Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Shiraishi Kuranosuke/Kirihara Akaya

The results are hidden 0%
  • Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

[Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

Doubles 1Shiraishi Kuranosuke
    Kirihara Akaya
    Tachibana Kippei
    Chitose Senri
    TitleNaniwa's Bible
    Devil of the Court
    Wings of Kyuushu
    SchoolShitenhouji 3rd Year
    Rikkai Dai Fuzoku 2nd Year
    Fudomine 3rd Year
    Shitenhouji 3rd Year
    Height178 cm
    168 cm
    179 cm
    194 cm
    Weight66 kg
    61 kg
    67 kg
    81 kg
    Dominant HandLeft
    Right
    Right
    Left
    PlaystyleAll Rounder
    Aggressive Baseliner
    All Rounder
    All Rounder
    TechniquesEntaku Shot
    Knuckle Serve
    Devil Mode
    Sane Devil Mode
    Abare Jishi
    Abare Dama
    Moujuu no Aura
    Kamikakushi
    Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami
    Moujuu no Synchro

Serve order: Shiraishi -> Chitose -> Kirihara -> Tachibana

This round ends on Friday, October 12th 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Last edited by Kaoz; October 09, 2012 at 05:15 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

Umm. This is a hard one. I think Shiraishi is more solid as a player than Tachibana or Chitose. But I don't think Kirihara is as strong of a player as those two.

However, score-wise, if the match would be repeat again, Shiraishi/Kirihara would have 6-0 their match while Tachibana/Chitose (which doesn't seem to have complete control yet)
    would have lost 7-6. But their opponent have syncho.

I think I'll wait on this.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Shiraishi/Kirihara vs Tachibana/Chitose

i agree wit ^. this is freakn tough, i'll have to think about his one.
    on the one hand 1 team has synchro and been partners before, their teamwork is solid. they are also considered national level players in pot1. they also have saiki on their side.

synchro +saiki could be over powered. but we didnt see chitose use it in shuffle match.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Saiki is Singles-Only*
    Please can this be remembered. It is Singles-only until proven otherwise.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Whats StyleB?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Whats StyleB?
    Me forgetting to replace that part of my template. It's fixed now, sorry about that.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG are you gonna name Saiki in every single WoK match? IT ONLY WORKS IN SINGLES.

If Kirihara/Shiraishi won against GP and don't win this one, then I'm out of this community lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

didnt know. i was thinking of creative ways to fuse techniques.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

These teams are basically equal so it is hard to decide a winner. I feel like there is no reason for me choosing either of them.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

AM!Kirihara I expect to be really beast.
    Shiraishi is the best here.
    But Tachibana/Chitose are beasts. Both are definetely above Kirihara and imo just below Shiraishi.

In the event that WoK have actually mastered their Synchro, then WoK take this.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

AM!Kirihara I expect to be really beast.
    Shiraishi is the best here.
    But Tachibana/Chitose are beasts. Both are definetely above Kirihara and imo just below Shiraishi.

In the event that WoK have actually mastered their Synchro, then WoK take this.
    But they don't master it yet, and from what we've seen, some people clearly doesn't even give Ryoma the three door behind Muga. I think I'm actually going Shiraishi/Kirihara.

Here's my logic;

Shiraishi/Kirihara can beat 3rd court 6-0 now, same as 1st stringer 11-20.

WoK=3rd court max for now.

I feel like I'm repeating myself for every WoK match >.>
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I see WoK winning this one. Can AM!Kirihara or Shiraishi return Abare Dama? I don't think so.

Here's a major consideration. WoK were chosen as Doubles 1 in the team shuffle and Shiraishi/Kirihara were chosen as Doubles 2. If WoK was chosen as D1, then it is implied that they must be better.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    I see WoK winning this one. Can AM!Kirihara or Shiraishi return Abare Dama? I don't think so.

Here's a major consideration. WoK were chosen as Doubles 1 in the team shuffle and Shiraishi/Kirihara were chosen as Doubles 2. If WoK was chosen as D1, then it is implied that they must be better.
    It is implied without the score. Tezuka is in singles 3 and Fuji in singles 2. Sanada is in singles 3 and Niou is in singles 2. So Niou/Fuji> Sanada/Tezuka? Nope.

Look at the score. Shiraishi and Kirihara can beat 3rd court if they play again 6-0 if they go golden gauntlet+ angel mode from the beginning. Tachibana/Chitose would have need beast syncho to LOST 6-7 to doubles 1. Yes, if they control it, they might have won. But judging from Echizen and other thread, this is a match of having things that they can control. Beast Syncho is NOT even guarantee that Tachibana/Chitose can use it on demand. And they would have lost 6-3 without beast syncho.

In the other word, God/Devil pair show that themselve "might" be able to fight with 1st stringer pair while Tachibana/Chitose, based on only what we've seen without any biased and assumption, show themselves to be 3rd court level pair. And it'll be that way until their next match.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post

They should both be able to return Abare Dama.

Where you lined up in a match doesn't mean anything. Your better players normally play in higher spots, but not always.

I think Shiraishi/Akaya is a bit better than WoK, but WoK has Synchro, so I think WoK edges out a win 7-5.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I think Shiraishi/Akaya is a bit better than WoK, but WoK has Synchro, so I think WoK edges out a win 7-5.
    I think Synchro's boost will provide more than just an edge. If they have it down confidently like GP have Synchro.

Taking in the fact their's is called Wild Synchro. I'm guessing its a bit better than Standard Synchro.
    I'm going 6-4 or even 6-3. The gap between WoK and Shiraishi in Singles isn't too big.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Synchro's boost will provide more than just an edge. If they have it down confidently like GP have Synchro.

Taking in the fact their's is called Wild Synchro. I'm guessing its a bit better than Standard Synchro.
    I'm going 6-4 or even 6-3. The gap between WoK and Shiraishi in Singles isn't too big.
    So you think that Wild Aura is better than Muga (which is probably the most normal Aura in PoT)?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast