Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is the top five strongest Nen users

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who do you think is the top five strongest Nen users

Netero isn't in the top 5 because otherwise they'd have mentioned that along the way. That said there's a difference between strong overall and strong in battle. Pitou is almost certainly the strongest amongst the Royals (he is more effective at manipulation than Pufu, who is naturally manipulation) but his abilities are not suited for small scale combat at all. In the world of HXH, outside of a few guys who lived to just kill, being good at killing people isn't even necessarily a significant accomplishment.

There's probably no top 5 out of all the characters introduced prior to the end of the Ant arc because you'd think Biscuit will talk about them if it's someone they met. Ging is obviously one of the top 5. Some of the election arc characters might be in that top 5 though there's no way to verify it one way or another. Characters like Hisoka can't possibly be the top 5 because it's clearly a title everyone would recognize. I don't think it's even meaningful to try to figure out who might be top 5 as a function of strength. If you consider Alluka as an actual 'user' he will be way above top 5 level (his power flat out exceeds the limitation of humanity) even though he's actually quite weak at fighting. In a world where fighting is not the sole measure of success, there's no reason to assume Neon won't be considered a more special user with her unique ability compared to guys who can punch through solid walls.
    Last edited by Phantron; October 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Raad's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure but I think it was mentionned during the last arc that Botobai was the closest to Netero in ability, which points out that Isaac could be included in the top 5, but also that Gigante may well be one of them.

Regarding my personal ranking, I'd give mine if I could, but I need to see first what each character we saw thus far is capable of.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of the guys in Zodiac certainly could be in top 5 but there's no way to verify it one way or another. Given the Hunter's Association is supposed to be the most powerful orgaization based on individuals as opposed to say military power in the world, it'd be pretty weird if they don't have several guys in the top 5 list.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i would say now (netero and meurem dead)

1.I guess someone we dont know (like the highest floor boss)
    2.Kuroro (his ability is just awesome and he didnt showed all he got i am sure)
    3.Ging Freecs
    4.Silver and Zeno
    5.Hisoka (just will show us what he got when its about death and life battle

thats what i like about hunter x hunter the main char isnt even under the 5 strongest if it would be naruto
    who is the strongest
    naruto is somewhere upwards

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It'd be a sad sign of catering to popularity if people as irrelevent as Hisoka gets on this list.

The triple star Hunter requires several Nobel prize level of accomplishment. There are at least 4 Triple Stars from just the Zodiac counting Ging (who is not one but obviously is qualified) but it'd be pretty ridiculous if Zodiac has 4 out of the top 5s. If the most elite organization in the world can't possibly get its highest tier characters (triple stars), why on earth would a random murderer (Hisoka), a gang leader (Kuroro, who is hunted by the Hunters), or an assassin be on this list?

This is the top 5 user of the world not the top 5 most efficient killing machines in the world. If you want a killing machine, Rose is far more potent than any such list and that'd mean Diego is more powerful than the top 5 users put together (he has Rose, he can clearly launch them if he wanted to). There's no reason to believe this list was ever done solely as a function of fighting power, or Netero should still be in it. None of the common candidates that got mentioned in this list as a function of fighting power has ANY chance of beating Netero in combat, yet Netero is not a top 5.

Yes the top 5 probably just happens to go be good at fighting anyway, but again there's no reason Alluka would not be in the top 5 if he can be considered a valid candidate and yet he has no actual fighting abilities himself.

Honestly the 'guy who lives in the cyberworld' that never showed his face in the election arc has a far more likely chance of being the top 5 than any other character introduced at this point. I can easily see something like: "This guy controls the Internet with his aura-enhanced hacker skills" and that'd actually be worthy to be the top 5.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    It'd be a sad sign of catering to popularity if people as irrelevent as Hisoka gets on this list.

The triple star Hunter requires several Nobel prize level of accomplishment. There are at least 4 Triple Stars from just the Zodiac counting Ging (who is not one but obviously is qualified) but it'd be pretty ridiculous if Zodiac has 4 out of the top 5s. If the most elite organization in the world can't possibly get its highest tier characters (triple stars), why on earth would a random murderer (Hisoka), a gang leader (Kuroro, who is hunted by the Hunters), or an assassin be on this list?
    Some people don't care about accomplishments. There's no way any committee would give stars to criminals anyway.

