Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will live up to the eye-patch and be awesome

9 52.94%
  • He will still be CC by the end of the arc (alive)

2 11.76%
  • Everybody is a dropoff after Shigekuni Yamamoto

1 5.88%
  • He will get defeated by Bach

2 11.76%
  • He will team up with Ukitake to face Bach

1 5.88%
  • He will face the professor SR again and win

1 5.88%
  • Other (Mention)

1 5.88%
New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the next Captain Commander?

Soi Fon already commands the 2nd Division alongside the Special Ops Corps or whatever it's called. So, for her (or Yoriuchi) to become General Commander would kind of interfere with that. Plus, that's a lot of responsibility on one person and too much of a risk in general.

Yamamoto was in command of his own division and all 12 others combined. You need experience more or less than just power.

Plus, we haven't seen all the Shinigami within Soul Society, there's still members of the Zero Squad to consider.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That would depend on whether the next captain commander will be the captain of the first division or maintain his old one. If the captain commander is the captain of the first division then soifon would hypothetically stop being the captain of the second one and the black ops in such an scenario. If the captain commander can be a captain from any division then perhaps the extra responsibilities which would have to be handled would perhaps be considered when making the decision. I guess the manga has yet to elaborate on this detail.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    That would depend on whether the next captain commander will be the captain of the first division or maintain his old one. If the captain commander is the captain of the first division then soifon would hypothetically stop being the captain of the second one and the black ops in such an scenario. If the captain commander can be a captain from any division then perhaps the extra responsibilities which would have to be handled would perhaps be considered when making the decision. I guess the manga has yet to elaborate on this detail.
    That's another dilemma that Kubo hasn't presented yet is, who actually gave Yamamoto his position in the first place. So far, I am guessing it was Central 46, since they are final sayers in matter like this with Soul Society.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ryuzaki786's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on statistics Hitsugaya seems to be grooming for that position, but at the moment, he's probably far too young and inexperienced for the position. Ukitake is far too feeble for the position, he lacks the necessary durability and strength for the position. At this point, that really leaves Unohana and Shunsui who can probably fill in for Yamamoto. All of the other candidates would be too sloppy and/or retarded to lead the entire 13 court-guard squads.

The safe bet would be Unohana, she's the only who was rated closely to Aizen (pre-Hogokyou) and despite her not once showing an offensive zanpakuto, she's most skilled in all other areas. A riskier bet would be Shunsui, who has shown a great deal of aptitude becoming of a captain-commander and strength to compliment it.

Urahara can also be up for consideration but he'd likely refuse the job and Shinji is probably the only Vaizard candidate that should truly be considered for the position. Urahara's intellect is probably the most valuable asset and this I feel as if the previous CC just let too much happen under his nose.

Unohana, Urahara, Shunsui and Shinjiwould probably the best and most suitable picks from the current pool of shinigami (obviously disregarding Ichigo Kurosaki & Co. as well as any member of the 0 Division).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, at this point, there is gona be a substitute CC from zero squad(prob some vetiran of the SS comes to play with words "dam,Yama, how could you..") and in the end i c how the new CC will be Zaraki, atm he is the same way Yama-ji was back then, after this incedent he will realize he needs to become stronger (i dont think atm he got a stimul for it) and will eventualy learn bankai and will be guided to the path of protector, not destructor. So my bet is on him.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

zero squad member

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    That's another dilemma that Kubo hasn't presented yet is, who actually gave Yamamoto his position in the first place. So far, I am guessing it was Central 46, since they are final sayers in matter like this with Soul Society.
    He, himself and his power? He made Gotei 13, he was creator of Seireitei I suppose, he was leader because he was "beast with a sword". Most likely he made Central 46.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    He, himself and his power? He made Gotei 13, he was creator of Seireitei I suppose, he was leader because he was "beast with a sword". Most likely he made Central 46.
    He made the Gotei 13 but he only became CC 1000 years ago, before that someone else was in charge. The central 46 powers override the CC, it's like the legislative branch vs the military branch. Yama is most likely nominated by the other captains when the seat was vacant.
    Last edited by River_Capulet; October 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

About the photo young Shunsui made note of;
    I really wonder if Captain-Commander and his friends started something along the lines of a coup d'etat to overthrow the then-present-governing organization and that's the way how he became the Captain-Commander, or not.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think yamamoto would have had the authority to create or designate the chamber 46. So far it would even appear yamamoto himself was actually subordinate to the chamber 46. Yamamoto apparently started the squads however we don't know how things were before that nor the circumstances which lead to the formation of the squads. For all we know before the divisions were formed they simply had a different structure or simply was not as strong or it was yamamoto who reunited captain level people for the job.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    About the photo young Shunsui made note of;
    I really wonder if Captain-Commander and his friends started something along the lines of a coup d'etat to overthrow the then-present-governing organization and that's the way how he became the Captain-Commander, or not.
    I had a bit similar idea - that Yama was, a loong time ago, a drifter just like Ichi, but not necessarily with the same circumstances.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is someone from the remaining captains, it will either be Unohana or Ukitake.
    Honestly, I think Unohana would be the best choice.

She's calm, strong and decisive.
    And everyone already listens to her when she gave an order.

Honestly, I'm really hoping she'd take more place in this manga.
    We definitely don't see enough of this great character!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

After today's chapter Shunsui is looking fit for the role!

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

He always looked fitted for that job. He is honest-type, that is careless only when he is allowed to. He could say withut hesitation, that he only acted cool and was nervous too. Then, he has Yamaji's teachings. He is a type that doesn't care what people think, he wants to get a job done. Then, he took out Stark, his Shikai is bothersome, really. And his bankai is said to be even more bothersome. Complete hypnosis and playing a game in alternate dimension? xD

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah he was my second pick initially. I had Ukitake as my #1 ahead of him but after the depressed look on Ukitake's face today and no wise words I gotta change up the order.

1) Shunsui
    2) Ukitake
    3) Unohana

New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast