Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko 208 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 208 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I'm trying not to imagine what would Midora do if he kills Ichiryuu...
    Eats him, cell levels up!

It's ok guys, maybe there's still CENTER (also an unlikely theory) => Setsuno vs Chiyo!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy Ra.I know it's cliche but let me express my fright for this.Like the other it gave me serious goosebumps and for the love of whatever i've seen a ton of splatter movies and stayed seriously calm but THIS??????????????

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bonifide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixmarco View Post
    but is it the same mysterious shadow that apeared behind Mansom after Four Beast burst out from the ground.. ??
    I dont think its the same person as chapter 200. The shadows dont look similar. Looks like he got some weird hat. The guy that killed Teppei basically had a hood over his head.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

but seriously... this is so very disturbing!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF???!!!!
    TEPPEI REALLY DIED???!!! AND IN SUCH A WAY??!!!

Sorry for the caps but damn, I didn't see it coming.
    It really shocked me and I've seen scenes from Elfen Lied and other Horror mangas.
    Man can't believe it happened.
    I suppose that Jiro will go wild now.

P.S: Anyway what is wrong with authors these days? They're pratically killing off their main characters.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I am really looking forward to see how they are going to transfer it in the anime version.It will be very interesting.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Lele Socho™'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

WHAT THE HELL :O
    i never post but this.... oh my god...... let's hope in Center

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, guys... First post...ever... So please be nice (Cliche... Yet, I think it is common courtesy to write it down.)

Please, consider the fact that all this could be just some sort of quite weird intimidation. Look at Teppei's face and expression on page 2... The art of the shades on his face is something that I have seen on the faces of other character who are being intimidated (although this is not the only occasion when the author uses them) I think it is quite early to say with certainty what exactly it is going to happen, but I most definetely think that the author would not just set aside such a charming character as Teppei. The reason for my oppinion being that Teppei is a central character and is the one who is supposed to inherit and preserve the will of the saiseyas, the main one being Yosaku furthermore being his master, just like Toriko and the gang are supposed to inherit and preserve the will of The President and Bishokushin Acacia.

Thanks for sparing some time reading my post.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man... That last page... I totally didn't expect that after a nice peacefulish chapter.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jupzter's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzuma Nexus View Post
    Hi, guys... First post...ever... So please be nice (Cliche... Yet, I think it is common courtesy to write it down.)

Please, consider the fact that all this could be just some sort of quite weird intimidation. Look at Teppei's face and expression on page 2... The art of the shades on his face is something that I have seen on the faces of other character who are being intimidated (although this is not the only occasion when the author uses them) I think it is quite early to say with certainty what exactly it is going to happen, but I most definetely think that the author would not just set aside such a charming character as Teppei. The reason for my oppinion being that Teppei is a central character and is the one who is supposed to inherit and preserve the will of the saiseyas, the main one being Yosaku furthermore being his master, just like Toriko and the gang are supposed to inherit and preserve the will of The President and Bishokushin Acacia.

Thanks for sparing some time reading my post.

Well could be an intimidation... But if its not so speechless right now this has turned from shounen to seinen.... Yeah could be the most gruesome character death ever...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At first, I was like this since I knew we wouldn't see who the cloaked figure was and thought the author just decided to show a nice bowl of gourmet food as the ending.

Spoiler show
    [

But upon looking closer, realizing that there were fingers in the bowl, and then that that was actually Teppei's head and not a giant melon, I was like this.

Spoiler show

I really don't know what else to say....
    Last edited by exacta; October 17, 2012 at 08:28 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dasbones's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I...

how...

Oh,

Oh my

Is Teppei a garnish, or the main course?

I think it's either Joa, in which case... well Darnil Kahn must have a taste for people.
    Or it has something to do with the nitro, if he's not garnish.

Either way, masterful pacing in this chapter. Start off with some standard "Best you turn tail and run boy" sort of talk, switch to happy happy joy joy ala Shonen arc wrap-up...

then....

Well Teppei's severed head and fingers in a bowl, thats just some dark shit no matter how you twist it.

and I love it.
    Last edited by Dasbones; October 17, 2012 at 08:48 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dasbones View Post
    I think it's either Joa, in which case... well Darnil Kahn must have a taste for people.
    Or it has something to do with the nitro, if he's not garnish.
    Oh man, I'd completely forgotten about the Nitro, along with the recipes for cooking and eating humans...
    You probably hit the nail on the head with this one.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzuma Nexus View Post

Please, consider the fact that all this could be just some sort of quite weird intimidation. Look at Teppei's face and expression on page 2... The art of the shades on his face is something that I have seen on the faces of other character who are being intimidated...
    Welcome to the convo Kazzuma!

I was just about to say, I can't believe I'm saying this but I wish this was Naruto to we could at least say...oh that's just genjutsu. But I actually like your idea, it makes a lot of sense. It's almost like Teppei seeing what would happen if he tries to attack. Remember back in the Jewel meat arc when Terry was up against Staajyun and he had brief glimpse of his head being bashed in if he made the wrong move, then he immediately put distance between them.

And even though Teppei isn't a "main" character, he's a part of the "next" generation supposedly so it doesn't make sense for him to die...at least going by the way mangas usually do the old generation (teachers, fathers, trainers, etc.)...meaning they usually die first.

Good post. God I hope you're right.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Makath's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok... That's disturbing and i can only imagine the look in the anime producers faces when they saw it...

I hope Kazzuma is right and that turns out to be a very effective intimidation technique (I felled for it, hehehe). Thinking about it, woudn't it be really weird if Teppei AND Mansam go out on offscreen confrontations?

Either way... what an awesome and unexpected way to finish a shonen mangá arc! Anything could happen!

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast