Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament II - Discussion Thread

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament II - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    The reiatsu cuffs are a seal. Chapter 402, deicide 4, Urahara describes it as a seal, and also says Aizen was touched twice. Not to mention he had preparation time to ready this sealing technique. These fights aren't the same.
    Yeah, they are a seal. I'm gonna tell you even more! They're sealing reiatsu! And sit tight! Urahara used a SEAL to SEAL Aizen on top of Kido. Awesome, right?

Now you just have to prove me, that seal has to be a device, not a technique. Urahara used a seal that was a TECHNIQUE sending in on top of other Kidos. That technique was activated after Ichigo used Mugetsu. If you really want to prove something, please do, but use proper arguments. Seal can be a technique, what you wrote means nothing. Even Aizen called it a technique in the next chapter.

Urahara touching him twice doesn't mean it's a device too. A time for preparing a technique doesn't matter in a fight, as he already invented that technique. He can do it however and whenever he wants. Ichigo learned how to use Getsuga, Urahara earned how to use this technique.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Singles semi finals were very exciting, they were both decided by one vote margin. I hope the fights for third place and championship will generate good discussion too. Team fights were relatively quiet, I was expecting Love's team to put up a better fight with two captains and the best healer as support but I guess Gin's bankai proves too strong, they seem to be the tournament favorites now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen called it a technique. Urahara called it a seal. A technique is a vague term. Everything has a technique. Hows a seal somehow in someones personal arsenal? A seal has to be created and applied to take place. Its not like a zanpakuto which is an ability.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen called it a technique. Urahara called it a seal. A technique is a vague term. Everything has a technique. Hows a seal somehow in someones personal arsenal? A seal has to be created and applied to take place. Its not like a zanpakuto which is an ability.
    So you're saying seal that sealed Aizen could be a technique, but a seal that seals reiatsu HAS TO be a device. Are they any different? That "seal" is nothing more than a powerful, everlasting Bakudo.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Theyre seals. Which are made. A technique can be related to say, a style of fighting. Or a way of doing something. A seal is a device, created. Doesn't matter in which means, kido etc.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ghan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This tournament was all about fandom.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Theyre seals. Which are made. A technique can be related to say, a style of fighting. Or a way of doing something. A seal is a device, created. Doesn't matter in which means, kido etc.
    Any proof, that seal has to be a device? Also, if device can be made of Kido doesn't it make it a technique? Just like for example, Sokatsui? Which means it can be used many, many times? I think you forgot why you are actually discussing... If it's something not physical which is used by Urahara and he can use it and doesn't need any preparations or special items, it's a TECHNIQUE and saying he can't use it against Kenpachi is just wrong. If you want to discuss it more, show me basis for your reasoning. Seal must be a device, device can be Kido, but that Kido can't be used more than once and can't be used against Kenpachi. Just four statements, go!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You must be confused about what Im stating. Kido is more than hado or bakudo. Kido can be used to heal as well. Not everyone knows that healing kido, do they? Because some seal is kido BASED does not mean its a kido technique. Your definition of technique is not what Im pointing out. A SEAL is created, a bakudo is a spell which is entirely different.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

You must be confused about what Im stating. Kido is more than hado or bakudo. Kido can be used to heal as well. Not everyone knows that healing kido, do they? Because some seal is kido BASED does not mean its a kido technique. Your definition of technique is not what Im pointing out. A SEAL is created, a bakudo is a spell which is entirely different.
    Yeah, so far we've seen, that seal Urahara used is just a very strong Bakudo, a spell. Nothing suggests otherwise. If you want to keep going on about how it's created (oh, of course it is ffs, it's not bestowed upon Urahara by Soul King) and is not a spell, prove it. Everyone said it's a technique, a spell. But you saw word "seal" you say it can't be used again. How do you call a technique, that SEALS something? For example, reiatsu veins? Is there even the other way to call it than SEAL?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrong. A 'spell' is hado or bakudo. They are sometimes chanted. The seal Urahara used was not chanted and was not a bakudo. It was hidden by using those kido chants as a distraction. Urahara doesn't carry around seals for his opponents, and the seals he used were created for the fight with Aizen, he admitted such. What 'proof' do you want when the manga speaks for itself?
    Last edited by freshseth83; August 15, 2013 at 10:09 PM.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrong. A 'spell' is hado or bakudo. They are sometimes chanted. The seal Urahara used was not chanted and was not a bakudo. It was hidden by using those kido chants as a distraction. Urahara doesn't carry around seals for his opponents, and the seals he used were created for the fight with Aizen, he admitted such. What 'proof' do you want when the manga speaks for itself?
    Considering it's purpose wasn't really attacking and was supposed to be hidden NOT chanting was the ONLY option. It didn't need additional strength. You really write anything that comes to your mind, don't you...?

Only thing that was admitted is Urahara developing this technique for the battle with Aizen. Which doesn't change that fact, that manga also stated, that it's a technique, not a device. If you want to say manga speaks for itself, show me. You have one word, "seal", I have the whole statement, that it's a technique. But your statement doesn't disprove mine, and my statement disproves yours.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been an exciting tournament, at least in the championship bracket, Gin's team kinda dominated the team bracket. I wonder what would happen if Gin advanced to the championship bracket instead of Yoruichi, I guess Gin's ability is especially useful in team fights. It was virtually impossible to predict the winner of championship bracket, many fights were decided by the skin of a teeth. Any of the four semi-finalists could have won the tournament, or even outsiders like Shinji or Barragan. It's also a refreshing change to have a female as the winner of the tournament, that's not a usual occurrence in shonen. Well, there are others who were excluded from the tournament and of course Kenpachi but still. Shinigami captains have the top share in the results, I wonder if this last war will turn the tide. Feel free to make comments and suggestions in case we organize a third Bleach tournament in the future.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've really missed out on a huge portion of this tournament, definitely the latest team match-ups which introduced my top two characters, Gin and Byakuya. I'm not surprised that Gin's team won, but a Byakuya vs Gin match-up is a lot closer than what people think, at least Imo.
    Smiling Devil

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ehh, if only I voted for Urahara instead of Unohana... it'd be a tie. Too bad I threw fanboyism away. :/

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How about a bonus round of Unohana vs Team 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PS. To bad you are not 4 years older and living in my country as i would love to exchange ideas over a drink :P
    Tell the emperor that my hall has fallen to the ground. Phoibos no longer has his house, nor his mantic bay, nor his prophetic spring; the water has dried up.- Pythia of Delphi

New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast