Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Robotics;Notes

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Robotics;Notes

Robotics;Notes

Title: Robotics;Notes
    Episodes: unknown
    Aired: Oct 12, 2012 to ?
    Producers: Production I.G
    Genres: Sci-Fi

Summary:

2019, Divergence Ratio 1.048596. The near future, where a device popularly called the PokeCom, packaged with PhoneDroid OS, spreads, bringing the Augmented Reality world close to existence.

Chuuoutanegashima High School's Robot Research Club is in danger of losing its club status. Kaito Yashio, one of only two members, is only obsessed with robot fighting games, showing no interest in the Robo Club even in this situation. The reckless, useless club head, Akiho Senomiya, aims to complete a giant robot, struggling hard to avoid losing the club's status.

Then, one day, Kaito discovers the A.R. annotation that becomes the Kimishima Report. Written in that report is the indictment of someone named Kou Kimishima's conspiracy involving the world.

Comment:

It plays in the same world as Steins;Gate, 'nuff said~ This alone is enough reason to make me give it a try Really curious how it will be but I feel like it's near to impossible to deliver the same level of awesomeness as SG did.
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; October 11, 2012 at 09:30 AM.

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Robotics;Notes

I saw the first episode today. I had to say I wasn't really made so curious or hyped up with the second episode. To add with I'm not really a fan of mecha and robots (Code Geass not included; it was an exception lol), so the plot was rather heavy for me in this first episode. It's rare to see a girl so interested in robots, but because she is all alone, I kinda raised my eyebrow a bit.

Since it's a friend of S;G I'll stick around a bit more to see how it will progress.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished watching the 1st episode. Just like S;G, I think the first episode does not reveal much about what is going to be the main conflict. So, would it take 12 episodes before it's getting more serious, like S;G? Only time will tell. The animation quality is good, but to be honest I prefer White Fox crisp animation. The only cliffhanger moment is the girl shown in the end of the episode, would it be also related to future?. Different with phio, I'm a huge fan of Mecha genre, so I will stick with this until the first cour, and then I'll decide whether I should drop this or not.

The personality of the characters so far do not make me interested tho. Probably I'm just interested in Aki, a female high-schooler version of Okabe.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I saw the first episode today. I had to say I wasn't really made so curious or hyped up with the second episode. To add with I'm not really a fan of mecha and robots (Code Geass not included; it was an exception lol), so the plot was rather heavy for me in this first episode. It's rare to see a girl so interested in robots, but because she is all alone, I kinda raised my eyebrow a bit.

Since it's a friend of S;G I'll stick around a bit more to see how it will progress.
    Hard to judge at the moment, I'm not really that big of a mecha fan either but if a series is good (like CG XD) even something you aren't totally fond of can turn out great. S.G. wasn't really impressive at first either so I will definitely continue watching.

What I've noticed is that the girl at the end is the sole theme of the "ED", which is the same style used in Steins;Gate (where the whole ending featured Makise). I wonder if she will have a similar important role~

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Finished watching the 1st episode. Just like S;G, I think the first episode does not reveal much about what is going to be the main conflict. So, would it take 12 episodes before it's getting more serious, like S;G? Only time will tell. The animation quality is good, but to be honest I prefer White Fox crisp animation. The only cliffhanger moment is the girl shown in the end of the episode, would it be also related to future?. Different with phio, I'm a huge fan of Mecha genre, so I will stick with this until the first cour, and then I'll decide whether I should drop this or not.

The personality of the characters so far do not make me interested tho. Probably I'm just interested in Aki, a female high-schooler version of Okabe.
    Agreed, the animation was good but S.G's animation had a more special feeling to it. I think I mentioned everything else in my answer to phio above but again, judging characters at this point is way too early too. To be honest neither Okabe nor Makise seemed that interesting/likeable at first but in the end I loved them both

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Hard to judge at the moment, I'm not really that big of a mecha fan either but if a series is good (like CG XD) even something you aren't totally fond of can turn out great. S.G. wasn't really impressive at first either so I will definitely continue watching.

What I've noticed is that the girl at the end is the sole theme of the "ED", which is the same style used in Steins;Gate (where the whole ending featured Makise). I wonder if she will have a similar important role~
    Aye, I agree. That's why I said I would stick around. I checked CG out because of CLAMP, and I checked R;N because of S;G. I had just recommended S;G to a friend and after a complaint from him for the boring first few episodes, he finally saw how awesome the series actually is. I hope that at least R;N would be like that. Improvements are to be expected and if they can make the story exciting since the beginning why not? But it is too early to judge indeed, from experience, so we'll see. <3

Ah, right, that's an interesting point. I believe we haven't seen the girl featured in the ED yet, right? I'm looking forward to the role this girl will play, if it would be like Christina.

Agreed, the animation was good but S.G's animation had a more special feeling to it. I think I mentioned everything else in my answer to phio above but again, judging characters at this point is way too early too. To be honest neither Okabe nor Makise seemed that interesting/likeable at first but in the end I loved them both
    And I agree again. You're right about animation. S;G started rather different. The art was not very special but something was different. R;N is more general in artwork.

And we should stop comparing it to S;G, LOOL~

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to retract my previous statement, since the 3rd episode is cool and hilarious at the same time. I was kinda pessimistic that this episode would be as boring as the previous two episodes, but I'm glad that I was wrong. 3rd episode is definitely has some significant improvements technically and substantially.

I suppose that Kai also has a time-related ability too like Reading Steiner? The Robo-One battle is far from thrilling, but I laughed during Subaru introduction as Mr. Pleaides (spcheck?) and that's just simply hilarious and stupid. The blonde girl seems like a german, no? since she is called as "Frau". I hope that the 4th episode would be as entertaining as this.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed (again) with Dorakun. Thanks, episode 3; because of you I'm starting to like this series!

The highlight of the episode, obviously, was the battle. But I enjoyed the characters having "fun" in their own way, in addition to quite a character insight on Kai on the last episode. Aki-chan's sister is very suspicious, of course. She was once the member of the robotic club, but now there is just something strange with her. Like there is a bigger conspiracy behind this. And looks like the club attracted Frau's attention for her to visit Japan directly. And she seemed to know Kai from first glance? ... I'm more surprised "Frau" is a "she", honestly.

We're only 3 episodes so far yet we haven't fully seen what the summary said, so I still have hopes for this. Slow like S;G it may be, but I wish it'll improve just like S;G did.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is already obvious since the first episode that Frau is a women, judging from the OP and ED, right? I'm wondering whether this character might be a central part in the story line since.. well she's really huge in the ED. Just take that as a little hint from the studio.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The highlight of the episode, obviously, was the battle. But I enjoyed the characters having "fun" in their own way, in addition to quite a character insight on Kai on the last episode. Aki-chan's sister is very suspicious, of course. She was once the member of the robotic club, but now there is just something strange with her. Like there is a bigger conspiracy behind this. And looks like the club attracted Frau's attention for her to visit Japan directly. And she seemed to know Kai from first glance? ... I'm more surprised "Frau" is a "she", honestly.

We're only 3 episodes so far yet we haven't fully seen what the summary said, so I still have hopes for this. Slow like S;G it may be, but I wish it'll improve just like S;G did.
    As Aki-chans sister she seems really weird, from the flashback it appeared like she was really enthusiastic too but now she's so disimpassioned

and I don't know what you two have, I liked the first two episodes it had a slow start though and the 3rd episode definitely was an improvement

I suppose that Kai also has a time-related ability too like Reading Steiner? The Robo-One battle is far from thrilling, but I laughed during Subaru introduction as Mr. Pleaides (spcheck?) and that's just simply hilarious and stupid. The blonde girl seems like a german, no? since she is called as "Frau". I hope that the 4th episode would be as entertaining as this.
    Something like Reading Steiner seems likely, I agree I doubt this will be related to time travel but he definitely has an unusual ability there and the director + Aki's sister seem to have noticed. There were some flashbacks too that hinted at something that happened in the past and it didn't look like something good

"Frau" (or Fr.) would be the the german "Mrs." in case it's used before a name, otherwise it means woman.

I think it is already obvious since the first episode that Frau is a women, judging from the OP and ED, right? I'm wondering whether this character might be a central part in the story line since.. well she's really huge in the ED. Just take that as a little hint from the studio.
    ? but Frau Kojiro was the blond girl while th ending shows the girl with the grey hairs that we saw at the end of the first episode. Or am I missing something?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I skipped both OP and ED.

As Aki-chans sister she seems really weird, from the flashback it appeared like she was really enthusiastic too but now she's so disimpassioned
    She is the kind of person with hidden motives, you know. Or what seems like bad guy but will later turn good. Just a hunch.

and I don't know what you two have, I liked the first two episodes it had a slow start though and the 3rd episode definitely was an improvement
    LOL~ The beginning was slow. I read the summary again, and was wondering when we would get to touch the last few lines of the summary as it seemed to be the real purpose of the plot. But now I'm enjoying the pace, I think. ^^

Something like Reading Steiner seems likely, I agree I doubt this will be related to time travel but he definitely has an unusual ability there and the director + Aki's sister seem to have noticed. There were some flashbacks too that hinted at something that happened in the past and it didn't look like something good
    I really thought it was just a coincidence. And he wasn't feeling well before that too.

Honestly speaking I prefer Kai to be someone normal, without all those skills, but say that thanks to all the battles he would have to fight from now on he will develop his own analyzing skill. <3333

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Trust me, the first two episodes look like a slice-of-life anime. It's just.. slow and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan
    ? but Frau Kojiro was the blond girl while the ending shows the girl with the grey hairs that we saw at the end of the first episode. Or am I missing something?
    I'm such a

You're right, honestly I didn't pay that much of attention to the girl in the ED, I thought they have the same hair colors.

I skipped both OP and ED.
    If you didn't skip the OP then you would know immediately that Kojiro is a woman

---------------------------------

Episode 4 is cool, but it still cannot beat the third episode. Elephant-Mouse syndrome huh, Kai has a very useful power but I feel sorry because Aki's power seems a little bit useless. The girl in the ED still a mystery, what kind of creature is she? . This show is getting better with the presence of Otaku Frau Kojiro in it

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 4 is cool, but it still cannot beat the third episode. Elephant-Mouse syndrome huh, Kai has a very useful power but I feel sorry because Aki's power seems a little bit useless. The girl in the ED still a mystery, what kind of creature is she? . This show is getting better with the presence of Otaku Frau Kojiro in it
    Agreed.

I'm loving Frau in her own style. So cool.

Is that Aki-chan's power? It sounds like a troublesome illness to me, can't see how it can be a power. XD And if that is Kai's power, like Reading Steiner, then it's going to be very interesting... But won't it be boring as well? Since he'd be able to read opponents' moves mostly. And the syndrome and the strange power awakened when they were both too exhausted. That accident in the past now sounded like some kind of alien attack which gave them special powers, really. XD

---------- Post added November 10, 2012 at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was November 06, 2012 at 02:28 PM ----------

Aigoo, aigoo, Aki and Kai, eh? Their name matches, so no problem at all. I'll support them all the way!

It feels a bit too sudden, honestly speaking. Now we finally see who is that girl on the ending, but after all the robots hype and craziness, now we see something weird in a report and at NASA. Now we finally touched the summary completely, but I think it feels a bit too... on the other side of the current plot so far. I hope to see them being tied together nicely.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Aigoo, aigoo, Aki and Kai, eh? Their name matches, so no problem at all. I'll support them all the way!

It feels a bit too sudden, honestly speaking. Now we finally see who is that girl on the ending, but after all the robots hype and craziness, now we see something weird in a report and at NASA. Now we finally touched the summary completely, but I think it feels a bit too... on the other side of the current plot so far. I hope to see them being tied together nicely.
    New shipping material

Too bad since Kai is still oblivious though

Different from you, I'm happy with this plot development, and I think it's completely okay. Finally the pace is getting faster, and I can't wait for more conspiracy revelation. One thing that perplexing me is how the focus changed from Robot stuff into Aerospace stuff.. that was unexpected, but that's totally fine in my book as long as they are able to be explained logically.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

New shipping material

Too bad since Kai is still oblivious though
    I really hate this kind of situation.

But it's already twice this far that Kai is willing to do something crazy to help Aki (oooh, the story of red manjuuu). And they were holding hands in that ship incident. /shoujo mode is being turned on so never mind me

Different from you, I'm happy with this plot development, and I think it's completely okay. Finally the pace is getting faster, and I can't wait for more conspiracy revelation. One thing that perplexing me is how the focus changed from Robot stuff into Aerospace stuff.. that was unexpected, but that's totally fine in my book as long as they are able to be explained logically.
    As long as they are explained logically, of course. I just haven't seen yet where's the connection of robot and problems with the sun (not like robots can stop the sun from exploding, right?) so look forward to it.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that definitely was a sudden turn of events I wonder what's so special about Kai, it can't just be that "SS Anemone" incident because that AI said she tried to get in contact with him for 8 years. Or wait, when exactly was that incident? I think it was mentioned when it happened but I totally forgot x___x

anyway, going from robots to a "the sun will destroy the earth" scenario is definitely weird, made a lot more sense with SG and it's time machine. I hope they will be able to deliver a good connection for RN as well.

I can only agree with Doku though, finally we get some serious stuff after all the hints. It's about time (and IIRC then things started to get more serious around that time in Steins Gate too XD) and while the characters are way less special compared to SG it reminds me of it more and more. I guess it's that "big organization conspiracy and we need to stop them" scenario

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast