Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi

    The results are hidden 0%
  • Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri

    The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Ken, shut the hell up about assumption. You assume just as much as others with everything you say.










    I rest my case.
    @ Last Qoute
    Here's an example of why you shouldn't use assumption


    I was wrong to assume you can read. Sorry about that.

    @Yips. It's based on explanation given in the PoT. Do you happen to read it? Because I do. If it's written in the manga, it's not assumption

    It's either WoK can't use Beast Syncho freely yet, and that's why they fail to beat the 3rd court. Or they can use it freely but the skill just makes them 3rd court lv. Either way, they lost to 3rd court.

    @Fuji&Viking Horn. Lol, really? Gate/Hoshi Hanabi. I really hope you're not serious. In case you are, Kai must be stronger than Fuji, Tezuka, Niou, and Shiraishi in National, then, huh? That wasn't suppose to be a statement, by the way. So please don't use that as an example of how I think. I'll make it clear, I don't think Kai can top those 4.

    @Sanada. It's based on the knee until Sanada go up during battle with Tezuka. If Sanada have one leg, he won't beat Fuji. Yes, that's an assumption. It's a reasonable assumption.

    I'll admit the other point are assumption. Hence the "I think" part. I thnk means in my opinion. That makes it rather clear. Don't you agree. Wait, guess not.

    Now, show me a page in SPoT that shows Tachibana/Chitose are NOT 3rd court lv. Thanks. And thanks for not being rude by saying

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    shut the hell up
    Please do so too.
    Last edited by -Ken-; October 18, 2012 at 09:26 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  2. #32
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    No, Fayte is right. Unless the character he's copying has Muga, he cannot use it. Atobe, Kikumaru, every single one he copied while in Synchro, none of them had Muga.

    I don't think that he's able to use Muga by himself.
    I meant through his illusions. Are you being serious?? Or are you joking?
    Niou can become them of course. This is so annoying. I OBVIOUSLY MEANT HE BECOMES CHITOSE OR TEZUKA.

    I EVEN SAID ''HE CAN USE NEARLY EVERYTHING''.
    WHAT ELSE COULD YOU AND FAYTE THINK WHEN I SAID THIS???

    NIOU OBVIOUSLY CANNOT USE IT BY HIMSELF.

    To think I would have to spell it out for you both completely.
    To think I would have to say more than ''Niou achieves the Muga doors through his Illusion''.
    His ''Illusion''. Do you not know what the Illusions mean???

    Niou's Illusion for anybody else who doesn't know.
    It's when he becomes somebody to use their techniques and abilities.

    ---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Niou can not use any Muga techniques at all. He can only give off the "illusion" of the person he is copying. So Niou can't use Hyakuren if he does not copy Tezuka. But yeah, there is no point to copying people weaker than Tezuka, in which case makes Niou a useless character.

    As for the question of if Muga is possible in synchro, I would say no. For one, you must be yourself in order to use synchro. Muga is the "selfLESS" state. It is the absence of oneself, hence the usage of others' techniques. You wouldn't be able to communicate to your partner in a muga state, making synchro impossible.
    Niou uses the Illusion.
    This means he becomes Tezuka. Becoming Tezuka is part of his Illusion if you didn't know.

    Niou's Illusion are the real thing. As said so in the manga.
    He actually used Hyakku Ren. He actually used Synchro. He's just limited by his own physique.

    When I meant Muga I meant its doors. Niou didn't use its doors in Synchro.

    I said he uses Muga techniques through his Illusions myself. So what have you said? The same thing I said.

    ---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    @ Last Qoute
    Here's an example of why you shouldn't use assumption

    @Yips. It's based on explanation given in the PoT. Do you happen to read it? Because I do. If it's written in the manga, it's not assumption
    Considering after seeing Fuwa, Yuki doesn't need to be winning to inflict Yips anymore. So its assumption.
    It's assumption to assume Yips cannot kick in.

    Also, Sanada lasted really long against Tezuka before his knees gave in. That was 7-5. That's a lot longer than what most players would take Sanada to.
    Not sure if he was knee will give out too easily with the general raise in ''invisible improvement'' all MSers got.

  3. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Kirihara doesn't say that. He say MS have good win %. It means in the court shuffle, they manage to win a lot of the times. I'm thinking that it's all 100%. And because it's all 100%, the coach decided to go with the HS instead of MS.

    Also, there's NOTHING that shows winner surpass the 3rd court at the end of training. It's "assumption". It is a good assumption, and I think it's most likely true. But until we saw those guys next match, we can't gauge their actual level. So for now, they are 3rd court level player. Anything above that is pure assumption.

    Assumption are cool and all, but if we simply go by assumption and not facts, that just make this tournament a popularity contest and not really a tournament. Here's an example of why you shouldn't use assumption. In that case, Fuji have a very real chance of beating Sanada. He already lost to Tezuka, and he wouldn't lost to same opponent twice. So next time he play, he should be at TnK! Tezuka level. And that should be able to crush Sanada. I just don't think assumption should be use as a base for matches in this tournament.
    The only way Kirihara's statement would make sense by your interpretation is if every person in the top 20 on the reserve team plus a large number of other MSers all won 100% of their games, which would imply no one on court 3 and presumably 1 ever played another MSer who also won 100%. So that'd mean they determined the team by how much they beat up the court 10 guys?

    Kirihara clearly implies that there are plenty of MSers who won more games than the high schoolers in the top 20. Yukimura was #20 on that list, and it's unfathomable there would be 19 guys with an equal or higher winning % than he does. Obviously, the list wasn't based on just winning %, but the fact that MSers have higher winning % implies they've improved significantly by then. Otherwise they'd still have a lower winning % than court 3 and there wouldn't be any dispute on why court 3 guys consist most of that list (not counting the other court 1 guys that we never see).

  4. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Considering after seeing Fuwa, Yuki doesn't need to be winning to inflict Yips anymore. So its assumption.
    It's assumption to assume Yips cannot kick in.
    That's what you get for looking at things with only context that Fayte cut. I mention that it's only in PoT for Yips/Tezuka comment.

    Also, I mention that if Fuji last 5 game. Then it would be the same. I already take into consideration the long game.

    It's what happen when you only look at things that was crop out.

    @Phanton. That's why I say the same...? If it's the same, then it could happen. I saw Kaoz calculation. But the MS could have been practicing with MS (and that's why their win % is hurt) and only lower court. While Court 3 have lucky draw.
    Last edited by -Ken-; October 18, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    They played 5 games a day for 10 days to determine the final ranking. Given anyone below court 6 is almost certainly autowin for anyone that matters, the only way MSers can have a higher winning % without playing court 3 guys is if they never played Irie/Tokugawa/Oni while court 3 played against those 3 guys the whole time. It's possible but I don't see why there would be such a weird schedule. You've 50 games so it can't be just a fluke.

  7. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    They played 5 games a day for 10 days to determine the final ranking. Given anyone below court 6 is almost certainly autowin for anyone that matters, the only way MSers can have a higher winning % without playing court 3 guys is if they never played Irie/Tokugawa/Oni while court 3 played against those 3 guys the whole time. It's possible but I don't see why there would be such a weird schedule. You've 50 games so it can't be just a fluke.
    Well, even if it's not perfect win. If 3rd court play MS and lose, or if MS play each other and lose. That lose counts as the same. No matter that the % is, as long the % is close enough with each other, I can see the reasoning of why the coach would want to give HS a chance to challenge 1st stringer more. This is even if HS % is, say, 5% lower than MS.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  8. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Well, even if it's not perfect win. If 3rd court play MS and lose, or if MS play each other and lose. That lose counts as the same. No matter that the % is, as long the % is close enough with each other, I can see the reasoning of why the coach would want to give HS a chance to challenge 1st stringer more. This is even if HS % is, say, 5% lower than MS.
    I have no problem with the decision to play court 3 over MSers but I really don't see the important members of the winner's bracket losing to court 3 more than half of the time given they've a higher winning % by the time the G20 returned. I can see say a MSer have 40-10 and they give the court 3 guy who has a 38-12 record for better matchup or whatever, but the guy with 40-10 presumably didn't just get an improbably lucky break on his schedule compared to the 38-12 guy.

  9. #38
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Finals - Team 3 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Tachibana/Chitose

    Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi: 4 votes
    Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri: 6 votes

    Winner: Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts