Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will live up to the eye-patch and be awesome

9 52.94%
  • He will still be CC by the end of the arc (alive)

2 11.76%
  • Everybody is a dropoff after Shigekuni Yamamoto

1 5.88%
  • He will get defeated by Bach

2 11.76%
  • He will team up with Ukitake to face Bach

1 5.88%
  • He will face the professor SR again and win

1 5.88%
  • Other (Mention)

1 5.88%
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the next Captain Commander?

Quote Originally Posted by themincookie View Post
    But even before it was revealed Soi Fon wouldn't have even been considered for the CC position. In every character book released thus far she has been shown to have immense power and stamina but lack intellect. We can see it in the way she acts, she'll openly criticize anyone regardless of their position or her own (tsk tsk, no manners; even for a captain).
    That's called tsundere
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    That's called tsundere
    Is it? I thought it was something like hiding your true self, acting selfish and showing others you don't need them, while you really do. And I thought "tsundere" was mainly about love relationship, when girl acts like she hates you, but in fact she reeeaaaaly likes you. Something like Sakura and Naruto at the beggining of Naruto.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

I made a slight adjustment to the thread and the poll and remodeled it to a new discussion to keep it alive.

Now that he is appointed as expected by many, how successful Kyouraku will be in his new position?

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Weaker than Yama-jii, stronger than Ukitake.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I made a slight adjustment to the thread and the poll and remodeled it to a new discussion to keep it alive.

Now that he is appointed as expected by many, how successful Kyouraku will be in his new position?

Hmmm...well Kyouraku definitely seemed to change

Not sure what to make of it. He's not as laid back, but he's gotten a lot more badass ... The best part about it, is it's a very believable change. Kubo in the House !!!!!!!!

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by En Yang Ji View Post
    Hmmm...well Kyouraku definitely seemed to change
    He didn't change one bit. He was always like that. He is serious ONLY when it counts. Nothing indicates even slightest change in his personality. Pretending to be carefree, then getting serious when he has to. He even commented on it while fighting with SR. "I'm acting cool, but I'm nervous". Only change is his eyepatch. xD

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

He will live up to the eye-patch and be awesome
    . No doubt he will. In terms of personality, Shunsui (though a lazy ass) strikes me of a leader. A much greater & compassionate leader than Yamamoto.

He will still be CC by the end of the arc (alive)
    . Mayyybe?? Anything goes from here on out. Juha may send his sternritters to destroy what remains of the gotei 13 & Shunsui (being the leader) ends up saving lives of many. This will further increase the threat lvl of the sternritters & Juha by exemplifying the true meaning of powerlessness.

Everybody is a dropoff after Shigekuni Yamamoto
    . Nope!!

He will get defeated by Bach
    . Could happen if he confronts Juha & his follow sternritters.

He will team up with Ukitake to face Bach
    . Unless he is suicidal, this isn't an option. He is needed as a leader.

He will face the professor SR again and win
    . Maybe.

For the most part I just think Shunsui will play a leader.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he'll be a good leader. He may be a tad bit lazy & laid back, but he has all the right leadership qualities. That's not really a discussion. However, I do have one concern. Will he able to earn the same respect that was given to the former Captain Commander from his peers? That remains to be seen
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The captains seem to have their vice captains be the exact oposite of what they are. Kenpachi is big and brawly, Yachiru is small and qute. Byakuya is calm and collected, Renji is a hot head. Soifon is quick and precise, her VC (name?) is slow and a cluts, Ukitake is calm and broken with decease, he has 2 VC. Toshiro is calm, cool and resevred, Matsumoto is outgoing and kinda lazy.
    Shunsuis drawbacks are dealt with due to his extremely tidy vice captain. I see no problem with him being CC with her at his side.
    Meh

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

No matter what, the old man will always be the fist thing that pops in my mind when the word Captain commander is mentioned. Shunsui is in a very big shadow, I don't think that Kubo will make him overcomes that shadow, so that people can remember Yamamoto more. But what I think is that Shunsui will use more unconventional tactic when approaching wars. We know that Yama prefers the traditional all out head to head. But Shunsui will be more wicked, go as far as using dirty tactics to win.

I always preferred Unohana as the next CC, she has that aura of authority hovering around her. I can't really take Shunsui seriously with his straw hat and pink komono... "Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner King of Anime's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Obvious since the death of CC that Kyoraku is the next CC because before yama died he stated that he treated them like his own children including Ukitake

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Is it? I thought it was something like hiding your true self, acting selfish and showing others you don't need them, while you really do. And I thought "tsundere" was mainly about love relationship, when girl acts like she hates you, but in fact she reeeaaaaly likes you. Something like Sakura and Naruto at the beggining of Naruto.
    Tsundere isn't necessarily about love relationship (just means that the girl is rude and agressive on the outside, but actually cares about the ppl she's rude to, on the inside... and it can refer to a guy as well...), but I meant that mostly as a joke.

Back on the topic, I think he'll fight more seriously now that the C46 have stacked on him all those responsibilities he so much hoped to avoid
    I don't doubt he'll go all out eventually, and the boss fight may turn into a team battle lead by him now (since there's no superman capable of fodderizing Bach in the ranks of shinigami now).
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Back on the topic, I think he'll fight more seriously now that the C46 have stacked on him all those responsibilities he so much hoped to avoid
    I don't doubt he'll go all out eventually, and the boss fight may turn into a team battle lead by him now (since there's no superman capable of fodderizing Bach in the ranks of shinigami now).
    Shunsui's shikai for mindfuck and games, Shinji's Shikai abiity to turn everything backwards, Aizen creating illusions, Ichigo fighting while Juha doesn't have an idea what the hell is going on. Damn, those 3 (Aizen, Shinji, Shunsui) together would be unbeatable if they cooperated. Their Shikai's mindfuck level is damn high, I don't want to think what they bankais can do.

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9