Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Robotics;Notes

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Robotics;Notes

This is currently my only anime watching for the season. I hope they show more connection with Steins Gate from this series.
    They should also show Kai's family since they take us a peek on Aki's (and a bit on Junna, Frau and Subaru's..)

..and yes I love Frau's memes

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Longer Preview of the second half:

I'm really looking forward to the second half, I hope it lives up to the promising trailer.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh..finished watching all 11 episodes of R;N. Guess things starts to get serious now.
    After what i've watched I think it is highly possible that the Gunvarrel anime was part of a huge propaganda to kill 5 billion people by whoever is behind it, NASA?
    It's probably sound to say that the Gunvarrel anime was the driving force behind the robot bloom and the cause of all the robot companies starting up. Won't be surprised that the Koujima guy found out about everything and decided to work with Fraun's mother to animate the final episode of Gunvarrel so that people can learn the truth but got killed by the higher ups in the process.
    I think whoever killed the top 3 players and leaked the video out is not NASA, or the one behind the conspiracy but someone else entirely.

I guess that would also explain the drastic change in Misa-nee, she was like Aki under the impression of how amazing robots are but only to find out later the terrible truth that all robots were just meant to be used for this plan or something along that lines.

But that sounds too predictable and simple for something like R;N so I'm really on the edge here.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 12 was pretty good, although it doesn't directly jump to the main plot. Looks like all anime is taking a preparation episode after their breaks, eh? Anyway, while I wasn't very interested with the background stories of supporting characters (except Frau, since she seems to be related to the whole case more than the others), it's not that bad.

The trailer looks quite intense. Robots gone mad? Definitely looking forward to that.

Maybe you mean JAXA, Zelx? What you say is an interesting theory. The last episode of Gunvarrel anime was rather surprising, I wonder what exactly the meaning of that. Maybe like what Zelx said, or more like a warning of what should be done, destroying the robots before they gone mad like what we see in the preview? But then again, what's the role of the Gunvarrel Aki and Kai are going to make? I can't wait to see the main plot growing. Hope it comes fast, we're already halfway through the series, hoho~

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The pacing has been similar to Steins;Gate. Seemingly slow but quietly laying the foundation for later action. Episode 12 was fun, it was good to see Jun get a little character development. She previously had been the only club member without any backstory. Episode 13 was exactly what I was waiting for though, it seems that the set up is done, and the action is starting. Very intense episode. I did not expect Kona to be framed for the robot revolt. I expect that whatever happened to her is also what happened to the top three gamers. Hopefully Kona survives her suicide attempt, she's so far my favorite character.

Being an astronomy nerd really paid off this week. All the science about the sun actually made a little sense.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I give up on the science part. But it's still interesting nevertheless. So now robots and sun put humanity in danger? Ehh.

Episode 13 is cool. Agree with you, Kait, that the plot is ready to grow even more after the introduction. I think Frau is even more a freak in this episode, it seems that she was stressed with the last Gunvarrel episode because people would be mad at her mother as the producer. And even later she was framed for the robot attacks. Poor Kona-chan~ I'm still wondering about the monopole, didn't really understand what it is and what it can/will be used for. We'll see. Looks like Kai hasn't told Aki about the reports? And one last thing is about why everyone wanted to forget Kimijima Kou (since he seems to be the good guy right now). Can't imagine Misa-nee to be someone bad. Probably related to Gunvarrel anime and secrets of robots/astronomy-related companies.

---------- Post added February 08, 2013 at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was January 21, 2013 at 08:45 PM ----------

About latest episode. One word. OUCH.

I didn't really expect that to happen, guess it's getting interesting in a way. We still have 6 episodes left and I'm still rather confused with the whole plot to be honest. Where things are going, why this and that are happening... While I'm following the series eagerly to find that out, having to sit through some episodes without even clues is rather.. troublesome. ^^;

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see that coming either. Great episode, the intensity has been building ever since the second cour began. It feels like the real action is about to start.

I'm kind of starting to get the feeling that a second anime is already planned. I can't imagine the entire plot being resolved in six episodes, especially since most of the secrets have not been revealed. I don't know enough about the game to say for certain, but it is starting to feel like they split it into two parts. That's what KyoAni did with Clannad, the game was too big to animate in two cour. They planned on two separate seasons from the start. Juts a hunch that R;N is the same. I feel like this season will climax with Kai reading the final report and the Robot Expo. Something dramatic will happen at the expo, revealing the truth about the robotics companies, and the season will end in a cliffhanger.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you Kait, I can't imagine the plot will be solved in the remaining three episodes. Finally things are getting really serious. I didn't expect Kimijima Kou and Aki's sister scheming some grand plan, I wonder what they want to accomplish with creating a substorm.

And now it's officially revealed that Nae is Mr. Braun's daughter, I couldn't help smiling when Toshiyuki told Kai to greet S. Braun seems like she's on the "good" guy's side too. Now I wonder if we will see Daru soon too

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I'm confused. I don't really understand the whole thing, Aki trying so hard with the robots, robots going crazy, then Kou and Misa, people coming for Frau, and the secret plan behind all of it. Is it me being stupid or has the plot not explained properly? I'm not sure what I'm watching anymore, many threads and I don't know how to connect them altogether. @_@

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, everything has been explained in a way just not as clear.
    Koujima Kou is part of the 300 committee and had planned for Project Atom, where a black hole will take down 5 billion people (plan by committee of 300)
    This can be achieved using the rocket launched from the island that Aki and the rest was from.

The Koujima reports are probably there in order for him to make use of the chaos that resulted in the leak of the reports(and to skillfully hide his identity as the mastermind).
    Yes, it was all planned...look at how easy it was to cheat in some of the reports!
    Airi was created for this reason too. I'm not sure why it's specifically our MC that has to be the one that unlocks all the reports.
    Also, Mizuka died because Koujima didn't want her to stop our MC from retrieving the final report and leaking it.

The media tried to cover it up with propaganda but then with the last episode of Gunvarrel being leaked earlier on, it will help to cause mass hysteria and panic.
    The solar flares(they don't even exist) are just lies by the media/committee of 300 and a huge propaganda that helps fuel this chaos.
    Hence, they will make use of this chance to launch the rockets. Same reasoning as when you create riots in a country but make use of it to rob a bank.

It's kindda roundabout way to go about it but he had to make use of the chaos in order for him to take control of the space stations
    to launch his rockets(creating several black holes to make a huge one that will lead to world destruction) .

I think the people that came for Frau intended to silence her because she had found out too much while investigating her mother's trail.

Aki is well...Aki. A girl with an indomitable will and she never really did understood why her sister left her in the first place, this was explained in this episode(20).
    But even without understanding that, she just wants to constantly try to catch up to her sister and she really loves robots.

Just like Steins and Chaos, Robotics managed to really build up to the climax. But I think it's really harder to grasp the plot than Steins but
    Chaos was worse. Anime could have done better with the explaining, I'm still a little confused.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the explanation.

Although I'm still not comfortable with the plot, episode 21's confession was the best. What I need exactly, lol. And Kona-chan's face there is now splendidly displayed as my wallpaper, I'm so proud of her. She makes amazing face quite often, although mainly it relates to hentai thoughts. :|

The question will be how exactly Kou controlled Misaki, because it seems like he's inside her through some kind of mind-controlling device (the clothes?) or whatever it is. As for the others, I still don't understand how Kou made Airi to come with a gun to shoot them... What is he, a programmer or a mind controller? -__-

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Thanks so much for the explanation.

Although I'm still not comfortable with the plot, episode 21's confession was the best. What I need exactly, lol. And Kona-chan's face there is now splendidly displayed as my wallpaper, I'm so proud of her. She makes amazing face quite often, although mainly it relates to hentai thoughts. :|

The question will be how exactly Kou controlled Misaki, because it seems like he's inside her through some kind of mind-controlling device (the clothes?) or whatever it is. As for the others, I still don't understand how Kou made Airi to come with a gun to shoot them... What is he, a programmer or a mind controller? -__-
    The confession was amazing, best moment of the whole series!

The part of the series that makes the least sense, to me, is the Committee of the 300. I know Koujima Kou was a member, and understand they initially planned Project Atum. Other than that, I feel like the details are lacking.

Koujima is able to control Misaki through the exosuit. He communicates with her through Iru-O. He uses the suit to constrain, and even control, her movements, from Iru-O. If she disobeys, he can simply walk her off a cliff, just like what happened to Mizuka.

Theoretically, he could have brainwashed Airi while she was in suspended animation, subliminally hypnotizing her and giving orders. A simple psychological trigger could have activated her orders. Not exactly realistic, but the best explanation I can think of.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that ending was pretty bad and anticlimatic =/ everything got resolved way too fast and nothing got explained/answered so I'm rather disappointed.

Not sure if we can expect some kind of continuation but maybe Zel can help us. As far as I know he played the game so he should know if everything important was covered.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with nii-kun. To be honest I still don't see the connection of the robot Aki made to fight Misa, haha. Thinking again robots are only icons here, used so rarely as a plot device, that spending the whole ending with them feels a bit strange...

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4