Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament II - Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament II - Discussion Thread

Speaking of brackets...

Where's the bracket for this tournament?

I remember that for the first tournament an image/bracket was made so everyone could check who will be facing who etc.

I'm guess one wasn't created for this tournament since I don't see one anywhere. Is there going to be one though? Might not be too late....

Edit-

Here are the ones for the previous tournament-

Last edited by Jackk; May 15, 2013 at 02:51 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    For the last time, Yammy's final form has to be disregarded since we didn't see him do anything.
    We know what he did, however, and simple inferences can tell us his minimum capabilities (Cero, Bala, Able to tag Byakuya as he was injured, strong enough to warrant Kenny unpatching despite already facing Bankai Byakuya) Not very hard to do, and very valid reasoning.

Unless you can show me where it was decided that Yammy's enraged form couldn't be used, then you've no grounds to tell me to disregard it, and you should stop attempting to do so

Quote Quote:
    We do not know for sure that he was the one that injured Byakuya and Kenpachi. As far as we know, they gave Yammy the fodder treatment and then carried on with their fight, in which both of them suffered serious injuries. There is nothing that says that the latter theory is incorrect.
    Unless you can give some valid reason to believe this is more likely than them just fighting Yammy, then there's no reason to believe this is what occured. However, you cannot, because nothing indicates they did anything more than fight Yammy. Your theory is possible, just not more plausible, and that is what matters

(Not to mention you're asking to disprove something you haven't even proven, or rather, saying that "nothing disproves it's correct" without first proving it is correct is simply wrong, and a fallacy)

Quote Quote:
    Had we actually seen Yammy injure both Byakuya and Kenpachi to that extent, then I would've voted for Yammy without a second of doubt.
    I doubt it

The version of Kensei you restricted yourself to using following your own logic (shikai/mask) has feats comparable to Base Yammy, what exactly did he accomplish that warranted a vote, then?
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; May 15, 2013 at 02:55 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not entirely implausbile though. Even during the fight against Yammy, they were close to breaking out into a fight:

http://mangawall.com/manga/bleach/382/17
    http://mangawall.com/manga/bleach/382/18

It is thus possible that they went through with it after all. Kenpachi loves fighting strong opponents. I find it strange that he would refer to the fight against Yammy as "boring as fuck" if Yammy was that overpowered.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not entirely implausbile though. Even during the fight against Yammy, they were close to breaking out into a fight:

http://mangawall.com/manga/bleach/382/17
    http://mangawall.com/manga/bleach/382/18

It is thus possible that they went through with it after all.
    I never said it wasn't possible nor implausible, it's just not the more likely event than them just fighting Yammy (Prior to the cut away, we see the two of them staring down Yammy. Next we see them emerging from the garganta injured, and after being asked "how the fight went" and Kenny giving his answer we immediately cut to Yammy, who was downed but not dead, still cursing the Captains as his dog arrives at his side). Those events don't give the impression that the last thing the Captains did was fight each other, it only references the fact they fought and defeated Yammy

If you don't understand what I'm saying with the more likely/plausible thing, then here's a parallel. It's possible that Kensei was so drained stopping Wondy's punch that his very first attack using his bankai drained him completely and he passed out after using it. Does my acknowledging this possibility make it equally likely as Wonderweiss just defeating him, however?

Quote Quote:
    Kenpachi loves fighting strong opponents. I find it strange that he would refer to the fight against Yammy as "boring as fuck" if Yammy was that overpowered.
    We don't know why he considered it boring, however. I'd say a valid reason he'd consider it such is because Byakuya was there helping him, as from my observations Kenpachi prefers fighting solo
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; May 15, 2013 at 03:16 PM.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough. The way you've put it, it does seem far more likely that they only fought Yammy, but as far as I know, Yammy never cursed the captains, he merely talked to the dog. I just checked and I don't see a panel of them looking down at Yammy either. Well regardless, it's irrelevant now. It's not like Yammy or Kensei even have a chance of winning the whole thing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    On a side note - what is with some people calling the main quincy Ywach? Where did that start from (which scantillator?)
    In Japanese his name is ユーハバッハ, which translates as (or perhaps sounds like is more accurate) Yūhabahha. To me, this doesn't sound anything like Ywach. In fact, saying it, it sounds like it could perhaps read Juha Baha.
    Hmm... Not targeting anyone in particular, as many people call him this (and honestly, it really doesn't matter what people call him - I will continue calling him Johan Bach even if his name is confirmed as Ywach. Mainly due to Bach being a cooler name (in my opinion) and also due to me not being able to pronounce Ywach), I am just wondering why. Thanks.
    Spoiler: Volume 58 show

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For the last time, Yammy's final form has to be disregarded since we didn't see him do anything. We do not know for sure that he was the one that injured Byakuya and Kenpachi. As far as we know, they gave Yammy the fodder treatment and then carried on with their fight, in which both of them suffered serious injuries. There is nothing that says that the latter theory is incorrect.

Had we actually seen Yammy injure both Byakuya and Kenpachi to that extent, then I would've voted for Yammy without a second of doubt.
    So, by the same token Kensei's bankai has to be disregarded as well. That's fair, correct? If so, I just don't see how he could injure Yammy enough to kill, if anything he'd enrage him causing his form to change.
    Last edited by freshseth83; May 15, 2013 at 04:06 PM.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    So, by the same token Kensei's bankai has to be disregarded as well. That's fair, correct?
    Not really. The only thing we can say about his Bankai, though, is that it can cause some serious explosions, possibly a result of it increasing his destructive strength. I think that makes him a suitable opponent to Yammy since Yammy isn't fast, but has great endurance.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Explosions are common in bleach. Renji's bankai causes explosions, but he was nothing to Yammy. Chad as well, Ichigo's getsuga etc. Explosions aren't enough to warrant a win for Kensei.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Explosions are common in bleach. Renji's bankai causes explosions, but he was nothing to Yammy. Chad as well, Ichigo's getsuga etc. Explosions aren't enough to warrant a win for Kensei.
    I urge you to compare the size of the explosion released by Kensei's bankai and then post. Evidently, it's not a normal explosion either. It's more cero-like, based on the explosions he created using his Shikai.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Explosions mean little. The discussion about Kensei is useless now anyway.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

The remaining two fights are boring and the outcome is obvious. Might as well just end them and start the next fights, before everyone loses interest.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

The remaining two fights are boring and the outcome is obvious. Might as well just end them and start the next fights, before everyone loses interest.
    Results for those two are up. Also, next fights have been started.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, it says they were posted May 3rd. Am I just blind or are the dates wrong?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

The fight threads were prepared beforehand, therefore, it's natural.

New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast