Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Obito should have been left dead by the author.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Obito should have been left dead by the author.

If Naruto had just smashed the head of the masked man with the Rasengan and killing him in the process, following by Obito jumping out of nowhere saying "Hi, I am alive and working for Madara" it would not have made much of a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    Exactly. He had been talking about being Madara, the SO6P, Senjus and Uchihas all along. And now that his identity is revealed, he suddenly became the emo lover who lost his love.
    Obito is an Uchiha, and Kakashi is an inheritor of Senju's Will of Fire, which the conflict is all about.
    He also follows the dualism of rivals ( Hashirama/Madara, Hiruzen / Danzou, Jiriaya / Orochimaru, Kakashi / Obito, Naruto / Sasuke ), so yeah, actually Obito fits in the themes of the manga.
    Hell he's Naruto's perfect foil, Kishi is showing us, just like he did with Gaara, one of the paths Naruto could've took.

One can argue about how Tobito was delivered and how it transformed the Tobi character, but he fits the themes pretty well in my opinion.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member synapse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude he didn't just lose his lover, he also lost faith in heroes like Kakashi. And you only need Madara to add his own life experience to make him believe that this reality is useless.

Clearly Madara is not a Uchiha jingoist, he helped exterminate the entire clan in fact. Their motivations are beyond clan and relationships.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offensive bias View Post
    Clearly Madara is not a Uchiha jingoist, he helped exterminate the entire clan in fact. Their motivations are beyond clan and relationships.
    Wasn't that Obito?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Wasn't that Obito?
    I don't think Obito could've summoned the nine tails without Madara's help. I am assuming he was taking orders from Madara for a while.

Anyway Madara has no reason to warm up to the Uchihas after they betrayed him. That would be another reason why he might have decided to give up on reality.

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Obito is an Uchiha, and Kakashi is an inheritor of Senju's Will of Fire, which the conflict is all about.
    He also follows the dualism of rivals ( Hashirama/Madara, Hiruzen / Danzou, Jiriaya / Orochimaru, Kakashi / Obito, Naruto / Sasuke ), so yeah, actually Obito fits in the themes of the manga.
    Hell he's Naruto's perfect foil, Kishi is showing us, just like he did with Gaara, one of the paths Naruto could've took.

One can argue about how Tobito was delivered and how it transformed the Tobi character, but he fits the themes pretty well in my opinion.
    That is one of the most interesting parts of the story, in my opinion. This is a story about Naruto after all. After Kishi spelled out clearly that Naruto was filled with suppressed hatred, and that he admitted to Sasuke that their roles could have easily been reversed, I've found myself thinking even more than before "what if Naruto went mad?". It's very interesting to put villains like Nagato and Sasuke into perspective with that thought in mind, and now Obito too. I mean Obito basically is Naruto, personality wise, much more so than Gaara, Sasuke and Nagato were.

Overall I agree, like one can read from my earlier post, that Obito fits perfectly into the themes of the manga. The main theme has never been Uchiha vs Senju. That is merely a sub-theme to the theme above it in the hierarchy - rivarly. That has always been the main theme in NARUTO, in addition to themes like acknowledgement/acceptance and friendship (standard). On top of that the theme of the cycle of hatred has always been present in a strong degree too. One could argue if it is indeed the main theme, it certainly is of at least equal importance with the overall theme of rivalry in part 2, and Obito is very much a victim of the cycle of hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by offensive bias View Post
    Dude he didn't just lose his lover, he also lost faith in heroes like Kakashi. And you only need Madara to add his own life experience to make him believe that this reality is useless.

That is a very important point.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just so hard to accept that after all those years, Obito still can't move on from that single loss.
    All those people killed and the lives ruined was just because of a dead crush. He almost destroyed the whole Konoha and killed everyone in it. It's really too shallow for me.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Akabeth's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I read the OP and it immediately clicked with me. llydnarz it looks to me like you've gotten to the point where you're no longer sympathetic to the story telling. What you described is one of those things you feel as you follow a development; you recognize the offshoots, inefficiencies, back door solutions, and so forth. So it isn't surprising that the word "shallow" comes to mind regularly.

I hope Obito doesn't deter you from following this manga to the end though. I know I want to see it through
    "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So many plotholes, so many chapters wasted on explaining this stupid twist and bad writing on so many levels. Not to mention Obito's character and awesome line that inspired Kakashi has been defecated on, and Itachi is officially the only Uchiha whose not a whiny emo bitch. Shame really, Obito's goofy personality matched with his lack of talent made him a very interesting character as an Uchiha. Now he's just another Uchiha out for revenge.....for the worst reason out of all of them so far. Amazing trolling though. Naruto's pretty much reached the bottom of the hill thanks to this war arc.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess most people have a hard time to engulf this "war". As far Naruto background history goes, the ninja world wars have always been extremely brutal. But this time there wasn't a single character with a name who died.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member silver_soul's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just re-reading Kakashi's gaiden arc and it was so well written with Obito dying the way he did. Even as a reader when you knew Rin was most likely dead too. For him to be alive kinda cheapens one of the finest arcs Kishi's written in the manga. Mind you, there were more hints of Obito being Tobi than there were of Itachi being a goodie, I guess like that time we just overestimated Kishi's ability as a writer and expected the unexpected.

But this recent chapter was also pretty good. It does add depth to Obito and I don't agree with the idea that Obito is some kinda emo acting on limp reasoning. Not yet anyway. If he was, he would've shown more of a reaction with his first encounter with Kakashi but he just kept being his goofy old self. I also wonder why he didn't feel the need to reveal himself to Kakashi. He obviously doesn't think his identity matters as much as his ideals. Even if it means deceiving Kakashi in to thinking he was long since dead.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Obito should have been left dead by kishi?

Nah. Obito being tobi is no doubt an amazing twist for kishi.

But, if there's certain character who should have been left dead by kishi, is no other than itachi.

Kishi bring itachi back to life to trashed kabuto with an asspull uchiha jutsu. Kabuto who tried so hard for his thesis/experiment to gain a power to become the next villain, he even trained to become a dragon, and yet, he was being mistreated by kishi.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Other than the hair, there's no hints or foreshadow of Tobi being Obito.

The bag under Tobi's right eye indicated it could have been Madara or anyone with a bag. Tobi's warping was way different from Kakashi - where Kakashi could only do ranged warping, Tobi could warp both himself and anything touching him. His warp was also spiraling out of his eye, Kakashi had no spiral showing.

The attitude Tobi showed in the beginning was not like Obito's. Dumb Tobi was goofy, whereas Obito was stupid and not that socially stupid.

Hell, we never saw Obito mentioned at all in Part II before the war, whereas Izuna and Madara were mentioned at least once. We even saw some other Uchiha that could have been Tobi.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silver_soul View Post
    I was just re-reading Kakashi's gaiden arc and it was so well written with Obito dying the way he did. Even as a reader when you knew Rin was most likely dead too. For him to be alive kinda cheapens one of the finest arcs Kishi's written in the manga. Mind you, there were more hints of Obito being Tobi than there were of Itachi being a goodie, I guess like that time we just overestimated Kishi's ability as a writer and expected the unexpected.

But this recent chapter was also pretty good. It does add depth to Obito and I don't agree with the idea that Obito is some kinda emo acting on limp reasoning. Not yet anyway. If he was, he would've shown more of a reaction with his first encounter with Kakashi but he just kept being his goofy old self. I also wonder why he didn't feel the need to reveal himself to Kakashi. He obviously doesn't think his identity matters as much as his ideals. Even if it means deceiving Kakashi in to thinking he was long since dead.
    Really? Everytime I watched the gaiden Obito's death was rather abrupt and unjustified.

Although I do think some immaturity has been forced on to his character now compared to the gaiden. This is an obvious setup for a Naruto comparison.

Tobi's bonds with Konoha have been kept under covers all along. He didn't react to Kakashi...who were his parents??...hope these questions are answered

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not particularly intrigued by this Manga's constant show of so-called redemption at the price of many lives, hatred brought about by legitimate reasons, and open genocide in the name of jingoism. Then the people behind the national words of 'will of fire' are termed heroes at the cost of mindless killing, victims are left in the wake of war tragedies resulting directly from konoha's own disgusting political policies. But they are still sugar-coated as 'the will of fire'. I don't think the author himself knows what the heck he is doing. His portal of good definitely needs rechecking. Tobi feels like just another character added to the mix to exemplify this 'will of fire' nonsense. If he accepts this will, I will spit in air and imagine it to be Kishimot's mug.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast