Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HSDK Chapter 494 Discussion / 495 Predictions

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 494 Discussion / 495 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    I'm really glad Takeda is getting to fight. It's been awhile since we've seen him fight seriously probably like 200+ chapters since his fight with Kenichi. I'm going to assume he's improved his Ryuusei Seikuken technique to point where he can use it effectively in his fights now. Also, I don't think we should should hype up Lugh too much seeing as he hasn't done anything special yet. Most of us predicted he would treat the Shinpaku Alliance members like fodder, so no surprise there lets just wait see how he handles Takeda then we can start getting impressed with his strength.
    RS should be impossible in this fight, specially the higher levels. Doesn't ryusui seikuken require eye contact as a crucial part of it? Even if RS is plausible at this stage I don't think even kenichi has the mastery of it to pull it off against a blind person (I think the fact that so many people have broken RS through the manga -kano sho, ethan, koukin, and if I recall even boris- proves that kenichi has not quite mastered the technique just yet).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    RS should be impossible in this fight, specially the higher levels. Doesn't ryusui seikuken require eye contact as a crucial part of it? Even if RS is plausible at this stage I don't think even kenichi has the mastery of it to pull it off against a blind person (I think the fact that so many people have broken RS through the manga -kano sho, ethan, koukin, and if I recall even boris- proves that kenichi has not quite mastered the technique just yet).
    Yes, I forgot about him being blind. I wonder if looking into an opponent's eyes is the only way to read the combatant's flow and predict their movement when using RS though? I suspect there might be some other method the elder created to use RS even if the opponent is blind, but the manga has been mum on that particular subject. I really have no choice, but to agree with you at the moment. RS will probably be useless for Takeda in this fight unless he shows us otherwise.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    Yes, I forgot about him being blind. I wonder if looking into an opponent's eyes is the only way to read the combatant's flow and predict their movement when using RS though? I suspect there might be some other method the elder created to use RS even if the opponent is blind, but the manga has been mum on that particular subject. I really have no choice, but to agree with you at the moment. RS will probably be useless for Takeda in this fight unless he shows us otherwise.
    Well, ethan avoided RS by using yoga to change his breathing or something, sho used a hidden muscle to make kenichi misread things and koukin badassed his way out of it.... So far RS has several steps and a number of things have shown to contribute to its reading and prevent the reading. Now, specifically taking in consideration how ethan avoided RS I think it should be plausible for a skilled user to get past the eye thing. Breathing is being read to and as far as we know lugh does that. Still, kenichi is still relatively knew to the technique and simpler things have prevented him from using the technique (miu being too impossibly perfect, miu being impossible cold and the stuff which I have mentioned before). I think that kenichi could potentially rely on other stuff for the reading however it would take him far more experience as a fighter and as a user of the technique to be able to do it.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

kkck
    Quote Quote:
    Lugh better than rachel? Rachel was about to go up against kano during the tournament (with her master's approval) and was more than a match for renka who as far as we know is also insanely strong and perhaps even an actual rival for miu. Rachel could easily be one of the stronger yomi we have seen so far. She is a tad ridiculous in many regards however that does not apply to her fighting skills at all. She might have lagged behind due to lacking a master for some time now but if we had a fight between the two of them at comparable times I don't see rachel losing here. Lugh is a relatively new character who is fighting people who have so far been shown to be objectively weaker than the standard yomi, of course he is going to appear to be a beast. Takeda is just now catching up to yomi thanks to his masters if we take in consideration the large margin with which kenichi won back then against him.
    Well, the fact that Rachel wanted to face Kano Shou doesn't prove anything against my point. Every Yomi member is full of himself and wants to prove that he is the strongest. She is one of the worst cases as she always wants attention and Shou took off her attention. So she wanted to fight, but it doesn't show that he might have been a match for him.
    The fact that she fought Renka for quite a while is a great fit. I agree on this. But still sometimes it might depend on style. Sometimes your opponent might be strong, but his or her style is good for you to counter. I do believe that Lugh is a very strong fighter as he already showed, when he fought Sieg and Thor and now Takeda. His style is great for counters against most of the opponents, especially those who try to catch and throw their opponents. Also Rachel tries to show off too much and that might be her downfall if she faces Lugh.
    Of course all the guys from Shinpaku Alliance are weaker than standart Yomi, but Lugh for now doesn't have any problems with them and he seems just playing, while all of them were quite serious, especially Takeda. And we should also take a consideration that Lugh is a tank if he can withstand a punch to the back of the head that easily, while Takeda broke his fingers.

Well, about Ryusui Seikuken... Kenichi gets better and better with it during the manga, so maybe in several Arcs he will finally master it? Especially this might be a challenge for him as Lugh is blind. Also he might as well learn some new moves from Elder as well that help a person to learn more about an opponent.
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; October 16, 2012 at 05:43 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Techniques and how they fare against each other is important but in the manga not nearly as much as it would matter in real life. Takeda is the best proof of this at large. In real life fights boxing barely works and it is massively impractical due to the way it blocks and the severe lack of usage of legs. Even in MMA fights you never see it in its own, rather it works a bit as a complement. The situation is so absurd that the author here had to come up with "a secret practical hidden boxing which works in real fights". In this manga all styles have counters for particular things (say, the armed guys have counters for jujitsu and the jujitsu guys have a counter for that technique for which the armed guys have a counter for which the jujitsu guy has a counter). Even during the fight between akira and junazad karate was said to be at a disadvantage only to mere moments later never be at a disadvantage again due to that.

That said, isn't rachel's style more about acrobatics and aerial combat? Not sure how a lock would work in midair. Rachel does show off however there is the consideration that her style is made to show off and appear flashy. I don't think she loses anything by showing off (its basically a variation of the counter to the counter to the counter to some degree lol) much like takeda loses nothing by not blocking or not using his legs to attack).

I don't think it is an issue of mastering as much as it is an issue of experience. He should get better with it the more he uses it and once he strengthens his own heart.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

MH Community Awards 2012 are back with Voting Round 1 . In this round, you get to vote for the nominations from the first phase. Being a part of this wonderful community, we expect maximum participation from your end.

Thanks.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2