Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Why Obito/Tobi's plan isnt' complete bull crap.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mad Why Obito/Tobi's plan isnt' complete bull crap.

1) Rin was literally his dying wish. Because he entrusted the girl he loved to what became his most respected person, he expected that to be truly understood.

2) For however long it was while he was healing, the Zetsus and Madara were the only ones around him. I believe it was the slow influence that started to tear him down. It seems stupid, but really think about it. You are more inclined to listen to your friends than strangers.

3) If you truly think about it, Obito was taught the same world peace BS that Pein talked about and that all came from Madara. So even though he said he doesn’t give a damn about the world that exists now, I think that was more, I won’t let myself care until we can create this new world. A new world where everyone can be happy. Sounds familiar? I’ll answer for you. Yes.

4) When it comes to removing the Nine Tailed Fox from Kushina and inevitably causing her death. First, love makes people do crazy things, but more of it being, I think he figured once he got the fox he’d be able to recreate the world anyway, so this was just a stepping stone. I’m not saying that this is how it should be, but after so long of having such warped thinking, you wouldn’t feel the same. WAR CHANGES PEOPLE. KILLING CHANGES PEOPLE. just because this is a manga doesn’t change that. If you don’t think so, talk to people in the military who have PTSD, then tell me they haven’t changed.

5) SIDE-BAR: WE ARE NOT GOING TO FIND OUT WHY KAKASHI KILLED RIN BECAUSE IT WAS OBITO’S MEMORY. OBITO HAS NO DAMN CLUE AND KAKASHI HAS TO TELL HIM ABOUT IT DAMN.

6) The whole Uchiha clan massacre. A, Obito had the will of fire more than the Uchiha revenge. B. That was reversed after Rin+Madara+Black Zetsu’s influence. C. Why would he give a damn about a clan like that anyway? He never really was the type to have Uchiha pride anyway.

7) In summation, Obito may not have witnessed his entire clan killed by his family member, but if someone murders the one you love before your very eyes (don’t talk about how it was just at 14, because i think if you were ever super into someone at that age, it felt so real and like the only thing that mattered in the world) I think that could send someone off the deep end, and it’s the promise of a better world that fuels him now. Anything to get back the woman he so desperately loves.

So Obito isn’t awful. He’s just a flawed human being. And honestly, he’s not the worst villain (i’m looking at you, Danzo of the Creepy Ass Arms). I’ve loved learning his origin because I always thought the Kakashi Gaiden was important. This is the payoff.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why Obito/Tobi's plan isnt' complete bull crap.

Yes, Obito is awful no matter how you look at it. The only chance this kid would have had to be a good character is if he was a completely different entity. Tobi just has too many things under his belt which doesn't make any logical connections with Obito. Kishi tried to kind of staple them together by using Zetsu and put some Madara here and some Madara there, but what came out is a Disfunctional Plothole Frankenstein; a character which adds nothing new or of a value to the story, no depth, no sympathy, nothing. One-dimensional, stupid, filled with nonsense (might I say BULLSHIT) rather than "HAET" all the way until the top, even the eyes got brown.

Tobi's character went down the shitter as soon as it was said that Obito is Tobi, as well as Kishi's credibility of being a good writer pretty much. Amazingly enough, for Kishimoto and Obito this isn't enough, as he pulls Kakashi, Madara and Zetsu down the drain with him as well.
    Last edited by IChallengeYou!; October 28, 2012 at 06:16 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member synapse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    6) The whole Uchiha clan massacre. A, Obito had the will of fire more than the Uchiha revenge. B. That was reversed after Rin+Madara+Black Zetsu’s influence. C. Why would he give a damn about a clan like that anyway? He never really was the type to have Uchiha pride anyway.
    You're just pulling stuff out of your you-know-what dude.

Obito's uchiha pride

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

The uchiha's forefather wants to revenge to his younger brother just because he wasn't made as a successor by his father.

Madara wants to destroy the konoha and the uchiha clan because he wasn't made as a hokage.

Obito wants to destroy the konoha, the uchiha and the entire ninja world because of rin.

So, the uchiha's are nothing but an insane maniacs. The uchiha shouldn't become a ninja, they're overreacting. Except for itachi and shisui of course.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Madara wants to destroy the konoha and the uchiha clan because he wasn't made as a hokage.
    What?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara wants to become a hokage right? But the village and the fuedal lords appointed hashirama. Madara, who just afraid that one day, the mighty uchiha would become a senju dogs. But his fellow clansmen betrayed him. That's the reason why he wants to revenge the konoha and the uchiha. He used the kyubi to attacked but he was defeated.

With that, he become obsessed to hashirama's DNA. He wants to destroy the world or he wants to use his infinite tsukuyomi to create a world of peace, but i doubt that. Maybe he just want to become a hokage in that genjutsu world and hashirama as his bodyguard?

Obito wants rin and kakashi in the genjutsu world.

So maybe,

Madara also wants hashirama to become a part of his genjutsu world?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Madara wants to become a hokage right
    No? That "story" came out from Trollbito, for all we know now Madara fought Hashirama to get his strength. Never has Madara mentioned anything about "revenge on Konoha" or something similar yet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    No? That "story" came out from Trollbito, for all we know now Madara fought Hashirama to get his strength. Never has Madara mentioned anything about "revenge on Konoha" or something similar yet.
    I agree with you :

IMO

Madara had enough opportunity to destroying Konoha if he wanted it ( at least after Tobirama death ).... even without Rinnegan , he had his EMS + Hashirama's cells and that mean he was above all of konoha ninjas level .....

He was only a dreamer and disappoint man , who want make a peace world with gaining Rinnegan ... and he need Hashirama's cell to gaining it ...

simply he loosed his interest in world after his brother death and especially after Uchiha abandoned him ....
    خداحافظ

New Reply