I also wonder how one could make a comparison if one does not measure "strength" on a common basis. I can imagine the dog-girl having immense healing power but how would that qualitatively compare to, say,
    Spoiler show
    To make any sensible comparison there needs to be a common attribute to measure. "Who can kill who" is a decent metric (but even then, some people may have abilities that are good at killing lots of fodders whilst others may only be good against solitary opponents.)

For the record,
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Because the Hunters are the premier association in the world whatever standards they set for the Triple Stars would be considered a minimum needed to be in the top 5 since the Hunters don't have a monopoly on the top 5.

In the flashback it says Ging found some ancient ruins, destroyed some crime organization, and found out how to raise some presumably endangered species. Although there's no elaboration on what he did, given Triple Stars require multiple world-class contribution you can assume the crime organization he busted was probably as strong as the Spiders. The ruins he found would be like Atlantis, and the species he raised was definitely one of a kind. He's also the only confirmed member of the top 5, and you can see what he did is not just a matter of 'can kill people better than anyone'.

While there's no rule that says a top 5 can't be people on the fringe, if you're constantly being hunted by random guys that really doesn't sound top 5 like. Someone who isn't part of the 'good guys' and still be top 5 might be someone like Whitebeard from One Piece. He's technically a hunted person but clearly nobody is really going to attempt to mess with them. If you take poeple like Hisoka or Kuroro they at always shown signs of 'let's not try to draw more attention than we need to' when confronted by even just normal pro Hunters let alone someone who can actually put up a fight against them. In this since Silva is far more likely to be a top 5 since nobody messes with the Zs despite them obviously doing illegal activities, though the fact that the Zs can't fight Netero who currently does not appear to be in top 5 would eliminate them, because it's hard to see the Zs having any other useful contribution via aura beyond killing people.

When Gon was trying to look up Ging's information he found out he's a classified member. I'd say to be a top 5 you got to have at least that kind of pull. Yes technically the two doesn't have necessarily have anything to do with each other but if you can't achieve the prestiege needed to be a classified member of the Internet (The Spiders and Zs can be found by Internet, just would cost a lot of money) I don't think you've done enough accomplishments to be considered in the top 5.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the top 5 user of the world not the top 5 most efficient killing machines in the world. If you want a killing machine, Rose is far more potent than any such list and that'd mean Diego is more powerful than the top 5 users put together (he has Rose, he can clearly launch them if he wanted to). There's no reason to believe this list was ever done solely as a function of fighting power, or Netero should still be in it. None of the common candidates that got mentioned in this list as a function of fighting power has ANY chance of beating Netero in combat, yet Netero is not a top 5.

Yes the top 5 probably just happens to go be good at fighting anyway, but again there's no reason Alluka would not be in the top 5 if he can be considered a valid candidate and yet he has no actual fighting abilities himself.

Honestly the 'guy who lives in the cyberworld' that never showed his face in the election arc has a far more likely chance of being the top 5 than any other character introduced at this point. I can easily see something like: "This guy controls the Internet with his aura-enhanced hacker skills" and that'd actually be worthy to be the top 5.
    Top 5 Nen users are 5 Ppl who's Nen power, ability, usage are outstanding and un challenged. We know Ging is 1 of them but never seen him use Nen....Netero mentions he isn't the strongest in the world anymore he's probably 6 or 7.

What the hell does Hunter Stars have to do with your Nen power and skill on how to use it. DIdn't Hisoka kill a 2 star Hunter. Hunter Star's are just like you described they are about achievements as an Hunter, what you've contirbuted to the world..And 2 get 3 stars you have to train another beginner Hunter and he has to get a star. Proving you are contributing to The HXH association by raising Ppl that also contribute to it...that has nothing to do with being the Top Nen users......The Stars also don't measure your ability in combat much less Nen usage.

We only have 1 member of this official list. I'm not exactly interested in just the top 5 for me it would be top 15. We've seen Netero who trained for years and years and was able to punch faster than the speed of sound and is able to clasp his hands faster than anybody or thing can react. So yes Netero's Bhudda Hatsu is very very impressive and prove's his ability in Nen is almost unchallenged, He can even do it with no hands presumably as he mention his technique is all about heart. That's how much he's mastered it....So the Top Nen users have Haxx abilities..If I had to make a list of the top ppl we seen so far this is it..

Netero
    Ging-only because we know he's in the real list
    Silva
    Zeno
    Razor

Others that follow are Illumi, Chrollo, Hisoka, Morau...Everybody I've mentioned I believe are somewhere on the top 20 list at least.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is Zeno and Silva so high up? Their Nen is used for the express purpose of killing people, and we've seen how good they are at that. These guys were merely competitive against Chrollo. Zeno in particular was willing to sacrifice himself for the purpose of stopping Chrollo's movements, so he must be, at most, at par with Chrollo (unless you assume escaping is far easier to do than attacking in the HxH universe).

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Why is Zeno and Silva so high up? Their Nen is used for the express purpose of killing people, and we've seen how good they are at that. These guys were merely competitive against Chrollo. Zeno in particular was willing to sacrifice himself for the purpose of stopping Chrollo's movements, so he must be, at most, at par with Chrollo (unless you assume escaping is far easier to do than attacking in the HxH universe).
    The only other person that can go on the list is Morau we know he has A lot of Aura and knows how to use it pretty wisely. We've seen him fight for days in the Chimera Ant arc.....Nen used for killin or not for killing the only difference that matters is how much aura they have and how well they use their Nen. Zeno in particular can extend his EN up to 300M, we were informed 50m was master class that speaks for itself.......His Dragon Dive on the Palace is East Gotu was something else..Also Netero needed some body skilled with an ability to get close and then confuse the enemy while hiding during the attack,. his old buddy Zeno Zoldyck was the man for the job. Zeno gets the bottom of the list Razor seems a bit stronger..............

Chrollo has a lot of haters but Ppl like to use faulty arguments of how only being able to use 1 hand, his thief ability takes to much requirements. Chrollo is a force to be reckoned with point blank period, he's knowledgeable and skilled that equals POWER, the manga isn't about who's physically stronger. the question about 1 on 1 Zeno made that statement he doesn't know who'll win because Chrollo is skilled and who knows what other hatsu abilities he has pretty sure their are Dozens of them in his book....Silva Imo can beat him and I also believe Silva can beat Razor.

You have to realize Ppl like the Z's have been trained in killing and combat since their Toddler Years. They probably learn Nen in Their Pre-teens or earlier. They create Hatsu abilities solely to kill or to be more efficient at Killing. Simply an ability to help them in their trade, somebody like Biscuit is automatically at an disadvantage with her stupid Nen ability. But this is what she relates with She Hunts beauty and herHatsu restores, Health and Nen I believe?? That's not gonna be able to be used in battle even if she hides it won't be useful....So Top Nen users are Super Masters like Razor who put fear into the Spiders while they were in a group, He's responsible for GI Emission system, he broke Hisoka's fingers when he tried to stop his full strength volleyball strike...Somebody like Netero who's reached the Zenith of his ability takes him 0.1 seconds or so to attack, able to use his ultimate move with 1 hand presumably none..Zeno who can extend his En 300m a task that's makes the users weary, able to analyze others movements and nen abilities just by looking.....Top Nen users don't have to killers but KIllers obviously have a greater advantage than non combat hunters. I believe most of them are going to be Nen fighters anyway and not Specialized Hunter skills.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Morel can't be there or yet He would have mention it when He raised the subject.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Morel can't be there or yet He would have mention it when He raised the subject.
    Yea I know. I'm referring to my personal Top 5 list of who I would rank the most powerful shown so far.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to understand the scale here. Hisoka and Kuroro obtained power in their own manners. Equate this to Vegeta ascending to Super Saiyan for the first time. He obtained that level of power through his own methods. The standard Hunter X Hunter world has as its standards, for w, but for characters like "Hisoka and Kuroro, you have to consider they have obtained similar levels of power to the top nen users. Through their own methods, of course. Forbes doesn't provide a full list of the black market's top earners.
    Among thousands of comrades and ten thousand enemies, only you... only you made me forget my dream. I see it!

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

hello in an anime chapter togashi said that hisoka was the strongest so he probably is on the 5. Also hisoka was looking for ging so probably they know each other or hisoka just want to defeat him.

btw hisoka already should have killed chrollo so stop mentioning him .

too bad togashi doesn't show secondary characters story.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To me thinking of the nen users in terms of power can't be related because it depends on who your facing and the applications of your nen power and because of the different areas of hastsu and techniques they have. I don't have a top 5 list but i think that any of the phantom troupe members can be in that list. I believe Uvogin is the strongest in terms of power but was killed by an ability designed to target the troupe and any other method would have been extremely hard to kill him. Cause Kurapika can be also the in the list if his opponent was a troupe member. Hell if you think about it the strongest Nen user is Meruem cause he only truly "died" from a nuke and the poison after the explosion.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast