Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Bleach Tournament II - Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament II - Discussion Thread

Rightful winner. Unohana was on another level. It will be interesting to see the developments of these sternritter and the captains. I believe Mayuri (and Urahara) will find a counter to the bankai theft and that will sway the war but not until late. Perhaps more Captains bankai will be shown and hopefully not stolen. I also hope characters like Rose, Juushiro, Kensei and Shunsui get more 'screen time' and development. Enough of the constant Rukia Renji Chad Orihime show.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    How about a bonus round of Unohana vs Team 10?
    Could be interesting, but I honestly don't see Unohana defeating Gin and his deadly bankai while simultaneously fighting off the rest of this team. CQC and Zanjutsu, she destroys.She may even take two of them down with her but outside that, Kamishini no Yari presents terrible match-up problems for her.
    Smiling Devil

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No it doesn't. See how she slapped Zaraki's sword aside like childs play? Yeah, Gin's sword wouldn't pose much threat imo. Its speed is not hard for captains to react to. And shes the master of every style, so theres no way she wouldn't recognize his stance relating to his sword's abilities. If Shunsui can dodge ceros from Starrk without trouble, Unohana who is at least in the same category, shouldn't have trouble dodging.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    No it doesn't. See how she slapped Zaraki's sword aside like childs play? Yeah, Gin's sword wouldn't pose much threat imo. Its speed is not hard for captains to react to. And shes the master of every style, so theres no way she wouldn't recognize his stance relating to his sword's abilities. If Shunsui can dodge ceros from Starrk without trouble, Unohana who is at least in the same category, shouldn't have trouble dodging.
    He doesn't have to use a stance. He can use it in the middle of a slash. When she tries to block, extend it and make thrust out of it. And if she gets hit once, she's done for. Considering they wouldn't know of those abilities at the beggining, she stands no chance. Even in 1v1 she would have problems.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    He doesn't have to use a stance. He can use it in the middle of a slash. When she tries to block, extend it and make thrust out of it. And if she gets hit once, she's done for. Considering they wouldn't know of those abilities at the beggining, she stands no chance. Even in 1v1 she would have problems.
    Wrong. Every fighter has a stance. Every swordsman has a style. Unohana knows every one of them. His extendapole is a joke compared to Unohana's skill level. She would dodge any of his strikes with ease. I wouldn't even be surprised to see her swat his sword aside with her hand or foot. Gin is an average captain in terms of skillset while Unohana is arguably the best in soul society's history. Gin stands no chance.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Wrong. Every fighter has a stance. Every swordsman has a style. Unohana knows every one of them. His extendapole is a joke compared to Unohana's skill level. She would dodge any of his strikes with ease. I wouldn't even be surprised to see her swat his sword aside with her hand or foot. Gin is an average captain in terms of skillset while Unohana is arguably the best in soul society's history. Gin stands no chance.
    Gin used Shinsou in every situation possible, he used a stance ONCE, to test Ichigo. He retracted his sword in the middle of a sword fight to block Ichigo's slash, he attacked with extended sword without ANY stance. The one wrong is you.

PS. I think you misunderstood what "stance" means in my post. He doesn't need to stand there in a specific way to use his ability, like Ichigo when using Bankai against Byakuya. While Unohana has NO information on an enemy she will never know what hit her. And Gin is clearly not your average captain, he is a prodigy, that could toy with 3rd seats just when he finished academy in 1 year. His ability is probably unrivaled in whole Gotei 13, and he was the ONLY person to surprise and "kill" Aizen. If Aizen couldn't react, neither with Unohana, when she's concentrated on a fight.
    Last edited by Duniak; August 29, 2013 at 12:48 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think YOU misunderstood what stance means in my post. I'm not talking about Gin's special or unique way of standing. I'm talking about how a fighter stands when entering battle. Everyone has a way of this. Because everyone learns a set style or skill. Unohana knows them all and has MASTERED them all. So nothing Gin throws at her is new. Even Zaraki was but a child to her, she called him weak. The same Zaraki that took out three SR. Gin is a baby in comparison. To think he would have a shot at beating Unohana is funny imo. Even with his teammates in his group itd still be a stretch. Aizen didn't need to react to Gin btw. He welcomed the fact that Gin knew KS's ability and counter so he could transend further.
    Last edited by freshseth83; September 03, 2013 at 12:27 PM.

New Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14