Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will live up to the eye-patch and be awesome

9 52.94%
  • He will still be CC by the end of the arc (alive)

2 11.76%
  • Everybody is a dropoff after Shigekuni Yamamoto

1 5.88%
  • He will get defeated by Bach

2 11.76%
  • He will team up with Ukitake to face Bach

1 5.88%
  • He will face the professor SR again and win

1 5.88%
  • Other (Mention)

1 5.88%
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the next Captain Commander?

i think its unohana taicho...my reasons...she was the only person not defeated by aizen...aizen admired her skills and was wary of her...also before yamaji went out he asked her to stay in her quarters...that could be the time he told her about location of ouken making her his successor...till not only she has maintained a scary and undefeated reputation...whatever the reasons maybe kubo has kept her safe...everyone else got fucked by aizen once and now by quncies except her...so he reputaion has not been tarnished even a bit in our minds and thus she is suitable for next CC...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, unohana was the only person who did not actively fight during the war against aizen. Her duties are simply not in that department. I don't think aizen was ever wary of her nor admired her skills. The only compliment aizen ever gave her was on her ability to notice the illusion corpse was not a real corpse. Then during the actual war by the time yamamoto appeared aizen did not even consider her to be a potential threat (he mentioned yamamoto was the last to account for SS offensive abilities in spite of unohana being very close to them) and even after yamamoto was defeated she never bothered to actually make a move against aizen. The 4th squad was seemingly not touched by vandenreich but that was not because vandenreich for some reason feared her. The entire 4th squad was grounded during the battle, it makes sense no battles would be happening at that particular location. It wouldn't even be strange if other squads were ordered to look out for the 4th squad barracks.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

that is the reason i vouche for unohana...coz every other captain has once been defeated by aizen (or owned)...yamaji kept his dignity by being defetaed by his own flames... so now only unohana is the one who still has her dignity of not being owned by anyone(whatever the reason maybe) ...someone who become next cc has to be badass...shunsui and other cannot be that badass coz they got owned once...but unohana holds all new possibilities to become undefeated badass leader...she holding back could be coz of yamajis being overpowered...

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^I don't think that makes all that much sense. Even if it did, yamamoto is perhaps the worst of all captains. He didn't initially intend to fight aizen at all, his starting move was a kamikaze attack that would have taken the captains and aizen with him even though for some reason he thought he could defeat aizen with his bare hands. Not that the CC actually needs to be undefeated for him to be in the position otherwise the failed kamikaze would be a greater shame than defeat itself.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    that is the reason i vouche for unohana...coz every other captain has once been defeated by aizen (or owned)...yamaji kept his dignity by being defetaed by his own flames... so now only unohana is the one who still has her dignity of not being owned by anyone(whatever the reason maybe) ...someone who become next cc has to be badass...shunsui and other cannot be that badass coz they got owned once...but unohana holds all new possibilities to become undefeated badass leader...she holding back could be coz of yamajis being overpowered...
    Well at some point it has be "those who have the ability have the responsibility." Due to the hype around her she's probably badass but on the other hand to be so badass and not lift a finger during the Aizen fight is kind of ridiculous IMO. I mean as far as we've seen, her specialty is healing and not necessarily fighting but to be a badass and watch you're comrades getting owned without lifting a finger is no bueno. But hey, just like Yama-ji ordered her to sit put recently he may have done the same against Aizen. And yeah Yama-ji retained some of his dignity by being defeated by his own flames but in all honesty ALL captains got owned by Aizen's intelligence, Unohana included. She may have figured out it wasn't really his dead body in the SS Arc but she still figured out too late.

And vouching for Unohana because she's the only one who hasn't been defeated by Aizen may not be the best reason; after all she's never fought him. And picking Shunsui or Ukitake for CC wouldn't be a bad thing because they were defeated . Look at the experience anyone makes from being defeated or making mistakes. I mean one way to look at it is they know what not to do now LOL.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Unohana's abilities weren't fit to fight Kyoka Suigetsu? Maybe her abilities will fare much better against generally everyone, and the Quincy

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok that may be the case but only generally. If her abilities are better suited against the Quincy then i really can't wait to hear why Yama-ji ordered her not to mobilize the 4th division.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

No one really had an ability fit to fight KS, not even yamamoto. KS does not have an effect which can be opposed physically. And I doubt there was anyone in SS strong enough to outright negate the effect it had on the user with reiatsu otherwise it would have been done assuming it is even possible to counter KS in that particular way.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bajan4eva1 View Post
    Well at some point it has be "those who have the ability have the responsibility." Due to the hype around her she's probably badass but on the other hand to be so badass and not lift a finger during the Aizen fight is kind of ridiculous IMO. I mean as far as we've seen, her specialty is healing and not necessarily fighting but to be a badass and watch you're comrades getting owned without lifting a finger is no bueno. But hey, just like Yama-ji ordered her to sit put recently he may have done the same against Aizen. And yeah Yama-ji retained some of his dignity by being defeated by his own flames but in all honesty ALL captains got owned by Aizen's intelligence, Unohana included. She may have figured out it wasn't really his dead body in the SS Arc but she still figured out too late.

And vouching for Unohana because she's the only one who hasn't been defeated by Aizen may not be the best reason; after all she's never fought him. And picking Shunsui or Ukitake for CC wouldn't be a bad thing because they were defeated . Look at the experience anyone makes from being defeated or making mistakes. I mean one way to look at it is they know what not to do now LOL.
    its just a thought...i say that only coz unohana is the most unpredictable captain g13 till now...kubo has left wide range of ossibilities for her...as far as unohana not interfering with aizen...its very well plot no jutsu

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    No one really had an ability fit to fight KS, not even yamamoto. KS does not have an effect which can be opposed physically. And I doubt there was anyone in SS strong enough to outright negate the effect it had on the user with reiatsu otherwise it would have been done assuming it is even possible to counter KS in that particular way.
    yamaji actually countered KS when aizen stabbed him...the feeling of reiatsu of a zan stabbed ...its just you have to be powerful enough to tank one hit aizen pulls on you and grab his zan with which he hit...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui did a good job of giving off leader vibes in the last couple of chapters, but I think Unohana will be more likely candidate. She is the only one who can command as much respect as Yamamoto did, I highly doubt that Soi Fon would have cursed at Unohana like she did at Shunsui. Everyone shows her respect, whether its senior captains, rowdy 11th squad members, Ichigo, even Aizen and his Arrancars treat her respectfully. She is the only character in the manga that I can't imagine anyone else insulting, and the only character who even came remotely close to seeing through one of Aizen's illusions. (Which apparently not even Bach can do)

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    yamaji actually countered KS when aizen stabbed him...the feeling of reiatsu of a zan stabbed ...its just you have to be powerful enough to tank one hit aizen pulls on you and grab his zan with which he hit...
    I was talking more about using special powers(like shikai or kido) to counter KS. Yamamoto taking aizen's blade in the gut is obviously not a special ability and not something which yamamoto alone can do.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bajan4eva1 View Post
    Ok that may be the case but only generally. If her abilities are better suited against the Quincy then i really can't wait to hear why Yama-ji ordered her not to mobilize the 4th division.
    What I meant was that no one could counter KS, so she was no special case and was better off healing everyone. I actually don't think she is better suited for the Quincy.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Yea that's the thing, no matter who you are, if Aizen's got you with the hypnosis ritual then you're pretty much powerless.

This time around, I think Unohana may be permitted to fight instead of put in the background. Imagine if her bankai is overpowered healing of herself and others.
    (Like, you cut her in half, and she just regenerates like nothing and ends up being a bitch to kill. Like Hougyoku-Aizen)

I agree that Unohana seems to receive the most respect in the Gotei 13. Even Yama's senior students don't dare put her down.

lol, what if Ichigo would become CC in the future? Naruto ala Hokage-style
    Last edited by Notak; November 15, 2012 at 04:58 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    What I meant was that no one could counter KS, so she was no special case and was better off healing everyone. I actually don't think she is better suited for the Quincy.

Yea that's the thing, no matter who you are, if Aizen's got you with the hypnosis ritual then you're pretty much powerless.

This time around, I think Unohana may be permitted to fight instead of put in the background. Imagine if her bankai is overpowered healing of herself and others.
    (Like, you cut her in half, and she just regenerates like nothing and ends up being a bitch to kill. Like Hougyoku-Aizen)

I agree that Unohana seems to receive the most respect in the Gotei 13. Even Yama's senior students don't dare put her down.

lol, what if Ichigo would become CC in the future? Naruto ala Hokage-style

Ichigo (A teenager), no matter how powerful, wise or smart he his ain't bossing around dudes & dudettes (in a messed up organisation) literally 100x his age.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Um yea, not like I was being serious. Although he does have the potential power-wise

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui possesses the maturity and wisdom a commander should show, Yamaji taught him well but from what he has shown he does not seem to possess the power. Unohana is probably the next one in line which may be one of the reasons why Yamaji told her not to get involved in the battle no matter what happened. The fourth squad was obviously not a high priority target, it would not have been a good move for her to go to the front lines and prove how big of a threat she is against an enemy Soul Society knew little about. I'm expecting the Vandenreich to pay dearly for overlooking her in the first assualt.

New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast