Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi

    The results are hidden 0%
  • Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri

    The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

  1. #16
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    1. BJK is returnable. Kintaro did it. Kaji Kazena likely did it.
    Is Momo's like Oni's? Hell no. But Momoshiro's BJK should still be considered an excellent HS level shot of course.

    2. It had to have broken their wrists. If Taira/Hara's wrists were fine, then all they had to do was aim for Kenya the whole match and win. Since like Mutsu/Mutsu was nearing the end of their game about to win, and Date/Ban were on match point, Taira/Hara couldn't have had long to go til they bt Momoshiro/Kenya.

    Taira/Hara's wrists must have been broken by that shot. Otherwise Hara and Taira could have just ignored Momo. THey are capable of this since they were toying around right through up until Momo hit BJK.

    3. When somebody is injured in Synchro then it should terminate it. If someone is running out of stamina however, it won't terminate it I believe.
    It's the only reason I can think of why Washio needed medical attention against No.15/16.

    4. WoK prepared for BJK? not fully. But they will work their way around it I believe. I don't know whether this falls under reasonable improvement or plot anymore since people intertwined the two with Oni's matches and Sanada's matches.

    5. Why on earth should we assume Chitose can use Muga in Synchro? Niou didn't. No mention of it so no. He cannot until proven.

    6. Taira Yoshiyuki's Bakyuun takes out racket guts as far as we are concerned. Top shot. He was worthy of his 1st Stringer badge with that shot.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    I don't see both teams doing a complete shutdown on the other team's special shots. It'll look like your generic 6-6 where both side will have highlights using their special shots to score easily but synchro will prove to be the difference in the tiebreaker.

  4. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    5. Why on earth should we assume Chitose can use Muga in Synchro? Niou didn't. No mention of it so no. He cannot until proven.
    ...and the chapter when Niou achieves Muga is where?

  5. #19
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,808
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    ...and the chapter when Niou achieves Muga is where?
    Fayte, I'm pretty sure he meant that we didn't see Niou using Hyakuren or Saiki in synchro. Moreover, we never actually see Niou using either aura after the match with Fuji, but that's beside the point. Muga's just not going to be effective at this point in the story, but I don't believe you can use Muga while in synchro.

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Given synchro is some kind of super teamwork tech, it'd seem that Muga which is more of a one man show would not be very useful in synchro. Maybe if both characters with synchro can use Muga it'd be effective.

  8. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    This post is full of assumptions.

    Rai is stronger than BJK?
    So you think Sanada will hit Rai once to Momoshiro and it will snap off his wrists in one shot? Even though BJK ALSO breaks racket guts.

    You say BJK could be returned with the racket frame, in this series, the racket frame can return anything I gues.

    Tachibana returning Bakyuun no problem?? That's nonsense. We don't know that at all.

    Otherwise Taira wouldn't have been the No.18 if it is so easy to return.
    But he'll have problems with Bakyuun, but eventually he'll return it. Easy to return, it's path is simple, the only problem is power. So you're telling me that with BJK, Momo is physically stronger than Tachibana, if Momo returned Bakyuun, Tachibana who is levels above can't? I see Tachibana using Mojuu No Aura and returning the shot, but maybe that would take some points.

    Well, Kintarou returned BJK no problem first try, however, Rai, he wouldn't have been able to return it. I'm not saying Rai breaks your wrists, but for now the gut will always be broken by it. BJK breaks your gut and wrists also but you can return it if you have enough power, on the other hand, everytime Sanada used Rai, nobody returned it directly with the gut.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; October 17, 2012 at 03:54 AM.

  9. #22
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    ...and the chapter when Niou achieves Muga is where?
    Are you serious?
    Niou achieves the Muga doors through his Illusion.
    You should be able work something out like that yourself without people spelling it out. I obviously meant the doors.
    Niou can use nearly everything.

  10. #23
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    i'm still amazed by momo's bjk, it broke through 2 racket guts ? and damaged 2 player's wrists in one shot.

  11. #24
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Are you serious?
    Niou achieves the Muga doors through his Illusion.
    You should be able work something out like that yourself without people spelling it out. I obviously meant the doors.
    Niou can use nearly everything.
    No, Fayte is right. Unless the character he's copying has Muga, he cannot use it. Atobe, Kikumaru, every single one he copied while in Synchro, none of them had Muga.

    I don't think that he's able to use Muga by himself.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Tezuka doesn't have regular Muga so I'd guess Niou copying Tezuka won't have Muga either.

    But I don't see why you'd even want to do Muga when you can do Hyakuren aura. Does anyone think regular Muga even has a chance at defeating Hyakuren aura?

  14. #26
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron
    But I don't see why you'd even want to do Muga when you can do Hyakuren aura. Does anyone think regular Muga even has a chance at defeating Hyakuren aura?
    Niou can not use any Muga techniques at all. He can only give off the "illusion" of the person he is copying. So Niou can't use Hyakuren if he does not copy Tezuka. But yeah, there is no point to copying people weaker than Tezuka, in which case makes Niou a useless character.

    As for the question of if Muga is possible in synchro, I would say no. For one, you must be yourself in order to use synchro. Muga is the "selfLESS" state. It is the absence of oneself, hence the usage of others' techniques. You wouldn't be able to communicate to your partner in a muga state, making synchro impossible.

  15. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    I don't see why any of these discussion matter. As far as we know, full control over beast syncho right now is simply assumption. Tachibana/Chitose is 3rd court level pair, which isn't anywhere near 1st stringer. It's like debating Fuji can beat Sanada because he's one of the high tier. It's just a different tier all together.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  16. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    The G11-20 guys are more like 'free xp for the black jacket team'. Yes in theory they stomped court 3 which gave the winner's bracket guys a hard time but the winner's bracket guys already surpassed them at the end of training anyway. When the team roster was listed Kirihara was saying how come MSers didn't show up on the roster even though they've a better chance of winning, so unless he's just making stuff up, that means at that point the winner's bracket team has surpassed court 3. Honestly I'd say the court 3 guys were used as fodder to weaken the G11-20 so that black jacket team can pick up an easy win.

  17. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    The G11-20 guys are more like 'free xp for the black jacket team'. Yes in theory they stomped court 3 which gave the winner's bracket guys a hard time but the winner's bracket guys already surpassed them at the end of training anyway. When the team roster was listed Kirihara was saying how come MSers didn't show up on the roster even though they've a better chance of winning, so unless he's just making stuff up, that means at that point the winner's bracket team has surpassed court 3. Honestly I'd say the court 3 guys were used as fodder to weaken the G11-20 so that black jacket team can pick up an easy win.
    Kirihara doesn't say that. He say MS have good win %. It means in the court shuffle, they manage to win a lot of the times. I'm thinking that it's all 100%. And because it's all 100%, the coach decided to go with the HS instead of MS.

    Also, there's NOTHING that shows winner surpass the 3rd court at the end of training. It's "assumption". It is a good assumption, and I think it's most likely true. But until we saw those guys next match, we can't gauge their actual level. So for now, they are 3rd court level player. Anything above that is pure assumption.

    Assumption are cool and all, but if we simply go by assumption and not facts, that just make this tournament a popularity contest and not really a tournament. Here's an example of why you shouldn't use assumption. In that case, Fuji have a very real chance of beating Sanada. He already lost to Tezuka, and he wouldn't lost to same opponent twice. So next time he play, he should be at TnK! Tezuka level. And that should be able to crush Sanada. I just don't think assumption should be use as a base for matches in this tournament.
    Last edited by -Ken-; October 18, 2012 at 01:05 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  18. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Ken, shut the hell up about assumption. You assume just as much as others with everything you say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Hyakuren+Saiki would have beat Yukimura based on what we've seen and Yips most likely wouldn't kick in at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    WoK use beast syncho and most likely can't even control it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Fuji techniques is most likely a stronger tech than Viking Horn
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    I'll say Hiyoshi back then is most likely better than Jirou.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    back then Amane>Hiyoshi>Jirou
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Sanada will lose because his knee will give out at that point, and at that point, he's just plain weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    I don't think Fuji CAN win 5 games though. 2, or 3, max.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    He already lost to Tezuka, and he wouldn't lost to same opponent twice. So next time he play, he should be at TnK! Tezuka level.
    I rest my case.
    Last edited by Fayte; October 18, 2012 at 08:39 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts