Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Robotics;Notes

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Robotics;Notes

I didn't expect that as well. Especially since Kai was talking rather seriously, kinda hurt because of Frau's response to his story, so I was thinking she would've said something a bit fun to cheer him up. And because I didn't take her seriously before that I guess, given her strange attitude (which I love in a special way of course, lol). There's always another side to everyone, eh. I'm glad to see that from Frau. Looking forward to see more of things like that from other characters, especially Aki, since so far we've only seen one side of her super excited energetic self, apart from her illness. XD

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

On a sidenote I have to say that I'm more and more looking forward to watching the series. I was really sceptic because of the very bad response Chaos;Head (the first series to play in that universe) had but so far this looks like it could turn out pretty good. The characters are less memorable at the moment with the exception of Frau but the I feel like the story could turn out pretty good. I believe we will reach the turning point soon, probably very close to the time it happened in Steins;Gate. This will probably decide if I rate the show above or below "good".

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 8, nyahaha~

Here we are expecting something big and yet... It's funny, though, to see Aki's strange family. I really wonder about that. Her father works in a robot/space company, wants to help her but go roundabout for that. Aki looks up to her sister so much, yet know she is abandoned by her with that working reason. That just tickles me so much.

This episode didn't really show many new things, I guess, besides more reports and that everything that happens around them is related to the content of the report. Now my bad mind said that the people of the enemy group may be closer than imagined, for example this new Tennouji Nae. XD

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

The pace is getting slower this time.. I think the studio really wants to save the best of the story for the later part. The new girl from JAXA looks like very likeable character, even though I assume she's just a typical Genki girl like Aki. Kai's adventure goes on, and he still needs to get the other 5 parts of Kou's diary. I'm expecting something big to happen by the next two episodes.

Also, since Airi is now acknowledged by Aki-chan, I also cannot wait to see them interacting with each other, and would Airi reveal the story about the conspiracy to Aki-chan?.

Also, another Evangelion reference this week

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    The pace is getting slower this time.. I think the studio really wants to save the best of the story for the later part. The new girl from JAXA looks like very likeable character, even though I assume she's just a typical Genki girl like Aki. Kai's adventure goes on, and he still needs to get the other 5 parts of Kou's diary. I'm expecting something big to happen by the next two episodes.

Also, since Airi is now acknowledged by Aki-chan, I also cannot wait to see them interacting with each other, and would Airi reveal the story about the conspiracy to Aki-chan?.

Also, another Evangelion reference this week
    Kai seems to be rather secretive (or I'm hoping he just wants to protect Aki-chan ) so I don't see the information sharing to happen very soon. But with Aki's attitude... It may happen faster.

What reference? Now that I've almost finished Evangelion I can probably understand a bit, though I don't see anything related.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Kai seems to be rather secretive (or I'm hoping he just wants to protect Aki-chan ) so I don't see the information sharing to happen very soon. But with Aki's attitude... It may happen faster.

What reference? Now that I've almost finished Evangelion I can probably understand a bit, though I don't see anything related.
    I think Kai is not secretive, he's just lazy and apathetic . I agree that he would not tell Aki-chan about the Kou's conspiracy very soon, but since Aki knows about Airi, I suspect that at the end of the day, she would get curious and ask Kai about it.

It's the Gendo pose that Aki imitated when the Robotics club had a meeting with JAXA.

By the way, I really forgot that Tennouji Nae is Mr. Brown's daughter in Steins;Gate. It's nice to see some correlation between Steins;Gate and Robotics;Note even though not much (until now).

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

She did follow him to the go-kart course, he may have told her at least the basics on the way. She did not find Airi until the end of the episode, if he had explained everything this week their discussion would have to be rushed. He'll probably explain everything next week. He may be lazy and apathetic, but she'll force everything out of him. I'm expecting a big "what is going on here kai" speech from her during episode 9.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be rather disappointed if the next episode is just spent for Kai explaining things to Aki, need more action. But we still have a long way to go as well so I guess it's okay~

I think Kai is not secretive, he's just lazy and apathetic . I agree that he would not tell Aki-chan about the Kou's conspiracy very soon, but since Aki knows about Airi, I suspect that at the end of the day, she would get curious and ask Kai about it.
    Yeah. I guess there's a part of that from him as well. He seems like he's trying to ignore Aki, but eventually can't resist to help her.

By the way, I really forgot that Tennouji Nae is Mr. Brown's daughter in Steins;Gate. It's nice to see some correlation between Steins;Gate and Robotics;Note even though not much (until now).
    .... *revelation* ...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I'd be rather disappointed if the next episode is just spent for Kai explaining things to Aki, need more action. But we still have a long way to go as well so I guess it's okay~
    I can't imagine she would let him keep such a big secret. Now that she knows about Airi, she will probably demand the details from him. She usually seems to get her way, no matter how reluctant he is. Maybe he holds out for a little while, stretching things out a bit, but she's bound to force the truth out of him, just like she managed to forced him to be the pilot during Robo-One. He might demand she beat him in Kill Ballad until a plot appropriate moment forces him to reveal all. At some point, even if it's not for a few more episodes, he will have to tell her the truth.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Even after reading your post, it took me a few days to realize that was S;G's Nae

MAL also lists Daru as an R;N supporting character.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Even after reading your post, it took me a few days to realize that was S;G's Nae

MAL also lists Daru as an R;N supporting character.
    I couldn't help it and read the spoiler regarding Daru in Robotics;Notes. Stopped after the first sentence but I'm already regretting it.

Well all I can say is that I didn't expect this....

I enjoy the fact that we have a reappearance of S;G characters though, looking forward to see more about them.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the appearance of characters from S;G is kind of surprising for me. I thought the series have some kind of loose association; with some "old" characters appearing it shows a stronger connection. Especially the way nii-kun talking they seem to play quite a role as well. I wish the plot the best then. XDD

Now I can't help wondering if we'll see the main characters of S;G. Um, no, no, don't answer me if you know it.

---------- Post added December 07, 2012 at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was December 06, 2012 at 09:20 PM ----------

And there you are. Kai decided to tell Frau first. Oh, my. And of course, moments with Frau is always refreshingly funny.

I want to hug Aki-chan in this episode~ So much for her efforts so far. She really looks up to his sister, but doesn't it feel like inferiority complex a bit? She is actually sad deep inside. And I don't know where that power at the end of the episode comes from, but looking forward to it.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Frau getting a starstruck when meeting Airi is priceless, I like her character even more.

I agree the last part of Episode 9 is bittersweet. The moment where Aki's dreams are suddenly shattered by reality right before her must be really painful. What intrigues me more is the very last scene where Aki-chan's sister smiles cynically. I just feel that her persona seems quite different from the flashbacks which have been shown until this episode. What caused her personality changed so drastically is bugging me.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Promotional Video from Comiket for the second half of Robotics;Notes. Oh my god does it look like it is going to be amazing. New episodes will begin airing on January 10:

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

There will also be a Robotics;Notes stage play next year, during Golden Week

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the last episode was quite good too but forgot to make a comment here

but that preview sure looks amazing. I was prepared that the real story would start after the first half but this looks better than I thought

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. The preview is much more intense than what I expected. In Steins;Gate the action did not really start until episode 12, the pace of R;N has been similar, so I expected about the same. Episode 11 was a clear turning point, with the last episode of Gunbarrel leaked, the robotics industries evil plans being revealed, and Kai contacting Misaki.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast