Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament II - Discussion Thread

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Bleach Tournament II - Discussion Thread

Welcome to The Bleach Tournament!

This is where you can discuss all things relevant to this tournament. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the tournament rules here.

We've finally come to the end of Bleach Tournament, here are the results.

RESULTS

CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET

WINNER

Unohana Retsu

RUNNER-UP

Kisuke Urahara

THIRD PLACE

Shunsui Kyōraku

TEAM BRACKET

WINNER

TEAM 10

RUNNER-UP

TEAM 5

THIRD PLACE

TEAM 13

Spoiler: Other Information show
    Last edited by Miyagi; August 18, 2013 at 03:21 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Baraggan should be excluded from the tournament

I think that Baraggan should be excluded from the tournament as a whole. Based on his fight against Soifon and Hachigen, Baraggan practically has one, and only one, weakness: using kido to use his own powers against him.

So, what's the problem? The rules state that we have to limit ourselves to what each character has been shown capable of doing in the manga. It is very likely that the barrier he used to remove his hand was based on his and Orihime's unique abilities (given the colour of the barrier). The problem that arises is that because of this, no other kido-user, such as Tessai, Urahara & Aizen have shown a similar technique. Since the nature of that move is questionable, the rules of the tournament doesn't allow us to assume that any of the three, or any other potential Kido-users for that matter, can use that barrier-move. Without that barrier-move, Baraggan cannot be defeated. Baraggan isn't slow enough to be defeated by some random long-range half-assed Kido/Cero-like attacks and he can't be touched.

Because of this, there is no character, other than Hachigen, that can defeat Baraggan. However, putting Baraggan up against Hachigen isn't fun at all as anyone can simply refer to the manga and proclaim Hachigen the winner.

In conclusion, Baraggan should be replaced/removed.
    Last edited by Azuma; May 08, 2013 at 10:16 AM.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament II - Discussion Thread

Please don't start new threads in tournament section, we have this thread to discuss issues about the tournament.

The tournament has already started and it's not possible to add or remove characters at this point. Personally I think there will be people who will disagree with you and argue Barragan isn't as overpowered as you think, you are free to argue in Barragan's favor in his fights though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sooo....why can't these be discussed in their respective battle threads? I mean, it wouldn't be off topic there since the battles aren't over.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I moved the posts about Barragan vs Giriko to the battle thread, you can continue the discussion in that thread.

I want to rephrase that the tournament will proceed with Barragan and other characters, there will not be any changes on the character list. If you think a character is overpowered, feel free to express your opinion about that character in the battle threads.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    Please don't start new threads in tournament section, we have this thread to discuss issues about the tournament.

The tournament has already started and it's not possible to add or remove characters at this point. Personally I think there will be people who will disagree with you and argue Barragan isn't as overpowered as you think, you are free to argue in Barragan's favor in his fights though.
    Fair enough. I didn't notice that this thread existed. I noticed that you didn't move my post though, and it just looks confusing as it is.

---------- Post added May 09, 2013 at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was May 08, 2013 at 05:17 PM ----------

I'm surprised Isshin won by such a big margin.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post

I'm surprised Isshin won by such a big margin.
    Me too. But you can't blame people, the guy was one of the very few who could tangle with Aizen, although an exhausting, depleting Aizen. Soi Fon deserved more voters though, she's a lot stronger than what people give her credit for.
    Smiling Devil

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Black View Post
    Me too. But you can't blame people, the guy was one of the very few who could tangle with Aizen, although an exhausting, depleting Aizen. Soi Fon deserved more voters though, she's a lot stronger than what people give her credit for.
    Tessai deserved more voters... but ah well, Isshin isn't weak by any standards - I am not too upset about his victory.
    Infinite RAGE!

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Group 1 : I was pretty sure Isshin would win this group but seeing Soi Fon getting only 3 votes was a surprise.

Group 2 : Harribel or others could not have defeated Unohaha.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

uh,guys,you should at least unlock the polls in the first groups,since they are closed now. it's much easier checking through their threads instead of here.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew Isshin and Unohana were locks. They seriously took a huge margin, Unohana especially.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sooo, Baraggan pwns in a similar way. Not like nobody expected it.

At least group 4 has some serious rivalry. Tsukishima did show some nasty stuff, but to think he's this close to Tousen... closer than Rose! Even Hinamori got some votes of pity...
    I'm curious about Yammy vs Kensei votes, at least.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of curiosity, what is it that decides the length of a fight? Do you decide to end them when a winner has become clear? I assumed there'd be a time-limit for each fight, but the Group 3 fight has ended despite it starting on the same day as others that are still on-going.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

There actually is a time limit, but when thorn had to stay away from the site for a few days from now on, we rest of the staff forgot to check it and Groups 3 & 4 had an extended period, so, it wasn't for the clarity of the winner. I noticed that and shut those down.
    Groups 5 & 6 will be closed soon and hopefully, we will catch up with schedule from that point onwards. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough. No harm done, really. I was merely curious. Keep up the good work, this is somewhat entertaining.

New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast