the position though, plus he agreed with Ukatake that non can replace Yamamoto yet. Still, the died of Yamamoto could make him rise up to the responsibility.

Kensei Muguruma - 9th Division: NO!

Toshiro Hitsugaya - 10th Division: Give him 100+ to develop his abilities & gain more experence then he may be considered. But for now, this kid ain't bossing around dudes literally 500x his age lol.

Kenpachi Zaraki - 11th Division: He's not leaving what he loves doing(slicing and dicing people) to then sit on his butt. Kenpachi will never accept that.

Mayuri Kurotsuchi - 12th Division: SS would be in caos if he led it. He is simply a science freak who would do things Yamamoto may have prevented him from doing but him being CC would mean, non can oppose him.

Jushiro Ukitake - 13th Division: He is another PERFECT MAN to lead SS. He has the experence, abilities, smarts & power. Though he is very ill.

Kurosaki Isshin: He's got his own responsibility as a father of 3 children( OK..Ichigo can take care of himself but he is still the father regardless).

Urahara Kisuke: If he had more power backing him up, I think he would be much greater than Yamamoto. He is a good candidate for the post.

Yoruichi Shihoin: She doesn't look like a leader of SS. She got the power(though not enough) but she has yet shown any implications of being the queen of SS.

Kurosaki Ichigo: Never! He's got the power, reiatsu, battle experence & intelligence, charisma & rep but he is simply HUMAN of the age 17. Plus I don't think he's intelligent enough to govern SS. He wouldn't be interested in the position either.
    With that being said, I think he will play a significant role as a leader somehow in this War.
    Last edited by Kay3795; October 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Realistically speaking not one of the characters we know could ever be more than mediocre for the job. Whoever Does this has to be every bit as awesome as yama was. Whoever actually does this is going to be the boss of Kenny and mayuri neither of which is easy to control. Can we even imagine anyone in the squads giving three captains a spanking and getting away with it?

Overall:

Soifon: She is quite capable and perhaps her naturally brutal personality (when it comes to fighting) would make her adequate for the job but overall she lacks strength and is perhaps a tad young. Half the current captains were already captains by the time she was only a VC. I can't see her controlling the other captains, I doubt she could even stop kyoraku from sexually harassing her.

Rose: His personality plainly does not fit the CC persona. He cares too much about being artistic and overall he plainly does not command the respect the captain commander should. He was newly appointed as captain during the TBPA so perhaps he too is a tad young.

Unohana: She commands respect however as awesome as she might potentially be she is without a doubt not strong enough for the job. On top of that her job as doctor of the squads is too important.

Shinji: He is perhaps among the older captains and worked as a psedo leader of the vizards however I don't see him having the strength to do this.

Byakuya: I think he would fit the job to some extent. He has a similar temper to the old captain commander and I do think his personality would work well here. The issue would perhaps be his youth, he has not been a captain for more than a few decades and I doubt he could control the other captains. If the other captains weren't so unstable he would be perfect safe for the strength department.

Komamura: He perhaps has the attitude for the job however I don't see him controlling anyone or commanding much respect. He would lack a decent bit in the strength department too.

Kyoraku: Most likely one of the stronger captains and the manga has pointed out he is excellent at seeing the true character of people which would be important here. As a fighter he is a extremely dirty one and would cross any line to win which is another plus for him. However there are his personality flaws. He wouldn't be reliable in the long run. Still, he wouldn't be able to outright control his fellow captains.

Kensei: Personality wise he makes sense. He is level headed, does not seem to bother much with style. Still he would not be able to control other captains.

Hitsugaya: He is too young and perhaps lacks some maturity. He is a shoe is for the job a couple hundred years from now though.

Kenpachi: No

Mayuri: God no.

Ukitake: He is likeable enough and would be a charismatic leader for the squads. Still, he is sickly and would not be available quite a few times and would overall be unable to control other captains.

I am of the idea that squad zero guys are going to be older shinigami perhaps even old friends of yamamoto. Taking in consideration juha's recent response to the squad's appearance it makes even more sense they would be all captain level shinigami as we have been lead to believe. The thing is that if they only pick from among captains then the lot of them would all have to be old. We don't know if anyone has been promoted during the past 100 years however before that it was only hikifune and she seemed to be from a similar generation to kyoraku. I maintain that the next CC is going to be someone very old who is held in a similar regard to yamamoto. Yamamoto said that in the past 1000 years no one stronger than him has been born but obviously the history of SS extends far before that. It is possible yamamoto had some old friend who was his rival or something.
    Last edited by kkck; October 14, 2012 at 03:32 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Sui-Feng - 2nd Division: Forgive me if this is too blunt but there is no way she's getting the spot. She lacks the power, reiatsu, charisma & age to get the position. Plus she already has a responsibility as the queen of the stealth force & etc.
    Power? She was beating Yoruichi, even in speed. In fact, she's one of the fastest characters, and I mean reallyfast. She was just learning Shunko and that's strong enough to stun or attack targets with an exponential combat capabilities increase. Granted, she hadn't mastered it before the time skip, but when she succeeds, she could become one of the strongest characters. As for reiatsu, you don't know that. She didn't show off because she's the leader of the Stealth Ops, but her Bankai was really powerful, and she didn't get to use Shunko in time. For charisma, you don't know that, but Yamamoto didn't show much either. She's decisive and a good leader though. Her squad is highly disciplined and she only accepts the best from the best. She was on the same level as Yamamoto in her views of order and lawfulness.

Not saying that she's the best for the position, but she's pretty high up there.

Rojuro Otoribashi - 3rd Division: I'd imagine he won't be interested(AT ALL), plus I don't think he's strong enough to command SS.
    Why wouldn't he be interested? He quickly accepted his former position because he was attached to his squad, and his squad accepted him quickly, a squad that was very attached to Gin. And he's a Vaizaado, so his power with the mask on is much higher than just a normal captain. Also, due to his Hollow nature, his Bankai may not be able to be stolen. He's one of those characters with small roles so far though.

Retsu Unohana - 4th Division: The best person for the post IMO. Ever since she was first introduced, I thought if Yamamoto died, she would take over. She has the power, intellect, experence & charisma.
    She's most likely the best choice. According to the databooks, she might even be a strong as Aizen and Yamamoto. She was also one of the first captains fighting side by side with Yamamoto, she's very intelligent and was the only one to notice Aizen's illusions. Not much else known about her though.

Shinji Hirako - 5th Division: The leader of the vizards right? I just don't see such a guy as leader of SS though ^_^ .
    The Vaizaados didn't exactly have a leader. He was acknowledged by them as strong, but as a leader he was just okay. From his role in TBtP, it can be concluded that he wasn't above average in charisma or leadership. The reason Aizen worked under his nose for a decade was because of his lack of interest for his subordinates. He's also kind of immature.

Sajin Komamura - 7th Division: He would have been, simply put the PERFECT MAN FOR THE JOB but his lack of power, reiatsu & abilities is what really prevents him.
    Lack of power? Lack of reiatsu? We don't even know if he's skilled in Kido, but he's good with Shunpo. An excellent tank too, more so than Kenpachi. Speaking of which, Kenpachi didn't really hurt Komamura, it was sort of an equal fight. Now he's doing good against Bambietta. Komamura is made a lot of fun of, even though he's lost against Arrancarized Tousen and Aizen twice, both whom were many times stronger than a normal captain.

His personality and leadership are excellent. He's the best possible replacement for Yamamoto if not for his power not being the best around.

Shunsui Kyoraku - 8th Division: Another candidate for the Job. He doesn't seem interested in the position though, plus he agreed with Ukatake that non can replace Yamamoto yet. Still, the died of Yamamoto could make him rise up to the responsibility.
    Shunsui wouldn't take the responsibility of leading an organization. He barely even does anything for his own squad. His experience and strength are not enough to step up for the job.

Kensei Muguruma - 9th Division: NO!
    Why not? He was handling Hollow Ichigo pretty well and from TBtP he seemed competent. Another barely known character though.

Mayuri Kurotsuchi - 12th Division: SS would be in caos if he led it. He is simply a science freak who would do things Yamamoto may have prevented him from doing but him being CC would mean, non can oppose him.
    He would be a good choice, actually. He's very, frighteningly organized and responsible. His superior intellect and knowledge of the Quincy would make him a good temporal replacement for the time being. He would return to his experiments as soon as he got the chance though.

Jushiro Ukitake - 13th Division: He is another PERFECT MAN to lead SS. He has the experence, abilities, smarts & power. Though he is very ill.
    And that illness is what permanently keeps him away from being a leader at anything. He never attends meetings or manages his squad, and has to be replaced by his subordinates all the time. It's a shame that he's never active because he somehow contracted tuberculosis even though he's a ghost.

Kurosaki Isshin: He's got his own responsibility as a father of 3 children( OK..Ichigo can take care of himself but he is still the father regardless).
    But Isshin is a terrible father. He can have his few shining moments but he's just as shady as Urahara, and that's saying a lot.

Urahara Kisuke: If he had more power backing him up, I think he would be much greater than Yamamoto. He is a good candidate for the post.
    He wouldn't. He's smart and all, but he's absolutely terrible when given a position of power or control. He couldn't be trusted to look after a mountain.

Yoruichi Shihoin: She doesn't look like a leader of SS. She got the power(though not enough) but she has yet shown any implications of being the queen of SS.
    She's pretty much Soifon but with better control of Shunko and since she's from royalty, her reiatsu might be stronger. And very fast, bearing the tile of "God of Shunpo", at least before faster characters stepped in. But she's got one big flaw, and it's that she's careless and laid back when there's no trouble, so I can't see her leading SS in times of peace.

I don't know why nobody ever mentions Tessai though. He grew up with Urahara and Yoruichi, was a captain, could cast any Kido without incantation, and has an astonishing sense of responsibility even towards the most trivial things. I get the impression he's forgotten because he has never fought against anybody except for that time he slapped a hollow in the face.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Tessai should not be a candidate here. How would he? For starters even if he can use those high level kido he has not shown to be beyond captain level. Then there is the consideration that tessai was not even a member of the 13 squads. I don't see how or why anyone who was never inside the squads would be considered. I wold think a basic requirement would be that candidates are indeed members of the squads.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for Unohana's powers to be shown in battle. Juno is going to make a lot of people eat their words, with all the Unohana's bashings. lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Power? She was beating Yoruichi, even in speed. In fact, she's one of the fastest characters, and I mean reallyfast. She was just learning Shunko and that's strong enough to stun or attack targets with an exponential combat capabilities increase. Granted, she hadn't mastered it before the time skip, but when she succeeds, she could become one of the strongest characters. As for reiatsu, you don't know that. She didn't show off because she's the leader of the Stealth Ops, but her Bankai was really powerful, and she didn't get to use Shunko in time. For charisma, you don't know that, but Yamamoto didn't show much either. She's decisive and a good leader though. Her squad is highly disciplined and she only accepts the best from the best. She was on the same level as Yamamoto in her views of order and lawfulness.

Not saying that she's the best for the position, but she's pretty high up there.

Why wouldn't he be interested? He quickly accepted his former position because he was attached to his squad, and his squad accepted him quickly, a squad that was very attached to Gin. And he's a Vaizaado, so his power with the mask on is much higher than just a normal captain. Also, due to his Hollow nature, his Bankai may not be able to be stolen. He's one of those characters with small roles so far though.

She's most likely the best choice. According to the databooks, she might even be a strong as Aizen and Yamamoto. She was also one of the first captains fighting side by side with Yamamoto, she's very intelligent and was the only one to notice Aizen's illusions. Not much else known about her though.

The Vaizaados didn't exactly have a leader. He was acknowledged by them as strong, but as a leader he was just okay. From his role in TBtP, it can be concluded that he wasn't above average in charisma or leadership. The reason Aizen worked under his nose for a decade was because of his lack of interest for his subordinates. He's also kind of immature.

Lack of power? Lack of reiatsu? We don't even know if he's skilled in Kido, but he's good with Shunpo. An excellent tank too, more so than Kenpachi. Speaking of which, Kenpachi didn't really hurt Komamura, it was sort of an equal fight. Now he's doing good against Bambietta. Komamura is made a lot of fun of, even though he's lost against Arrancarized Tousen and Aizen twice, both whom were many times stronger than a normal captain.

His personality and leadership are excellent. He's the best possible replacement for Yamamoto if not for his power not being the best around.

Shunsui wouldn't take the responsibility of leading an organization. He barely even does anything for his own squad. His experience and strength are not enough to step up for the job.

Why not? He was handling Hollow Ichigo pretty well and from TBtP he seemed competent. Another barely known character though.

He would be a good choice, actually. He's very, frighteningly organized and responsible. His superior intellect and knowledge of the Quincy would make him a good temporal replacement for the time being. He would return to his experiments as soon as he got the chance though.

And that illness is what permanently keeps him away from being a leader at anything. He never attends meetings or manages his squad, and has to be replaced by his subordinates all the time. It's a shame that he's never active because he somehow contracted tuberculosis even though he's a ghost.

But Isshin is a terrible father. He can have his few shining moments but he's just as shady as Urahara, and that's saying a lot.

He wouldn't. He's smart and all, but he's absolutely terrible when given a position of power or control. He couldn't be trusted to look after a mountain.

She's pretty much Soifon but with better control of Shunko and since she's from royalty, her reiatsu might be stronger. And very fast, bearing the tile of "God of Shunpo", at least before faster characters stepped in. But she's got one big flaw, and it's that she's careless and laid back when there's no trouble, so I can't see her leading SS in times of peace.

I don't know why nobody ever mentions Tessai though. He grew up with Urahara and Yoruichi, was a captain, could cast any Kido without incantation, and has an astonishing sense of responsibility even towards the most trivial things. I get the impression he's forgotten because he has never fought against anybody except for that time he slapped a hollow in the face.
    We are talking about someone who will command the entire SS and every individuals who live there as effective & efficient as possible. For such a task you will absolutely need someone who is:
    .Calm & Reserved
    .Selfless
    .Willing
    .Able
    .Strong & Powerful mindset/personality
    .Strong, controlled, power Reiatsu
    .Knowlegable
    .Experenced
    .A charismatic character
    .Who is of the age
    And others

If a character is strong with most of these quilities(especially the most important ones), then he/she can govern SS

Many of the SS captains do not fall into this category.

Soi Fong is not impressive enough to do this Job. She isn't anywhere up there as you put it. In fact she has a very low chance of making the next CC.
    She never was that impressive in the reiatsu department either so lets not decieve ourselves. She isn't anywhere near the Top characters and for a CC you need to be.
    She was beating Yoruichi, that's true but Yoruichi was out of pratices for a very long time.

kkck explained why Rose shouldn't be there.

Don't be decieved by Sajin Komamura visually appealing destructive power, it is pretty weak. Don't forget that Kenpachi didn't even get a scatch for that attack. Also Vice captains level individuals are able to replicate the same amount of destruction to the environment.
    Don't let esthetics fool you. I do recall Aizen being able to easily cut through his entire bankai with a single swing without even trying.
    His lack of power is the main thing that really prevents him from being a CC cadidate IMO.

Kensei is just a NO! He as the right serious mindset but he is simply not strong enough.

Mayuri strikes me as a type of man who would go to certain extent to do whatever his research takes him. He is a mad scienctist. I'll never pick this freak ^_^. I imagine that Yamamoto must put him of a leash in terms of how far he should go lol.

I don't even think Yourichi is enough either. Sure she is one of the fastest & strongest characters in Bleach but she is not Top.

Tessai is random to say the least lol.

I'm sorry for the half assed replys but I sort of busy at work.
    Last edited by Kay3795; October 15, 2012 at 05:20 AM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, he would. He's the type who can be serious when it counts. If you consider strength I think he is unmatched. His bankai will be very... bothersome, just like Shinji's, Kira's and Yumichika's.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry she'd be one of the last IMO. She fast, she's strong, and with her shikai (one of my favorites) she probably won't need to use her Bankai much. But...and its a big "but," it doesn't look like she treats her subrodonates too well. I mean yeah Omaeda looks like he can be a pain but man she can be cruel. And in the Rukia rescue arc she was quick to set out to kill Ukitake's subordinates. I mean yeah at the time what they did was punishable by death but she didn't even think twice to say well they were following their captains orders, he should be held respnsible. IMO she just doesn't think enough. You can't reason with her and she wants you to blindly follow orders. Do i want my subordinates blindly following orders...nope, what if I'm wrong...what i'f I'm not in my right mind.

Yeah there's not enough known about rose to know what his ideals and character are. I doubt he'd be chosen but only because i feel Kubo would keep him as one of the lesser characters.

Like i posted earlier she's definitely one of my top three but I dont know enough about her.

Don't think Shinji's a good choice. He can lead the Vaizards fine and all, good character, and care for his people but the whole Aizen thing probably tarnished his record a bit. Not saying he hasn't learned over the past hundred years from his Aizen mistake but the king or his advisors (or whoever is the one to pick the new CC) may look at that. I mean i would.

Completely disagree with this. Besides loyalty what have we seen to nominate him being the next CC. He lost to Tousen and I can care less if Tousen was hollowfied. I mean he showed absolutely no strategy whatsoever in any of his fights. I'd nominate Omaeda before Komamura. I mean at least Omeada tricked his opponent into thinking he was incompetent then struck. At least he had a strategy. And there is no way he's a better tank than Kenpachi. I mean look at the sword slashes Kenpachi takes. I mean similar to Yama-ji and Aizen's fight...in his fight with Tousen, Kenpachi used strategy to figure out Tousen's Bankai's weakness and then purposely got stabbed to catch the guy. Now that's a tank.

Shunsui is a lazy womanizer...love it. LOL I could roll with this guy. But while i think he'd prefer not to have the responsibility i think he'd step up if he was needed. "Those who have the ability have the respnsibility," so i think if needed he won't back down. As for experience and strengh we know he's strong, why do you think he's not? Also, he, Ukitake, and Unohana have been captains the longest, how does his experience not make the cut but other people you listed have?

Same reason as with Rose. I don't know enough about him.

No way. This guy can care less about anyone but himself. Even his VC he treats like an object. And lets not forget they got him out of prison. This guy is cruel and IMO I hope the Ishida's take his @ss out at some point for Souken.

History shows that there have been leaders stricken with an illness and still led well. And looking at it another way, he's still strong enough to be a captain with an illness. I doubt Yama-ji would have let him remain a captain if he couldn't make the cut anymore. It's like Sasakibe told Yama-ji...he wanted to be his right hand to compensate for the things he couldn't do so that's what Ukitake's subordinates are. And lets not forget, If Hisana can get ill and die Ukitake having a constant illness isn't so far fetched.

Why is he a horrible father? Loves his kids, none are dead, came to save one from Aizen. Came to save one from Ginjo. Shady yes, but i'd bet there are a tons of things our parents don't tell us because they don't want to burnden us or they think its for our own good. Can't really label him as a horrible father.

He'd be a good candidate but he does fit more of the shady role. You need something done which is against the laws of Soul Society...I got a guy...call in Urahara LOL.

Same reason I wrote for Shunsui. She's great but IMO I can see her and Shunsui drinking Sake and laying in the shade most of the day LOL.

Tessai Shouldn't even be a candidate.
    Last edited by Bajan4eva1; October 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Ginrei??? If he's alive, I think he would be a great candidate. He's almost as old as Yama, so his experiences shouldn't be underestimated. Furthermore, he's a Kuchiki, very well mannered, rules and orders oriented person, pretty much an older version of Byakuya.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    Ginrei??? If he's alive, I think he would be a great candidate. He's almost as old as Yama, so his experiences shouldn't be underestimated. Furthermore, he's a Kuchiki, very well mannered, rules and orders oriented person, pretty much an older version of Byakuya.
    Yeah while we don't know much about him either at least we know he's capable of leading. Leading a noble house and a squad make him a decent candidate just for those qualities. I'd love to see him in battle though, that would be the deciding factor for me. Hopefully he's still alive and he's coming to avenge Byakuya.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't know if he's dead, retired or promoted to Squad Zero, but I tend to think he was in the upper-echelon in terms of strength in his time. Thinking about that, if Ukitake and Kyoraku are the first graduates of the academy, and considering that Ginrei is clearly a whole lot older than those two, Ginrei was probably fighting alongside Captain-Commander by the time Juha Bach has referred to as bloodshed years. I don't know, but I don't feel he'd be inferior to Byakuya if he came back at this point.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the issue with ginrei is that even if he is alive he has not taken a constant role among the captains. In TBPA shunsui made a mention of how himself, ukitake and unohana were the only ones left from the generation of captains from 100 years ago. Basically that means that for some reason he ginrei was not a captain 100 years ago. Based on what we know ginrei could easily be a couple thousand years old but it does not seem he has taken a constant role as a captain and did not seem to be even in the recent flashback with yamamoto's early comrades.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, the issue with ginrei is that even if he is alive he has not taken a constant role among the captains. In TBPA shunsui made a mention of how himself, ukitake and unohana were the only ones left from the generation of captains from 100 years ago. Basically that means that for some reason he ginrei was not a captain 100 years ago. Based on what we know ginrei could easily be a couple thousand years old but it does not seem he has taken a constant role as a captain and did not seem to be even in the recent flashback with yamamoto's early comrades.
    Yup, shunsui's statement also confused me a bit considering how old Ginrei was. However, the Kuchiki clan tends to be attached to squad 6, so maybe more than 100 years ago Ginrei's father was holding the position, making him unable to get the seat (purely assumption). Isn't it strange that the concept of family is pretty vague in SS? We've only given some infos about the Kuchiki clan, and it seems that only Byakuya is married.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    We don't know if he's dead, retired or promoted to Squad Zero, but I tend to think he was in the upper-echelon in terms of strength in his time. Thinking about that, if Ukitake and Kyoraku are the first graduates of the academy, and considering that Ginrei is clearly a whole lot older than those two, Ginrei was probably fighting alongside Captain-Commander by the time Juha Bach has referred to as bloodshed years. I don't know, but I don't feel he'd be inferior to Byakuya if he came back at this point.
    we've saw how older captains tend to be stronger, I guess by that same logic, Ginrei could be pretty close to Yama... I hope.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We are talking about someone who will command the entire SS and every individuals who live there as effective & efficient as possible. For such a task you will absolutely need someone who is:
    .Calm & Reserved
    .Selfless
    .Willing
    .Able
    .Strong & Powerful mindset/personality
    .Strong, controlled, power Reiatsu
    .Knowlegable
    .Experenced
    .A charismatic character
    .Who is of the age
    And others

If a character is strong with most of these quilities(especially the most important ones), then he/she can govern SS
    All of my nominations are there because they follow most if not all of these requirements. I don't just go around voting for fan favorites or based on who has a better win/loss ratio.

Soi Fong is not impressive enough to do this Job. She isn't anywhere up there as you put it. In fact she has a very low chance of making the next CC.
    She never was that impressive in the reiatsu department either so lets not decieve ourselves. She isn't anywhere near the Top characters and for a CC you need to be.
    She was beating Yoruichi, that's true but Yoruichi was out of pratices for a very long time.
    The only requirement she doesn't fit in is age. Everything else she nails it. She grew up believing in excellence and trained for over a century to be able to serve Yoruichi at first, then to surpass her, and she achieved her goal. Now she's the leader of the best organized and trained squad, and she makes sure that only the best of the best serve under her, the one and only reason she puts up with Omaeda. She's actually one of the best candidates.

And where did you get that she wasn't impressive in the reiatsu department? Because she didn't constantly show off like Kenpachi, Byakuya, Aizen or Yamamoto? By that logic Unohana, Ukitake, Shunsui are the absolute worst choice then because they don't show of at all. Soifon doesn't show off either because it would be counter productive for her role as an assassin, but if she could, her reiatsu would be at least captain level, and both it and her power would increase with Shunko, which is basically Ichigo's Bankai plus Kido. You named "controlled" in your list so follow through.

She could have beaten Barragan even without Bankai if it wasn't for his time stopping/time speeding ability which is terrible against somebody that is mostly about speed. Or Aizen, twice if she wasn't so exhausted for using up all of her reiatsu for Bankai twice in 20 minutes. This is one of the fastest characters in the series, and might even be the fastest normal character, rivaling Ichigo in Bankai. She could handle multiple captains at once before they could even react, and the only reason Yoruichi is still alive is because she was also very fast.

And Yoruichi didn't look as if her skill dropped in that time. But if it did, then it matters more that Soifon was stronger and faster than her. All it takes is that both master Shunko and that would make them unstoppable.

kkck explained why Rose shouldn't be there.
    That wasn't a good explanation. He tried to be artistic in a silly moment when trying to step out of rubble and Starrk wasn't really focused or interested in the fight, but later became serious and started taking the fight seriously. He's a Vaizaado too, so for around 3 minutes he should be far above captain level. As for his "leadership, respect and charisma" he has all those. As I said, he was quickly accepted by his squad and from the omake and some small dialogue against NaNaNa, he was close to his subordinates. From the requirements he doesn't fit experience and age since he's been a captain for like 15 years total.

Don't be decieved by Sajin Komamura visually appealing destructive power, it is pretty weak. Don't forget that Kenpachi didn't even get a scatch for that attack. Also Vice captains level individuals are able to replicate the same amount of destruction to the environment.
    Don't let esthetics fool you. I do recall Aizen being able to easily cut through his entire bankai with a single swing without even trying.
    His lack of power is the main thing that really prevents him from being a CC cadidate IMO
    Both him and Tousen landed an attack on Kenpachi. Kenpachi didn't land a hit on him.

I would like to see that. Post an example. I know they can't because I checked.

By that logic Shinji, Love, Rose, masked Lisa, Soifon, Hitsugaya and Shunsui were all weak. It was Aizen who cut them all, somebody who was on Yamamoto's level.

Kensei is just a NO! He as the right serious mindset but he is simply not strong enough.
    Not strong enough? No serious mindset? He had an organized squad before he left, and he did take his role as a Vaizaado to support the group. He then was seen handling Hollow Ichigo in Bankai without having to use his mask. Then he stopped WonderWeiss, the same guy who stabbed Ukitake before him or Shunsui could react. All the Vaizaados are strong. You are saying they are weak only because they lost, even if they lost against much stronger opponents (Aizen).

Mayuri strikes me as a type of man who would go to certain extent to do whatever his research takes him. He is a mad scienctist. I'll never pick this freak ^_^. I imagine that Yamamoto must put him of a leash in terms of how far he should go lol.
    Mayuri is not mad, he's simply curious about everything. Experimenting and exploring are an obsession of his. Sometimes he goes overboard with mistreating some subordinates, normal Shinigami, but his R&D group he takes them very seriously, the same way he takes organization, respect and responsibility very seriously.

I don't even think Yourichi is enough either. Sure she is one of the fastest & strongest characters in Bleach but she is not Top.
    She's still high up there, at Soifon's level. If she managed to master Shunko she would be higher.

Tessai is random to say the least lol.
    He grew up with Urahara and Yoruichi, and is very experienced at everything he does. Even if the Kido Ops are not exactly affiliated with the Gotei 13, it still works together with them in keeping the balance of souls and things.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, shunsui's statement also confused me a bit considering how old Ginrei was. However, the Kuchiki clan tends to be attached to squad 6, so maybe more than 100 years ago Ginrei's father was holding the position, making him unable to get the seat (purely assumption). Isn't it strange that the concept of family is pretty vague in SS? We've only given some infos about the Kuchiki clan, and it seems that only Byakuya is married.

we've saw how older captains tend to be stronger, I guess by that same logic, Ginrei could be pretty close to Yama... I hope.
    I don't think the concept of family is strange in SS. We have to make two distinctions on that matter. Normal human souls get there on their own and rarely meet thus they end up forming quasi families (said during the SS arc). In turn the nobles are in an entirely different situation. Nobles are born and raised in SS and have an actual blood relation to each other. Under that logic the family structure in those cases should be pretty standard or in a worst case scenario resemble what the family situation was thousands of years ago. There is also the consideration that we have only seen byakuya and his grandfather from the kuchiki clan, there is nothing which suggests there is anything out of the ordinary there. The shiba's seemed somewhat standard on the matter and soifon had like seven brothers out of whom most died.

Perhaps what we should be wondering is whether ginrei is actually byakuya's grandfather. Byakuya is supposed to be the 20th (or was it 13th?) something head of the kuchiki household however if each of the previous heads has lived for as long as a shinigami can then the kuchiki would be older than humanity or so. Even yamamoto seems to predate history so far. So my idea is that ginrei could be something like byakuya's great, great, great.... grandfather or something and he has taken head of the house every time one of his descendants dies. Its not that strange if we think about it. There would be actually little reason for shinigami to die as a whole, if anything the highest mortality rate should be for members of the gotei 13 ( being a member probably cuts live expectancy by a few thousand years if we consider everything) and not all members of the kuchiki household are necessarily captain level (although it does seem that the average noble is at least talented enough to make it easily to seated officer position taking in consideration that we have never seen a noble who didn't have at least that much power).

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast