Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128

View Poll Results: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will live up to the eye-patch and be awesome

9 52.94%
  • He will still be CC by the end of the arc (alive)

2 11.76%
  • Everybody is a dropoff after Shigekuni Yamamoto

1 5.88%
  • He will get defeated by Bach

2 11.76%
  • He will team up with Ukitake to face Bach

1 5.88%
  • He will face the professor SR again and win

1 5.88%
  • Other (Mention)

1 5.88%
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the next Captain Commander?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber34 View Post
    Shunsui possesses the maturity and wisdom a commander should show, Yamaji taught him well but from what he has shown he does not seem to possess the power. Unohana is probably the next one in line which may be one of the reasons why Yamaji told her not to get involved in the battle no matter what happened. The fourth squad was obviously not a high priority target, it would not have been a good move for her to go to the front lines and prove how big of a threat she is against an enemy Soul Society knew little about. I'm expecting the Vandenreich to pay dearly for overlooking her in the first assualt.
    I kind of think what Shunsui's shown power wise is good enough to lead. Personally I'd take maturity and wisdom any day over power since you figure that what he lacks in power his soldiers (i.e. the other captains/seated oficers) would make up for. I don't think we know enough about either him or Unohana to have a good idea of who would be a better leader but we do know a few things that give him an advantage over her currently:

1) If your talking power then at least we know his Shikai is offensive. We don't really know much about Unohana's shikai. It may have offensive capabilities but as far as we know it only heals.
    2) He'll backstab an enemy to win a war quickly. There's no benefit for either side in prolonged warfare.
    3) He doesn't blindly follow orders.
    4) When his mentor/father figure/general died he stepped up. If anyone is keeping morale together its this guy.
    5) He cares for his subordinates. Not saying Unohana doesn't but based on what we know of his character he's not gona let his subordinates/comrades die out on the battlefield if he has the means to save them. (Even if it's a direct order)

I do agree though that the VR will probably pay dearly if they haven't considered her a threat.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well,if we take into consideration what that Royal Guard told Unohana (that the thing she should do know is not healing but ...(?)..)then it may be that she is going to take the seat of CC.

On that topic,does anyone think Unohana's Zanpakutou is actually NOT a healing-type ? It seems that her so-high-appreciated healing skills were taught to her,and before that she was most likely a pure battle type,hence the way the RG spoke to her.

Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    Well,if we take into consideration what that Royal Guard told Unohana (that the thing she should do know is not healing but ...(?)..)then it may be that she is going to take the seat of CC.

On that topic,does anyone think Unohana's Zanpakutou is actually NOT a healing-type ? It seems that her so-high-appreciated healing skills were taught to her,and before that she was most likely a pure battle type,hence the way the RG spoke to her.
    Well the different translations had me kind of confused but what i got from it was that she doesn't have the ability to heal as well as he (the royal guard guy) does so now her role is to fight. I didn't take that as now her role it to lead but hey you could be right.

And it could be possible that her zan is not a healing type but who knows. I've always wondered if the opposite of her healing techniques was more like Mayuri's and poison. All in all though I would bet she's strong as hell on the offensive but not that she's got the skills to lead. More like a warrior who's taken a vow to never kill again/use her sword on the offensive. Sort of like "Sword of the Stranger." Good movie if you get the chance to see it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine Unohana quickly healing herself in battle. That might make her a damn hard opponent for most chars.

But I don't think her healing abilities were only taught to her, her Shikai is itself a healing ability.
    So maybe she used to use her healing-Zan to heal herself only, and then she went "softer" like Yama and decided to use the ability for other people too?

That could be a reason for her to become CC.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't we make a poll?

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Shouldn't we make a poll?
    Thank you for mentioning it.
    I have added the poll now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am convinced that it will be Unohana because a) We know that the CC met with her just before going off to battle and he warned her to stay in the building, b)No other captain in the history of Bleach has been told by the CC to stand by and not do anything, and c) more than that, to protect oneself, as opposed to protecting Soul Society. I think that he told her the location of the King's Key. I think that the reason that we haven't seen her use her full powers is because she was chosen by him some time ago as the person who would succeed him, and because of that, he knew that she needed to keep a low profile. What better way than to have her lead the healers? And it's pretty obvious, that although she can fight, she doesn't want to use her full powers. I think that's why it really got to her when the RG guy told her that 'there was something else she should be doing.' I think that 'something else' is that she should be stepping forward and taking the place that the former CC meant for her to have. And we will probably see her in action very soon!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    I am convinced that it will be Unohana because a) We know that the CC met with her just before going off to battle and he warned her to stay in the building, b)No other captain in the history of Bleach has been told by the CC to stand by and not do anything, and c) more than that, to protect oneself, as opposed to protecting Soul Society. I think that he told her the location of the King's Key. I think that the reason that we haven't seen her use her full powers is because she was chosen by him some time ago as the person who would succeed him, and because of that, he knew that she needed to keep a low profile. What better way than to have her lead the healers? And it's pretty obvious, that although she can fight, she doesn't want to use her full powers. I think that's why it really got to her when the RG guy told her that 'there was something else she should be doing.' I think that 'something else' is that she should be stepping forward and taking the place that the former CC meant for her to have. And we will probably see her in action very soon!
    Wow you know i never thought of that. That's a pretty good theory...her being passed on the location of the kings key which is why she was ordered not to leave. My only question with that though is i thought the entire 4th squad was ordered not to leave. At least thats the impression I got from the convo between Unohana and Isane but i could be wrong. I mean you figure if Unohana did get the location of the Kings key then I could see her being ordered not to leave but then why not send out Isane and some of the 4th squad at least.

I'm hoping yama-ji was strategic enough to realize that the enemy was so powerful that the low ranking shinigami would have been cut down faster than they could have been healed. That's why he ordered her to stay put.

Still pulling for Shunsui!
    Last edited by Bajan4eva1; December 03, 2012 at 05:50 PM.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes The New Captain-Commander Kurosaki Ichigo?

There are many candidates for this position;

Zero Squad; anyone of them could do the job but the way how they talked about SS, no1 of them seems to be interested in the position of Captain-Commander.( on the other side, they have the best position in the whole SS, Soul King's Guardians)

Ichigo, Kenpachi, Urahara and Byakuya would be left. If we are talking only about reiatsu, Ichigo or Kenpachi would be the best option, but Byakuya and Urahara are the better strategists.

What are your thoughts about this??

Are there other Shinigamis, which you could see as the Captain-Commander??

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Komamura for CC!

just so that he has the same number of votes as Aizen (also unlikely to become CC) AND more than Ukitake, Urahara and all the Royal Guards votes all added together!
    Last edited by zimbardo; December 07, 2012 at 03:38 AM.
    Infinite RAGE!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    Komamura for CC!

just so that he has the same number of votes as Aizen (also unlikely to become CC) AND more than Ukitake, Urahara and all the Royal Guards votes all added together!
    (=
    Personality-wise, he would make a great Captain-Commander, Komamura.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The New Captain-Commander Kurosaki Ichigo?

Quote Originally Posted by homaster View Post
    There are many candidates for this position;

Zero Squad; anyone of them could do the job but the way how they talked about SS, no1 of them seems to be interested in the position of Captain-Commander.( on the other side, they have the best position in the whole SS, Soul King's Guardians)

Ichigo, Kenpachi, Urahara and Byakuya would be left. If we are talking only about reiatsu, Ichigo or Kenpachi would be the best option, but Byakuya and Urahara are the better strategists.

What are your thoughts about this??

Are there other Shinigamis, which you could see as the Captain-Commander??
    If it's just about reiatsu, then maybe Kenpachi or Ichigo could one day take the position. But I would hope that it's not just about raw power. It's a postition of the utmost responsibility and requires discipline, thought and a mind for tactics and strategy. Kenpachi can get become as strong as he likes (although I don't think he'll ever come close to Yama), but personality wise, he's a bit of an animal, and anything but responsible. He might be more suited to the role of Royal Guard then Captain Commander, but again, that depends on what the exact criteria for promotion to the RG are. In Ichigo's case, it's hard to say - right now he's just a youth, and that's by human standards. He's a baby in Soul Society terms. But a few centuries down the line who knows what kind of leader he could be. Personally I find it difficult to picture him taking the position of a supreme military commander, but he's got a long time to grow up.

But SS needs a Captain-Commander right now, and I think Unohana's the most likely person to fill the role. Some Zero Division members probably do have the strength, skill and experience, but they've got their own jobs to do. They can't just abandon their position, which evidently requires more than just protecting the Soul King, but also keeping watch their own personal city. Unohana is the most senior living member of the Gotei 13, is apparently quite strong from what little we've heard and although she's served as the head of the healing squad, is implied to be rather experienced in battle as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling Kyouraku will take the role that's based on the fact of him being the top 3 oldest, then we have to take into account that he is keeping a vague cool head atm which is what the Gotei needs right about now, and the reason i chose him over Unohana was due to the fact that we don't know alot about her she may have a darkside that really shouldn't be leader material, in the chapter where the yakuza RG interacted with Unohana it felt more like he was poking at her to try and get her to snap, i mean even Kyouraku gave a hint that something may happen with her soon
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/517/18
    This is the page with the panel mentioned, to me she has taken the role of healer to amend for her past sins to seek salvation as it were, and with the way her hair is platted towards the front it has a feeling of being 'closed off' so to speak. What i'm trying to say is her past might effect her, i mean let's face it if she was a 'blood thirsty killer' and its been nearly 1000 years since she killed then her thirst may come back
    Last edited by devstauk; December 10, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unohana probably. But I don't believe there will be another Captain commander until possibly the end of the series. SS a whole may change, this war with the Quincy might also change the outlook from a shinigami perspective. Also two of the most iconic figures within SS was defeated rather easily Imo, so people of Sereitei and even possibly the Royal Realm has a lot to look forward to in contrast to the events that had just occured.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner themincookie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the cats out of the bag now.

But even before it was revealed Soi Fon wouldn't have even been considered for the CC position. In every character book released thus far she has been shown to have immense power and stamina but lack intellect. We can see it in the way she acts, she'll openly criticize anyone regardless of their position or her own (tsk tsk, no manners; even for a captain).

New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast