Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Toriko 208 Discussion Thread

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 208 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by k0dach1 View Post
    My problem with this is, if the group does in fact go for Center, they know close to nothing about it.
    They wouldn't even know where to start.

Unless they get a hold of people at 0 Biotope, which seems unlikely since they themselves seem to know nothing about it. Even its existence is mere speculation.

If it does take a while to acquire Center, I have a feeling we'd have forgotten about Teppei by then.

Jirou's participation, I think, is the most exciting to look forward to, if Teppei is in fact dead.
    Why? There are top chefs in this arc. I would be unpleasantly surprised if none of these top chefs would have heard about Center. The specific whereabouts are probably not known but it is perfectly possible if Setsuno, Yuda or someone else has a hint which leads the heavenly kings to Center.

It is not because we, readers, are unfamiliar with center that all known Toriko characters are unfamiliar with it too.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    Why? There are top chefs in this arc. I would be unpleasantly surprised if none of these top chefs would have heard about Center. The specific whereabouts are probably not known but it is perfectly possible if Setsuno, Yuda or someone else has a hint which leads the heavenly kings to Center.

It is not because we, readers, are unfamiliar with center that all known Toriko characters are unfamiliar with it too.
    Good point Koen. Hell, Setsuno might even be Teppei's grandmother. It is still a possibility as of now.
    But I doubt Yuda or the others would know about Center.

Best guess would be Setsuno or the two high ranking chef's not of an Igo Nation, Livebearer and Tyran.

My guess is as good as yours, but I'm hoping that Teppei really is dead. Let's face it, he isn't an important character, just a very likeable one.
    With his death, Jirou might as well go on a rampage and steal the spotlight for himself.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, maybe Teppei isn't one of the main cast, but he is still quite an important character. And I do hope he will come back due to Center. I hope Toriko and Co will get Center sooner. Maybe not in the upcoming Arc, but in the first Arcs of Gourmet World.

I agree with Koen that top Chefs should know some tips on where or how to find Center, so I believe at some point they or maybe Ichiryu might show them the way to find it.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DarkRyu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k0dach1 View Post
    Good point Koen. Hell, Setsuno might even be Teppei's grandmother. It is still a possibility as of now.
    But I doubt Yuda or the others would know about Center.

Best guess would be Setsuno or the two high ranking chef's not of an Igo Nation, Livebearer and Tyran.

My guess is as good as yours, but I'm hoping that Teppei really is dead. Let's face it, he isn't an important character, just a very likeable one.
    With his death, Jirou might as well go on a rampage and steal the spotlight for himself.
    Not an important character? Whaaaat, wrong. Teppei has helped Toriko and co. time and time again, he's been in more arcs than Zebra, he's the grandson of Knocking Master Jirou and he was a Saiseya, why is that significant? Well he was the apprentice of two incredibly powerful and important figures in the Toriko world, meaning that he likely would have had a huge role in the future, he's already world famous himself for his own deeds, he was basically like an unofficial heavenly king to me, because like the 4 heavenly kings he was another capable apprentice of the previous generation that would stand with them against the Bishokukai.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jupzter's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, maybe Teppei isn't one of the main cast, but he is still quite an important character. And I do hope he will come back due to Center. I hope Toriko and Co will get Center sooner. Maybe not in the upcoming Arc, but in the first Arcs of Gourmet World.

I agree with Koen that top Chefs should know some tips on where or how to find Center, so I believe at some point they or maybe Ichiryu might show them the way to find it.

Whats the point of killing him if hes just gonna be revive with Center... After that gruesome death let just let him rest in peace... Don't get me wrong I like Teppei and if the author decided to kill him thats fine with me and it kinda suck to see a revival bullcrap in this manga... And I don't think Toriko and the others will want to search for Center just to revive Teppei they rather just find and eat delicious food... And we don't know a lot about Center maybe you need a body to be able to revive it or DNA and if Teppei is eaten they be no trace of him...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, why bother to introduce the legendary reviving ingridient Center if you don't want your characters to use it? For me it would be at least strange.
    Also Teppei is just a great person to be revived. He is not some old jizzer who is already close to his last breath, but he is from the same generation as Toriko and Komatsu and was supposed to become one of the greatest characters of Torikoverse, so I believe it would be better to show Center's powers on him, than on some nameless characters noone cares about...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jupzter's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow so were back to square one... Teppei is alive...

New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8