Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 54 of 54

Thread: Obito should have been left dead by the author.

  1. #46
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obito should have been left dead by the author.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Other than the hair, there's no hints or foreshadow of Tobi being Obito.
    There kinda of was, Obito name means "person about to be corrupted". But the problem is that Kishimoto didn't left any clues in the history which is more important.

    It's kinda of funny that if Tobi was Izuna all misteries would be automatically answered. Instead we have the 30 years old guy who calls people of his same age "children" for no reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The bag under Tobi's right eye indicated it could have been Madara or anyone with a bag. Tobi's warping was way different from Kakashi - where Kakashi could only do ranged warping, Tobi could warp both himself and anything touching him. His warp was also spiraling out of his eye, Kakashi had no spiral showing.
    Tobi face was different from Obito, he had an adult body during his battle with Minato, spoke of as if he was an old person... it seems Kishimoto put a lot of effort in making the audience believe that he was not Obito.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Hell, we never saw Obito mentioned at all in Part II before the war, whereas Izuna and Madara were mentioned at least once. We even saw some other Uchiha that could have been Tobi.
    If I am not wrong Kakashi apologized to Obito for not being able to protect Rin when Pain killed him. But yeah, we don't really get much from Obito in Part II.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #47
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obito should have been left dead by the author.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    There kinda of was, Obito name means "person about to be corrupted". But the problem is that Kishimoto didn't left any clues in the history which is more important.

    It's kinda of funny that if Tobi was Izuna all misteries would be automatically answered. Instead we have the 30 years old guy who calls people of his same age "children" for no reason.
    And most of all someone who didn't give a fuck about Kakashi since the final battle.
    They faced each other three times prior that, all three times Obito didn't care one bit

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #48
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,833
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obito should have been left dead by the author.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    And most of all someone who didn't give a fuck about Kakashi since the final battle.
    They faced each other three times prior that, all three times Obito didn't care one bit
    Kishi had a change of heart. Why introduce a new character or make sense when you can recycle an illogical one.

    Plus, he might be on a budget, drawing adults costs more pencil and ink which Kishi cannot afford to waste. And a new character would require new designs etc.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #49
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Country
    Barbados
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obito should have been left dead by the author.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Considering that Naruto was the only one that is war-like and not a glorified battle-royale you can claim it's the worst or the best depending on how you feel about it. Bleach and One Piece weren't wars.
    Not to keep it off the topic of the thread but I'm pretty sure this most recent Bleach arc is a war. I mean we may not see all the strategics in Bleach like we do in Naruto but I mean SS is being invaded by an army. If that's not labeled as a war i don't know what is.

    Anyway I like the war arc in Naruto, just would have rather Obito stayed dead for the reasons i stated in my previous post. That's pretty much the only thing I disagree with in this arc.

  8. #50
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obito should have been left dead by the author.

    Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    In the last few chapters of this manga, have you noticed that Kakashi and Obito seemed to have stolen the show from Naruto and Sasuke?

    Because of the fact that Tobi is Obito, it now seem that this whole manga started because of Kakashi and Obito.
    Because if it wasn't for Obito, the leaf wouldn't be attacked by the nine tails. Kushina and Minato wouldn't have died. Naruto wouldn't be orphaned and he wouldn't carry the nine tails.
    And the Uchihas wouldn't be suspected and they wouldn't want to rebel against the leaf and they wouldn't be massacred.

    Now this is all just because Obito wanted revenge. And the others were just unlucky to be caught in between. Naruto and Sasuke look like just secondary characters now.
    As far as I'm reading, Obito went rouge because of witnessing Rin being killed by Kakashi. Also, her death is still left with questions and possibilities, so until that becomes revealed later on, will know the true reasonings behind all this.

    but, whether Obito ended up with Madara or not, I think, Madara would've eventually used some one else. Orochimaru for starters, would've been a prime candidate or Itcahi. Maybe even, Sasuke.

  9. #51
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obito should have been left dead by the author.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    There kinda of was, Obito name means "person about to be corrupted". But the problem is that Kishimoto didn't left any clues in the history which is more important.
    By that logic, Izanami was foreshadowed too when Tobi said Danzou was using Izanagi. The only relation Obito had to the story was with Kakashi whereas Madara was way more important as the catalyst. Hell, Izuna could have continued Madara's mission and have some relation to Naruto and especially Sasuke as well, being the one to take on Madara's mantle.

    Quote Quote:
    It's kinda of funny that if Tobi was Izuna all misteries would be automatically answered. Instead we have the 30 years old guy who calls people of his same age "children" for no reason.
    Back when he was pretending to be Madara?


    Quote Quote:
    Tobi face was different from Obito, he had an adult body during his battle with Minato, spoke of as if he was an old person... it seems Kishimoto put a lot of effort in making the audience believe that he was not Obito.
    Body being different, different style of speaking, and even voice I could believe. But Kishi was too inconsistent when he decided to change a physical appearance that shouldn't be changed.



    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    but, whether Obito ended up with Madara or not, I think, Madara would've eventually used some one else. Orochimaru for starters, would've been a prime candidate or Itcahi. Maybe even, Sasuke.
    Doubt he'd have used Orochimaru. Obito was stupid enough to follow Madara, from the looks of it, whereas Orochimaru would have his own agenda and could betray Madara easily. Orochimaru was more of a threat than Obito. Itachi wouldn't follow Madara either, and he wasn't even born yet.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  10. #52
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member silver_soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obito should have been left dead by the author.

    Quote Originally Posted by offensive bias View Post
    Really? Everytime I watched the gaiden Obito's death was rather abrupt and unjustified.

    Although I do think some immaturity has been forced on to his character now compared to the gaiden. This is an obvious setup for a Naruto comparison.

    Tobi's bonds with Konoha have been kept under covers all along. He didn't react to Kakashi...who were his parents??...hope these questions are answered
    That's exactly why I thought it was so well written. I hate some of these second chances that 'dead' characters keep getting to do/say stuff they didn't first time around. I though the whole point of of the gaiden was to give insight in to why Kakashi was the way he was, and his friend dying abruptly, full of regrets and unaccomplished in his goals just seemed to explain a lot about the guy.

    And they could have told Obito's history/lineage via Kakashi flashbacks or something. Although, like I said earlier I'm not too fussed about the way the story's going so I won't complain too much.

  11. #53
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obito should have been left dead by the author.

    Seriously though, when was Obito ever mentioned during Part II, other than when Kakashi died? You had Izuna and Madara mentioned, saw pictures of other Uchiha, and we even saw how Danzou looked a lot like Tobi around the right face area. Still feels like an asspull. At least with Itachi being nice, there were few hints that weren't necessarily contradicted, as much as I hate the idea of him not being an epic villain he was.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #54
    SCHWING LORD 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    23,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Obito should have been left dead by the author.

    Discussing if the 4th war was a legit war or not is off topic. This thread is about discussing Tobi's revelation and its consequences. Keep going.

    The war-posts have been moved to the 4th Great Shinobi World War thread. Head over and carry on. It was in need of love.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts