Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is the top five strongest Nen users

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who do you think is the top five strongest Nen users

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    ^ Yeah the top floor boss at Heaven's Arena has got to be one of the strongest.
    It's Hisoka.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dougbp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I don't know why everyone puts Netero here. His Nen is not utterly impressive, it's just strong
    Huh? "His Nen is not utterly impressive" ? Didn't you never read the comment of Morau about his Nen's shape? And the incredible assassin-aura that Netero had seconds before he died that scaries even Meryem? So, how can't his Nen be utterly impressive? Oo

I really doubt that Netero uses all his power to impress that ant named Colt in that time. But, comparing the power of Netero by his fight against Meryem is no sense, since Meryem was the supreme/ultra/mega character in the whole story. So, no. His Nen is utterly impressive.
    Last edited by dougbp; October 17, 2012 at 01:58 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

For you, maybe. But it's not complex. It's a emitted statue that hits as He prays. He then blast Nen.

It's more impressive for me the ability of Novu making a whole mansion. Or the ability of Owl which is utterly useful. Or the ability of Kite which allows him to come back from death.

Those are impressive. Netero is powerful, yes, but His technique does not impress me at all. Beautiful and simple as it is.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

For you, maybe. But it's not complex. It's a emitted statue that hits as He prays. He then blast Nen.
    It's good that you mentioned it. You touched the point that I want to talk. This "emitted statue that hits as he prays" has already showed us the incredible capacity of power that Netero saves. When Togashi reaveled Netero's training, he left clear for us that Netero trained a lot and gave his own soul to his training. The training was so long, hard and mentalized that we can assume that his Nen is something very out of the common. It's incredible. Monstrous. Unnatural.

It's more impressive for me the ability of Novu making a whole mansion. Or the ability of Owl which is utterly useful. Or the ability of Kite which allows him to come back from death.
    Here, I can't agree with you. What impresses you is the Hatsu of theses characters. Not the force called "Nen". The thread is about the Top 5 stronger Nen users. And not about the Top 5 Hatsu's owners. It's true that a powerful Hatsu comes from a powerful Nen. But the relation is too great to consider it as equal. Nen is about 4 categories and Hatsu is one of those.
    Last edited by dougbp; October 17, 2012 at 07:35 PM.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you're confused. Nen involves the technique. I was mentioning the technique of those users. Techniques that requires more than one Hatsu :/
    And...50 years training usually does things as amazing as that. Gon was monstrous with just one year, so go figure.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you're confused. Nen involves the technique. I was mentioning the technique of those users. Techniques that requires more than one Hatsu :/
    And...50 years training usually does things as amazing as that. Gon was monstrous with just one year, so go figure.
    Yeah, with dark continent coming close, the current nen powers levels will probably skyhigh, seeing how powerful the ants were.
    Spoiler show

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Nops. You're confused. I pointed an argument. You pointed some mixed things. And you can never compare the Gon's case envolving Nen with the training of Netero. Gon abdicated his life to reach that level of power IN THAT MOMENT. He didn't training that. It was one moment and then it'd be just death. But, Togashi involved Alluka in the story and we just did know the rest. So, the power of Nen that Gon adquired was by a situation that involved his life. Netero is different. He gave his life to his training and "growed up"constantly. Gon passed by a situation that made him "grow up" inconstantly.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't the topic about the STRONGEST nen users? Not really sure if someone like Kortopi is "strong" in that sense even though he has a wonderful ability. On the other hand, Netero's statue gives him virtually impregnable defense that is simultaneously attack. Anybody not the King would have trouble tanking even a single shot. I suspect guys like Hisoka would be beaten (literally) to a pulp. Forget about putting up Gyo to defend against a gigantic statue arm moving at the speed of sound at that machine like rate. Even if a nen user could somehow tank the blows there isn't too much you could do but stand there and take it (or run).

I think, btw, that it's interesting comparing guys like Silva/Zeno to Illumi/Hisoka/Chrollo. They might actually be fairly similar in power (with of course associated advantages and disadvantages depending on the match up as well as due to the varying nature of their Nen abilities). We know that Hisoka and Illumi is more or less identical. We also know (vaguely) the thing between Zeno and Chrollo. In fact I think Zeno might actually be the weaker one due to his age so should his position in the hierarchy really be taken for granted? If Chrollo isn't then he probably shouldn't be there, or be really borderline.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougbp View Post
    Nops. You're confused. I pointed an argument. You pointed some mixed things. And you can never compare the Gon's case envolving Nen with the training of Netero. Gon abdicated his life to reach that level of power IN THAT MOMENT. He didn't training that. It was one moment and then it'd be just death. But, Togashi involved Alluka in the story and we just did know the rest. So, the power of Nen that Gon adquired was by a situation that involved his life. Netero is different. He gave his life to his training and "growed up"constantly. Gon passed by a situation that made him "grow up" inconstantly.
    You mixed my argument. I never said Supah-Gon. I'm talking of regular Gon. He's a monster. Able to defy some users which YEARS of training just by only a year learning and practicing the basics while MAKING his technique.
    And yet his Nen is not impressive (Gon and Netero) due its simplicity. It's terrifying? yes. It's extremely powerful? Yes. It's useful? Yes. It's something out of imagination?...Actually no. It's just a statue that hits and a blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Isn't the topic about the STRONGEST nen users? Not really sure if someone like Kortopi is "strong" in that sense even though he has a wonderful ability. On the other hand, Netero's statue gives him virtually impregnable defense that is simultaneously attack. Anybody not the King would have trouble tanking even a single shot. I suspect guys like Hisoka would be beaten (literally) to a pulp. Forget about putting up Gyo to defend against a gigantic statue arm moving at the speed of sound at that machine like rate. Even if a nen user could somehow tank the blows there isn't too much you could do but stand there and take it (or run).

I think, btw, that it's interesting comparing guys like Silva/Zeno to Illumi/Hisoka/Chrollo. They might actually be fairly similar in power (with of course associated advantages and disadvantages depending on the match up as well as due to the varying nature of their Nen abilities). We know that Hisoka and Illumi is more or less identical. We also know (vaguely) the thing between Zeno and Chrollo. In fact I think Zeno might actually be the weaker one due to his age so should his position in the hierarchy really be taken for granted? If Chrollo isn't then he probably shouldn't be there, or be really borderline.
    Yup, that's why I never nominated her. But knowledge of Nen should be something, since Gin is respected due that it seems (Or knowing that ancient Nen language, who knows)
    And that brings out the question if there is actual tiers on HxH.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The most skilled/knowledgeable (whichever you think is the appropriate) and the strongest. Are these two concepts the same in HxH or not? I think that would help to clarify your points of view by defining these two things guys.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

You mixed my argument. I never said Supah-Gon. I'm talking of regular Gon. He's a monster. Able to defy some users which YEARS of training just by only a year learning and practicing the basics while MAKING his technique.
    And yet his Nen is not impressive (Gon and Netero) due its simplicity. It's terrifying? yes. It's extremely powerful? Yes. It's useful? Yes. It's something out of imagination?...Actually no. It's just a statue that hits and a blast.

Yup, that's why I never nominated her. But knowledge of Nen should be something, since Gin is respected due that it seems (Or knowing that ancient Nen language, who knows)
    And that brings out the question if there is actual tiers on HxH.
    EXACTLY!GON is way too strong ,he is able to one shot many persons who are a lot more experienced and stronger than him and he don't even masters properly Paper and Scissors.Among the enhancers his ability is the most versatile.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why everyone puts Netero here. His Nen is not utterly impressive, it's just strong.

I'm guessing Pariston, Ging, the Heaven Arena top floor boss and some unknown yet bandit are on the Top 5. I don't say any Zoeldyck since I think that would be something to mention.
    Um...wouldn't his nen being strong as it is MAKE it utterly impressive? I'm not seeing the difference.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Also seeing how the topic is the five STRONGEST nen users I don't get the objection to Netero on the list when you say so yourself that his nen is strong.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Um...wouldn't his nen being strong as it is MAKE it utterly impressive? I'm not seeing the difference.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Also seeing how the topic is the five STRONGEST nen users I don't get the objection to Netero on the list when you say so yourself that his nen is strong.
    Right?

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

He's not the strongest.

He was the president, but by all means He can't be the most powerful human out there. Considering age and his own words...I think He's strong, but not top 5.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

It was just an opinion what I say about his Nen not being impressive, btw.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Netero, Ging, Chrollo, Tower of Heaven Boss, Knuckle(?)
    Last edited by FaustXIII; October 18, 2012 at 03:46 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast