Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will live up to the eye-patch and be awesome

9 52.94%
  • He will still be CC by the end of the arc (alive)

2 11.76%
  • Everybody is a dropoff after Shigekuni Yamamoto

1 5.88%
  • He will get defeated by Bach

2 11.76%
  • He will team up with Ukitake to face Bach

1 5.88%
  • He will face the professor SR again and win

1 5.88%
  • Other (Mention)

1 5.88%
New Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the next Captain Commander?

I would think that in terms of age and experience unohana would be second to sasakibe. Sasakibe was over 2000 years old and was already a captain level shinigami when ukitake and shunsui were born right? I would think it is pretty likely unohana is actually younger than sasakibe.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

True, Sasakibe might just be the second oldest...or might've been. I still doubt his strength compared to Unohanas but you never know....

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we have to take in consideration that sasakibe's bankai could easily be the most hax out there. Lightning is pretty fast at any strength level. While reiatsu would be what determines the power of the thunder he commands, I doubt it would be what controls its speed meaning that it is a deadly ability at any level or perhaps one so powerful it is simply not manageable for relatively weak people (kinda like the hitsugaya situation). Even if sasakibe was not fast or strong, the ability to control the lightning through the weather is simply overwhelming.... Even a chojiro with a barely acquired bankai was able to put a dent in yamamoto which is more than what 3 stern rittern combined could do.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, we have to take in consideration that sasakibe's bankai could easily be the most hax out there. Lightning is pretty fast at any strength level. While reiatsu would be what determines the power of the thunder he commands, I doubt it would be what controls its speed meaning that it is a deadly ability at any level or perhaps one so powerful it is simply not manageable for relatively weak people (kinda like the hitsugaya situation). Even if sasakibe was not fast or strong, the ability to control the lightning through the weather is simply overwhelming.... Even a chojiro with a barely acquired bankai was able to put a dent in yamamoto which is more than what 3 stern rittern combined could do.
    It's not like Yama was serious back then, he asked Sasakibe to show him his Bankai, not to fight to the death, so you can't compare between the two events

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    It's not like Yama was serious back then, he asked Sasakibe to show him his Bankai, not to fight to the death, so you can't compare between the two events
    I did consider yamamoto not being serious here however that is still not a good explanation of how chjiro got that scar on him IMO. I mean, how would this happen? Sasakibe would be a microbe next to yamamoto at the time. While yamamoto would not go all out on sasakibe he should have still been prepared for sasakibe to go all out. Even in those circumstances I would still argue that sasakibe leaving a dent on yamamoto is very impressive. Even in the least extreme scenarios sasakibe at least far surpassed yamamoto's expectations.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if it's too late to introduce an entirely new character to perhaps replace Captain Commander? Aside from Shunsui it really doesn't seem like there are any other credible enough candidates to take on such a task.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Guyz I know this sounds seriously crazy , but I vote for Aizen as the next CC

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    All three of the seniors could potentially replace Yama. Just like how when Kaien Shiba died, two officers took his place.
    The three seniors did co-operate in the anime filler arc with the Mod Souls/Reigai. Granted they were perfect clones of them and not actuall them, but all three of them had some excellent teamwork going on against Yama.
    Filler or not, it's still a cool idea for Gotei 13 teamwork.
    While such a three-headed organization looks unlikely for SS, that would be fairly reasonable for me. When you think about it, there is no one to replace Captain-Commander on his / her own, so, wouldn't it be a better solution to combine powers and act in a level-headed way?
    Nice idea (=

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaien wasn't replace by two officers. Both of those guys had the 3rd seat position in the 13th squad. Ultimately rukia was kaien's replacement. Not sure how much a 3 headed system would work. In times of emergency the squads would need decisive decision making which could be complicated if the 3 potential leaders do not agree. More so, a big part of the issue of why no one in the gotei 13 is fit to replace yamamoto is that no one has the sheer strength. Those 3 would not outright give the fodder treatment to anyone and would only work in the scenario that they agree on the matters at hand.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck
    There's just not enough info to go on, Sasakibe was never seen in battle with a bankai and Unohana has not been seen fighting one bit

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Kaien wasn't replace by two officers. Both of those guys had the 3rd seat position in the 13th squad. Ultimately rukia was kaien's replacement. Not sure how much a 3 headed system would work. In times of emergency the squads would need decisive decision making which could be complicated if the 3 potential leaders do not agree. More so, a big part of the issue of why no one in the gotei 13 is fit to replace yamamoto is that no one has the sheer strength. Those 3 would not outright give the fodder treatment to anyone and would only work in the scenario that they agree on the matters at hand.
    Yeah, and those are officers. Seated shinigami. And they did replace Kaien, until Rukia finally became a VC.

As for "fodder treatment", that's not really required for someone to be CC. The main point is to have a lot of experience, and be able to give out good commands to the captains. Unohana could possibly do that.

In Naruto, the old man Hokage died and was replaced by someone younger with completely different abilities, and also weaker. I don't see why that couldn't work here.

With that said, I still believe someone from the Royal Guard is more likely a candidate.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

As for "fodder treatment", that's not really required for someone to be CC. The main point is to have a lot of experience, and be able to give out good commands to the captains. Unohana could possibly do that.
    Go read what Yamamoto said to Aizen about why he was the CC for 1000 years then... It's because there was no Shinigami that could surpass him, so yes, to be the CC, you need to be batshit insanely strong

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

That only mattered because Yamamoto was alive. He's not anymore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

There's just not enough info to go on, Sasakibe was never seen in battle with a bankai and Unohana has not been seen fighting one bit

Yeah, and those are officers. Seated shinigami. And they did replace Kaien, until Rukia finally became a VC.

In Naruto, the old man Hokage died and was replaced by someone younger with completely different abilities, and also weaker. I don't see why that couldn't work here.

With that said, I still believe someone from the Royal Guard is more likely a candidate.
    The resent chapater made me disagree with this. The zero squad(small numbers btw) need to remain & protect the king. If one leaves his or her post, who would replace the one that leaves?

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, hmm, good question. Maybe Urahara, Yoruichi, or Isshin could fill a royal guard spot?

Beardie has to become a CC, it's mandatory for all CCs to have a big beard. How else would they rule the Gotei 13? No one obeys a person without a beard!
    Last edited by Notak; November 14, 2012 at 05:38 PM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member deadsuit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

AIZEN lol. jk

my guesses:
    Bearded Zero Squad man
    Shunsui
    Unohana

less likely:
    Isshin
    Urahara
    Ichigo
    Ukitake

Zero Squad members are prob gonna die and be replaced by captains (or isshin, urahara, etc.) and luitenants made into captain (Renji prob). Idk why but i see Kensei being a royal guard member, no idea why its not likely but its in my head

New Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast