Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSDK Chapter 494 Discussion / 495 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 494 Discussion / 495 Predictions

The chapter is out guys, enjoy! http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...le-kenichi/494

More action and interesting developments.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 494 Discussion / 495 Predictions

Well I'm glad Takeda is giving him a decent fight. I hope we see how far Takeda's come with Ryuusei Seikuken next chapter, assuming that it can even work on Lugh.

It wouldn't hurt for him to use the regular Seikuken though, assuming he's not already using it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is gonna be the "ki" thing with Takedas left arm, he is not using it becase he cant controll his power (like Miu) and is holding it for a purpuse.
    He was once famous for his left strike afterall) Ill cheer for him, i like his character)

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think takeda will have that problem, he is a sei type to begin with. As far as that point I think takeda is simply going to get over his fear of losing his arm during the fight thanks to his tenacity.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

ITs gonna be pretty gay if the blind yomi guy gets beat here though. I think it'lll get broken up before things intesify. or maybe he will pawn takeda to show how strong kenseis yomi are but bail before killing him. I just think it really sucks how basically all the yomi kensei has gathered probably wont serve as opponents o kenichi imo it would be taking the story backwards if beserker is the guy he ends up fighting, blind dude just doesnt seem worth it all his secrets are getting reveled so it'll be a pretty boring 'climactic fight' rimi is basically having some girl on girl with miu and odin cant walk and kens already beaten him this seems to me like its going to be a shinpaku aliance stepping up arc which sucks since we just spent the last 50 chapters watching ken get his ass kicked all over tidat. Only way his can be saved is if theres some disciple we still havent seen yet thats what i hoping for.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Takeda deserves a shot at a decent fight. It's been a while since we've seen him in action. I think this has the potential to be one of those watershed fights, offering Takeda the opportunity to break a mental barrier tha has plagued him for a while. I'm beginning to think that this is the point where we're going to see members of Shinpaku become more involved in fights against disciples of some stature. I'm looking forward to see what Takeda pulls out.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was quite good.
    I believe that this fight was made in oreder to show how strong Lugh is and also to show how members of Shinpaku Alliance managed to improve their skills and power.
    The same Takeda already showed us in this fight that he is strong enough at least to put quite a good and decent fight against a strong Yomi, so I think he will go down at some point of the fight. Even though he managed to lay a clean hit on Lugh, it didn't even faze him. Lugh still seems quite well and doesn't bother about Takeda's punch, while Takeda barely managed to get out of a neck breaking clutch and as well broke some fingers on his right hand. In a prolonged fight it's quite troublesome to loose even a finger, when you are more or less equal with your opponent or even stronger as we've seen during D of D tournament during Kisara's fight against the leader of Kapoeira team, so I do believe it won't be easy for Takeda. Also I do think that Lugh was understimating Takeda, so when he will be more cautious, he won't get hit that easily.
    Also you should consider that Takeda's fighting style is the worst opponent for Lugh compared to Sieg or Thor as he doesn't need to get in a very close range in order to catch an opponent as Sieg and Thor do and he is way more agile and fast compared to those two, so he can show quite an interesting fight in the next chapter, but I hope he will be the last one to fight Lugh and then Lugh will escape somehow or will fight Kenichi as that's a bit ridiculous that all of Shinpaku Alliance try to fight Lugh, especially since we know that they shouldn't be a match for Yomi even if they try to make him tired after consecutevly fighting them one on one.

P.S. People were wondering why Kensei doesn't teach his disciples Ancient Martial Arts. So here we got the confirmation that at least Lugh knows some Ancient Martial Arts' techniques.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

^Nice analysis, Jorge. The most notable thing for me is Lugh shrugging off Takeda's rabbit punch like nothing. Punch to the back of the head is illegal for a reason - it can cause serious injuries, and Lugh being unaffected by it can mean that he is either faking it didn't hurt him or that he is incredibly resilient. Takeda has certainly more tricks up his sleeve but, undoubtedly, so does Lugh. Again, I still believe fight will be interrupted, as they were in the process of retreating, with a possibility that Lugh becomes Takeda's rival, which could be very interesting.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Lugh isn't faking as otherwise he should have been at least a bit fazed and also he shouldn't have moved normally if he was injured in some way.
    I agree that the fight should be either interrupted or he would just leave by himself.
    Also I hope the one who will take Lugh down will be Kenichi as he has to progress. He should learn some moves in order to oppose Lugh's techs. Also it might be quite good for Kenichi to learn the trick Lugh uses to learn everything about his opponents. It might be something Elder can teach him. Also he should learn some techs in order to move faster as at least both Lugh and Rimi seem to move faster than Kenichi now, so it will be a bit of a problem for him to face them as he will have to adjust his speed in order not to let them use openings in his defense.
    Also it might be a great opportunity for Kenichi to learn one of the Elder's famous 108 techs. For exmple Kazoe Nukite that Tanaka knows.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we still don't know just how strong lugh actually is. Kensei does have several disciples however the only one that has ever had a seat among the 10 disciples of the OSNF was ryuto. Kensei was even asked by junazad when he was going to take a disciple and his current disciples were merely shown as candidates here. Lugh has some very interesting features as a fighter however there is no guarantee that he would actually have a place among the main yomi so far and what he has shown so far is not quite yet enough to suggest he would be good enough for it. More so, he has shown a few ogata style techniques but his main style is submission combat which as far as we know is not quite ancient martials arts per say. On that matter, berserker could be quite strong but he is still not learning actual ancient martial arts or whatever ogata does so it wouldn't make sense to have him as main disciple. To be honest I think he means for ryuto to eventually be healed and take his former place. It does not seem as if kensei has given up on him or that ryuto has given up as a martial artist just yet.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    The chapter was quite good.
    I believe that this fight was made in oreder to show how strong Lugh is and also to show how members of Shinpaku Alliance managed to improve their skills and power.
    The same Takeda already showed us in this fight that he is strong enough at least to put quite a good and decent fight against a strong Yomi, so I think he will go down at some point of the fight. Even though he managed to lay a clean hit on Lugh, it didn't even faze him. Lugh still seems quite well and doesn't bother about Takeda's punch, while Takeda barely managed to get out of a neck breaking clutch and as well broke some fingers on his right hand. In a prolonged fight it's quite troublesome to loose even a finger, when you are more or less equal with your opponent or even stronger as we've seen during D of D tournament during Kisara's fight against the leader of Kapoeira team, so I do believe it won't be easy for Takeda. Also I do think that Lugh was understimating Takeda, so when he will be more cautious, he won't get hit that easily.
    Also you should consider that Takeda's fighting style is the worst opponent for Lugh compared to Sieg or Thor as he doesn't need to get in a very close range in order to catch an opponent as Sieg and Thor do and he is way more agile and fast compared to those two, so he can show quite an interesting fight in the next chapter, but I hope he will be the last one to fight Lugh and then Lugh will escape somehow or will fight Kenichi as that's a bit ridiculous that all of Shinpaku Alliance try to fight Lugh, especially since we know that they shouldn't be a match for Yomi even if they try to make him tired after consecutevly fighting them one on one.

P.S. People were wondering why Kensei doesn't teach his disciples Ancient Martial Arts. So here we got the confirmation that at least Lugh knows some Ancient Martial Arts' techniques.
    IF you read it correctly it implies takedas agile movements and boxing hops aren't useful against lugh since he keeps distancing himself lugh is a counter style so hes not one to go on the offensive speed wont be that useful against someone who doesn't really require it to fight he simply has to read his opponents flow and then counter it he's like sieg and kenichi combined. It was also never implied that kenseis disciples werent as strong as the others in fact from what i've seen so far and come to believe they may be slightly stronger than most disciples we've seen thus far with the exception of koukin (i still say they pulled that fight out way to early) Just because they dont hold a yomi emblem doesnt mean they arent official yomi its just the symbol their master possesses if anything they'd all fall under kenseis symbol which is flow I also remember Rimi saying earlier since she was new they had'nt even prepared a yomi emblem for her yet.

P.S The only techniques kensei's disciples use other than Beserker who is apparently personal style are Ancient Martial arts techniques.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Takeda must not win! At least not yet, I will not accept another akira/jenazad bullsh*t, I actually would like an scenario where takeda loses but not dies and then he comes back for revenge and defeats lugh with a new technique from james shiba, I reallly wanna see how much rimi have improved and if she can defeat miu.
    Another interesting thing about this chapter is how much miu was worried about takeda fighting lugh, it's not a big deal but it's pretty interesting.
    <b><font color=black>GO BIG</font></b>

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

blackmidnight
    I think you didn't quite get my point. I wanted to show that Takeda's style was more useful than Sieg's or Thor's against Lugh. Not that it's actually dangerous to Lugh. Lugh is really a damn genius after all. If he manages to do this much even without his eyesight... He also manages to make a counter on a whole different level than Sieg and we've thought before that Sieg was an example of the best counter among disciples.

kkck
    Well, during D of D Arc Ryuto even in his weelchair managed to hold Miu for quite a while and we assume that Miu is stronger than Kenichi. And that Miu was quite determined to pass Ryuto... So I agree that Ryuto isn't a joke even when he is crippled. I really hope he will be healed in the future as it was really a shame to loose such a great martial artist, at least his full power and mobility.
    And about Lugh or Berserker... Well, I believe even though they aren't among the main Yomi, but they are still just around in terms of power. At least the same Lugh should be at least better than Rachel. I just can't see what can she do against him.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackmidnight View Post
    IF you read it correctly it implies takedas agile movements and boxing hops aren't useful against lugh since he keeps distancing himself lugh is a counter style so hes not one to go on the offensive speed wont be that useful against someone who doesn't really require it to fight he simply has to read his opponents flow and then counter it he's like sieg and kenichi combined. It was also never implied that kenseis disciples werent as strong as the others in fact from what i've seen so far and come to believe they may be slightly stronger than most disciples we've seen thus far with the exception of koukin (i still say they pulled that fight out way to early) Just because they dont hold a yomi emblem doesnt mean they arent official yomi its just the symbol their master possesses if anything they'd all fall under kenseis symbol which is flow I also remember Rimi saying earlier since she was new they had'nt even prepared a yomi emblem for her yet.

P.S The only techniques kensei's disciples use other than Beserker who is apparently personal style are Ancient Martial arts techniques.
    I don't think anything we have seen so far suggests kensei's yomi are stronger than the disciples of the 10 masters. Rimi was an incomplete fighter, she had only her speed but lacked a decent amount of skill in terms of actual technique. Berserker has grown stronger and is developing his own personal style. This proved to be the defining point when he lost to natsu, who was actually still below the main yomi if we trust what kano said(at the time). Even if berserker is still developing his own style it only means he will lack techniques when compared to his peers fighting under a master. Perhaps kensei's guidance will allow him to develop a personal style faster however the fact that he is doing the single most important part of his training on his own should be a problem. He should be ahead in terms of speed and overall physical capacities however I don't think that would make up for the other stuff. Lugh is an interesting case though. He seems to be learning techniques from kensei and apparently has a decent bit of innate talent. Still, taking in consideration he is still not the one holding the yomi emblem there is no guarantee that he is as strong as the other yomi.

I think the other yomi at large at being grossly underestimated though. Boris, ethan, radin... Boris was one of kenichi's longest running enemies and even though kenichi powered up significantly in between fights boris still was more than a match. Ethan was a beast and everyone was so concerned over him killing kenichi that the elder went out of his way to teach kenichi a technique which can conceivably one shot every single fighter in kenichi's class. Radin gets some hate because he was an ass however the manga did point out radin fought kenichi with every single possible disadvantage(including fighting without proper clothing or shoes with freezing weather). On that matter, I don't think the manga showed koukin being on a different class from the other yomi. It was as tough a fight as kenichi had with any of the others.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    kkck
    Well, during D of D Arc Ryuto even in his weelchair managed to hold Miu for quite a while and we assume that Miu is stronger than Kenichi. And that Miu was quite determined to pass Ryuto... So I agree that Ryuto isn't a joke even when he is crippled. I really hope he will be healed in the future as it was really a shame to loose such a great martial artist, at least his full power and mobility.
    And about Lugh or Berserker... Well, I believe even though they aren't among the main Yomi, but they are still just around in terms of power. At least the same Lugh should be at least better than Rachel. I just can't see what can she do against him.
    Lugh better than rachel? Rachel was about to go up against kano during the tournament (with her master's approval) and was more than a match for renka who as far as we know is also insanely strong and perhaps even an actual rival for miu. Rachel could easily be one of the stronger yomi we have seen so far. She is a tad ridiculous in many regards however that does not apply to her fighting skills at all. She might have lagged behind due to lacking a master for some time now but if we had a fight between the two of them at comparable times I don't see rachel losing here. Lugh is a relatively new character who is fighting people who have so far been shown to be objectively weaker than the standard yomi, of course he is going to appear to be a beast. Takeda is just now catching up to yomi thanks to his masters if we take in consideration the large margin with which kenichi won back then against him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really glad Takeda is getting to fight. It's been awhile since we've seen him fight seriously probably like 200+ chapters since his fight with Kenichi. I'm going to assume he's improved his Ryuusei Seikuken technique to point where he can use it effectively in his fights now. Also, I don't think we should should hype up Lugh too much seeing as he hasn't done anything special yet. Most of us predicted he would treat the Shinpaku Alliance members like fodder, so no surprise there lets just wait see how he handles Takeda then we can start getting impressed with his strength.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast