Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Residents of Meteor City Theory

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Residents of Meteor City Theory

For quite a while I always assumed that all of the Spiders were born in Meteor City, grew
    up probably as friends and for one reason or another Chrollo formed the spiders.

But then the Shalnark theory and my own krakpot Feitan theory made me think...

What if some of the spiders WEREN'T born in Meteor City?

The question is how then did they get there?

It's interesting to note that in the chapter in which we learn about the Tramp Incident
    there's a motto of Meteor City that goes as so:

"We will accept anything you leave here...but don't take anything away from us."

And that means ANYTHING.

Including people.

Could the Spiders be literal rejects of society? What if some of those abandoned babies
    were some of the Spiders? More than that...what if the original population of Meteor City...
    were all rejects of society? Sorta like a penal colony or something like that.

To go further into the Shalnark theory...What if Shalnark was rejected by the Kurta clan?

Feitan speaks Chinese...and Kakin seems to be the China of HxH...is Feitan Kakinese?

Nobunaga might originally be from Jappon? He looks like a samurai after all.

Heck we know for a fact that Bonolenov is from the Gyudondond tribe
    that was chased out of their land by development. Perhaps Bonolenov
    was forced to retreat to Meteor City? Or perhaps after Chrollo left Meteor City
    Bonolenov joined the phantom troupe?

Speaking of Chrollo himself...I think he might be one of the few actually born in
    Meteor City.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Residents of Meteor City Theory

from what i understand Meteor city ruusengai (?) is america... a place where all nationalities can live...
    anyway..

I also had a theory that Kuroro is a royal (read 339 and 340) - is that cross thingy in his head some sort of royal symbol???.... but thats impossible....
    Last edited by riniloves; October 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't we had a small flashback in the first anime about the spiders in the meteor city? Well I might be imagining things.
    Chrollo is the one that makes all the spider one, he is the head of the group, so it makes sense to say that he was born in meteor city as they(the spiders) were founded there.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can agree with the whole Feitan thing, but idk about Nobunaga. The original members in the Troupe are Chrollo, Uvo, Nobunaga, Machi, Pakunoda and Franklin. I think all six of these were born IN Meteor City. The people that joined after might not be from Meteor City.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is my theory on it all:

The Troupe all have distinctive styles and heritage that tells us that there is no way they could all originated from Meteor City. I think it's more the case that they were either abandoned as children or as they grew older found their way to Meteor City and called it home.

So what I'm saying is, when they say they are from Meteor City that doesn't necessarily mean it is their birthplace, it means they consider it their home.

Now as you mentioned Sticky, Feitan is clearly Kakinese, Nobu is clearly Japponese, both of which implement fighting styles taught in their home lands. This leads me to believe that although they were founding members of the Troupe, they were not born in Meteor City. I have a theory about Nobunaga actually.

Imagine this for a second, Nobu is a young boy training in the arts of Iaido, he is always considered the weakest at his dojo he tries to prove himself strong by challenging a student from a rival dojo. Nobu unfortunately fails and brings shame to his dojo, his sensei (perhaps his father?) expells him and banishes him. Now Nobu with no place to go is wandering the world alone, eventually he winds up in a spot of trouble when attacked by a gang, his Iaido skills are still very weak and he is easily outnumbered and sure to die if this keeps up, suddenly he is saved. His saviour is Uvogin, who takes him back to Meteor City, his new home. Here in Meteor City he grows up alongside Uvo and their friendship grows, he learns to master Iaido, but Uvo always looks out for Nobu ever since that day, even though Nobu only understands fighting alone.

Just my little mini theory/fanfic haha.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy that plays music from his body is almost certainly not born in Meteor City (he appears to be some random lost tribe guy, not unlike Kurapika). The initial members probably all came from Meteor City but the newer guys surely come from all over the world.

You can see that the original members that came from Meteor City really act like an extended family, while the newer guys don't necessarily think like that. The guys who wanted to trade hostages to get Kuroro back are all the original members. The non-Meteor City members do not seem to have any special attachment to Kuroro other than a respect for his power/leadership. I certainly don't see Phinx sacrificng himself to save Kuroro, for example.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    The guy that plays music from his body is almost certainly not born in Meteor City (he appears to be some random lost tribe guy, not unlike Kurapika). The initial members probably all came from Meteor City but the newer guys surely come from all over the world.

You can see that the original members that came from Meteor City really act like an extended family, while the newer guys don't necessarily think like that. The guys who wanted to trade hostages to get Kuroro back are all the original members. The non-Meteor City members do not seem to have any special attachment to Kuroro other than a respect for his power/leadership. I certainly don't see Phinx sacrificng himself to save Kuroro, for example.
    I disagree. When the Spiders are deciding whether or not to do the hostage exchange
    it seems at first Pakunoda's side is the "We care about Chrollo side." and Phinx side is
    the "we don't care about Chrollo side". But the thing is Chrollo is on Phinx's side.
    Pakunoda wants to save the person of Chrollo. But Phinx is more concerned with
    Chrollo's ideals. Pakunoda was considering sacrificing the Spiders to save Chrollo.
    Phinx was considering sacrificing Chrollo to save the Spiders.

If Phinx could sacrifice himself to save Chrollo or any other Spider I think he would.
    I don't think he would sacrifice the whole team for one member though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If no member is more important than any other member, why would you sacrifice yourself for someone else who is equally important? Phinx was saying if Kuroro died then they'd just kill whoever killed him, despite the fact that Kuroro really is more important than the rest of the members due to his leadership alone.

Of course that's not to say Phinx is wrong, since they've no reason to believe Kurapika so it's not unreasonable to just assume Kuroro is probably going to die but minimize your total losses. He also didn't care if Feitan died and they're presumably friends.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    If no member is more important than any other member, why would you sacrifice yourself for someone else who is equally important? Phinx was saying if Kuroro died then they'd just kill whoever killed him, despite the fact that Kuroro really is more important than the rest of the members due to his leadership alone.

Of course that's not to say Phinx is wrong, since they've no reason to believe Kurapika so it's not unreasonable to just assume Kuroro is probably going to die but minimize your total losses. He also didn't care if Feitan died and they're presumably friends.
    I'm just saying I don't think Phinx made his decision because he doesn't care about Chrollo and was being selfish. I think he just values Chrollo's ideal (the spiders) more than Chrollo the person

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bambinarubata's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that a part of the Genei is faithful to the boss and the other part preferes the cause...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Imagine this for a second, Nobu is a young boy training in the arts of Iaido, he is always considered the weakest at his dojo he tries to prove himself strong by challenging a student from a rival dojo. Nobu unfortunately fails and brings shame to his dojo, his sensei (perhaps his father?) expells him and banishes him. Now Nobu with no place to go is wandering the world alone, eventually he winds up in a spot of trouble when attacked by a gang, his Iaido skills are still very weak and he is easily outnumbered and sure to die if this keeps up, suddenly he is saved. His saviour is Uvogin, who takes him back to Meteor City, his new home. Here in Meteor City he grows up alongside Uvo and their friendship grows, he learns to master Iaido, but Uvo always looks out for Nobu ever since that day, even though Nobu only understands fighting alone.

Just my little mini theory/fanfic haha.
    I want a Nobunaga flashback, and I want it NOW!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    The Troupe all have distinctive styles and heritage that tells us that there is no way they could all originated from Meteor City. I think it's more the case that they were either abandoned as children or as they grew older found their way to Meteor City and called it home.
    I don't think this can be true, at least for the members whose deaths were faked during the YS arc. They had no record in the International Human Databank, which means they either had to be born in Meteor City or abandoned their as infants.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hazezon View Post
    I don't think this can be true, at least for the members whose deaths were faked during the YS arc. They had no record in the International Human Databank, which means they either had to be born in Meteor City or abandoned their as infants.
    The faked deaths don't represent everyone in the group. They could've just happened to pick people who came from Meteor City. It'd be reasonable to assume Kuroro started recruiting around his birthplace but being born there is absolutely not a requirement. Machi surmised that Kuroro might want to recruit the Chain Assassin. Nobunaga tried to recruit Gon. Neither were born in Meteor City for sure.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dougbp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did someone erase my comment? I really don't see any "Theory" in this thread. Togashi just showed us through Manga and Databook that the other countries (most of them) consider Ryuuseigai and its population as garbage. So, we just know that people from Ryuuseigai (and obviously members of Genei Ryodan from Ryuuseigai too) are considered rejects of society. That's the reason for them to thief/murder/do anything with no resentments. And the question "What if some of the spiders WEREN'T born in Meteor City?" is no sense, since we know that some members of Genei Ryodan aren't from Ryuuseigai (Read the Manga and Databook). The slightest thing theoretical here is the question about how members that aren't from Ryuuseigai like to be a member of Genei Ryodan. And not even this was clear in this thread. So, I hope that someone don't erase my comment.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougbp View Post
    Why did someone erase my comment? I really don't see any "Theory" in this thread. Togashi just showed us through Manga and Databook that the other countries (most of them) consider Ryuuseigai and its population as garbage. So, we just know that people from Ryuuseigai (and obviously members of Genei Ryodan from Ryuuseigai too) are considered rejects of society. That's the reason for them to thief/murder/do anything with no resentments. And the question "What if some of the spiders WEREN'T born in Meteor City?" is no sense, since we know that some members of Genei Ryodan aren't from Ryuuseigai (Read the Manga and Databook). The slightest thing theoretical here is the question about how members that aren't from Ryuuseigai like to be a member of Genei Ryodan. And not even this was clear in this thread. So, I hope that someone don't erase my comment.
    What was your comment? I didn't delete it whatever it was. In fact I couldn't have.

you're right it's not really a theory. more a discussion/rant maybe. why name it a theory? I dunno I couldn't really think of a better title.

Though you could say Feitan being Kakinese IS a theory.

Though I just noticed that according to Leorio Meteor City was an internment camp by a dictator.

Also the hunter wiki says that it's 500 years old? Where was this ever said?

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast