Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Residents of Meteor City Theory

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Residents of Meteor City Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Hazezon View Post
    I don't think this can be true, at least for the members whose deaths were faked during the YS arc. They had no record in the International Human Databank, which means they either had to be born in Meteor City or abandoned their as infants.
    This can't be true or at least togashi messed up that part because wasn't hisoka's death also faked. Hisoka is clearly in the international database no? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Edit: nvm i doubled check. hisoka wasn't faked.
    Last edited by moredrowsy; October 22, 2012 at 04:10 AM.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

According to this site:
    http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Meteor_City

Kikyo, Canary and Gotoh were from Meteor City as well.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    According to this site:
    http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Meteor_City

Kikyo, Canary and Gotoh were from Meteor City as well.
    Hmmm... I guess Kikyo being from Meteor City makes the whole " Kiyko's brother is Chrollo " theory more probable.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotoh and Canary was probably the first butlers of Kikyo because all of them are from Meteor City? Hmm.

Hisoka defeated Gotoh right?
    Maybe there's something between them that that is not discussed. Hisoka is a former member of Genei Ryodan after all.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Wild Theory

We think that Feitan is from Kakin (China) and Nobunaga is from Jappon (Japan)

Maybe Phinks is from the Egypt of the Hunter x Hunter World

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    Wild Theory

We think that Feitan is from Kakin (China) and Nobunaga is from Jappon (Japan)

Maybe Phinks is from the Egypt of the Hunter x Hunter World
    could be true

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Keirin's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobunaga is originally from Jappon, according to hunterxhunter wiki http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Jappon

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where did they get that info?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dougbp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Where did they get that info?
    That's the problem! I can't trust on these "wikis". Many information are false. I prefer to get the information through Manga and Databook. And sincerely? I don't remember of any information that specifies the place where Feitan was born..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait the HxH world is based off of the real world but upside down ? Is that right ? Do you guys know what each Continent in the Hunter World is based off ? The only one I know is where Yorknew City is, that's pretty much North America. And I THINK where The Zoldycks live is in Africa. Please make a list

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Now we can liven up this thread again So, the topic is the origins of the Genei Ryodan - Meteor city or not?

For me, I believe that most of them are from Meteor city. It's a big place, so they could have all been raised from abandoned infants into whoever they wanted to be (Nobunaga a swordsman, Feitan a torturer, etc.) The original members were Kururo, Nobunaga, Feitan, Uvogin, Pakunoda, Franklin and Machi. After that came Phinks and Shalnark, then Omakage. From the scenes of the 2011 anime and Pakunoda's flashback, it's hard to believe that they weren't all raised in Meteor city, due to how much they care for it, since they are considered it's military force. After Hisoka replaced Omakage, number eight was killed and replaced by Shizuku, who calls Meteor city her home, so the theory of her being either abandoned or born there is highly likely.
    Bonolelov's background was revelaed in the manga when the Spiders fought against the chimera ants, so we know that he isn't from Meteor city, and Kortopi's past is still a mystery, tho we can presume he's from the city, as well.
    Just because they're all different, and are considered strange by their fellow residents of the city, doesn't mean that they weren't raised there.

Also, the Shal theory? I have a hard time believing it. His eyes don't turn scarlet when he's mad in the slgihtest, and Togashi would have had some foreshadowing, just like he did with Gyro.
    Last edited by PhantomShalnark; August 30, 2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: forgot something

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomShalnark View Post
    Now we can liven up this thread again So, the topic is the origins of the Genei Ryodan - Meteor city or not?

For me, I believe that most of them are from Meteor city. It's a big place, so they could have all been raised from abandoned infants into whoever they wanted to be (Nobunaga a swordsman, Feitan a torturer, etc.) The original members were Kururo, Nobunaga, Feitan, Uvogin, Pakunoda, Franklin and Machi. After that came Phinks and Shalnark, then Omakage. From the scenes of the 2011 anime and Pakunoda's flashback, it's hard to believe that they weren't all raised in Meteor city, due to how much they care for it, since they are considered it's military force. After Hisoka replaced Omakage, number eight was killed and replaced by Shizuku, who calls Meteor city her home, so the theory of her being either abandoned or born there is highly likely.
    Bonolelov's background was revelaed in the manga when the Spiders fought against the chimera ants, so we know that he isn't from Meteor city, and Kortopi's past is still a mystery, tho we can presume he's from the city, as well.
    Just because they're all different, and are considered strange by their fellow residents of the city, doesn't mean that they weren't raised there.

Also, the Shal theory? I have a hard time believing it. His eyes don't turn scarlet when he's mad in the slgihtest, and Togashi would have had some foreshadowing, just like he did with Gyro.

Of course they were raised there. But were they BORN there is the question.
    Basically...are the Spiders the result of them being abandoned at a young age?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Of course they were raised there. But were they BORN there is the question.
    Basically...are the Spiders the result of them being abandoned at a young age?
    I think that's what Togashi was going for. Meteor city is so diverse, that it seems impossible for all of the Spider's different personalities to come from the same place - but, knowing Togashi, that's just what happened. Depending on what part of the city they were raised, and who they grew up with at a young age, made them into what they are today.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2